Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Schnorkles posted:

nah 8 months makes sense in the dumb sort of "well we're seeing breakthrough cases now that may be more concentrated in the first vaccinated patients who got vaxxed in end December and beginning January"

just look at the calendar and circle today's date versus the first vaccination, add a little wiggle room and SCIENCE

There's no supply constraint right now though like there was 8 months ago. If every single person that got their vaxx before April went out to schedule boosters starting September 20th they'd all be able to work through the system within a couple of weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Thoguh posted:

There's no supply constraint right now though like there was 8 months ago. If every single person that got their vaxx before April went out to schedule boosters starting September 20th they'd all be able to work through the system within a couple of weeks.

oh absolutely, i'm just saying this is exactly how this happened.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

lmao after a year and a half at home my hospital system is requiring us to start returning at least 1 day a week to the office in September. Incredible.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

mmaaayyybbee they've got data that suggests immune response to the third shot is more serious <3 months out from 2 or something, but I really doubt it.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

My son got his MMR vaccines a couple of days ago and my extremely antivaxx father in law is claiming that he's completely different and if I stop posting its because I've been arrested for attacking him

remembering back to the late 2020 days of this thread and people rushing out to get MMR vaccines

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Rubby posted:

ONLY YOUR RESPIRATOR TRUST

There are even baby and kids sizes, which, lmao

Ordering an extra small for my toddler

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

External Organs posted:

Maybe if we pumped pure oxygen into the schools??

Turn the schools into a giant ventilator. Genius idea!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Schnorkles posted:

My son got his MMR vaccines a couple of days ago and my extremely antivaxx father in law is claiming that he's completely different and if I stop posting its because I've been arrested for attacking him

Sucks rear end. And it's also like, kids change dramatically week by week when they are infants/toddlers anyway.

The right thing to do is to Photoshop a picture of your kid to where he's got like a bunch of pennies stuck to his skin and is emanating an unearthly glow.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

mod sassinator posted:

Turn the schools into a giant ventilator. Genius idea!

Proud graduate of Fio2 elementary.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

If u think he's different now, wait until he gets loving measles you goddamn psycopath

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love that vaccine efficacy drop off has perfectly coincided with schools reopening

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Thoguh posted:

This logic worked on my doctor, who caved and gave my third yesterday. It was kind of adorable watching her psych herself up to do it.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

hope they get a booster to the AZ people overseas. That thing doesn't do jack poo poo against Delta
:wrong:
https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1427764114386944000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

TBF this is AZ+mRNA, but the point here is the antibodies are originally derived from the AZ vaccine and the mRNA is mainly just boosting them. The AZ vaccine is not useless against delta.

Definitely the mRNA vaccines seem best at inducing the highest neutralizing antibody levels (Novavax might be better though?) but the actual time between doses increasingly appears important too.This is probably a factor in making the AZ+mRNA combo look so good.

Nocturtle fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 18, 2021

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

brugroffil posted:

remembering back to the late 2020 days of this thread and people rushing out to get MMR vaccines

hell yeah it owned. i got one

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Schnorkles posted:

lol

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Mr. Pizza posted:

where did the whitehouse get 8 months from?

Straight out of their rear end. It really looks more like 6 months to me is ideal, from Israeli data it's down to 42% efficacy then. But 8 months gives the whitehouse cover to build a hasty plan 2 months late and pretend everything is going perfectly to plan with people who got shots in January now getting boosters in September.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/business/status/1428017991288082432?s=20

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Schnorkles posted:

mmaaayyybbee they've got data that suggests immune response to the third shot is more serious <3 months out from 2 or something, but I really doubt it.

