Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Glad the media is covering the important poo poo while we race towards another dark winter of mass death

https://twitter.com/echinoblog/status/1420069675036147713

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Testvan posted:

finally a government that requires masks

yea thats not funny

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Glad the media is covering the important poo poo while we race towards another dark winter of mass death

https://twitter.com/echinoblog/status/1420069675036147713

why are you upset with this marine biologist posting about marine biology :confused:

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
https://twitter.com/GovBillLee/status/1427365113770749958?s=19

Looking at both the post and the comments. We are NEVER going to live in a post Covid world. Lmao

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

euphronius posted:

first trunp thread was like 14000 pages

14088 to be exact

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Platystemon posted:

I don’t understand why the software has trouble with long threads.

It only has to display one page at a time. There shouldn’t be a dependence on what’s on on every other page.

SEELCT * FROM table_name WHERE thread_id = ? ORDER BY post_date LIMIT 100000 OFFSET 50

This query will scan 100050 rows if an index on (thread_id, post_date) exists. What is on every other page does in fact matter.

There are some ways around this sort of pagination, but there are tradeoffs. It's hard to avoid if you want the ability to say "give me the 1709th page of this thread" for example.

Notorious R.I.M. fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 17, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Serf posted:

its hilarious how much better prepared they are for this than the united states lmao

checking Worldometers, they have a 7-day average of... 86 cases-per-day. They added 604 new cases over the last seven days, and 723 the week before that.

they currently have 1,938 active cases, a little higher than their previous "peak" of 1,885 on Jan 26, 2021

4,636 deaths, up by one since Jan 25, 2021

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

someone please go back in time and have abe Lincoln wall off the south please

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Real Mean Queen posted:

Remember when the last batch of kids got approved for the vaccine? Wasn’t that at basically the exact same time that they announced that the mask burning was available for vaccinated people, and then they pretended the bump from the kids was all unvaccinated people who wanted to stop wearing masks? Remember how it wasn’t?

I think they’re doing that again. Maybe set it up so that most Americans are getting third doses right around Christmas so Biden can have a big Christmas celebration for how he beat covid, and then we can do it again for Fourth of July.

And so this is Christmas (COVID is over)
For weak and for strong (If you want it)
For rich and the poor ones (COVID is over)
The road is so long (Now)
And so happy Christmas (COVID is over)
For black and for white (If you want it)
For yellow and red ones (COVID is over)
Let's stop all the fight (Now)

Apr 7, 2003

brugroffil posted:

why are you upset with this marine biologist posting about marine biology :confused:

I thought I linked the NPR story, whoops

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Rushes into the thread out of breath.

Did you hear?

More great news this time out of chicago.

I know many people were expecting the Lollapalooza concert to be a superspreader event but now more than two weeks out from the massive event with a 385,000 person crowd it appears that the doomsayers were incorrect as there have been 0 (zero) deaths and 0 (zero) hospitalizations linked to the massive concert.

I was happy to hear this.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Forseti posted:

And so this is Christmas (COVID is over)
For weak and for strong (If you want it)
For rich and the poor ones (COVID is over)
The road is so long (Now)
And so happy Christmas (COVID is over)
For black and for white (If you want it)
For yellow and red ones (COVID is over)
Let's stop all the fight (Now)

through the years we all will be together
if COVID allows

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

skewetoo posted:

Rushes into the thread out of breath.

Did you hear?

More great news this time out of chicago.

I know many people were expecting the Lollapalooza concert to be a superspreader event but now more than two weeks out from the massive event with a 385,000 person crowd it appears that the doomsayers were incorrect as there have been 0 (zero) deaths and 0 (zero) hospitalizations linked to the massive concert.

I was happy to hear this.

I am sure these numbers are 100% accurate

Apr 7, 2003

bag em and tag em posted:

Looking at both the post and the comments. We are NEVER going to live in a post Covid world. Lmao

(re Australia and NZ controlling covid) Because they started before COVID became prevalent in their country. We have too many cases since March 2020 to attempt this. They have the ocean as borders. The United States has Mexico and Canada. They don't make children under 12 wear masks (this original article is about school kids).
I understand your viewpoint on masks. If everyone in the United States was vaccinated and wore masks, it would not end this pandemic any sooner. It's a global issue. Variants will continue for years and years. At some point, everyone will throw their hands up and accept the inevitable that Covid-zero is never going to happen.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Der Meister posted:

someone please go back in time and have abe Lincoln wall off the south please

deny us all you like, we are the same

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

still full bore foaming at the mouth raging and screaming in fury over this

"hungry dogs are obedient dogs"

yea motherfucker that trick works great until you starve the dog too much and it RIPS OFF YOUR loving FACE AND EATS YOUR BALLS

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

I mean, the mass protests last year didn't result in any statistically significant outbreaks in a pre-vaccine world because people were adhering to pandemic hygiene.

