Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Thronde posted:

So glad I quit this shitshow way back.

:same:

Kinda wish the game wasn't in the state that it's in, cause I had a lot of fun with it over the years, but I gave up on it early last year. I checked in on it a few days ago before all of the CC stuff started happening and yeah, uninstalled right after. RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Kinda wish the game wasn't in the state that it's in, cause I had a lot of fun with it over the years, but I gave up on it early last year. I checked in on it a few days ago before all of the CC stuff started happening and yeah, uninstalled right after. RIP.

I stopped playing with the commander rework and I havent come back since tbf. I was tempted by the GK being a secondary beast again but I cant support this game anymore.

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can

Handsome Ralph posted:

Totally agree, my group started playing during CBT and we still comment that there is not another experience like WoWs out there. It's a shame that it has come to this.

I hope that another, more competent developer will end up making a spiritual successor.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Just FYI if you type little white mouse in chat you get a chatban.

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can

serious gaylord posted:

As the Yuro situation has rightly taught us, it is unreasonable for us for project our cultural values on to another person or another organization.

Silencing dissent is practically a natural reflex where Wargaming comes from. Would you tell a bear not to poo poo in the woods or the pope to stopping touching kids?

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Oh, I am going to keep playing the game. I will be giving wargaming a lot less money though.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

ZombieLenin posted:

Oh, I am going to keep playing the game. I will be giving wargaming a lot less money though.

Same.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

serious gaylord posted:

Can we still say the N-word though?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

SpartanIvy posted:

Can we still say the N-word though?

If you're the CC with the biggest youtube following left then sure, go hog wild.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Penitent posted:

Totally agree, my group started playing during CBT and we still comment that there is not another experience like WoWs out there. It's a shame that it has come to this.

I hope that another, more competent developer will end up making a spiritual successor.

Yeah, I got in right at the end of the CBT and snagged the Arkansas by just marathoning for like 12 hours. Then I remember getting the Murmansk in the Humble Bundle Deal right after the game launched (which Wargaming also somehow managed to gently caress up before they eventually backed down) and just playing the game daily for like ~2 years or so.

So really they've been nothing but consistent over the years with constantly mismanaging the game and treating the fanbase like poo poo. Oh well, here's to hoping someone else makes a spiritual successor.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Can't believe this has overshadowed the sub launch.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

serious gaylord posted:

Can't believe this has overshadowed the sub launch.

yeah I'm sure WG is super excited that the sub launch they were hoping was going to draw people back in has now been absolutely drowned out by this

which is great because gently caress WG they need this coming

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Hazdoc posted:

yeah I'm sure WG is super excited that the sub launch they were hoping was going to draw people back in has now been absolutely drowned out by this

which is great because gently caress WG they need this coming

Yeah, but maybe we this is good for wargaming because the weather overwhelming feeling about the sub launch is a rounding… “meh, fun for the sub player, not fun for anyone else, and subs are mostly useless.”

Burns
May 10, 2008

WG really went all in on loot box gambling mechanics. I take it attempts to legislate them as gambling being sold to children has fallen on its face. Unfortunate.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I just found this game through a Jingles stream about two months ago and love it... but man its so sad to see the community falling apart.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh hey the bullshit generator has finished.

Wargaming posted:

"Hello everyone,

We are awfully sorry that AprilWhiteMouse and other CCs are no longer a part of our Community Contributors Program, and we’d like them to know they will be missed. We respect their decision and want to thank them for their contributions, devotion, and passion for the game and program over several years. We wish all of them best of luck and hope that they will stay in touch with us nevertheless, we will always be here to talk.

We understand that there are several causes that have led us to this situation and that we have upset and disappointed many of our CCs and players. While some of these causes are self-explanatory, and our commitment to fix them remains, there are a few specific points we’d like to comment on:

We appreciate the community feedback about Missouri being obtainable via Random Bundles exclusively in 0.10.7. We've been discussing this since last week and decided to add an alternative way to purchase the ship. We will provide details on our Devblog soon.

On the topic of Missouri, we know that there is an open question whether her earnings are on par with the pre-update version, especially considering signal flags and camouflage bonuses. We're carefully analyzing her adjusted earnings following the update, and will share our decision whether any adjustments to the mission are to be made.

Regardless of AprilWhiteMouse's CC membership status, we will stay true to our commitment to release HMCS Huron in 2022. She’s been added to our production plans and is scheduled to arrive around late Summer 2022.

