Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

What I wouldn’t give to send this back in time to American soldiers in 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
are they sad that this is all just really embarrassing for them or something? they wont lose their vet discounts or whatever.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
Our Soldiers sure are invincible roughneck killin' machine manly men until they suffer some minor setback, and then they turn into maudlin emotionally wrecked babies

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Since 9/11 30,177 active duty US military have committed suicide. Vastly dwarfing active combat deaths.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Mothership consultancy doing VA emails:

Subj: WE LOST

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
mr normal is back

https://twitter.com/AmrullahSaleh2/status/1427607793708814361?s=20

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Are... are we the baddies?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
The send one of these "please don't kill yourself" emails pretty regularly, not surprising that they'd dress it up with some current events flair.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

was america the bad guy all along???!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

etalian posted:

I'd hate to mention Glenn but he had a great roast about how Afghanistan was pretty much carrying on this legacy of lying from the Vietnam era.

Sort of similar to how Crooked Hillary bragged about having a private and public positions on things like healthcare.

I'm pretty sure in internal briefings and assessments they knew the central government military was a paper tiger but hoped it would fall apart at a less politically inconvenient date.

One of the really frustrating parts is that there's no "pretty sure" involved. We got that big dump of Afghan papers two years ago which told everyone who wanted to know that we're not building anything and everyone was knowingly lying about it.
I guess what did come as a surprise was that the Taliban were not only pretending they were less poo poo than 1.0, or at least they're pretending very impressively.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

T-Paine posted:

Our Soldiers sure are invincible roughneck killin' machine manly men until they suffer some minor setback, and then they turn into maudlin emotionally wrecked babies

Includes fighting enemies that they can't bomb with impunity

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

fits my needs posted:

are they sad that this is all just really embarrassing for them or something? they wont lose their vet discounts or whatever.
When you commit life altering sacrifice believing in something really really hard, you kinda get super mad/depressed when there is a massive proof your sacrifice was useless/to the profit of some assholes, floating around. I remember reading an insane rant on how the iraqi WDMs existed and it was ALL THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA fault if people didn't know and my first reaction to that insanity was "hmmm i think that guy is a leg-less vet with 85% of the skin burned". Like seriously that kind of encounter with reality gently caress up people bad. For more examples, see the actual nazis who were ww1 vets.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Orange Devil posted:

Are... are we the baddies?

Yes. Death to America.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
*Kills old woman walking towards him and then plants an AK on her body* What does this all MEAN? Who AM I!?
*Pees in a bottle and gives it to a desperate child* IS THIS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE VULNERABLE

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

BERLIN — Until Sunday, Europe thought Joe Biden was an expert on foreign policy.

Now, the American president’s decision to allow Afghanistan to collapse into the arms of the Taliban has European officials worried he has unwittingly accelerated what his predecessor Donald Trump started: the degradation of the Western alliance and everything it is supposed to stand for in the world.

these people are beyond help

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Toplowtech posted:

When you commit life altering sacrifice believing in something really really hard, you kinda get super mad/depressed when there is a massive proof your sacrifice was useless/to the profit of some assholes, floating around. I remember reading an insane rant on how the iraqi WDMs existed and it was ALL THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA fault if people didn't know and my first reaction to that insanity was "hmmm i think that guy is a leg-less vet with 85% of the skin burned". Like seriously that kind of encounter with reality gently caress up people bad. For more examples, see the actual nazis who were ww1 vets.

T-Paine posted:

*Kills old woman walking towards him and then plants an AK on her body* What does this all MEAN? Who AM I!?
*Pees in a bottle and gives it to a desperate child* IS THIS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE VULNERABLE

many sides

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
unsurprisingly though radio free europe seems to be busy spreading baseless panic (they just blocked the guy asking this)

https://twitter.com/Paktyaw4l/status/1427605127016460291

Der Meister posted:

BERLIN — Until Sunday, Europe thought Joe Biden was an expert on foreign policy.

