Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

I needed this today thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Zugzwang posted:

Related, Phil Valentine still mega sick:
https://twitter.com/bobmuellerwkrn/status/1427620655814565888?s=20
If he’s been hospitalized for a month with this, isn’t he pretty hosed even if he lives?

This idiot is just wasting an ICU bed at this point.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/DankSinatra06/status/1427393934955778051

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

From a raiders FB group.

This guy is dead fuckin serious and doubling down and I sincerely hope he spends all of his money on fighting a 100+ year old Supreme Court case over Allegiant season tix.

Does that Supreme Court case apply to a private contract?

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

Galewolf posted:

Well, obviously not [citation needed] but according to the article, the answer is straight up "lol, get hosed" so that's assuring.
I donated platelets twice in the last 4 weeks after not having gone for a year, I remember it stuck out to me that I didn’t see the COVID vaccine status question on the first donation since I thought they’d been seeking that, though it did show up on the second one. So I’m not sure they even have 100% knowledge of whether a particular blood donation came from someone vaccinated or not.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Its WWII all over again, just replace brown people with vaccinated people

quote:

In December 1941, a few days after the bombing of Pearl Harbor and the U.S. entry into World War II, a Detroit mother named Sylvia Tucker visited her local Red Cross donor center to give blood.
Having heard the “soul-stirring” appeals for blood donors on her radio, she was determined to do her part. But when she arrived at the center, the supervisor turned her away. “Orders from the National Offices,” he explained, “barred Negro blood donors at this time.”

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
or gay people in, uh...2021

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Anne Whateley posted:

or gay people in, uh...2021

It is an FDA thing. The Red Cross website blurb on it basically says we know it is a lovely policy but we can’t change it. The Red Cross did recently start a study on the blood of gay and bisexual men to try to show that the policy can be changed but who knows if the FDA will change anything based on it?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

imo shove these ghouls out of the ICU as soon as you reach max capacity

7of7
Jul 1, 2008

Zugzwang posted:

If he’s been hospitalized for a month with this, isn’t he pretty hosed even if he lives?

Another for the pile:
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1427225265923674115?s=20

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

This dude looks too old to play baseball.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

owns

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Big Dick Cheney posted:

Does that Supreme Court case apply to a private contract?

I'm pretty sure the EULA (or whatever it is for stadium seats, "ticketholder agreement," I believe) on your Allegiant season tickets that are physical and digital media says "we can do whatever the gently caress we want with them and you can suck a dick, maybe get your money back"

I can't comment on the veracity of that since I'm not rich enough to go to Raiders games now that they moved closer to me :rolleyes: but it's basically what my now year-and-a-half-old RATM/RTJ tix say

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Aug 17, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I thought the rapture was going to happen all at once, but Long Rapture seems just as good. Anyway, time to turn megachurches into non-vax'd ICU prayer-o-toriums and leave the nasty hospitals full of medicine and professionals for the non-believers.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

brugroffil posted:

imo shove these ghouls out of the ICU as soon as you reach max capacity

Why wait? They made their choice, let them enjoy it.
Frankly it may even be about as close to a real solution as we have in this hosed up hell nation. Make a semi-mandatory vaccination mandate for all Americans able to receive it. Individuals can opt out and choose to be not vaccinated - hence semi-mandatory - but in doing so must sign a waiver that excuses hospitals from having to provide them ICU care for any and all COVID related symptoms and complications.

Republicans love to sow, but hate to reap, but too bad. Make them.

7of7
Jul 1, 2008

Saalkin posted:

This dude looks too old to play baseball.

Oh you're getting mixed up. I think he plays for the Arizona football Cardinals. Easy mistake to make.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
my boss is antivax and she left her e-mails open. Her friends been sending her Dr Mercola poo poo and she's currently trying to find out what her legal rights are because her ex wants their kids away from her until she's vaccinated (which won't happen)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Plant MONSTER. posted:

my boss is antivax and she left her e-mails open. Her friends been sending her Dr Mercola poo poo and she's currently trying to find out what her legal rights are because her ex wants their kids away from her until she's vaccinated (which won't happen)

I hope her ex gets a court order to do just that.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
What do you say to people that agree to masks and other guidelines but refuse to get a vaccine? They feel like they are being safe and responsible so they don't need to inject "an experiment" into themselves. I'm in an online community and while the mods are anti-misinformation, the general consensus is wear a mask, not vaccinate. I don't know if its just trolls, new age woo types, or mix of both.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

MarcusSA posted:

Gives new meaning to the term “super spreader”

This news piece keeps on giving. They are now up to 109 participants (out of 500) who tested positive.