Well yeah, only an idiot would accept the first offer from the experts. Gotta haggle!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

brugroffil posted:

i mean i think there is pretty compelling science that MMR helps a small amount against serious illness at this point.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/WTHRcom/status/1427951660626743301?s=20

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

euphronius posted:

I love that vaccine efficacy drop off has perfectly coincided with schools reopening

wow. psycho poo poo. as for me, personally, i think it's bad

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Schnorkles posted:

There's already people trying to dig through the data and figure how much worse COVID is in certain places because we're all fat as poo poo

I have a BMI of 32 and high blood pressure that's well controlled with a daily Losartan. I'm not the healthiest person in the world or anything but I work out regularly and generally don't have any health concerns that impact my quality of life. But if I got a bad case of COVID I'd get written off as someone with pre-existing conditions by a bunch of rear end in a top hat chuds and Blue MAGA that are thinking of a 500 pound chain smoker. It's stupid as hell.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

This logic worked on my doctor, who caved and gave my third yesterday. It was kind of adorable watching her psych herself up to do it.

chad cspammer vs virgin medical professional

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Thoguh posted:

I have a BMI of 32 and high blood pressure that's well controlled with a daily Losartan. I'm not the healthiest person in the world or anything but I work out regularly and generally don't have any health concerns that impact my quality of life. But if I got a bad case of COVID I'd get written off as someone with pre-existing conditions by a bunch of rear end in a top hat chuds and Blue MAGA that are thinking of a 500 pound chain smoker. It's stupid as hell.

it turns out when most of the country has pre-existing conditions they're not really what we define them as anymore

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

there was no way we could have predicted this

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

i mean i think there is pretty compelling science that MMR helps a small amount against serious illness at this point.

yes and we were pre-any vaccines being available at all

wasn't going to hurt and I considered it myself

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

We were gonna start doing in-office stuff now and again starting end September and welp

Serf
May 5, 2011

this kid and his stepdad both died from it

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Kevinliptakcnn/status/1428019370752622599?s=20

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

:capitalism:

Serf
May 5, 2011

concern trolling bullshit. those doses are going into arms or into the trash. there was no universe where we help other people even if it would benefit us

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Rubby posted:

ONLY YOUR RESPIRATOR TRUST

I guess I should repost this for the new thread since I am a SHAMELESS CLOUT PARASITE. If anybody wants these in no way Limited Edition shirts...

:w00t: Get yer piping hot t-shirts (or mugs or face diapers) here :w00t:

https://rubby.threadless.com/designs/no-one/mens/t-shirt/regular?variation=front&color=black

They even threw a free shipping code for anything over $45: FREESHIP821 until 8/22

There are even baby and kids sizes, which, lmao

I'm the "only trust your respirator" cloth mask.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Nocturtle posted:

Oooph another consequence of gerontocracy. Guess it's too much for them to care about their grand kids though.

They also have access to the real cures that they don't let the public have (assuming the gerentocrats didn't drink it all).

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

strongly coming around to the euphronius worldview that covid policy is mostly genocide

Morbus
May 18, 2004

hold up are you telling me people on wall street blew a forecast???????

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Kreeblah posted:

I'm the "only trust your respirator" cloth mask.

Clearly to be worn over your exhaust valve, in polite company!

Lol, that would be great.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Schnorkles posted:

strongly coming around to the euphronius worldview that covid policy is mostly genocide

hey dumb rear end we've been saying that itt since april 2020 while you been buh buh buhing thru a mouthfull of rotweiler logs

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Rubby posted:

*Kramers into the room* oh hell.. did i miss it?

https://i.imgur.com/zuOUwnQ.mp4

:laffo: an underappreciated post

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/1427739399182110722

quote:

Per the DOJ’s announcement, the pharmacist in question —34-year-old Tangtang Zhao, of Chicago—was caught after he had sold 125 authentic CDC vaccination cards at roughly $10 a pop using his eBay account. Details in Zhao’s indictment show that those cards were doled out between 11 different buyers, with one spending more than $175 in a single purchase. The bulk of these buys happened between March and April of this year, around the same time that the FBI put out a public memo letting people know that producing these cards was a crime.

The indictment charges Zhao with 12 counts of theft of government property from the pharmacy where he was working, which isn’t directly named in the documents but seems to be Walgreens, according to public records. Per the announcement, he faces a sentence of 10 years in prison for each of those counts if convicted, meaning that he could wind up serving a whopping 120-year prison sentence as a result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Schnorkles posted:

always was