Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Laserface posted:

the fines for breaching any of the restrictions aren't harsh enough imo, even the ones that are 5k.

make it 5k per confirmed infection that results from the breach on top of the 5k for breaching.

I would say we should just give them the ultimate punishment for an Aussie, deportation to Sydney... but well.

(honestly thought, I'm a bit scared if the numbers get much higher in NSW glads will just completely give up and scotty will shortly follow. At least all the other premiers still seem very keen on fighting the good fight.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

lol :smith:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

kirbysuperstar posted:

There was a group playing loving golf in Glenmore Park this morning

a golf course is not a loving essential service go to hell you shithead boomers

Isn't this fine if you've got a covid safe plan at the venue and it's within 5kms of home?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
as if any of the workers at the golf course can afford to live within 5kms of the golf course

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Amazing. Thank you.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Animal Friend posted:

NSW press conferences have been getting stupider by the day to the point where they're now just doing a Clarke and Dawe knockoff.

If people compiled with the restrictions and removed themselves from the environment there would be no need for a lockdown

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

SuddenCactus posted:

If people compiled with the restrictions and removed themselves from the environment there would be no need for a lockdown

The fabled "Stage 6 - Corpses can't catch covid" part of the lockdown pyramid.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Zetsubou-san posted:

as if any of the workers at the golf course can afford to live within 5kms of the golf course

You mean in the salubrious nearby burbs like Penrith and Mt Druitt lmao

Also I hear Kingswood is rather lovely

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand
don't you talk poo poo about the rith

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

the riff is OK. Kingswood is pretty bad though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Laserface posted:

the riff is OK. Kingswood is pretty bad though.

I used to walk to the Kingswood TAFE and it was funny to see the garden hoses get shorter every week and also take note of suddenly missing copper mains taps (this was 2007/8)

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

I used to walk to the Kingswood TAFE and it was funny to see the garden hoses get shorter every week and also take note of suddenly missing copper mains taps (this was 2007/8)

as a grown man, Kingswood and Canleyvale are the only two suburbs I have felt genuinely unsafe to be walking around in at night time. all the other 'bad' burbs of Sydney arent actually that bad and are in fact gentrifying or already gentrified (blacktown, marrickville, canterbury etc)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Kingswood is badly thought out public housing that was just stuck out there at random/to hide the poor people right?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

JBP posted:

Kingswood is badly thought out public housing that was just stuck out there at random/to hide the poor people right?

an ex of mine lived in penrith and went to kingswood high, some of her friends that I met were from kingswood proper and while im not saying the whole area is housos and bogans, they absolutely were.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I love thumbnail headline mashups.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

quote:

The Coalition has faced growing calls to offer a special humanitarian intake for Afghan refugees, similar to what the Abbott government set up in 2015 for 12,000 Syrian and Iraqi refugees. Such a move would be in addition to Australia’s existing annual humanitarian intake.

Morrison indicated the Australian government would provide about 3,000 humanitarian visas to Afghan nationals this year under its existing humanitarian program, not in addition.

you know things are dire when you're hoping that Morrison changes his mind and does something that Abbott did

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Coalition PMs: There's always more, and they're always worse.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Animal Friend posted:

633 in NSW. loving hell you guys.

"gently caress 500 cases, lets go all in for 600+. Lock that poo poo in Eddy."

- NSW Government

Animal Friend posted:

NSW press conferences have been getting stupider by the day to the point where they're now just doing a Clarke and Dawe knockoff.

At some point they'll wheel out the old TV cabinet you had in Primary school- The one with all the metallic texter scribbles around the metal frame. Plug in a laptop via AV inputs into the CRT and slide a DVD into the Dell laptop. Gladys's face will appear and state a carefully crafted speech including: "Let me please ask" and this cracka "I remind all of you" and "next question" before it turns off and the lowly Young Liberal electorate staffer slowly pushes it back stage.

Cpt Soban fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Aug 18, 2021

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Cpt Soban posted:

"gently caress 500 cases, lets go all in for 600+. Lock that poo poo in Eddy."