The hosting venue owner seems to simply be clueless.
(Apply your favorite translation engine.)
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/varmland/arrangoren-jag-blir-berord

This would, of course, be impossible unless a large proportion of the event were unvaxed. This spike has pushed the county up above “red” level by the EU guidelines and so residents are now barred from entering Norway and many other countries. (Even though the infected mostly came from other counties and from abroad, and have presumably returned there.)

Local mayor is righteously furious in a Facebook post.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158594133683683&id=679828682

“When the fact that a bunch of anti-vaxxers have been loving each other in Molkom leads to the border being closed for everyone in the county, it should be clear to anyone that both these people’s heads and the border crossing rules are completely hosed up.”

(I mean, he’s right about one of those things…)

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 17, 2021

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

temple posted:

What do you say to people that agree to masks and other guidelines but refuse to get a vaccine? They feel like they are being safe and responsible so they don't need to inject "an experiment" into themselves. I'm in an online community and while the mods are anti-misinformation, the general consensus is wear a mask, not vaccinate. I don't know if its just trolls, new age woo types, or mix of both.

you say "get the loving shot you clods"

seriously though there's no amount of convincing that's going to change these people's minds. last week a streamer I watch randomly started going into how unnecessary the vaccine is if you had covid (which they did) and i'm just not going to go back to it because gently caress these people. There were a bunch of people pissed about it in chat but an equal amount of people saying poo poo like "BASED!!!!" and praising them for not being a guinea pig or whatever.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
There's been a crazy turnover in medical staff and teachers this last year, listening to their stories is absolutely heartbreaking

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6996915988608355590

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6997029184581291269

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ginette Reno posted:

Looks like we're all gonna be due for another jab: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/16/us/politics/booster-shots.html.

I got mine in...April? May? I forget off the top of my head. I'll definitely be lining up to get a third shot as soon as I'm eligible. I'm not in any risk groups other than being a bit overweight but I've been working hard to lose that weight and have made some really good progress. I'm hoping my parents can get on this asap though.

Honestly I'll line the gently caress up to get a shot every year if that's what it takes with this poo poo. I know it's not going away any time soon because of the morons who won't get one

Seriously. I'll take 5. And a side of fries, why not

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://twitter.com/cnnphilippines/status/1427581320822104075?s=20

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

temple posted:

Try to convince them that the vaccine is a subset of the proteins and the problems their body will have to deal with if they catch the virus.

Remember when we called it the “novel coronavirus”? That bastard has been incubating in bats for millions of years, it spilled over in 2019, and now we’re in the test tube with it.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Zugzwang posted:

https://twitter.com/bobmuellerwkrn/status/1427620655814565888?s=20

Ask for me tomorrow and you shall find me a grave man.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Valentine is like a modern Charles II of Spain.

quote:

Short, lame, epileptic, senile and completely bald before 35, always on the verge of death but repeatedly baffling Christendom by continuing to live.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's been a crazy turnover in medical staff and teachers this last year, listening to their stories is absolutely heartbreaking

poo poo this is heartbreaking

Health workers should've quit last year, or protested or done something to let people know how tough things are, get a raise, more time off, something

I imagine due to the nature of the profession it must attract generous altruistic, selfless people in general, who don't tend to complain, but the way medical staff were treated last year (not just in the US, but globally) was shameful.

oh wow you clapped for a couple of days, great job

I can't find it right now but I remember a photo of a doctor or nurse standing in front of cars full of antivaxx protesters

Imagine going into the Covid floor after passing a bunch of antivaxx protesters outside lol
And then getting to work on antivaxx patients who will say "it was worth it, still don't trust the vaccine" when they get out lol

lol...

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

drat i guess all my friends who moved to nz in the 2010s had the right idea!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

That's the kind of determination every nation ought to have had since the start

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

That's the kind of determination every nation ought to have had since the start

There's nothing stopping other countries from doing the same, right now

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

:capitalism:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Boy this smoke is really something, let's figure out how to live with it, but never try to put out the fire tho

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Repeated experience over the last year says otherwise lmao

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That is a sweet woman and I'd bet that was the first time in years if not decades that she's said "loving".

And the fuckin "gimme the monoclonal antibodies!!!" Guess what the loving vaccine teaches your body to produce on its own, you absolute loving clowns.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

I imagine due to the nature of the profession it must attract generous altruistic, selfless people in general, who don't tend to complain, but the way medical staff were treated last year (not just in the US, but globally) was shameful.

Many are, but plenty are actually kind of horrible people. Just like any group, you get some good and some bad.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Another brave martyr dying for his beliefs.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
god sez, you lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

So what’s their long term strategy here? Delta/covid is really never going away now. Unless NZ intends to never let foreigners in, they’ll have to deal with it at some time. Unless they’re banking on a vaccine coming out that unequivocally protects all people. Or are they going to lock down every time someone is infected?