Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

can I move to new zealand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i got the experimental serum almost a year ago today and i'm healthier than ever. the thick carapace of crystalline scales that now covers my entire epidermis took some getting used to but it turns out now i am nigh invulnerable and may well be immortal so you take the good with the bad.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

empty whippet box posted:

looks expensive

Looks? Well, this looks to be a complete waste of my time. That, my friend, is 85 nicker in any store you're lucky enough to find one in. And you're haggling over 25 pound? What school of finance did you come from? "It's a deal, it's a steal, it's the Sale of the loving Century!" In fact, gently caress it, I think I'll keep it!

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
after the vaccine's second dose I was sick for like a day but I didn't have to be intubated and I could still smell and taste and I have no long-lasting symptoms from the vaccine whatsoever. so it's probably better than the alternative, which is to get covid

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

I’m almost eight months post vaccine :(

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Der Meister posted:

just go get get another shot. gently caress the haters.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

mod sassinator posted:

to the surprise of no one, babies and toddlers are super spreaders inside a household.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1427681855286005760

we had 2 years to figure out effective and safe day care, and just punted on it. delta is going to rock a lot of people's day care world

https://i.imgur.com/lgVSf1F.mp4

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

uber_stoat posted:

just go get get another shot. gently caress the haters.

I might. supposedly might get official boosters next month. I have a buddy who got Pfizer in December and got moderna last week, wrecked his poo poo for 24 hrs

idk

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

coke posted:

apparently you can just skip the whole two week thing if you are important enough

im too poor and still went through quarantine for it

also there are so many birds here for some reason, they just kinda chilled next to me when i was getting some coffee

Unless I missed something new in the news last week Larry Page still did MIQ. His kid skipped it but only because that was a medievac and they went straight to hospital anyway.

He did want a better hotel though https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300375661/larry-page-billionaires-entourage-requested-miq-hotel-upgrade

SKULL.GIF posted:

whas with all the dead trees. they get delta?

It's winter.

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

https://twitter.com/kdurquiza/status/1427741493096112129
https://twitter.com/kdurquiza/status/1427748447709405184

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Der Meister posted:

You need a boost

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao does abbott really have it

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

ChazTurbo posted:

I've been putting off my vaccine due to never leaving the house. My hypochondria is acting up and I'm kind of anxious about getting the jab due to a irrational feel of getting an adverse effect. Is there any good material for reassurance?

Here, listen to this soothing British doctor (time stamp 9:50):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b98qMT-RWWo&t=590s

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:perfect:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

gremlins two
Aug 14, 2019

third shot report, CVS, florida

when i made an appointment, i didn't notice that my CVS account was associated with my mother's name - i'm managing her medication, and wasn't paying enough attention during the registration process. the form i had to fill out did have my name on it, but it didn't matter, CVS recognized the email address and put in a reservation for my mother -- with my date of birth, address, etc. i could have rescheduled for tomorrow, but i just wanted to get it done. after a couple of phone calls, i went in without a reservation.

there was no line whatsoever. being the only half-mask wearing member of the community, as far as i've seen, that was kind of expected. i walked up to the counter and explained my situation, they told me to just register as a walk-in. filled out all of the paperwork -- which did ask a lot of questions about immune disorders, so i marked the one i actually do have as a yes, but they didn't review the paperwork at all before they administered the shot (moderna). the wait was well under five minutes. they didn't even mention insurance.

i had to sign the standard waivers and produce my CDC card. i asked if they wanted to look at my medical records, since i'd assumed they would (and printed a few pages that had my immune disorder on them). the pharmacist said, verbatim, "nah, i trust you." i think he was just happy to give someone a booster.

after being given the shot, i was asked to mill around in the store for ten minutes. CVS sells key lime kit-kats, if anyone's interested. they look good.

i've lost a significant amount of weight since my second shot in february, and i didn't have an immune response at all for the first two, just a bit of a sore arm. i'm wondering if my being healthier in general will make this one worse, but i don't care, i'm just happy i'm boosted.

poo poo, that turned into an essay

gremlins two fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 17, 2021

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

McNugget Buddy posted:

You need a boost

I like to think I’ve been getting micro doses of covid at work since then so maybe I’m ok

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

corona familiar posted:

i did my best (one of the images were out of order in the album, and i tried to guess dates)

:tif:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol so every unvaccinated chud is going to make Regeneron $50,000 in profit

DeSantis is a motherfucker

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the thread title is the best thing I’ve ever seen

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

euphronius posted:

the thread title is the best thing I’ve ever seen

You no it's a cock tease like when Trump got COV19 and refused to get medical treatment

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao that the rich get regeron as a matter of fact

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Four new cases in New Zealand, including a hospital worker :(

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

the fact that that rear end in a top hat gets it while asymptomatic and being such a piece of poo poo

just breathtaking

no such thing as justice

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

oh it's winter right now in NZ I guess

is this true!?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

case growth growth (acceleration) has slowed down, but 'case growth has slowed down' is objectively false when the data is showing 28% increase week over week lol

