Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Gresh posted:

holy poo poo I hope Abbott dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

It should be a huge deal that he is tested daily and got the primo treatment right away despite having no symptoms while he actively tries to spread it to people without such luxuries but instead he's just gonna be back at it in a few days bragging about how COVID is no big deal

Who was the last rich person of note to die from COVID

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Lol Abbott

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Sphyre posted:

whys it only a monoclonal antibody. how about a freakin duoclonal antibody. thats twice the clonals. folks,

It actually is lol.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Gresh posted:

He won’t but he might get a cheesier brain so Inshallah

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

McNugget Buddy posted:

Stan Chera

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Bouillon Rube posted:

my prayers for gov abbot. this isn’t a disease that you can just walk away from

:hmbol:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

My dumbass mother in law and her dumbass husband popped positive down in rural OK. It's always been a matter of time, but I'm still seething mad about it.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
gently caress you Abbott

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

osprey posted:

good luck goon

EFFORT POST INCOMING

my advice to anyone looking for a wfh gig:

quoting for later, thanks

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

McNugget Buddy posted:

Does Herman Cain count?

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Republicans are so loving dumb.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

College Rockout posted:

CVS or rite-aid are where I'd go if I didn't already get a third shot. If you're going the immunocomprised route anecdotal reports here have CVS giving the least amount of fucks. If you're going to max titers it, rite-aid's official company policy is to not turn anybody away if they don't have id or insurance. ymmv

rite aid is where i got my booster, with a fake name. saying i didn't have id or insurance didn't cause any problems.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

who

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Sphyre posted:

whys it only a monoclonal antibody. how about a freakin duoclonal antibody. thats twice the clonals. folks,

monoclonal: One specific antigen site is targeted for antibody manufacture and harvest in cell cultures

polyclonal: multiple sites of an antigen are targeted from manufacturing and harvest in cell cultures

it's actually a bit harder to select for monoclonal manufacture. the benefit is that there is far less chance of something going fucky in the patient when you are injecting a single form of an antibody instead of a diverse soup of antibodies that act against the targeted antigen in different ways and potentially cross react with your body in unforeseen ways

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

yeah I'm a DBA

Dick
Butt
Aficionado

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Republicans are so loving dumb.

you can get away with dumb if you're rich.

coke
Jul 12, 2009

Der Meister posted:

very interesting

are you the google exec
apparently you can just skip the whole two week thing if you are important enough

im too poor and still went through quarantine for it

also there are so many birds here for some reason, they just kinda chilled next to me when i was getting some coffee

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Epic High Five posted:

yeah I'm a DBA

Dick
Butt
Aficionado

Delta
Bariant
Anthusiast

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

ROLL :coronatoot: TIDE!

:blessed:

Doesn't that mean that the growth rate slowed down but it's still apocalyptically high...? :thunk:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Horseshoe theory posted:

Doesn't that mean that the growth rate slowed down but it's still apocalyptically high...? :thunk:

when you are comforted by second order phenomena, poo poo is hosed

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am gonna make out with gregory abbot

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Mr. Pizza posted:

where did you get your first two shots

some grocery store pharmacy, not at this Costco

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Gresh posted:

Morbus
May 18, 2004

kiss of death

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Horseshoe theory posted:

Pretty sure Nate was purposely trained wrong, as a joke

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Horseshoe theory posted:

sure we're still accelerating towards the cliff at a high speed, but we let off the accelerator a bit and so now we are accelerating less, time to open biden! *smashes on accelerator more*

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

coke posted:

apparently you can just skip the whole two week thing if you are important enough

im too poor and still went through quarantine for it

also there are so many birds here for some reason, they just kinda chilled next to me when i was getting some coffee

whas with all the dead trees. they get delta?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Morbus posted:

kiss of death

they call it the Silver Bullet.

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Horseshoe theory posted:

this just means nate is smoothbrained like all other pollsters

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
I've been putting off my vaccine due to never leaving the house. My hypochondria is acting up and I'm kind of anxious about getting the jab due to a irrational feel of getting an adverse effect. Is there any good material for reassurance?

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ornery and Hornery posted:

some grocery store pharmacy, not at this Costco

they billed your insurance and it got rejected by the insurance company with a flag saying "this dude had 2 shots already"

Say you're uninsured with a fake name

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Stereotype posted:

sure we're still accelerating towards the cliff at a high speed, but we let off the accelerator a bit and so now we are accelerating less, time to open biden! *smashes on accelerator more*

Or there was downtime while we shifted into a higher gear... makes ya think

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

ChazTurbo posted:

I've been putting off my vaccine due to never leaving the house. My hypochondria is acting up and I'm kind of anxious about getting the jab due to a irrational feel of getting an adverse effect. Is there any good material for reassurance?

get the vaccine you dumb baby

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

ChazTurbo posted:

how does this sound: "you'll feel weird for a few hours but it's better than dying."

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

oh it's winter right now in NZ I guess

coke
Jul 12, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

whas with all the dead trees. they get delta?
it's still winter right now in southern hemisphere :v:

almost spring though and some of the flowers are already blooming

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
*reads hundreds of posts of people getting as many shots as possible, their veins transporting around more vaccine than blood* hmm guys can you reassure me that the vaccine is okay?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Horseshoe theory posted:

We're at record highs

... and growing! :toot:

Stereotype posted:

Time to open schools!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

ChazTurbo posted:

It seems to have higher rate of side effects than most vaccines but I think it's still like 2/3rds don't notice anything at all with a large proportion of the reported side effects being limited to injection site soreness and lethargy.

Pfizer is less likely to cause side effects if you can get it.