The Sturgis suck & gently caress party in August DID result in outbreaks because no one was practicing pandemic hygiene.

I'm not going to a concert or baseball game any time soon but it's probably not too terribly risky if vaccinated in the summer. It's the normalization of throwing away pandemic control measures that are going to really start killing people once it gets cold out.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

euphronius posted:

They better be, otherwise we may appear foolish for trying to reimagine germ theory.

Apr 7, 2003

osprey posted:

yea motherfucker that trick works great until you starve the dog too much and it RIPS OFF YOUR loving FACE AND EATS YOUR BALLS

They don't even bother hiding their contempt for the bottom 85% of society anymore lol

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

It's a paste from DD I'm sorry

Apr 7, 2003

skewetoo posted:

Delta started in India in October 2020.
So, are you implying this all has to continue until the entire world is vaccinated?
With the vaccine's effectiveness waning and breakthrough infections, how do you propose we do this? Even if Pennsylvania was 99.999% vaccinated across all ages, we would still have those who can't get the vaccine for a valid medical reason and you would have the rest of the world as a breeding ground for new variants.
It's time for personal responsibility. You get the vaccine. You protect yourself. If you choose not to get the vaccine, you are responsible if you get covid and have a negative outcome. If you want to protect yourself, go ahead and wear an N95 mask. If I don't want to wear a mask, that's fine.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Killing kids with covid because you love them.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

osprey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGWT5JMl3ns

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Tzen posted:

lmao and the restaurants are packed
even the international district is done with covid
this pho spot pre-covid i would frequent had at least 50+ people in there
i mean that pho is good but i don't know about dying for good
eating delicious pho, what a way to go

Last time I got my favorite Chinese takeout they had opened up their dining room and had a big sign up saying they basically had to or else they’d run out of money and asking people to be patient with whatever Covid restrictions they still had in place, and the lobby was packed with all the worst Open Biden stereotypes imaginable and I waited behind all of them for several minutes before getting my takeout. I feel bad for everyone on the restaurant side but I haven’t been back since

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum posted:

Vermont cases for August 17

8/14: 130
8/15: 63
8/16: 61

23 hospitalized (no change from Friday)
7 in ICU (no change from Friday)
no new deaths

There was apparently a lag in updating the hospital numbers. They're actually:

25 hospitalized (+2 from Friday)
9 in ICU (+2 from Friday)
no new deaths

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Business Gorillas posted:

If you've got some high protein meals for us weightlifting folks, can you post those too? Bean crew rise up

Beyond/Impossible veggie meat is pretty good and really easy to sub into ground beef recipes. It doesn't have as much protein as actual meat, but it's decent.

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

INSHALLAH

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Platystemon posted:

I don’t understand why the software has trouble with long threads.

It only has to display one page at a time. There shouldn’t be a dependence on what’s on on every other page.

You can force the forums to display every post in a thread at once. Presumably that's as unhealthy for the forums as it is for your computer because of Radium.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
it just doesn’t matter at this rate healthcare for any ailment in this country particularly the south will cease to exist or be so lovely you might as well jus webmd poo poo yourself. this is why I stopped riding my bike and went back to the elliptical in the garage for exercise, I just cannot take the risk of an ER visit.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

skewetoo posted:

My favorite part about this is that even if you buy that they are doing any sort of track and trace the 385k number is an outright lie - that's the number you get if you add up the number there each day as a sum, while ignoring that the vast majority of people were there each day so it's really a quarter of that.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

There is going to be a direct line between this EO and a kid's death

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Aug 17, 2021

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Pead posted:

I can't believe there aren't thousands of lawsuits about things like this already. I don't think I've heard of a single one this entire time.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

got the results of my titer inspection

no big ole honkin titers, but still pretty deece for six months out and a good starting point for launching em into the stratosphere when I get a booster.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Thoguh posted:

My favorite part about this is that even if you buy that they are doing any sort of track and trace the 385k number is an outright lie - that's the number you get if you add up the number there each day as a sum, while ignoring that the vast majority of people were there each day so it's really a quarter of that.

Imagine looking at that photo in this day and age and believing no one died as a consequence later

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Kind of wild everything returned to normal here in Indiana except for jobs:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

brugroffil posted:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Pead posted:

they are no angels

Apr 7, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

I can't believe there aren't thousands of lawsuits about things like this already. I don't think I've heard of a single one this entire time.

If the "we need guns to prevent government tyranny" crowd had anything to back that up whatsoever they'd have already removed Abbott, DeSantis, et al from office by now.

All hat, no cattle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Lol at Florida's case numbers spiking directly up.