Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

That person will be reported and banned for threats, and Berenson will probably have a sympathetic employee internally flip a switch on his account that disallows reports against it for COVID-19 misinfo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

drat i missed the :yosnice: page

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Lovelyn posted:

Horrifying work story about proning:

We have 5 patients on proning rotations on the floor today. Our proning schedule is 16 hours proned, 8 hours supined/side-lying. I was helping the team when one shared a story about a patient who was proned and was lying on his dick. It went ischemic (lost blood flow) and he had 2/3 of his dick and his nuts amputated. Helluva thing to wake up to after being sedated for days/weeks.

Short covid.

Holy poo poo.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Oklahoma has been north of 50% positivity for 5 days in a row now. That seems pretty bad.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

lmfao now members of the house are asking, Where The gently caress Are The Child Vaccines!??

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/568268-over-100-lawmakers-ask-fda-about-timeline-for-vaccines-for-children
lmao now they think of the children

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

CaptainViolence posted:

drat i missed the :yosnice: page

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Fulkery1/status/1427852063065747457

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Lovelyn posted:

We have 5 patients on proning rotations on the floor today. Our proning schedule is 16 hours proned, 8 hours supined/side-lying. I was helping the team when one shared a story about a patient who was proned and was lying on his dick. It went ischemic (lost blood flow) and he had 2/3 of his dick and his nuts amputated. Helluva thing to wake up to after being sedated for days/weeks.

It's just the dick and balls necrotizing flu bro

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Makes sense they had to amputate his balls, COVID is stored there

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Rauros posted:

Six inches forward and five inches back
I got a—
I got an angry inch
Six inches forward and five inches back
I got a—
I got an angry inch

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
the media discourse has done a near 180 and now isn't saying COVID is just a red state full hospital problem anymore lol

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hospital-icu-covid-19-cases_n_611c7487e4b0c6968102b111

quote:

Hospitals across the nation are buckling under the surge in COVID-19 infections linked to the highly transmissible delta variant of the coronavirus, with some states reporting their intensive care units are rapidly filling with patients, much like winter’s wave of cases before vaccines were readily accessible.

More than a quarter of the nation’s ICU beds in use are currently occupied by COVID-19 patients, according to figures maintained by the Department of Health and Human Services. But an increasing number of states have said their intensive care wards are reaching capacity, with 1 in 5 ICUs at or over 95% full nationwide, The New York Times reported.

Public health officials from Hawaii to Mississippi, from Oregon to Texas have portended bleak statistics in the coming weeks, saying hospitalizations are already higher now than they were in January. Alabama said Tuesday it was out of ICU beds and was actually at “negative” capacity, and Oregon said hospitalizations rose 11% overnight as new cases soared.

also holy hell, one quarter of US ICU beds are COVID patients right now :stare: i'm sure that's perfectly sustainable and fine

and 20% of ICUs are 95% or more full

:stare:

mod sassinator fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Aug 18, 2021

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Lovelyn posted:

Um excuse me that's having your dick and balls amputated WITH covid not having your dick and balls amputated FROM covid

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

also holy hell, one quarter of US ICU beds are COVID patients right now :stare: i'm sure that's perfectly sustainable and fine

I live in one of the most vaccinated places in the country and we just broke out 1-day hospitalization record. Let me just check what the top stories on our local newsmedia are.
-Afghans live here and hate the Taliban
-Wow a lot of Alaska Airlines employees are dying of covid, that's weird since covid is over right
-Court overturns deceptive practices lawsuit finding against local chain of thrift stores

yup

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
what in the gently caress is biden going to do when 95% of ICUs are full period.

will he even show his face on TV?

(comedy option he will be on the vent too with a breakthrough case by that point)

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I can't stop doomscrolling, poo poo

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

the media discourse has done a near 180 and now isn't saying COVID is just a red state full hospital problem anymore lol

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hospital-icu-covid-19-cases_n_611c7487e4b0c6968102b111

maybe someone should do something

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

what in the gently caress is biden going to do when 95% of ICUs are full period.

(comedy option he will be on the vent too with a breakthrough case by that point)

They're going to have him showering in MABs and sitting on a chair made of booster needles, he's not getting sick.

