Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Jon Irenicus posted:

Congress why are you just thinking about this? schools are in session right now. shouldn't we have worried about this a little earlier?

Well they were on vacation and everyone knows you don't take work on vacation, that just adds unnecessary stress to what should be a relaxing time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

this is gonna be a new dent in my brain. why are they just sniffing around now?? vaccines for under 12 and under has been the primary concern millions of families! kids are dying right now and you didn't look at a loving calendar?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Jon Irenicus posted:

Congress why are you just thinking about this? schools are in session right now. shouldn't we have worried about this a little earlier?

urgency is different in a gerontocracy

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

meet girls at the store posted:

What the gently caress? Thats like 1/14 of a large dog’s entire lifespan. Imagine moving to a new country and having to quarantine for like 4 years first.

You should take better care of your dogs

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Nocturtle posted:

Reading more about Abbot testing positive and it's clear we'll never see again the fun insanity of Trump's COVID case. These high level GOP ghouls are too smart and evil to actually believe what they're telling people.

IDK I'm pretty sure DeSantis is dumb as a hammer. Don't give up hope!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
All you parentgoons need to get therapy if you think vaccines are going to solve all your child covid woes. Make them elastomer, that's the only way to keep them safe. Vaccines are not the answer.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Congressman Dick Dumbfuck from (D-CA) seeing off little Ayyydain to his first day of school and having his synapses finally fire: "wait...vaccines?!"

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

DickParasite posted:

IDK I'm pretty sure DeSantis is dumb as a hammer. Don't give up hope!

J&J vaxxed too! one of the shittier ones against delta we think

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I haven't checked this thread in months, but it's frustrating to see everyone here still spreading anti-vax talking points

Please find more reputable sources.
https://twitter.com/carlzimmer/status/1408111643809169410?s=20

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Asproigerosis posted:

All you parentgoons need to get therapy if you think vaccines are going to solve all your child covid woes. Make them elastomer, that's the only way to keep them safe. Vaccines are not the answer.

bubble boy/girl but for real

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

sullat posted:

Can't be more disappointing then Trump surviving.

Unpopular opinion, that whole situation was already so over the top and perfect that even Trump surviving doesn't really detract from it.

Certainly wouldn't have objected to the ventilator-related outcome, but then we wouldn't have seen him gasping like a fish on the white house steps. Take joy where you can.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Jon Irenicus posted:

this is gonna be a new dent in my brain. why are they just sniffing around now?? vaccines for under 12 and under has been the primary concern millions of families! kids are dying right now and you didn't look at a loving calendar?

Because now it's a crisis (of thier own making) so they can score some points for saying they did something.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Gladys is cracking under the pressure

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6997574700343840001

Note North America, this is what press that actually challenges politicians looks like.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jon Irenicus posted:

they were busy executing some stock trades

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Gonna lol when libs force FDA to approve early for kids and it turns out it permanently inhibits puberty or some poo poo.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
this was probably in the old thread but i just noticed thread favorite xmas costume is on amazon for 50 bucks: https://www.amazon.com/YICHUMY-Inflatable-Christmas-Costume-Decoration/dp/B07ZNFJ744

peep those customer photos and reviews!

lmao

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

Gonna lol when libs force FDA to approve early for kids and it turns out it permanently inhibits puberty or some poo poo.

Yeah, better to let it just burn through kids unprotected. Which is also what liberals want.

Why do liberals always get their way.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Nocturtle posted:

Reading more about Abbot testing positive and it's clear we'll never see again the fun insanity of Trump's COVID case. These high level GOP ghouls are too smart and evil to actually believe what they're telling people. While banning mask mandates they're tested twice daily while triple vaccinated and getting intensive pre-emptive medical care the second they test positive. Sure Regeneron might not be effective against delta but Imdevimab still is and I bet Abbot's doctor's know that.

Meanwhile Trump was such an actual fool he refused to get tested even after getting visibly sick and resisted care until hospitalization was imminent. And of course he live-tweeted it. It's not happening again, and people getting excited about Abbot's case are setting themselves up for disappointment.

You bet your rear end they do. Physicians have known bam/bam is useless for months.

Trump was fun because he got sick early enough that there was some doubt what combo of treatments would work, but by now they know exactly which kitchen sink regimen has the best chances.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
This thread is antimask and I'm sick of it. You can't just vaccinate all your problems away!

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Jon Irenicus posted:

they were too busy explaining to us why they couldn't vote on m4a lol whoopsie

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Steve Yun posted:

https://www.wsfa.com/2021/08/17/alabama-has-negative-icu-beds-available/

What does a negative ICU bed look like

Is it a bed with black sheets that will explode if it touches a regular ICU bed

Surely if ICU beds are for the extremely ill, then negative ICU beds confer extreme health to their occupants. Alabama, you done did it. You chudded your way to the solution.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Asproigerosis posted:

This thread is antimask and I'm sick of it. You can't just vaccinate all your problems away!

This post is dangerously anti-vaxx.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

ram dass in hell posted:

they were too busy explaining to us why they couldn't vote on m4a lol whoopsie

lol yeah all that deliberation to send us $2k checks again... oh wait

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
oi so the health odors are rite eh?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Steve Yun posted:

What does a negative ICU bed look like

Is it a bed with black sheets that will explode if it touches a regular ICU bed

maybe they're doubling up

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

meet girls at the store posted:

What the gently caress? Thats like 1/14 of a large dog’s entire lifespan. Imagine moving to a new country and having to quarantine for like 4 years first.

Don't bring your lovely invasive species somewhere it's not wanted.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

Surely if ICU beds are for the extremely ill, then negative ICU beds confer extreme health to their occupants. Alabama, you done did it. You chudded your way to the solution.

I'm holding out for imaginary number ICU beds that can send me to an orthogonal dimension

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Open Ardern

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1427773589239914496?s=20

lol the health official who said Lollapalooza didn't increase COVID spread also said today that a higher case count doesn't mean a higher hospitalization or death count anymore

https://twitter.com/BauerJournalism/status/1427716386684641286?s=20

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Relevant Tangent posted:

Don't bring your lovely invasive species somewhere it's not wanted.

i'm going to smuggle a suitcase of squirrels into australia, lol

they're not poisonous at least!

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
https://twitter.com/brooklynvegan/s...ingawful.com%2F

chad fred durst vs virgin garth brooks

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Nocturtle posted:

Unpopular opinion, that whole situation was already so over the top and perfect that even Trump surviving doesn't really detract from it.

Certainly wouldn't have objected to the ventilator-related outcome, but then we wouldn't have seen him gasping like a fish on the white house steps. Take joy where you can.

That's true, and we wouldn't have gotten 1/6 if he'd croaked. I retract my statement.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Negative icu beds means they have patients in the hospital requiring critical care level that are in a waiting line to get onto the proper floor and are just on a lower level receiving substandard care until someone in the ICU dies and they get to take their spot.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Gladys is cracking under the pressure

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6997574700343840001

Note North America, this is what press that actually challenges politicians looks like.

no one told her that it would be a hard job, it isn't fair.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mod sassinator posted:

J&J vaxxed too! one of the shittier ones against delta we think

Cuomo also has J&J

This winter could have some redeeming qualities

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Asproigerosis posted:

Negative icu beds means they have patients in the hospital requiring critical care level that are in a waiting line to get onto the proper floor and are just on a lower level receiving substandard care until someone in the ICU dies and they get to take their spot.

Can I use my visa rewards points to get upgraded to ICU class?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

better safe than sorry? um i think youll find that the data says.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
WA DOH dashboard is gonna have to readjust the tableau bounds for hospitalizations. lmao