Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Survey OP, what outcome on these other questions are you looking for?
Edit: Deleted.

Kestral fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Aug 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i saw a checkbox poll and checked them all by habit so i guess i have a lot of kids

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
He said the first elementary school, I would edit out the school names from your post.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kestral posted:

And also, which of the schools at the end should we be choosing?

delete this idiot

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Dumbest loving country https://twitter.com/concolbnew/status/1427754221143793670

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Kestral posted:

And also, which of the schools at the end should we be choosing?

edit out the quotes :)

when in doubt pick the first option, good general life rule

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
what a stupid poll, how is this how we make difficult decisions.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
Im not the OP but maybe don't post excerpts from the survey that will allow thread narcs to compromise the OP

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Apologies, edited out the names!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

LionArcher posted:

will you let us know when this company comes to other states though?

Yes......yes!!!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

there are so, so many people involved with providing access to this treatment who don't themselves have access or even protection

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Platystemon posted:

I don’t understand why the software has trouble with long threads.

It only has to display one page at a time. There shouldn’t be a dependence on what’s on on every other page.

its garbage day

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Vyacheslav posted:

I'm psyched to be able to help a little bit. Hijinks like this remind me of old school forum antics.

Me too. Except instead of sending Pitbull to a Walmart in Alaska, it's saving my kid's lives lol

Pingviini posted:

Incognito mode will let you have multiple cracks at the survey.

I figured it logs IP addresses and if I do that it cancels the two out or something. Like I said I suck at computers.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Abbott’s gonna pull the Superman reveal and shame trump. Desantis will then have him tossed in a bog and become supreme emperor.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
my stupid idiot child, Lowtax Goatse the 2nd, wants to wear a mask this year

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

If they're using SurveyMonkey to make life and death decisions then all options are on the table :shrug:

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1427778368817098756

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Everyone.

Greg Abbott has been executed by Military Tribunal

I take no pleasure in reporting this.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

T-Paine posted:

https://twitter.com/jayobtv/status/1427763084593074178
I believe Desantis hates Florida and wants it destroyed, and I mean

alachua is dracula backwards

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1427774105206538240

1300 deaths. backlog obviously, but jesus christ we really are going to be at 1k deaths a day every weekday soon. on track to hit a 9/11 of death a day in time for the 20th anniversary of 9/11

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
:goon: to save the lives of children. Sad that it has come to this.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Strep Vote posted:

:goon: to save the lives of children. Sad that it has come to this.

Yeah seriously.

I am just praying there's enough goons here to offset the lunatic anti-mask population around us.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Stereotype posted:

at some point we probably won't have a shitload of extra vaccines because i guarantee that they spooled down their production facilities months ago when demand fell off a cliff

Only a quarter of the world is full vaxxed, there’s still plenty of demand

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

The Nastier Nate posted:

Only a quarter of the world is full vaxxed, there’s still plenty of demand

demand by people who have lots of money

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Blooster posted:

I figured it logs IP addresses and if I do that it cancels the two out or something. Like I said I suck at computers.

I mean, in theory you are correct, but the people running the survey probably also suck at computers

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

1300 deaths. backlog obviously, but jesus christ we really are going to be at 1k deaths a day every weekday soon. on track to hit a 9/11 of death a day in time for the 20th anniversary of 9/11

I imagine we are a month or two away from the worst it especially after all US schools open back up without a mask mandate

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Survey response submitted, I hope it helps.

Provided I haven't burnt up any goodwill from that earlier post, I have a kid-related issue for the thread as well. I'm not a CSPAM regular, but this thread has the (justified) reputation for being both the most pandemic-cautious on the forums, and the most concerned with the wellbeing of children, so I'm here with questions on behalf of some kids.

