Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
oh well, enjoy your plummeting engagement rate I guess twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1427709269718310923

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

haha

I will only atone for my sins if I can see a direct, tangible benefit from it.

inspiring stuff from our most vulnerable industry: pharmaceuticals.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

What are firefighters in California even doing

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Bearjew posted:

do medical ethics actually allow you to make this kind of assessment without actually seeing this patient

madjackal doesn't know poo poo about ethics lmao he's a r-bomb rich kid chud doctor who hates everyone except the upwardly mobile nouveau riche pieces of poo poo he adores and emulates. He's don jr with a medical degree and an even worse sense of humor.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Filthy Hans posted:

he jerked off in front of his coworkers at the New Yorker and got fired for it by them but CNN of course did their usual "let 'em sit out for a few months and then bring 'em back when the olds have forgotten the controversy" routine

Then they forced Alison Camerotta to sit there with him on live t.v. going over the details of why and how he jerked it in front of his co-workers.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PyPy posted:

I have a dumb question. what is the difference between transgender and transsexual?

I think the latter has fallen out of favor for the former, for reasons regarding the nature of gender and sexuality, but they’d be interchangeable otherwise.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

A Bakers Cousin posted:

ones a social construct and ones a constructed society

this did not clear up my confusion

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Uncle Wemus posted:

not raking enough, evidently.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lladre posted:

I only have a white dog. But he does have a black cat toy. If that counts.

Oh absolutely. Thank you for sharing.

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

the milk machine posted:

this one. this is the good one

I don't believe you

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/KidsWriteJokes/status/1427707139007696908

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

PyPy posted:

this did not clear up my confusion

Yeah i guess its not so simple

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Uncle Wemus posted:

https://twitter.com/CAL_FIRE/status/1427675369230856195?s=20

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

is this a cia op

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

PyPy posted:

I have a dumb question. what is the difference between transgender and transsexual?

I have extremely woke children who could answer this accurately but I am not going to ask because there will be no other conversation for like 5 days

e: the best thing is to bring up "cultural appropriation" at dinner, that's a total hoot

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Bearjew posted:

do medical ethics actually allow you to make this kind of assessment without actually seeing this patient

ethics pfft, MJ has a a high rise apartment to live in and interns to gently caress

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/TwitterSafety/status/1427706890113495046

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is China good at fighting forest fires

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

emfive posted:

I have extremely woke children who could answer this accurately but I am not going to ask because there will be no other conversation for like 5 days

Hello mr damon

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is China good at fighting forest fires

they sweep their forests so there are no fires

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

ram dass in hell posted:

Hello mr damon

I'm tellin' you what, Mr Dass, I have learned a lot of lessons like this

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1427431450803068932?s=20

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pre-op bebop posted:

I don't believe you

https://i.imgur.com/FxggHKf.mp4

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1427685508889550854

His standards for 'uncovering' are as low as his standards for 'being attacked'

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

goddamn, those are full size pine trees

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
on the other hand....

https://twitter.com/mcdbooks/status/1425517371742109697?s=20

quote:

Nearly a third of the crews fighting wildfires in California are serving time in jails and prisons. That’s according to journalist and author Jaime Lowe, whose newest book “Breathing Fire” highlights the stories of several women who serve as firefighters as part of their sentences.

They’re called “fire camps,” and they’re located all around California. They’re facilitated by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR), one of the biggest prison systems in the country.

Lowe says there are many reasons why incarcerated individuals would want to be part of the program. It’s one of the highest paid jobs within state prisons. Firefighters earn around $5 a day, with an additional $1-$2 an hour when assigned to an active emergency. Conditions are also exponentially better at fire camps than in state prisons and county jails, according to Lowe.

“You have situations where there are trees, there are no fences, there’s no barbed wire. It’s sort of these beautiful remote areas where you’re immersed in nature. You have to do really, really, really hard, perilous labor, but you’re in a much more beautiful place serving time.”

She says there are also better food options and visitation opportunities at the camps.

“There’s a woman I talked to recently who was a formerly incarcerated firefighter, who described seeing her kid in prison,” Lowe explains. “And when she was in state prison, it was just her hand pressed up against a plexiglass window, and her child pressed up against the window and that was as close to contact as she could get with her child. But when she was in the camps, they could hug each other.”

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I feel really bad for their kid who is a very obvious political prop with no real love within that family :smith:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

pre-op bebop posted:

I don't believe you

i would never post a lie in the trump thread, this is sacred ground

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
How the gently caress did Bannon end up associated with Lindell, I thought Bannon was smarter than that.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

This is some hosed poo poo

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Old pianos can be a problem because the pegs and wood dry out, and they become untunable and irreparable, but you can still get some life out of them if you're lucky. Old Baldwin "Acrosonics" are particularly nice.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Uncle Wemus posted:

Seems like the west coast is doing just fine

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

ex post facho posted:

delete cookies then block further cookies from twitter dot com, that worked for me

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Feldegast42 posted:

I feel really bad for their kid who is a very obvious political prop with no real love within that family :smith:

maybe they'll turn out really cool and good because mayor pete is like a very good foil to rebel against

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

goddamn, those are full size pine trees

actually it's more likely they are fir or hemlock :smug:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

now list how many of those are unpaid prison inmates.

maybe Momala can tell us!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I think I would probably read a lengthy psychology paper about the pillow guy and whatever the gently caress is wrong with him

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
looks like Pete Buttigeig got into the drug from Junior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

ex post facho posted:

it was a dead platform as soon as they made it where the succ could turn off replies to avoid getting dunked on