Best regards,

WoWS Team"

The loving nerve of going "we will always be here to talk" considering what went down.

E: Flambass isn't having it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/p62tz8/lack_of_morals_dignity_and_integrity_wg/

Flambass posted:

Pathetic.
We were all expecting something seriously lame and in fashion of WG but they outdone themselves yet again.

"We are awfully sorry that AprilWhiteMouse and other CCs are no longer a part of our Community Contributors Program and we’d like them to know they will be missed."

Yeah somehow I don't believe you do. Why? You made 0 effort to keep us in the 1st place. You didn't give a rats rear end on how we feel or what we have to say and you made drat sure we understand that.

"We respect their decision and want to thank them for their contributions, devotion, and passion for the game and program over several years. We wish all of them best of luck and hope that they will stay in touch with us nevertheless, we will always be here to talk."

Imagine not only trying to take moral high ground here to look better than those who you mistreated but also telling them they can always talk to you. Why do you think we left?
Because we wanted to continue talking? Talking to a wall would have had better results...any results, unlike with you. Talking to you is impossible. You hear but you don't listen, you see but you're blind, (now I should say you have feelings but you're numb, but we all know you are stone cold).
I guess by your brilliant logic people who part ways because mistreatment, stay in touch, remain each others crying shoulders and drinks coffee few times a week together.
What loving world do YOU live in???

"We understand that there are several causes that have led us to this situation and that we have upset and disappointed many of our CCs and players"
I seriously don't think you "understand" a thing...you upset and disappointed your CCs and community plenty of times before and it never made you change. Something you prove once again today.

"While some of these causes are self-explanatory"
Please WG tell us which of these causes are self-explanatory? Please for the love of everything that's dear let us hear you say it. Let us hear you say you made a mistake and please, by all means, don't go short on words now, tell us exactly what was the mistake you did.
Why? Because I seriously, at this point, believe you have no idea and it's just empty words. Even if you did know, you wouldn't know how to fix it, because you're so disconnected from your community it's disgusting.

"and our commitment to fix them remains"
Oh that will go well...if you were "fixing" things till now I can only imagine how you will continue to do so.....aka you won't

"We appreciate the community feedback about Missouri being obtainable via Random Bundles exclusively in 0.10.7. We've been discussing this since last week and decided to add an alternative way to purchase the ship"
You don't appreciate the community feedback about anything. That is the straight up lie. The same one you've been selling us for years and one of the reasons we left. Stop lying, we don't believe you anymore. Your words are empty and hollow and have no weight.
You won't even say you'll remove and adjust random bundles, gambling or any of the problems, you'll just add another super overpriced option...rejoice our WG overlords have decided to give us yet another way to spend money...this one time....and they'll go back to random bundles next time...

"We're carefully analyzing her adjusted earnings following the update, and will share our decision whether any adjustments to the mission are to be made."
THIS is so typical WG. What is there to monitor exactly? You need to play exactly 1 game to see that she isn't what she used to be, despite your promise, that will come to nobodies surprise you broke AGAIN.
You will make a decision if your word needs to be held or not? At this point I would ask you if you're serious or is this out April fools joke but we both know the answer to that.

"Regardless of AprilWhiteMouse's CC membership status, we will stay true to our commitment to release HMCS Huron in 2022."
Stay true to your commitment????
Do you even hear yourselves?
Did anyone even read anything over the past few days?
Do you even understand he problems you're dealing with?
YOU BROKE YOUR COMMITMENT ON MORE OCCASIONS THAN THERE ARE BUNDLES IN YOUR PREMIUM SHOP
What bloody commitment are you talking about???
Are we supposed to believe, that you will hold your word a year from now about something you already broke your word on, something that you hope will get forgotten by then, something you can dismiss as a minor difficulty, something you will easily find a way to "forget" about again?

I'm truly disgusted by your lack of morals, dignity and integrity WG
I can't wait to "stay in touch" with you.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 17, 2021

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
"We want all CCs to know that we are always here to talk gaslight, insult, abuse, or just flat out ignore you."

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I see they hosed up her name: AprilWhiteMouse. Her forum nick is LittleWhiteMouse, her name is April.

VVV ah, fair enough.

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 17, 2021

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Darkrenown posted:

I see they hosed up her name: AprilWhiteMouse. Her forum nick is LittleWhiteMouse, her Name is April.