I do volunteer work with kids in a homeschooling community in the US, mainly aged 13-16. They all got vaccinated as soon as 12-17s were eligible, even the ones in vax-denier households who proudly told me how they secretly got their shots without arousing parental suspicion. They've been clamoring for our group to meet in person again for a while, but the seriousness of Delta is now fully in their consciousness after a double breakthrough infection in one of their households (mom and grandma), and they're scared. They've asked me for some guidance about boosters, waning immunity, and what to do in case of breakthrough infections, and I've done as best I can, but pediatric information is thin on the ground and I'm hoping this thread will have collected more of it.

So, questions!

Do we have any information on how immune response is waning in teens/young adults, or are the data still pretty much based on the adult studies? And if we do have the data, does it vary meaningfully between Pfizer and Moderna?

What's the current best information on when teens should be seeking boosters? If they were adults I would tell them to seek them right now, but since they got their shots much more recently and also because kids are not small adults, I hesitate to propose the Max Titers route without some stronger guidance to that effect.

Finally, if you were in my position and you could give a COVID safety briefing to a receptive audience of homeschooled teens who will disseminate the information to their peers, is there anything else you'd tell them to improve their safety? Elastomerics will be brought up, rest assured.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

quote:

Great example of a company releasing a statement and nonsensical rules to adhere to the demands of a hysterical public.
Vaccine required (or a negative tests 48 hours ago - you can bar hop with no mask on the night before if you'd like).
Masks required at all times (except when you're sitting down for the 90 minutes along with 30000 other people).
It would be cool if people could take some personal responsibility instead of seeking more rules. If you're still wary of COVID perhaps skip going to soccer games with thousands of people for a little while?

Here’s a guy in reddit getting mad about vaccine mandates for a soccer game.

I don’t understand this guy, and I see a fair amount of guys like him. He seems to understand that this is a stupid idea, but instead of getting to “so that’s why we shouldn’t have the soccer game at all,” he goes with “just stay home if you’re scared of this obviously dangerous thing we’re doing a bad job of trying to make safer.”

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/JonScottTV/status/1427681565329534977

https://twitter.com/JonScottTV/status/1427693500754243585

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019
I love the new insanity coming from my uni in Texas. They dropped this thing called "Hyflex" less than a week before the semester starts where the professors are supposed to, at their discretion, split up the classes so that only half the students attend a class at any given time, where then the professor then goes home to record the lecture they just gave to let the other students watch what they missed.

It's such a transparent grab for filling student housing and student parking passes it'd be funny if it wasn't so lovely. It's also a really obvious "pass the buck" of responsibility to the professors and the profs are really, really unhappy about this.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

osprey posted:

survey asks for students' last names :(

my children’s last names are Johnson and Johnson

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Blooster posted:

I did one on my home internet and one on cellular data :cool:

as a frequent surveymonkey creator (lol) you’re fine, no one collecting surveys across 7 schools is gonna be able to cross-reference IPs in any meaningful way. goonspeed to you and your children, and what a hosed up world we live in lmao lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Kestral posted:

Do we have any information on how immune response is waning in teens/young adults, or are the data still pretty much based on the adult studies? And if we do have the data, does it vary meaningfully between Pfizer and Moderna?

There's a lack of data on this point since the 12+ age EUA was only recently approved while for comparison for adults shots were being administered back in Dec 2020 / Jan 2021.

I'd don't expect the result to be much different for kids given how all the other age ranges experienced a waning effect after 6 months but once again there's a lack of pre-clinical data for kids from both Pfizer + Moderna on this top.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
It's not even going to dawn on Abbott's chud fans that he was triple-vaxed while feeding them anti-vax red meat.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

etalian posted:

I imagine we are a month or two away from the worst it especially after all US schools open back up without a mask mandate

this assumes we do something in the next two weeks. whenever we get around to doing something, the peak will be 6 weeks later. "doing something" might end up being a panic when we breach 10k deaths a day.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Kestral posted:

Provided I haven't burnt up any goodwill from that earlier post, I have a kid-related issue for the thread as well. I'm not a CSPAM regular, but this thread has the (justified) reputation for being both the most pandemic-cautious on the forums, and the most concerned with the wellbeing of children, so I'm here with questions on behalf of some kids.

