Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

nate is very hungry for brunch.

why not look at the third derivative nate? why stop at the second? eventually you'll find something decreasing and you can crow about how everything is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

net work error posted:

Is it against the rules to say it would be very funny if Abbott died from getting delta'd?

Justice is a myth

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

net work error posted:

Is it against the rules to say it would be very funny if Abbott died from getting delta'd?

Hopefully it's against the rules to not say that

Edit: Oh. Forums rules, not thread rules

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

net work error posted:

it's against the rules not to

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The "rules" are harshly enforced against innocent cspam covid thread posters.

coke
Jul 12, 2009

Der Meister posted:

how is new zealand getting covid

are they letting people back in or what

they've been letting citizens and people related to them back in, or if you have some sort of critical purpose and you can apply for a critical purpose visa

i literally :justpost:ed through their quarantine for two weeks and got out two days ago

swear it wasn't me who brought it back in though

Marlow
Jan 11, 2007

Foreign dokaebi
https://twitter.com/elisefoley/status/1427735302416838659?s=20
[/quote]

lmao

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

College Rockout posted:

My guess is they're going to make people wait for the 8 month mark because approval for 5-12's going to come in the next couple months and they don't want news stories of people getting their third lining up with children getting their first. fyi pfizer efficacy is estimated at around 50% at the 6 month mark so I don't know what they gently caress the biden administration is doing here. The only moral thing to do is get the third as soon as possible.

It's only going to be EUA for kids whenever it happens, so they'll be stuck in the same lines as everyone else at pharmacies

The amount of asymptomatic children standing in line to get vaccines that won't even work because they have an active infection

:(

And the two-dose series is still only enough to keep kids out of hospitals - Delta's still going to make them sick as gently caress and they won't be eligible for the third shot until mid to late 2022

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
remember though, if you ever think something good will happen, it wont. only bad things happen

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

net work error posted:

I don't see why it would be against the rules unless you were one of the COVID viruses attempting to do the deed.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

coke posted:

they've been letting citizens and people related to them back in, or if you have some sort of critical purpose and you can apply for a critical purpose visa

i literally :justpost:ed through their quarantine for two weeks and got out two days ago

swear it wasn't me who brought it back in though

very interesting

are you the google exec

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Stereotype posted:

remember though, if you ever think something good will happen, it wont. only bad things happen

I like that this could be posted in any thread and be met with approval.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Stereotype posted:

nate is very hungry for brunch.

why not look at the third derivative nate? why stop at the second? eventually you'll find something decreasing and you can crow about how everything is over

serious copium addiction

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Thoguh posted:

I don't see why it would be against the rules unless you were one of the COVID viruses attempting to do the deed.

Ok.

It'd be very funny if Abbott died from getting delta'd

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Stereotype posted:

Wow seems like I'm pretty owned

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
me: "hello there Governor Abbott."
Gov. Abbott:

https://twitter.com/AbbottCampaign/status/1427422628248227841?s=20

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

lol that supposedly a guy who is vaccinated and isnt even experiencing symptoms is getting that stupid fuckin regeneron treatment

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

lmao

Lord of Pie posted:

covid will finish what the tree started, inshallah

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i'll feel good if NYC schools open and cases aren't skyrocketing two weeks later

....outlook not good

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
It should be a huge deal that he is tested daily and got the primo treatment right away despite having no symptoms while he actively tries to spread it to people without such luxuries but instead he's just gonna be back at it in a few days bragging about how COVID is no big deal

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What does Regeneron even actually do?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I want to poo poo all over nate silver's face and stuff his head into a toilet

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

SKULL.GIF posted:

regenerates u

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i hope they pump him full of steroids like they did trump. trump was really funny when he was high on those.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

monoclonal antibody to spike protein

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

SKULL.GIF posted:

Artificial COVID antibodies they can pump into you to neutralize COVID viruses.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

"oh poo poo we cant afford to lose shithead mcgraw better pull out all the stops to save this guy who isnt even sick"

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

SKULL.GIF posted:

That's the beauty of it, it doesn't DO anything!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao thots and prayers

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

SKULL.GIF posted:

Saves bad people and makes money for investors.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

my prayers for gov abbot. this isn’t a disease that you can just walk away from

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Pingui posted:

Saves bad people and makes money for investors.

Also this.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Nobody cares about kids. They don't even care about the boomers anymore. It's everyone for themselves

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Kreeblah posted:

Artificial COVID antibodies they can pump into you to neutralize COVID viruses.

And if I remember right it works the best if given early on. And he's getting it on the ground floor of his infection plus being vaccinated so he probably won't even have a cold.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!
^^^ Yeah I think this is a key bit too, especially with Delta. You go on the attack before the virus can get established and it's at its weakest.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think it more or less injects the stuff that your immune system uses to attack the virus directly without waiting for the T-cells to wake up and get all active.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

SKULL.GIF posted:

TLDR, it's an upfront shot of the antibodies that your body is racing to discover and manufacture when you detect a specific infection

it buys you time by beating back the infection a bit

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

holy poo poo I hope Abbott dies

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Stereotype posted:

what if that's good

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

whys it only a monoclonal antibody. how about a freakin duoclonal antibody. thats twice the clonals. folks,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Gresh posted:

holy poo poo I hope Abbott dies

the dude is vaxxed and getting the same poo poo trump got

the odds of him dying are practically zero

e: also hes evil so his death odds are actually in the negatives