Her discord name, which Shonai primarily communicated with her via, is AprilWhiteMouse, as is her Reddit name. Honestly him calling her by her Discord name is about 1000 times less alarming than the fact that they apparently just let the community engagement guy write this instead of an actual PR/Communications team.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

dang they just fired them rather than address anything lmao

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Redeye Flight posted:

We have absolutely no idea. Warships' PR specifically has completely fallen off of a cliff in the last six months, it's unbelievable. The entire CC program is falling apart in front of them and they haven't done a single substantive thing to fix it.

[...]

World of Tanks does not appear to be doing this kind of absurd nonsense, either, which is kind of a baffling contrast.

Suggests that WG HQ has no clue what its teams/product specific divisions are actually doing, and the bote guys hired some extremely entitled idiot to run PR/community relations who hates the customer even more than the rest of the team.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
This whole thing is loving gross.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Katamari Democracy posted:

This whole thing is loving gross.

Burns
May 10, 2008

I think it was Jingles who mentioned how WG basically wants to kill off the CC program because it served its purpose in the game's early days and now its become redundant.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
Here is what I don’t get—the complaints about the pseudo gambling loot boxes.

Actually that is not fair, I do get the complaints. What I don’t get is the attitude like this is super unique to Wargamming; and it’s often tied to complaints (on Reddit at least) about how Wargamming’s ‘free-to-play’ model can make it painful if you do not actually pay.

As someone who used to be an MMO developer, my thoughts are, “of-loving-course!” From the time of UO MMOs were specifically designed to hit reward centers in people’s brains, initially to get them to keep playing and paying that $15 subscription fee.

Then the ‘free-to-play’ model was developed and companies literally realized they could use those same psychological cues to get people to open their wallets multiple times a month. In fact, from a statistical standpoint it turns out that people will spend significantly more than $15 a month on things that make a ‘free-to-play’ game feel less grindy and difficult. Game publishers can turn almost everyone into a ‘whale’ just by going ‘free-to-play.’

This has been going on for a decade now, and there isn’t a single company whose monitzation model is ‘free-to-play’ that doesn’t do this. In fact, ‘free-to-play’ models (and game design) has been so successful the vast, vast majority of MMOs that are old enough to have initially used the old sub model have moved to a hybrid model, or totally converted to ‘free-to-play.’

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
The current loot box issue is for a ship that used to be straight up grindable, then they took it away.

They decided to bring it back as a paid loot box only thing.

Oh wait, people are mad, so they're making a long-rear end poopsock grind mission that will give you the opportunity to *purchase* the ship with real money once you complete it.

They've previously earned a bunch of hatred for making long-rear end poopsock grind missions that were only theoretically doable without paying money. People would put in like 60 hours and realize they needed to cough up before the window closed.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

MrKatharsis posted:

The current loot box issue is for a ship that used to be straight up grindable, then they took it away.

They decided to bring it back as a paid loot box only thing.

Oh wait, people are mad, so they're making a long-rear end poopsock grind mission that will give you the opportunity to *purchase* the ship with real money once you complete it.

They've previously earned a bunch of hatred for making long-rear end poopsock grind missions that were only theoretically doable without paying money. People would put in like 60 hours and realize they needed to cough up before the window closed.

They haven't given the specifics but they said in one of their communications recently that the campaign was "about 60 games" worth of grind. I mean, I played 50 games in the past 7 days, 2 of them I didn't play at all because it was the weekend, and 3 of those others I didn't play any tracked games because I was playing scrimmages for the upcoming Mini-KotS tournament. If you know of someone who is inclined to spend $80 on a nerfed Missouri, but is not inclined to play 60 games of World of Warships, I would love to see them.

NOT that this isn't a stupid as gently caress situation that a stupid as gently caress company with absolutely tone deaf public relations got themselves into, but I feel like there's a lot of just blind dogpiling going on after the fact. To me, as long as the price of something is readily apparent, I don't care what they want to try to charge for it. Make a year long campaign and $400. If people can just read upfront that that is what is involved, go for it. The issue is when things are deliberately confusing (Puerto Rico missions), or behind chance mechanics, in WG's case often without any drop rates or guarantee drop after amounts. THAT is scummy and I think should be called out as such.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

ZombieLenin posted:

Here is what I don’t get—the complaints about the pseudo gambling loot boxes.

Actually that is not fair, I do get the complaints. What I don’t get is the attitude like this is super unique to Wargamming; and it’s often tied to complaints (on Reddit at least) about how Wargamming’s ‘free-to-play’ model can make it painful if you do not actually pay.