I do volunteer work with kids in a homeschooling community in the US, mainly aged 13-16. They all got vaccinated as soon as 12-17s were eligible, even the ones in vax-denier households who proudly told me how they secretly got their shots without arousing parental suspicion. They've been clamoring for our group to meet in person again for a while, but the seriousness of Delta is now fully in their consciousness after a double breakthrough infection in one of their households (mom and grandma), and they're scared. They've asked me for some guidance about boosters, waning immunity, and what to do in case of breakthrough infections, and I've done as best I can, but pediatric information is thin on the ground and I'm hoping this thread will have collected more of it.

So, questions!

What's the current best information on when teens should be seeking boosters? If they were adults I would tell them to seek them right now, but since they got their shots much more recently and also because kids are not small adults, I hesitate to propose the Max Titers route without some stronger guidance to that effect.

Finally, if you were in my position and you could give a COVID safety briefing to a receptive audience of homeschooled teens who will disseminate the information to their peers, is there anything else you'd tell them to improve their safety? Elastomerics will be brought up, rest assured.

I don't think you burned up any goodwill, not everyone thinks like a crazy internet detective.

Good on those kids for sneaking a vax! :3:

If everyone in your schooling group is vaccinated ans some of their homes are not, they're probably safer in the group to be honest. But really, they're probably the last group that should be concerned about the vaccine efficacy waning. They got jabbed more recently than most groups AND they're young and their huge titers should last longer. Not to mention that the reality is even before the vaccine, they truly are less likely to end up in the hospital.

So like, they should still mask around unvaccinated people (including <12) if they can, but I suspect in this case the benefit of the group meeting really is probably more than the benefit of avoiding other people. But if it's them who are worried and would prefer not to meet in the group than I don't think it should be forced either.

Not a doctor, just trying to give a somewhat informed assessment.

coke
Jul 12, 2009

Forseti posted:

Dayum, from the full resolution file or you did it with optics and a separate shot?

separate shots from phone and then last one from a massive lens, quarantine wasn't too bad with a good rear window

and lol this owns

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/126107338/covid19-aucklanders-heading-on-holiday-ahead-of-lockdown-angers-leaders

quote:

The nationwide alert level 4 lockdown was announced by Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern at 6pm on Tuesday night, after community transmission of the highly infectious Delta variant was found in Auckland.

But even as the announcement was being made, thousands of people were heading to Northland, equipped as if going on holiday, said Rueben Taipari,a leader of Tai Tokerau Border Control.

quote:

​“It’s ridiculous: thousands of cars were coming north from Auckland ... They’re bringing their fricken boats and caravans, and with their bikes on top of their racks.

“None of them were locals ... They don’t live here, they’re not permanent residents.”

locals starting roadside check to make sure the city dwellers aren't just going on holiday and spreading their plague

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Kestral posted:

So, questions!

Can the schooling be structured and implemented to enforce mask use at all times, improve classroom airflow, etc? I'd focus first on just assuming that vaccines aren't going to help and that the primary way to stop spread is through reducing air spread. Feigl-ding has a good tweet thread with info from the CDC on how to secure classrooms:
https://twitter.com/drericding/status/1365678603212648461?lang=en

Then I'd get boosters for the teens as soon as they're eligible. It's just an extra layer of protection on top of the airborne spread mitigations already in place.

Masks up, ventilate, distance... it all helps.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nothus posted:

It's not even going to dawn on Abbott's chud fans that he was triple-vaxed while feeding them anti-vax red meat.

Yeah also when Chud politicians get sick from COV19 they get the best medical possible to keep them alive.

Even though they are putting their dumb fanbase for higher level of risk due to things like lack of insurance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

17k hospitalizations in florida