Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

osprey posted:

still full bore foaming at the mouth raging and screaming in fury over this

"hungry dogs are obedient dogs"

yea motherfucker that trick works great until you starve the dog too much and it RIPS OFF YOUR loving FACE AND EATS YOUR BALLS

Also it's complete bullshit and army k9 handlers carry food during missions cause a hungry dog won't work and gently caress I hate how the right can just bring up the military to get fake points in an argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Thoguh posted:

We had this exact same conversation last summer in the COVID thread driven by the exact same posters that consider any type of situation where you purchase a service to be "renting a servant".

replace all servers with robots so they don't have to smile and people don't have to leave a tip, also they don't get covid, bing bong so simple

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Louisgod posted:

replace all servers with robots so they don't have to smile and people don't have to leave a tip, also they don't get covid, bing bong so simple

Didn't they try this with tablet ordering, but then they realized the entire industry would collapse and outlawed it

There were even games and poo poo between ads while you waited for your food

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Louisgod posted:

This only works if we can make a robot that can cry when shouted at. The middle class will accept nothing less.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/BusinessInsider/status/1427636676009107470

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
right at the 6 month mark for me :smug:

https://twitter.com/AnneWallAllen/status/1427677494371622922

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Relevant Tangent posted:

Moderna works and doesn't show the same degradation of function over time that Pfizer does, correct?

unless you can explain confidently why this is the case (not just link to preliminary studies suggesting it), I think you would be incredibly stupid to assume Moderna is just magically better than Pfizer and doesn't need a booster

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Sunny Side Up posted:

the water recedes far into the ocean

revealing all the mud and muck and trash near the shore

adult children cry out with joy, and rush to play in the refuse

a vast and uncompromising wall rises up

heavy and solid, accelerating, inevitable

savor and suffer every moment of anticipation

is this Tool?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

man that suit of his would look great in a coffin

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cup Runneth Over posted:

unless you can explain confidently why this is the case (not just link to preliminary studies suggesting it), I think you would be incredibly stupid to assume Moderna is just magically better than Pfizer and doesn't need a booster

Yeah I've seen plenty of stories of Moderna breakthroughs, just not as much as Pfizer and J&J

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
the marek's disease hypothesis is indeed a doomful one

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i guess selling one of your many many many many many many houses simply is not an option, gotta get handouts from the government unlike those lazy poors who just want handouts from the government and aren't even willing to work for 7.25 an hour 100 hours a week.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SKULL.GIF posted:

look at bottom left and click the dropdown menu. each page is a line. multiply by # of actively browsing users in cspam

Replace the dropdown box with a text box to type in the page number.

Jeffrey can PM me for my rate for further consulting.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I wish all landlords nothing but death and destruction along with a severe bout of covid that doesn't kill them but makes their lungs useless and also that their dicks fall off

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

boo hoo hoo oh no my passive income :qq:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

empty whippet box posted:

i guess selling one of your many many many many many many houses simply is not an option, gotta get handouts from the government unlike those lazy poors who just want handouts from the government and aren't even willing to work for 7.25 an hour 100 hours a week.

"we held off on sucking blood for awhile but these bloodbags won't be able to survive that long!"

quote:

We've been fortunate to be in a position where we can sustain no income and we try to be very compassionate and understanding for our tenants. We're trying to extend their leases so we can make enough over a period of time to make up for some of these losses, but most people don't have that kind of staying power.

I see that with my clients every day. They're no longer able to make their payments, they're liquidating their properties, they're selling them to private equity. It's very tragic. And while we've been able to sustain our properties, we have stopped all improvements and renovations because we don't have the capital.

"they're withholding their blood from our rightful parasitical mouths!"

quote:

Second, proof of hardship could eliminate some of the questions landlords like me have about our tenants. We see that there's an incredible amount of open jobs, and communities are opening up in spite of the COVID-19 delta variant. It's likely that our tenants have received jobs and are now working.

Our tenants don't have to provide any documentation to us, so they could be working and we see that they're buying new goods, but they're not paying rent.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Platystemon posted:

Replace the dropdown box with a text box to type in the page number.

Jeffrey can PM me for my rate for further consulting.

odds of this fundamentally breaking the forums or possibly auto-deleting the entire database are pretty high I'd imagine

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

im just CHILLIN' in the intensive care unit!!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ben shapino posted:

im just CHILLIN' in the intensive care unit!!

i'm at the covid ward
i'm at the taco bell

i'm at the combination covid ward and taco bell

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

just got a text message from my florida county emergency dept that our dear leader RON "REGENERON" DEATHSANTIS has proudly opened a REGENERON DISCOUNT WAREHOUSE near me and they are currently having a FIRE SALE

https://twitter.com/DWUhlfelderLaw/status/1427674937997791233

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

osprey posted:

just got a text message from my florida county emergency dept that our dear leader RON "REGENERON" DEATHSANTIS has proudly opened a REGENERON DISCOUNT WAREHOUSE near me and they are currently having a FIRE SALE

https://twitter.com/DWUhlfelderLaw/status/1427674937997791233

is that the one that made trump bi

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

brugroffil posted:

odds of this fundamentally breaking the forums or possibly auto-deleting the entire database are pretty high I'd imagine

good

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Glenn is normally very right, but is quite the fucker when it comes to covid.
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1427681382847991816?s=19

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1427682752640569354?s=19

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Mr Hootington posted:

Glenn is normally very right

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Glenn is normally very right

what

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

please keep the lovely lib in the lovely lib thread for him

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!
Listen to the imperious notes of deez nuts glenn

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Glenn is normally right (wing)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Nah he is a free speech absolutist and an actual honest to God classical liberal. It really is something. Might be the only one left in existence.

Well anyway he is wrong with a kernel of right with this.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
putting this in terms glenn would understand: i do not consent to joinder

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Nah he is a free speech absolutist and an actual honest to God classical liberal. It really is something. Might be the only one left in existence.

liberals are right wing ihth

anyway I’m seeing lots more masks about 👍

good job people

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

"Nobody wants them but, we have to means test them anyway."

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Joementum posted:

putting this in terms glenn would understand: i do not consent to joinder

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

a COVID thread original. i call it "LMAO: You Can Only Watch"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have a friend who lives in new zealand and from his accounts, they are loving life and basically boggling at the rest of the world for how loving stupid we are and nobody wears masks or anything there because why would they really?

the idea that new zealanders are suffering from some great mental distress over the covid lockdowns is utter lunacy. they are laughing at us raucously amongst themselves, when they aren't watching with horror and tightening the locks just a little bit more every time we do something stupid

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So elastomeric crew, quick question about the seal test since I ordered the whole speaking diaphragm honeywell thingie and it just came.
1. When I do the positive pressure check (I think that's it? The exahle one) the mask gets pushed away as it should, but if I keep exhaling does get pushed away enough that some air escapes from the top by my nose. This does not happen when exhaling/inhaling normally and I can detect no leaks up top normal. I assume that's supposed to happen since the pressure? Face shield isn't fogging up and all that.
2. I hear a click when I exhale but everything seems fine. Why?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

titty_baby_ posted:

I'm sure these are 100% accurate numbers

Cry more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

maybe it’s a good thing that some people are going to die.