Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Judakel posted:

lmao people are escaping into their own little bubbles of reality and away from any live tv. good poo poo.

Pretty fuckin' sedate coverage as hospital systems across the south go to poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Casey Finnigan posted:

it's completely insane that Biden hasn't said anything about like half the hospitals in this country being overrun

"We're building back better, with human bodies mixed in with plaster like Tamerlane used to do."

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Casey Finnigan posted:

come on man. there's about to be no functional hospitals in the second most populated state in the country. Nobody in government can open their loving mouths about this? I feel like I'm losing my mind

hello welcome

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

lumpy motherfucker piece of poo poo

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Blaziken386 posted:

best friend is getting married in october. started planning this last year with the expectation that covid would've been contained by now (lol)

because I've gotten booster and am respirator crew, I'll probably still be attending unless poo poo loving implodes

unfortunately, my second best friend is coming with me
and despite my attempts to convert her to respirator crew, she's planning on making a cloth mask to match her dress. and getting her hair done in a salon the day before the wedding

all this despite 3 of her (non immediate) family members having died from this, with a 4th on the way

how do i get this woman to crack-ping so she doesnt become a loving plague rat

You tell your friend to postpone the wedding.

You cancel your RSVP.

You tell your 2nd friend the same.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
THIS IS FROM REDDIT!!! THIS IS A C/P FROM REDDIT!

COVID & First Day of Class
So I tested positive for Covid yesterday without even knowing I had it. It came as a huge shock to me and now I am having to panic email all my professors about it. Only one has responded so far and I’m starting the get a little worried. I sent a notice of absence but I’m not really sure what good that will do. Most of them also do not have canvas pages up so it is a little frustrating. I have heard that if you don’t show up for class on the first day you are dropped from the course, is this true? I guess it’s honestly a waiting game to see if my professor responds before my 8 am.

END OF REDDIT POST HERE

This is going to not last a week.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lol told my boss well I shouldn't be here cause I was here with her Sunday night while she was arguing with me about the vaccine being pointless and she'll never get the 5g nanochip as she was hot with roni and dicknosing.

Doesn't matter, I'm vaccinated so occupational health does not consider me an infection risk. I think I have a headache. I'm going to loving die from a chud antivaxx coworker. God please can I have the monoclonal 6g femtochips

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Nocturtle posted:

These rules are very similar to NYC's public school rules so will be super interested to watch their experience. Nice of them to start up a full month before schools here do. One minor difference last time I checked NYC's public school worker vaccination rate was only 60-70%. If these guys see crazy case numbers everyone will.

BTW what is it with American schools and these crazy early start dates right in the middle of summer? In Canada you weren't in school until mid-Sept. It's very strange.

They all do this, logistically I don't think they have a real alternative. Dealing with an actually serious airborne infectious disease properly is just too difficult so we have to pretend it doesn't exist when convenient.

hybrid cohorts with half days in person so no students have to eat lunch in school. we've had 2 years to figure this poo poo out and done nothing instead

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

♫ Look at me now, will I ever learn
I don't know how, but I suddenly lose control
There's a fire within my soul

(Just one look ) and I can hear a bell ring
(One more look) and I forget everything, whoa

Mamma mia, here I go again
My, my, how can I resist you?
Mamma mia, does it show again
My, my, just how much I've missed you? ♫

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Condolences to the COVID virions that must inhabit Abbott's putrid flesh.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

we've had 2 years to figure this poo poo out and done nothing instead

Pennsylvania is doing single group pool testing because they don't have enough testing supplies. Not like we had nearly two years to ramp up production, ya know?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Everyone is gonna get it

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

skewetoo posted:

Everyone is gonna get it

hail satan

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

skewetoo posted:

Everyone is gonna get it

childless wfh'ers who can cook for themselves and are happy to keep binge watching netflix, etc. are going to be just fine

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

skooma512 posted:

Condolences to the COVID virions that must inhabit Abbott's putrid flesh.

COVID virion infantry: sir the battle is going badly
COVID virion captain: how are we losing??
COVID virion infantry: it seems we don't have a leg to stand on
COVID virion captain: oh gently caress lol
COVID virion infantry: lmao

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

No!

