Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Hello my name is RICHARD L. JOHNSON and I would like MY FIRST VACCINE FOR THE COVID-19

e: submitted a written comment to the next school board meeting why they are opening schools fully instead of virtual even though numbers are higher than last year. Looking forward to them ignoring it despite all these other counties shutting down already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

crepeface posted:

"oh, how strange. the last guy was named max titers too"

Yes hello my name is Shirley Ineedabooster

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

euphronius posted:

that was only 3 months ago lmao

It was also the last time I went to a strip club

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

I could use more female names guys, help

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Asproigerosis posted:

Oh well well well the coworker blasting me for wearing double mask because I had vax and went to Vegas last week is posi for covid.

Guess I get to find out how well masking and vaxxing works against covid this week to see if I come down with it.

If I die, tell Joe Biden to suck my rear end.

lol gently caress. at least you did everything you could to protect yourself.

HORSE OF THE YEAR
Jun 7, 2012

I got J&J because it was the only option available to me at the time. I wanted Pfizer, but the way vaccines were rolled out in Arizona gave me no choice. I work in a grocery store so I did not want to put off getting vaccinated any longer than I had to. I feel uneasy about the protection offered by J&J, and am thankful that most of my family received mRNA vaccines, but I swear to gently caress if there's no data regarding boosters for J&J recipients in the next month, then Max T. Iters is coming down to his local CVS to get his sweet mRNA juice.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Lacrosse posted:

Yeah no guilt here, I just hate lying. Washington State does track vaccine status so I'm trying to come up with a fake name to give them when I walk in.

Same, absolutely choke when lying, which is why I've been holding off on a booster and still relying on my original Moderna doses and the glorious golden power of BCG coursing through my veins. If boosters weren't coming "soon" I'd probably go for it.

Someone who went the fake name route to get a booster told me they had to confirm all their fake info at the CVS, including phone # + address, so maybe prepare for that. OTOH hard to imagine grocery store workers would care that much.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

*african accent*

hello, my name is sugondese titers

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Lacrosse posted:

Similar to your previous

Anita Brewster

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lacrosse posted:

Aurelia Preciate Ajab

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Nocturtle posted:

Same, absolutely choke when lying, which is why I've been holding off on a booster and still relying on my original Moderna doses and the glorious golden power of BCG coursing through my veins. If boosters weren't coming "soon" I'd probably go for it.

Someone who went the fake name route to get a booster told me they had to confirm all their fake info at the CVS, including phone # + address, so maybe prepare for that. OTOH hard to imagine grocery store workers would care that much.

I already have a fake name I use on the internet I'm going to use. I have a Google number ill give them and I plan to just reverse the month-date of my actual birthday. Currently rehearsing it in my head so I don't blow it.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

sister-in-law popped positive for Delta, two weeks after Moderna #2 and she's feeling the breakthrough symptoms.

hold onto yr butts

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Mrs. Dr. Fauci

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Nocturtle posted:

i also choke when lying. i went in with real info and then marked “no” to immune compromised. they didnt give a gently caress.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Dr. Jill Biden

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Lacrosse posted:

Ivana Dee Titers

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Maximilianus Titros

My name is Maximus Decimus Titerius, and I will have my vaccine, in this life or the next.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Yeeeeeehawwwwwww :clint:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

bunch of people in this thread going to take ED jobs, it will be like that third rock from the sun where they all pretend to be doctors

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Happened to a guy I know, he started feeling off one night and then collapsed and had to be rushed to hospital, turns out he'd come down with a sudden case of Fournier's gangrene (do NOT do a google image search on that, it's necrosis of the groin/genitals) and he actually died on the operating table several times while the doc was slicing chunks of his dick off like a Christmas ham. He lost a fair percentage of his dick and his entire scrotum but they managed to save his testicles and 'bank' them in his thighs until the plastic surgeons could reconstruct a scrote for him months later. His reconstructed dick was a fair bit shorter than his original dick.

