Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should fix that, then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/MortalShellGame/status/1427253811379331073?s=20

Good stuff!!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Are you on the street team professor

Because I have like 100 MS videos on my YouTube and I didn't see you at the meetings

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I really liked the game! It felt like a really good first attempt at a souls like, I hope they make a second one

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

They did and it's free for 5 days!!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Hopefully they hired a competent environment designer this time.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I really liked the game! It felt like a really good first attempt at a souls like, I hope they make a second one
Agreed! It's the only soulslike not by From that I've finished.

Those trophies are really something tho.

American McGay posted:

Hopefully they hired a competent environment designer this time.
What do you mean?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

So this is an expansion and not a new game?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Garou is out on GWG. Great classic fighting game but oof these lobbies. With you could have spectators.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

American McGay posted:

Garou is out on GWG. Great classic fighting game but oof these lobbies. With you could have spectators.

I owned this on the Dreamcast and I was absolute dogshit terrible at it but still, gorgeous and better than 3rd Strike

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

American McGay posted:

Just won a match knowing basically nothing. Gonna play this a bunch for awhile while the player count is active though, good 2d sprite fgs are awesome.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BestBuy has CP2077 for $10

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&st=cyberpunk+2077

I’ve played quite a bit of it and it’s definitely worth $10.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MarcusSA posted:

BestBuy has CP2077 for $10

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&st=cyberpunk+2077

I’ve played quite a bit of it and it’s definitely worth $10.
I own it already on PC and PS4, but for that price, I bought it again so I can see it in 60fps on Series X. Not playing it just yet, though, because I played through it for the second time a few months ago. I need a break before I play it again lol

I enjoyed the game, bugs and all. It wasn't 7 years of hype good, but it's a good game nonetheless.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

I own it already on PC and PS4, but for that price, I bought it again so I can see it in 60fps on Series X. Not playing it just yet, though, because I played through it for the second time a few months ago. I need a break before I play it again lol

I enjoyed the game, bugs and all. It wasn't 7 years of hype good, but it's a good game nonetheless.

Not going to lie I also bought it a second time for the Xbox because playing it on the PS5 leaves a lot to be desired.

It seems like the Xbox version is actually better right now.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

American McGay posted:

Garou: Mark of the Wolves was the apex of SNK's hand-drawn 2D fighters and the Fatal Fury series, and it is insanely good. If you have access you need to go pick this up for free even if you don't like fighting games, it is the absolute best of the breed. Not optional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvnjoAjYBb4

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kushnood butt

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Tizoc main here, although I forgot all his moves. Still owning people with grabs though.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I’m sick still, and after work and a nap I played more Diablo 2 beta. I found my eyes to be hurting and I was mulling quitting the game for the day so I poked around in the settings and decided to turn on performance mode…. Ok NOW I see what a difference 60 FPS makes. Wow what a difference.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

otter posted:

I’m sick still, and after work and a nap I played more Diablo 2 beta. I found my eyes to be hurting and I was mulling quitting the game for the day so I poked around in the settings and decided to turn on performance mode…. Ok NOW I see what a difference 60 FPS makes. Wow what a difference.

Switching directly from 30 to 60 has a powerful effect.

Also gently caress Blizzard.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

otter posted:

Be sure to turn on larger fonts in the settings. That makes a world of difference as well.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
My first impression of Mark of the Wolves is very high

https://twitter.com/kevynwhipcity/status/1426906668303110145?s=21

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Next Game Pass Date Batch

COMING:
Today: Humankind (PC), Need for Speed Heat (Cloud via EA Play), Star Wars Battlefront II (Cloud via EA Play), Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Cloud via EA Play)
August 19: Recompile (Cloud, Console, and PC), Train Sim World 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC), Twelve Minutes (Cloud, Console, and PC)
August 25: Psychonauts 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
August 26: Myst (Cloud, Console, and PC)

GOING:
August 31: Blair Witch (Cloud, Console, and PC), Double Kick Heroes (Cloud, Console, and PC), NBA 2K21 (Cloud and Console), Stranger Things 3: The Game (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Mark of the Wolves is one of my favourite games of all time. It’s so beautiful and dynamic. The peak of SNK, and vastly overlooked.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Is that THE Myst or some wacky later remake?

I can't wait to get stuck 14 minutes in!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Presumably it's the Myst remake from a few years ago.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Let's get some Myst achievements

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Zurtilik posted:

Is that THE Myst or some wacky later remake?

I can't wait to get stuck 14 minutes in!
It's a new Unreal Engine-based VR-centric remake that was released on Oculus Quest last year. The exclusivity deal is up and now it can be played on a flat screen again.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Wow, Humankind is a day one release - can’t wait to check it out! I stopped following development after the early betas, so I’m keen to see how it turned out. Xbox still winning

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Lol, MYST is coming to xbox in tyool 2021? I can dig it. I was unable to play it in 1993 because it was too taxing on our pc at home so now I will finally have the chance.

Game Pass delivers again after 28 years of waiting.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

elf help book posted:

Dang well better be an achievement for beating it in sub 5 minutes

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

elf help book posted:

Draw a dick in the green square grid. -- 15 GP

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
More games should be like Far Cry 4 and give me the option to just beat the game via non participation.

The TRUE answer to the trolley problem.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
gently caress Myst give me The 7th Guest

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kevyn posted:

gently caress Myst give me The 7th Guest

They're still trying to figure out how to announce it while only using the vowel Y

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
*hang ten gesture* page 152 my dudes

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Barudak posted:

Dang well better be an achievement for beating it in sub 5 minutes

agreed. I think it might take me an extra 5 minutes to figure out the train car in the Selenetic age or however you spell it, but other than that I'm about to mercilessly crush the entire game as soon as it comes out on GP

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I have never been able to get through a Myst game because there is just something inherently creepy about how the world is presented and I feel terrified to actually move around in it, as if there will be a jump scare any second. I know that is not the case but still can't play it myself.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

barnold posted:

agreed. I think it might take me an extra 5 minutes to figure out the train car in the Selenetic age or however you spell it, but other than that I'm about to mercilessly crush the entire game as soon as it comes out on GP

I remember talking to a friend about that section, and he was like "it took me so loving long to map out the entire track on graph paper" and I said the noise it makes when it stops tells you which way to go and boy was he pissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

barnold posted:

I cannot believe I'm spoiling Myst of all loving things but You don't need to do a single age to beat the game, as long as you know the solution to getting the final page and accessing Atrus's book you can do the whole game immediately and it takes no time at all for even a relatively casual person

Thom12255 posted:

I have never been able to get through a Myst game because there is just something inherently creepy about how the world is presented and I feel terrified to actually move around in it, as if there will be a jump scare any second. I know that is not the case but still can't play it myself.

The sound direction in Myst is so absolutely on point it gives the whole thing this terrifying off loneliness. It is an absolute stone cold classic and yes, I have always felt like a jump scare was right around every corner.