Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
my comic is on hiatus now so i asked people to vote on what they wanted to run on the main site until it came back. people voted for "learning facts from the main cast" so for the next 3 other saturdays i'll be coming up with other topics to cover.

consider: checking me out and learning something. then getting annoyed when you realize the rest of the comic is nothing like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I just wanted to say I really love Stagtown. drat good comic. Lots of weird poo poo and it just keeps getting weirder.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Wilde Life bringing its A-game on faces this chapter

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I feel bad for Oscar. This one is really truly 100% not his fault.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I think someone pointed this out in the comments of an earlier comic but the third panel here?

https://www.wildelifecomic.com/comic/899

I think it may not be just an expression.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

the holy poopacy posted:

Chris Hastings draws some sweet skeletons, death as a maitre d' looks legit pretty creepy.

I'm disappointed he hasn't drawn Frederick de Bonesby yet. What kind of artistically inclined tabletop gamer doesn't draw their own character portrait?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
https://www.wildelifecomic.com/

I feel like Oscar could have handled this so much better. If he'd just made it about himself and concern for his own safety and needing to pursue every opportunity to keep himself safe, I think Cliff would have grudgingly gone along with it to protect him - but by very obviously making it more about "figuring out the mystery" and satisfying his own curiosity, he's lost him.

Like the detail of him throwing money on the table even as he runs out though.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Oscar wants to go around having adventured with his friend without really realising his friend is a 16 year old werewolf who has grown in a hosed up family situation.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
It's one of the things where Oscar is absolutely right. Cliffs mom has information critical to both of their safety. But since Oscar has just suffered a traumatizing event, he's going about it in as a reporter. His professional mindset must be comforting to him.

But Cliff is a temperamental teen with huge daddy issues, and he's already insecure about Cliff maybe only liking him as a potential story. Of course it ends badly.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

girl dick energy posted:

I do think it's unintentionally hilarious that the multiple Broodhollow attempted reboots/restarts seemed to be taking place during a time loop plot.

Yeah, it does feel very apropos that book 3 keeps getting started and then disappearing from the website entirely. I can't shake the feeling there's a Broodhollow ARG or something out there.

Also, seconding the positive remarks about Starslip - it went to some really impressive places over its run, both humourously and dramatically.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I have a serious problem with Wilde Life.

Just what part of Oklahoma is that green?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

A.o.D. posted:

I have a serious problem with Wilde Life.

Just what part of Oklahoma is that green?

the part around where there's a magic forest, I guess

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

flatluigi posted:

the part around where there's a magic forest, I guess

Look I can support werewolves and Baba Yaga moving her hut to OK, but I draw the line at a non-brown Sooner state.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Othar Trygvassen is back in Girl Genius, and about goddamned time. I've missed that lunatic.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

habeasdorkus posted:

Othar Trygvassen is back in Girl Genius, and about goddamned time. I've missed that lunatic.

They seem to be tying in his twitter account again.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Bobulus posted:

They seem to be tying in his twitter account again.

That's back?! That thing was amazing!

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Today in barbarous the somewhat scary landlord lady gets much scarier

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

See guys, Oscar got through to Cliff eventually.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
The girl genius gurps book was not vaporware like I thought for.... Years?

https://twitter.com/SJGames/status/1429186139802513408?s=19

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
poo poo seems to be gradually getting real in Never Satisfied.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

FronzelNeekburm posted:

poo poo seems to be gradually getting real in Never Satisfied.
Thierry continues to somehow be even worse at this mentor thing than Spender.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I swear I have no idea what's going on in that comic and I've definitely read the whole thing. Keeping track of characters hasn't been an issue which I've had with some comics but there's a lot of "wait has this been established before?" poo poo.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
welp, I had been kind of checked out of Godslave but it has my attention again now

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Kiwi Blitz finally got a new page!

The author isn't committing to an update schedule for it just yet but it's good to see she's getting back into the feel for writing it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

Kiwi Blitz finally got a new page!