Now, the American president’s decision to allow Afghanistan to collapse into the arms of the Taliban has European officials worried he has unwittingly accelerated what his predecessor Donald Trump started: the degradation of the Western alliance and everything it is supposed to stand for in the world.

european neocons are like 10x more pathetic than their american counterparts since they have zero meaningful stake except whining and pissing themselves about Moral Credibility or whatever

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

no actual help just an email lmao

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Der Meister posted:

AMERICA IS BACK, BABY. :chaostrump:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1427615783761367043

:thunk:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

thx 4 the tip analyst

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

T-Paine posted:

*Bravely surrenders to Iran patrol boats* MY COWARD PEOPLE BACK HOME CAUSED THIS

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah no poo poo, thanks analyst

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I tried watching some normie american news last night and lost it at this point when they started talking about why the army gave up and didn't want to fight (7:55)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYDp5Z008aA&t=475s
not enough literacy and college degrees. big hard weapons too complex for dumb dumb farmers.

"They can't really read a stop sign"

:negative:

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 14:38 on Aug 17, 2021

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

fits my needs posted:

The grift of keeping our invasion forces flush with manpower starts with convincing people that all of the free stuff is great, then retaining them through indoctrination.

This is an instant evaporation of everything used over the past 20 years on soldiers or by soldiers to convince them that what they were doing was worthwhile or had a point.

Sure they were dumb enough to sign up and believe it or evil enough to convince themselves they did for the money, but this is a complete and instant dissolution of all pretense, lies or excuses. So they aren't handling it well.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

OH NO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT THE HORROR

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

fits my needs posted:

Tbh I imagine realizing all the war crimes you committed were for nothing is a pretty big blow to your self esteem

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

OH NO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT THE HORROR

* of non-whites

Literally the greatest imaginable horror to the ghouls running the West.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Oh no not that capitalism

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zohar posted:

unsurprisingly though radio free europe seems to be busy spreading baseless panic (they just blocked the guy asking this)

https://twitter.com/Paktyaw4l/status/1427605127016460291

look, what are they supposed to do, not stoke a mass panic that has demostrably gotten a bunch of people killed already?

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

drat that sounds bad, they should be murdering 100k people and then failing at exploiting the rare earth metals because their local cartel of grifters and war criminals is incapable of holding the area long enough to develop anything instead

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Well, sure some are just psychostic child ready to kill themselves any moment with a suicide by cops after murdering 30+ unrelated people but do you have to bring that up, that's depressing and IT'S JUST THE PRICE YOU PAY TO BE AMERICA #1!!!!1!!!ONE

gregday
May 23, 2003

reaching out to my battle buddies

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Countdown until an American starts crying about how Chinese mining efforts in Afghanistan are bad for climate change.

Bonus points if this person has direct links to the billionaire plot to stripmine Greenland.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1427624292796313603?s=20

https://twitter.com/jacqklimas/status/1427624072926703630?s=20

lol

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Orange Devil posted:

Countdown until an American starts crying about how Chinese mining efforts in Afghanistan are bad for climate change.
Wait until they find out what they've been up to in Africa

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

America+The West Exploit Resources like THIS

Chinese + Locals Exploit Resources like THHIIIIiiiIIIIiiiiIIIssssss

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
new deployment just dropped ️:waycool:

https://twitter.com/DanLamothe/status/1427624943408324609

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

it would be a huge embarrassment if Afghanistan rapidly unified and peacefully established a new government.

US and Imperial allies new move seems to be aiding capital flight out of Afghanistan, along with potentially skilled laborers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Boat Stuck posted:

China ain't building hundreds of new missile silos for nothin'

https://www.economist.com/china/2021/07/31/china-is-rapidly-building-new-nuclear-missile-silos

A lot of rumors that the PLA is moving to a launch-on-warning posture

lmfao, aren't those the pics of the windfarm that idiots combing google maps think is missiles

fooled by usa propaganda again