As someone who used to be an MMO developer, my thoughts are, “of-loving-course!” From the time of UO MMOs were specifically designed to hit reward centers in people’s brains, initially to get them to keep playing and paying that $15 subscription fee.

Then the ‘free-to-play’ model was developed and companies literally realized they could use those same psychological cues to get people to open their wallets multiple times a month. In fact, from a statistical standpoint it turns out that people will spend significantly more than $15 a month on things that make a ‘free-to-play’ game feel less grindy and difficult. Game publishers can turn almost everyone into a ‘whale’ just by going ‘free-to-play.’

This has been going on for a decade now, and there isn’t a single company whose monitzation model is ‘free-to-play’ that doesn’t do this. In fact, ‘free-to-play’ models (and game design) has been so successful the vast, vast majority of MMOs that are old enough to have initially used the old sub model have moved to a hybrid model, or totally converted to ‘free-to-play.’

Just because a lot of companies do it doesn't mean it's less awful, and because these types of games tend to suck up all your time (and possibly money) people tend to only play one of them at a time. I feel like WG have gotten steadily worse about it over time as well, which hits different from a game which has had the same model since launch.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

MrKatharsis posted:

No, I get the issue with the Missouri—agreed.

Re: loot boxes
It just seems to be confused with this broader making GBS threads on wargaming for loot boxes (like the summer token loot boxes).

When people start to complain about that, it just makes me think: no poo poo loot boxes are like gambling, and no poo poo loot boxes hit the same reward centers of people’s brains that gambling does—BY DESIGN. Many, many, many game publishes and many, many, many MMO publishers use them on purpose. It makes them a lot of money and it’s gross, but Wargamming is actually late to the adoption of them.

Some people, including WoWs youtubers, seem to be acting like Wargaming invented the whole concept of loot boxes, and are therefore assholes of the highest order.

Wargaming are assholes of the highest order, but loot boxes in general is not why. You can hardly blame them—a capitalist entity—for adopting a revenue stream that probably hundreds of other game companies use.

And yes, just like gambling, the house always wins and loot boxes are a terrible, terrible “value” no matter what the game.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 18, 2021

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Yuro gone :byewhore:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZombieLenin posted:

Some people, including WoWs youtubers, seem to be acting like Wargaming invented the whole concept of loot boxes, and are therefore assholes of the highest order.

Nah not really.

The thing is that WG rapidly slid from "no lootboxes" to "lootboxes all the time eveywhere", and it's permeating every aspect of the game from top to bottom.

New ship line launches? Buy some loving lootboxes for a chance to get one of the new ships ahead of time? Summer sale? loving lootboxes! Winter sale? Lootboxes! Anniversary? L O O T B O X ! Special fun event? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTBOX!

And they're the worst kind of lootboxes too. It feels like as the rest of the western game dev scene is starting to move away from lootboxes or at least trying to make them more palatable to customer in an effort to not get sued to pieces by the EU, Wargaming (or more accurately Lesta) are instead moving in the opposite direction as fast as they can.

And this is a PEGI 7 game, so it might literally be illegal at least in the EU.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

toadee posted:

Yuro gone :byewhore:

well at least they got one thing right, the easiest one

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

and predictably on reddit

You're right, it ISN'T a problem to "portray black people as savages" and if anyone says it is, they're shoving their opinion down your throat.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Buddy, nobody gives a poo poo about you being a "better creator". Try being a halfway decent human being.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

and predictably on reddit

lmao @ the take of "Because it's such a small minorty we dont learn about them and racism js okay"

Ah yes. It's not a minorty because...there are so few of them.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Nah not really.

The thing is that WG rapidly slid from "no lootboxes" to "lootboxes all the time eveywhere", and it's permeating every aspect of the game from top to bottom.

New ship line launches? Buy some loving lootboxes for a chance to get one of the new ships ahead of time? Summer sale? loving lootboxes! Winter sale? Lootboxes! Anniversary? L O O T B O X ! Special fun event? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTBOX!

And they're the worst kind of lootboxes too. It feels like as the rest of the western game dev scene is starting to move away from lootboxes or at least trying to make them more palatable to customer in an effort to not get sued to pieces by the EU, Wargaming (or more accurately Lesta) are instead moving in the opposite direction as fast as they can.