The author isn't committing to an update schedule for it just yet but it's good to see she's getting back into the feel for writing it.

It's so loving weird too because the comic is basically over too. It's in its denouement phase and was like probably 20-30 pages away from an ending anyway. So it was odd that it went on hiatus anyway right on the doorstep of being finished as she shifted full time to Sleepless Domain, but it's Cagle's comic so she can do whatever the gently caress she wants with it ultimately.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Sep 7, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
she's extremely clear about why she had to make time for personal things somewhere and i don't really think it's right to criticize that

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

flatluigi posted:

she's extremely clear about why she had to make time for personal things somewhere and i don't really think it's right to criticize that

I think what they're saying is that it's odd that the comic that was all but finished was the one that got put on hiatus.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ArchRanger posted:

I think what they're saying is that it's odd that the comic that was all but finished was the one that got put on hiatus.

Yeah, it was clear that between the two of them by that point her heart was more into Sleepless Domain than it was into Kiwi Blitz, so if one had to be put on hold while she helped her parents with her father's health issues then there's no real right or wrong choice here, the only decision that matters here is the author's. I'm guessing she didn't want to lose the momentum SD had built up, compared to KB which was basically dead in the water and nowhere near as popular by that point.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

From how she talked about it at the time, it sounded like the problem was that she couldn't get into the right headspace to keep writing it. Just wasn't getting the right inspiration to write out the rest of the ending, with everything else going on in her life. She redrew a few of the early pages over the course of the hiatus in an attempt to get into that mode of thinking again, and I guess she's now finally managed it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

From how she talked about it at the time, it sounded like the problem was that she couldn't get into the right headspace to keep writing it. Just wasn't getting the right inspiration to write out the rest of the ending, with everything else going on in her life. She redrew a few of the early pages over the course of the hiatus in an attempt to get into that mode of thinking again, and I guess she's now finally managed it.

I can imagine how going through a major and potentially end-of-life illness with a parent might obliterate one's desires to write a light-hearted and optimistic story where everything just works out perfectly for the heroes in the end.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

in addition to uh the last few years

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

I can imagine how going through a major and potentially end-of-life illness with a parent might obliterate one's desires to write a light-hearted and optimistic story where everything just works out perfectly for the heroes in the end.

meanwhile, sleepless domain is....................

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

rannum posted:

Sleepless Domain is a story about grief and healing.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

Yeah, I wouldn't expect anything explicitly inspired by Madoka Magica to be an uplifting and joyful experience most of the time.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

And trauma and a little depression. There's uplifting stuff in SD but considering the whole mindspace going on it's easy to see why SD continued and KB hiatused

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

rannum posted:

Ways to say you don’t read a comic without actually saying you don’t read a comic.

For gently caress’s sake, Chapter 2 ends with 60% of the primary cast dead.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

Ways to say you don’t read a comic without actually saying you don’t read a comic.

For gently caress’s sake, Chapter 2 ends with 60% of the primary cast dead.

I have read and continue to read the comic! I've posted about it, a lot!

The extended ellipses was meant to be a joke about how it had significantly heavier themes than where Kiwbi Blitz's ending was, especially at the current spot SD was at iirc. An equivalent of an awkward gesture at all that heaviness rather than just saying it outright

Considering this is the third person to misinterpret it obviously it was a joke that fell super flat!

rannum fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 8, 2021

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

the holy poopacy posted:

welp, I had been kind of checked out of Godslave but it has my attention again now
It is my great pleasure to report that This* Continues To Happen.

*Help, I've run into my divine nemesis Heru, heir of Ra and son of Osiris, taking his family to Boston Pizza in full dad mode.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/joechoui/status/1436030573559046149?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

just going to pop in and say how much I love Aphelion's weird hosed up world.

https://twitter.com/turbofanatic/status/1350968197047058439?s=20