Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

hmm it's lunch time, should probably eat something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ornery and Hornery posted:

update for first attempt at a booster:

DENIED

filled out form, was getting processed and right before receiving the shot, the pharmacist revealed that she sleuthed out I had received two shots already.

she asked if I had any underlying health conditions and I pulled a clone high lmao

IM NOT IMMUNOCOMPROMISED!!!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Stereotype posted:

oh lmao the curfew isn’t supposed to prevent covid cases, which are fine and we don’t have to do anything about, it is meant to prevent OTHER injuries since we don’t have any more ICU beds. that’s what the lt. governor just said. lmao. lol.

more icus for the covid gods :kheldragar:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ONLY YOUR RESPIRATOR TRUST

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

New Mexico is back to indoor mask mandate, August 20th to September 15th

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

Unless posted:

drat that's nice, I wish I lived in a state that doesn't want me dead

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Unless posted:

Phew, thank god the virus stops on Sept 15th

And can't be spread outside at all

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

CVS or rite-aid are where I'd go if I didn't already get a third shot. If you're going the immunocomprised route anecdotal reports here have CVS giving the least amount of fucks. If you're going to max titers it, rite-aid's official company policy is to not turn anybody away if they don't have id or insurance. ymmv

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Going for Moderna booster dose this week, I'll be sure to read the latest Gamefaqs guide before heading out.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I used to maintain vbulletin forums years ago and was a MySQL DBA until I quit a month ago. Large cardinality problems (like threads with a shitload of posts) are an extremely common style of resource consumption issue.

You quit your high demand DBA job? Are you getting into amateur epidemiology? If Nate Silver can do it you certainly can.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

College Rockout posted:

CVS or rite-aid are where I'd go if I didn't already get a third shot. If you're going the immunocomprised route anecdotal reports here have CVS giving the least amount of fucks. If you're going to max titers it, rite-aid's official company policy is to not turn anybody away if they don't have id or insurance. ymmv

yeah, I have a cvs scheduled this weekend, let’s see what happens

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

empty whippet box posted:

god, im glad i live in the US, where I'm free from the horrific effects of sustained social isolation. here I only have to deal with the constant threat of gun violence, 650,000 people dying of a preventable disease, extremely low wages, homeless people on literally every single street I walk down, and the ever-present threat of still getting covid even though i'm vaccinated, and god, compared to the horror of sustained social isolation I am just so so so happy I live in a FREE and CIVILIZED country otherwise my mind would be COMPLETELY hosed and I would be laughing like the joker pretty much constantly. Haha!!! HAHAHAHA!!!! ehehehe ahahhahEeuheauhaha
i used to worry about sending my kid to school because of mass shootings
lol now that covid is here, i get to worry about mass shootings and covidplagued schools!!!!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

You know that fat bastard will make since they always give politicians the best medical treatment possible like when Bojo and Trump got it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Serf
May 5, 2011

this is slander against mr. evrart, who is very nice and is helping me find my gun

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

sonatinas posted:

I guess a lot of people think delta is more of the same? lol while I crack ping every night tucking my kid to sleep

Yes. See 3 ft in school, hand sanitizer, temp checks, etc. luv 2 never learn a new thing or update existing knowledge.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

External Organs posted:

If I get covid I'm gonna charge it rent.
gently caress that, i'll evict that freeloader

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Stereotype posted:

oh lmao the curfew isn’t supposed to prevent covid cases, which are fine and we don’t have to do anything about, it is meant to prevent OTHER injuries since we don’t have any more ICU beds. that’s what the lt. governor just said. lmao. lol.

which state

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

osprey posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1427709663236268036

as a floridian this just makes me crack and ping and laugh crazily

ok just for fun i'm gonna turn on the local 911 dispatch right now and see how long it takes for just my area (which does not include any big cities) to get to 5 covid or covid-like-symptoms calls

keep in mind these aren't cases, they're people desperately calling the emergency line for help because they can't loving breathe anymore or their heart is exploding

*bell ring*

12 minutes!

This thread moves too fast so I'm not going back a dozen pages now to find and quote the post about some D&D poster still thinking Chinese infection figures are fake, but it reminded me of this thing that I thought you guys would get a kick out of.

https://twitter.com/SecBlinken/status/1427328903123722243

This is a bizarre tweet from US Secretary of State Blinken where he appears to be under the impression that there were Chinese citizens in Afghanistan who were in some kind of danger.