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

CTs governor is mandating masks in schools for "at least a month"

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

mod sassinator posted:

case growth growth (acceleration) has slowed down, but 'case growth has slowed down' is objectively false when the data is showing 28% increase week over week lol

isn't literally any growth at all very bad on it's own merits

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I know doctors have their oaths, but gently caress if I kind of have a real hard time not seeing anyone who gives him treatment as a real piece of poo poo.
The man is directly responsible for the maiming and murder of literally tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands or even millions depending how much spread you want to directly lay at his feet, of people. And if he is healed, he will go right back to it. He is, like all Republicans, a fascist with no place in a civilized society, but even by the low bar set by his peers, he stands out as a monster who's crimes are so egregious they transcend our ability to even meaningfully punish. While there is nothing we can do that would even approximate justice, I'd say that the best we can do is to let him suffer and die from the very thing he used to murder and maim his victims.

gently caress this piece of poo poo.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

McNugget Buddy posted:

lol so every unvaccinated chud is going to make Regeneron $50,000 in profit

DeSantis is a motherfucker

Nope, it is not widely available so it's just for rich people and the occasional very lucky kinda rich person.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ChazTurbo posted:

I've been putting off my vaccine due to never leaving the house. My hypochondria is acting up and I'm kind of anxious about getting the jab due to a irrational feel of getting an adverse effect. Is there any good material for reassurance?

Well the worst you will get is mini-COV19 feeling feeling for a day or two as your immune system ramps up.

Some people don't get the above for whatever reason.

You don't want to get the real thing, some people I know even for flu like minor cases had the shakes and other misery for 2 - 3 weeks.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Jon Irenicus posted:

not if you sell regeneron!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Der Meister posted:

the fact that that rear end in a top hat gets it while asymptomatic and being such a piece of poo poo

just breathtaking

no such thing as justice

coke
Jul 12, 2009

Taitale posted:

Unless I missed something new in the news last week Larry Page still did MIQ. His kid skipped it but only because that was a medievac and they went straight to hospital anyway.

He did want a better hotel though https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300375661/larry-page-billionaires-entourage-requested-miq-hotel-upgrade

It's winter.

lol fair enough, guess they still have to go through the same pleb quarantine as us

i got insanely lucky and was quarantined at the destination city i had to go, so it saved me the trouble of finding another flight and problem of getting the luggage through

some other people on the same flight weren't so lucky and they had to book another flight back to where they need to go

also this was the view for 2 weeks

besides the noisy tram and the live music at night/weekend from the bar on the first floor it wasn't too bad

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lamo they the USA has governors who personally profit from the worst policy outcomes

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Zokari posted:

lol that supposedly a guy who is vaccinated and isnt even experiencing symptoms is getting that stupid fuckin regeneron treatment

* waits to finish writing press release until the governor is inbetween enormous coughing fits *

Not currently experiencing symptoms, all good!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Jon Irenicus posted:

*nate silverishly* yes but it shows we can do nothing and things will eventually get better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

lmao that the rich get regeron as a matter of fact

I went through the list of notable Americans who died from COVID this year, and the only ones who weren't old as dirt were washed up sports players and musicians, so I doubt there was much wealth there

I did find out about this guy though, lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Nalle

quote:

David F. Nalle (March 19, 1959 in Beirut, Lebanon – February 13, 2021) was a political writer, game author and font designer who was active in the early history of the development of the internet. He was at one time Chairman of the Republican Liberty Caucus, a group that promotes libertarianism within the Republican Party, Senior Politics Editor at Blogcritics online magazine, and was the CEO of Scriptorium Fonts.

quote:

Nalle returned to political activism after his unsuccessful run for State Representative in 2002, becoming involved with the Republican Liberty Caucus and eventually serving as Vice Chairman from 2007 to 2009 and Chairman (2009–2013). He also worked as an adviser and consultant on a number of campaigns in the 2008, 2010 and 2012 elections, specializing in new media campaigns and message framing. In 2011 he was an adviser to Texas Senatorial Candidate Ted Cruz, and as Texas State Director for the Gary Johnson presidential campaign. Nalle appeared in TV ads for the Ted Cruz in the U.S. Senate race in 2012. Towards the end of the 2012 election Nalle joined Liberty Torch Political Consulting. Nalle was the policy and messaging adviser for the firm. In 2012 he also became a member of the advisory board of the Coalition to Reduce Spending.

Nalle, as vice chairman of the Republican Liberty Caucus, initially endorsed Rand Paul in the 2016 U.S. Presidential election

quote:

On February 11, 2021, Nalle's partner, Maggie Perkins, reported that Nalle had contracted COVID-19 and was critically ill. On February 14, 2021, Perkins posted on her Facebook page that Nalle had died the previous day. Prominent American game designer Steve Jackson posted an obituary, remembering Nalle as "a game designer (Ysgarth), publisher (Ragnarok Press), font designer [...] and libertarian gadfly."