Moral of the story: appreciate your genitals while you can, you never know when they might suddenly try to kill you

jesus, what the gently caress causes this so I can stay as far away from it as possible

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Gio posted:

i also choke when lying. i went in with real info and then marked “no” to immune compromised. they didnt give a gently caress.

probably just happy to see demand go up

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

mdemone posted:

sister-in-law popped positive for Delta, two weeks after Moderna #2 and she's feeling the breakthrough symptoms.

hold onto yr butts

Good luck to her and your family. That sucks

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Lacrosse posted:

I already have a fake name I use on the internet I'm going to use. I have a Google number ill give them and I plan to just reverse the month-date of my actual birthday. Currently rehearsing it in my head so I don't blow it.
just use your real birthday imo
that's what i did with the fake anime name and it made everything all the more easier when they asked to confirm my bday

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Feel like a boomer when I can walk into any place and work for as long as I like then gently caress off whenever

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lacrosse posted:

Cassandra Eitouldjuso

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

jesus, what the gently caress causes this so I can stay as far away from it as possible
It often starts via bacterial infections in that general area (such as UTIs or piercings but also insect bites) and the odds seem to be increased if the patient is alcoholic or diabetic or immunosuppressed

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 18, 2021

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lacrosse posted:

Maxine Titers?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

a helpful bear posted:

e: submitted a written comment to the next school board meeting why they are opening schools fully instead of virtual even though numbers are higher than last year. Looking forward to them ignoring it despite all these other counties shutting down already

because kids don’t get covid and the vaccine works, look how high the cases are and deaths are still low, and the cure cannot be worse than the solution

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26 (apparently one or two are out of order. If someone can tell me which or I can upload them all somewhere, file names are the dates)
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Lacrosse posted:

Oneda Nuthers

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26 (apparently one or two are out of order. If someone can tell me which or I can upload them all somewhere, file names are the dates)
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG
lmao the west coast is going to be all dark red in the next few weeks

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Arkansas reports 1,300+ active cases of COVID-19 in public schools

https://www.4029tv.com/article/arkansas-public-schools-coronavirus-aug-16/37331518

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Joementum posted:

it's pretty clear there's no medical evidence for that eight month delay, they just put that in there for distributional or political reasons

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/28/health/pfizer-booster-shots.html?smid=tw-share

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Blitter posted:

Clearly to be worn over your exhaust valve, in polite company!

Lol, that would be great.

This guy gets it.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

inferis posted:

because kids don’t get covid and the vaccine works, look how high the cases are and deaths are still low, and the cure cannot be worse than the solution

:hmmyes:

I'm sure this also has nothing to do with keeping the non-rich under heel by loving up their kids' health and education

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

HORSE OF THE YEAR posted:

I got J&J because it was the only option available to me at the time. I wanted Pfizer, but the way vaccines were rolled out in Arizona gave me no choice. I work in a grocery store so I did not want to put off getting vaccinated any longer than I had to. I feel uneasy about the protection offered by J&J, and am thankful that most of my family received mRNA vaccines, but I swear to gently caress if there's no data regarding boosters for J&J recipients in the next month, then Max T. Iters is coming down to his local CVS to get his sweet mRNA juice.

Posted this already but you might want to look at this lancet article:
https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1427764114386944000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Graph A is neutralization from "homologous" plasma ie original AZ + AZ booster and B is from "heterologous" plasma ie AZ + Pfizer booster. AZ is an adenovirus vaccine just like JJ, though IIRC JJ did report better clinical trial efficacy. This is a very small study but you don't want to have antibodies like those in graph A.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

euphronius posted:

I love that the vaccines last like 6 months

jfc

twice a loving year we're going to go through this exact same hype cycle of "yahhhhhh!!! everyone got boosters!! open biden!!! it's over!!! back to school!!!" followed shortly by the hospitals being completely full and piles of dead people. rinse and repeat twice a year like clockwork

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Lacrosse posted:

Maynice Ujkycez

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lacrosse posted:

Seace Pam

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

$300k in student loan debt is a lot less of a big deal when the average salary for a doctor in the U.S. is 232k to 511k depending on specialty.

You don't have to cry for doctors in the U.S. too much.

Now do lawyers' average salary and talk about how public defenders make too much money.

I'm not arguing that they have it worse than anybody else, but I don't think it's as cut and dry as you think it is. Our system fucks over pretty much everyone who doesn't prioritize profit over literally everything else in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

why of course d&d is santimonius about ppl lying to get a booster, i should have known