He's also going to blame Trump I bet even though Delta is effectively a brand new pandemic that started in India on his watch.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mod sassinator posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1427872758436753409

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

mod sassinator posted:

Some of their brunch buddies must have gotten tubed or something. Suddenly, COVID is real again because it impacted somebody they know.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Just checked Chicago and Illinois, looks like they're starting to head up. Weirdly the UK is flat but they're still getting new cases so it's going up in total.

It seems like people are taking it seriously enough to at least stunt the speed of the growth but not the growth itself.

UnknownTarget fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Aug 18, 2021

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

mod sassinator posted:

Nah. They're probably dosing him with Pfizer every month or some poo poo. At the very least, I have vanishingly few doubts that he's not gotten more than two doses.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Kreeblah posted:

Some of their brunch buddies must have gotten tubed or something. Suddenly, COVID is real again because it impacted somebody they know.

The whiplash this time is going to be ridiculously fast because of how out of control fast Delta outbreaks blow up. We went from almost literally "covid is over" to the worst outbreak of the entire pandemic here in something like five weeks.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Lovelyn posted:

lol

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

A woman came up to me on the street today and told me that I can take my mask off, because Jesus Christ will protect me. Very cool, normal country, we're definitely gonna beat this thing eventually guys!

Blaspheming against the gospel of Matthew, what a heretic

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lovelyn posted:

having your dick and balls cut off is a small price to pay for having freedom and not taking the vaccine because the liberals want you to

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

U-DO Burger posted:

hmmm how about sending kids back to school without vaccines or masks? would that help, do you think?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Makes sense they had to amputate his balls, COVID is stored there

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Finally someone framed this mess in a way I can understand.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

U-DO Burger posted:

no, we aren't going backwards. we beat covid and that poo poo is over now.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

The Oldest Man posted:

The whiplash this time is going to be ridiculously fast because of how out of control fast Delta outbreaks blow up. We went from almost literally "covid is over" to the worst outbreak of the entire pandemic here in something like five weeks.

Yeah. I was starting to get questions from folks like two months ago about when I was gonna start doing poo poo in public again, and I told them I'd see how things went over the winter since I figured we'd have some horrific wave by then; I actually didn't expect us to have the entire country on fire so soon.

I really hoped I was being too cautious, but I didn't see any way we weren't going to eventually be crushed by the Modi variant. Vaccination rates have slowed to nearly nothing, most people had burned their masks, we were opening Biden, etc. And little of any of that has changed.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Lovelyn posted:

Dilly Dilly!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Lamebot posted:

Finally someone framed this mess in a way I can understand.

lol the Harry Potter takes are back

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
do you people have any idea how much money the lockdowns cost? or how many brunches were missed? those brunches that no one will ever get back, they're gone forever now. not to mention all the time children had to spend with their parents. it probably scarred those kids for life and will be a constant debilitating condition for their entire lives.

no no no. we're going to move forwards and do it safely

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
anyway everyone is insane and we're watching a nation commit suicide

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Kreeblah posted:

Yeah. I was starting to get questions from folks like two months ago about when I was gonna start doing poo poo in public again, and I told them I'd see how things went over the winter since I figured we'd have some horrific wave by then; I actually didn't expect us to have the entire country on fire so soon.

I really hoped I was being too cautious, but I didn't see any way we weren't going to eventually be crushed by the Modi variant. Vaccination rates have slowed to nearly nothing, most people had burned their masks, we were opening Biden, etc. And little of any of that has changed.

I thought this was going to pop off bigtime in a couple weeks when school started here but once again being the most pessimistic person I know is not nearly pessimistic enough.

Stereotype posted:

But it's like a coward suicide where we just maim the next generation while we pretend everything's fine and nothing's wrong.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol an acquaintance that lives in a red state posted on facebook the usual BACK 2 SCHOOL post with their kids
holding up chalk signs and all
they're all wearing lovely surgical masks, even though i reached out to them several times over the past months about good kf94 kids masks
in the background the teacher isn't wearing a mask and about half the kids have no masks, the other half are wearing their lovely cloth masks
lmao :rip:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stereotype posted:

it's truly amazing

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i feel like as soon as a person in power actually acknowledges the scale of the covid problem, the stock market is gonna crater. which is a fate worse than 1 million American deaths

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

so is there any recommendation on how long you should wait after your second shot before you get a booster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/OvettaWashPost/status/1427733013945888772

https://twitter.com/OvettaWashPost/status/1427746806457327621

https://twitter.com/dawn_kestrel/status/1427776282843095041