- NSW Government

At some point they'll wheel out the old TV cabinet you had in Primary school- The one with all the metallic texter scribbles around the metal frame. Plug in a laptop via AV inputs into the CRT and slide a DVD into the Dell laptop. Gladys's face will appear and state a carefully crafted speech including: "Let me please ask" and this cracka "I remind all of you" and "next question" before it turns off and the lowly Young Liberal electorate staffer slowly pushes it back stage.

NSW Libs already have the latest technology for just this thing:
https://youtu.be/ShiShrR_nh8

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Capt.Whorebags posted:

NSW Libs already have the latest technology for just this thing:
https://youtu.be/ShiShrR_nh8

Almost looks like Gladys too

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
So the Federal government wakes up a bunch of detainees at Villawood detention centre, in one of the most COVID saturated spots in NSW, puts them and a bunch of guards on a plane and flies them in the middle of the morning to WA, then takes them to Northam, a regional town an hour or so north of Perth.

What the absolute gently caress? They best not have brought their NSW cooties with them or there will be hell to pay for the Feds.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Konomex posted:

So the Federal government wakes up a bunch of detainees at Villawood detention centre, in one of the most COVID saturated spots in NSW, puts them and a bunch of guards on a plane and flies them in the middle of the morning to WA, then takes them to Northam, a regional town an hour or so north of Perth.

What the absolute gently caress? They best not have brought their NSW cooties with them or there will be hell to pay for the Feds.
probably to protect them

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
NSW is going to be over 1000 a day by Monday. Contact tracing is 2 weeks behind and will collapse completely by the end of next week.

Victoria will add more measures, NSW won't. I dread hearing the news that it hits my son's child care centre, and my relatives and friends kids too.

gently caress the LNP, and gently caress the 49% of Australia who will still vote for them.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
If we let NZ have the Opera House and the Bridge do you think they'd join the rest of the country in invading NSW to stop Gladys reign of terror?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...sk-to-australia

quote:

Peter Dutton suggests some former Afghan guards and interpreters could pose security risk to Australia
gently caress off dutton

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cpt Soban posted:

Almost looks like Gladys too

If The Freak was in charge, this pandemic would be over.

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies

"He's no monster" etc etc etc

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

I mean they aided and abetted war criminals, so he has a point

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Can nsw labor do anything at all to kick this mob out or what

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Periphery posted:

If we let NZ have the Opera House and the Bridge do you think they'd join the rest of the country in invading NSW to stop Gladys reign of terror?

Hmm, looks nice:

I think they'd go for it.

Edit:

Laserface posted:

Can nsw labor do anything at allto kick this mob out or what

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Aug 18, 2021

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
https://thewest.com.au/news/crime/h...d=1629149051449

This is just a weird little story and I can't find any information about what the drug in question was, I also don't have access to paywalled AU sources, they are smart enough to not google cache which beats 12ft.io

Fauxbot
Jan 20, 2009

I need more wine.

i'm genuinely quite desensitised to this poo poo these days but this is just so revolting lol

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

noice

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
ATAGI is saying it will take months before they say that 12-15 year olds can get a vaccine. Thanks to the LNP, we don't have months.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Solemn Sloth posted:

I mean they aided and abetted war criminals, so he has a point

yeah clearly they should be given lnp positions instead

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Comstar posted:

ATAGI is saying it will take months before they say that 12-15 year olds can get a vaccine. Thanks to the LNP, we don't have months.
It's not like the LNP's malicious stupidity to date means that vaccination is the only way to bring the outbreak under control. Victoria came back from slightly higher case numbers last year. Our government still needs to be held to account for their ongoing refusal to prioritise public health over economic liberty. We should be under shelter in place conditions for everyone not employed in a government-defined essential job. That would save far more infections and lives than trying to roll out vaccines quickly. The vaccination levels they're targeting have already been field proven overseas to not prevent ongoing outbreaks, and ongoing outbreaks mean ongoing deaths among the unvaccinated/unvaccinatable segment of the population.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
57 in vic, thanks Gladys

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

gay picnic defence posted:

57 in vic, thanks Gladys

The ABC article seems to be saying this was expected as a result of 13 day tests coming back or something, I dunno, scary number though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

All of NZ in quarantine effectively thanks to Gladys and Morrison.