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Casey Finnigan posted:

the kids who are being jerked around by school districts and the cdc are going to hate america so much

Luckily for America, many of them will be too dead to do anything about it, and of those that aren't dead, many will be either too brain damaged or too physically infirm to do anything about it.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
so if you're treated in a non-air conditioned tent in a hospital parking lot by a biostatician who just became a nurse a few days ago do you still get hit with a massive hospital bill?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

childless wfh'ers who can cook for themselves and are happy to keep binge watching netflix, etc. are going to be just fine

doxxin left and right in here

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Louisgod posted:

COVID virion infantry: sir the battle is going badly
COVID virion captain: how are we losing??
COVID virion infantry: it seems we don't have a leg to stand on
COVID virion captain: oh gently caress lol
COVID virion infantry: lmao

hitler downfall meme but for opening schools

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

this is a perfect analogy b/c this is america's covid response plan

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

mod sassinator posted:

those childless wfhers are all vacationing internationally and poo poo

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

those childless wfhers are all vacationing internationally and poo poo

childlesss wfh'ers who can cook for themselves and are happy to keep binge watching netflix, and hate airline travel... and left their friends board game group

there, i think that covers it

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Casey Finnigan posted:

so if you're treated in a non-air conditioned tent in a hospital parking lot by a biostatician who just became a nurse a few days ago do you still get hit with a massive hospital bill?

Quality of care can't be part of the billing consideration because if it was hospitals would have to actually provide quality care and facilities and not just the bare minimum.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

that's me except im not allowed to WFH lol the one variable I need to be safe!!

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Casey Finnigan posted:

come on man. there's about to be no functional hospitals in the second most populated state in the country. Nobody in government can open their loving mouths about this? I feel like I'm losing my mind

Fake news. If the hospitals were full, that would mean that COVID wasn't over. Ergo, they're just fine.

Get therapy, doomer.

Blaziken386 posted:

best friend is getting married in october. started planning this last year with the expectation that covid would've been contained by now (lol)

because I've gotten booster and am respirator crew, I'll probably still be attending unless poo poo loving implodes

unfortunately, my second best friend is coming with me
and despite my attempts to convert her to respirator crew, she's planning on making a cloth mask to match her dress. and getting her hair done in a salon the day before the wedding

all this despite 3 of her (non immediate) family members having died from this, with a 4th on the way

how do i get this woman to crack-ping so she doesnt become a loving plague rat

Congrats on successfully identifying patient zero before the event even happened. Better take notes on who she interacts with so you can help out with the contact tracing efforts later.

Thoguh posted:

All over the course of what, not even a month?

It was a week or two between "Boosters are for cave syndrome doomers." and "Yeah, uh, an 'extra dose', which is specifically NOT a booster for immunocompromised people.", and then a few days between that and "Oh, poo poo. We hosed up. Boosters. Yeah, boosters for everybody. But . . . let's see here. January to later than now . . . eight months. That oughta do it."

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

this is my wife and i but my wife works in office 50% of the time so we're prob gonna get it

e: I'm sorry that I was lovely to you in this thread a few months ago

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
thinking with our j&j shots back in February, maybe we just respec into pure mrna

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
The number one rule of a plague is no travel. lol. lmao.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Hospital admin gets real secretive and cagey just for having to go on divert because it reveals they are shitsuckers that got caught out with staffing with the absolute minimum staff. We are never going to get accurate numbers on hospital capacity.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

biostatistician - statistics about biological organisms - counting microbes
it was a joke.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I just checked Safeway's website, it says you either need to provide proof of insurance or a government issued ID. Guess I'll just use my real name and hope they don't pull me up in some database before giving me the shot.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Google Butt posted:

that's me except im not allowed to WFH lol the one variable I need to be safe!!

not even the goons can manage to employ me :sad:

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Strep Vote posted:

Not only did the CDC say it was safe, they actively encouraged it. In fact, if you didn't immediately burst forth to suck n gently caress you were labeled as being a broke brain with cave syndrome.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asproigerosis posted:

Hospital admin gets real secretive and cagey just for having to go on divert because it reveals they are shitsuckers that got caught out with staffing with the absolute minimum staff. We are never going to get accurate numbers on hospital capacity.

The Walmart with 50 checkout lanes and only two are open, but instead it's a hospital with available beds

:capitalism:

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

thedavid posted:

Funny you say that, they say smoke is coming from canada but nothing yet:

https://www.mlive.com/news/2021/08/big-swath-of-wildfire-smoke-headed-toward-michigan.html

Thanks everyone, I'll get that test started as soon as I can get the kids taken care of.

https://fire.airnow.gov/

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Shifty Nipples posted:

biostatistician - statistics about biological organisms - counting microbes
it was a joke.

lol, you never know, most people can't even pronounced my job title correctly

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Strep Vote posted:

but that would be bad for tourism or the airlines. no no. there's gotta be some other way to defeat it. perhaps you aren't washing your hands for the full 20 seconds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

etalian posted:

lmao the Fauci progression for Booster shots issue:
-Booster shots aren't needed / Waiting on the Science
-Booster shots will be needed for a small select group of Americans (immuno-compromised)
-Booster shots will only be needed for elderly people
-Oops booster shots will be needed by everyone on a 8 month schedule

someone should ask him what the next powerball numbers won't be.