This is bizarre because it's well known (in China anyway) that on July 2 the Chinese government had already determined that the situation in Kabul was beyond hope and had chartered planes to immediately evacuate all PRC nationals from Afghanistan, except for essential diplomatic staff and a few other folks who wanted to stay. So was Blinken asking China to deploy the PLA to protect Americans in Afghanistan? Anyway.....

https://new.qq.com/rain/a/20210708A08OBR00

This is a news report from July 7 about how a plane arriving in Wuhan on July 2 had 52 covid positive passengers, the accurate reporting of which caused some alarm amongst Wuhan residents. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs wished to clarify that this was that chartered plane evacuating Chinese citizens from Kabul, and that in anticipation of there being covid carriers, the plane and crew had been specially prepped and equipped so that the covid positive passengers could be transported back to China and straight to quarantine in Wuhan.

I just saw a Chinese news report from Kabul now, the embassy is still operating normally, with the Taliban providing guards to ensure the security for the Russian and Chinese embassies which they have guaranteed. A few business people who had chosen to stay report that they still travelled around the city normally, with the only change being that they could no longer approach the airport for fear of being shot by a crazy American.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol covid is never going away
or rather, it'll fade out in 4-5 years once it becomes another flu

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

what's cool about the internet is that, when it's time for exploitive landowners to Get loving Wrecked as seems to happen in the late stages of any empire, [ redacted ]

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rKqTU2G0AM

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

hawaii. we gave up

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Stereotype posted:

You can't live your life in fear! :byodood: Tell him to open

uP

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Potato Salad posted:

what's cool about the internet is that, when it's time for exploitive landowners to Get loving Wrecked as seems to happen in the late stages of any empire, [ redacted ]

I'm not unconvinced this isn't Bezo paying people to be meat shields

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Crazypoops posted:

Do you know how many landlords there are out there

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Crazypoops posted:

why would he have to pay people to be meat shields when he can somehow profit off of them being meat shields?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
ICU Patients:
Strokes: 1
Injuries: 3
COVID Cases: 321
Heart Attacks: 2

someone please help me figure out what to do, my state is dying

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Serf posted:

this is slander against mr. evrart, who is very nice and is helping me find my gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcM1kTZm-nM

Serf
May 5, 2011

no1curr

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Stereotype posted:

ICU Patients:
Strokes: 1
Injuries: 3
COVID Cases: 321
Heart Attacks: 2

someone please help me figure out what to do, my state is dying

buy fewer covid tests

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Serf posted:

no1curr

i just enjoy JK simmons and that clip i wasn't really making a correction

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

this is the thread where we post about preventable pandemics right?

https://twitter.com/YahooCanadaNews/status/1427617849254760455

Looks like the suck and gently caress is in Edmonton.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

etalian posted:

You know that fat bastard will make since they always give politicians the best medical treatment possible like when Bojo and Trump got it.

I dunno. Does a state senator warrant that kinda effort? Maybe if he was governor.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

All I'm saying is going by mmo logic you have to go through 2-3 hours of landlords in waves of 5 before you get to Bezos

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crazypoops posted:

All I'm saying is going by mmo logic you have to go through 2-3 hours of landlords in waves of 5 before you get to Bezos

Also Bezos has the same landlord character model just to save art asset money

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

They didn't even bother to give him a custom hair model

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Forseti posted:

Edit: Also it makes so much sense that the Cassandra COVID thread is full of DBAs and people who understand and appreciate what DBAs do :lol:

It really does. Definitely not a DBA myself (I'm one of the weirdos who got a CS degree, and then went into management and got an MBA), but I have some serious respect for what they do. It probably helps that I do know enough to usually be able to call people out on poo poo not passing the sniff test.

Pretty much every DBA I've ever worked with has had a laundry list of stories of arguing with people that if said people want poo poo to not be completely terrible, they really need to do the non-trivial thing. And then not being listened to and getting paged at 4 AM because "the loving database is slow again and it's endangering our SLA commitments".

Kreeblah fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 17, 2021