And this is a PEGI 7 game, so it might literally be illegal at least in the EU.

Yeah, you are right.

Maybe I’m just old because what I think I am really doing is, in essence, complaining about the entire ‘online’ video game industry, and not so much defending Wargamming.

When I started working on MMOs it was 2003 and they had a completely different character and business model; although MMOs were already designed around hitting all the right psychological cues to get people to keep playing.

I guess, in retrospect, it is easy to see how the business models played out as they did. :eng99:

It’s just the whole ‘free-to-play’ model seems exploitative in the worst sort of way, while giving game publishers the ability to absolve themselves of the ethical implications by being able to claim, “hey, if people really do want to pay us anything, they do not have to! It’s ‘free-to-play’ after all.”

Edit

It is also easy to see how this happened, as a company Wargaming may have actually believed themselves when they said, “no more loot boxes,” but it’s hard to live up to that for any company when they look around and see what other companies do, and look at those earning “spreadsheets” for loot boxes when they’ve dabbled in them.

At the risk of being a cynic of the highest order…

:capitalism:

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Aug 19, 2021

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

ZombieLenin posted:

Yeah, you are right.

Maybe I’m just old because what I think I am really doing is, in essence, complaining about the entire ‘online’ video game industry, and not so much defending Wargamming.

When I started working on MMOs it was 2003 and they had a completely different character and business model; although MMOs were already designed around hitting all the right psychological cues to get people to keep playing.

I guess, in retrospect, it is easy to see how the business models played out as they did. :eng99:

It’s just the whole ‘free-to-play’ model seems exploitative in the worst sort of way, while giving game publishers the ability to absolve themselves of the ethical implications by being able to claim, “hey, if people really do want to pay us anything, they do not have to! It’s ‘free-to-play’ after all.”

Edit

It is also easy to see how this happened, as a company Wargaming may have actually believed themselves when they said, “no more loot boxes,” but it’s hard to live up to that for any company when they look around and see what other companies do, and look at those earning “spreadsheets” for loot boxes when they’ve dabbled in them.

At the risk of being a cynic of the highest order…

:capitalism:

I definitely get what you're saying and agree with it. In fact, while I still don't like the loot mechanics and wish there were another way the industry could do them, I actually think Wargaming and WoWS have done a... somewhat decent job of mitigating it. Like, I think that the original Missouri idea was really really bad mostly because it was also really really unprecedented. While yes, recently there have been early access events (that stretch on forever, yes), that use lootboxes to give early access, they are still only giving you early access to a ship that in a month you will be able to get 100% for free. If you're into competitive play, none of the competitive viable ships and no competitive necessities are only earned via loot mechanics. If you just want to play ranked and randoms, everything you need to be super unicum is entirely free. You do not have to spend a dime on the game to be super successful at it. And yes, the things they DO sell, and sell in loot boxes, are designed to attract people and make them want to spend money on things they don't necessarily need or want. In general I think that when it's done in a way that is deliberately confusing, that's very, very bad and needs to be punished and corrected. Otherwise though, I mean you really are like yelling that this capitalist enterprise in a capitalist society should be less capitalist because its the right thing to do. And hey, maybe I also agree with you there, but it's not like a point I'd be outraged over. It's just the way like EVERYTHING works.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Counterpoint:

this is WoWS' summer sale for 2021. You can buy real money bundles for tokens*, which you then exchange for a billion different loot boxes, trying to fish for random premium ships and other poo poo like that.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-events/summer-sale-0106/

This was their big holiday event for 2020: loot boxes. Loot boxes that had a low chance of giving you a ship, and if they did, then you had to go down a checklist of awful ships before you literally had any kind of chance of getting anything you might actually want. They denied this and lied about it until people pretty much proved it, at which point it was miscommunication of course.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/230672-mouses-take-on-the-short-list-fiasco/

I genuinely do not see where the mitigation is. This is worst of the worst level poo poo.

* I MEAN you're buying bundles of doubloons and you get tokens "as a gift", pleasenobodysueuspleaseEUlooktheotherway

E: Now, if we were to revise toadee's statement to say "historically they shied away from the worst of the worst", that I would agree with. But that's the point: historically they did. Now they very much do not, and there's no reason to think we've hit rock bottom yet.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 19, 2021

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lootboxes, like random battles, allow you to have the chance* to experience a good game.

*not a very good chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
The sad thing about all this is that I’ve actually been having a great time in random battles lately :(