Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Kreeblah posted:

What on earth could anybody be "anxious" about? Stupid students. Aren't they excited to see everybody's smiling faces?

imo these anxious students need to get therapy and stop letting fear rule their lives!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

why in the hell do they even make these boasting posts. we know what the outcome will be. they will look like complete morons in weeks. this is the second year of diving headfirst into this brick wall. did we learn nothing!??

not defending them obviously, but a lot of districts stayed open drat near the entire year last year. i imagine the same will happen this year.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
the kids who are being jerked around by school districts and the cdc are going to hate america so much

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Hello doc? I’m here for my booster shot. I think my immunity has waned. My name? Lois Titers

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Casey Finnigan posted:

the kids who are being jerked around by school districts and the cdc are going to hate america so much

Organizing high school/college walkouts is probably the best idea at this point

If the teachers don't do it first

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Sweden: 8 cases of a mutated E484Q Delta variant sampled in the Uppsala district. People traveled from Spain and Portugal.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/uppsala/ny-deltavariant-sprids-i-uppsala-lan-inte-hort-att-man-sett-den-i-andra-delar-av-sverige (Swedish)

quote:

New Delta variant spread in Uppsala district: “In the rest of Sweden not heard of it yet”

Eight to nine people in Uppsala County who tested positive for Covid-19 are infected with a new Delta variant with an additional mutation. So far, researchers don’t know how contagious it is or whether it is more easily infected than vaccinated than other variants, but among those who are infected, they are fully vaccinated.

– Of course, we take all variants seriously, which means that the vaccine may not have the same protection, says Mats Martinell, who is responsible for sampling in the Uppsala area.

The new Delta variant is of concern and studies in a laboratory setting show that the variant would escape the vaccine more easily than other Delta variants.

From southern Spain and Portugal
Mats Martinell hasn't heard of this variant in other parts of Sweden, but it could be because the infection tracking department in the Uppsala area is working closely with the university hospital, where extensive mapping of the samples is underway to find new ones quickly recognizing variants.
The people infected with the new Delta variant were all in southern Spain and Portugal.

– We believe there is this Delta variant and so it is important to test yourself at home, says Mats Martinell.

Overall, he’s worried about the coming weeks.

– Now we are in a phase where there can be big outbreaks and super spreading events with parties and the like, so you have to be careful.
English news article:
http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2021-08/19/c_1310135194.htm

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Schnorkles posted:

The answer to "I have symptoms that vaguely look like COVID, what do?"

is always "act like you do and get tested until proven otherwise" because its everywhere right now and we're not monsters itt

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Gio posted:

not defending them obviously, but a lot of districts stayed open drat near the entire year last year. i imagine the same will happen this year.

institutions are simply not built to deal with rapidly changing pandemic landscapes

we spent MONTHS coming up with all these RULES and now you're saying none of them are right?? That's not how this work I have an MPA.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26 (apparently one or two are out of order. If someone can tell me which or I can upload them all somewhere, file names are the dates)
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

i was taking comfort because my county in florida wasn't as dark red as most of the others in these pictures

not anymore

lmao

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Schnorkles posted:

the spike proteins go to war inside ur body and the battlefield is ur liver rip just rip

rude

Steve Yun posted:

I hope you live up to your name when you do

Rude!!!

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ted hitler hunter posted:

Sweden: 8 cases of a mutated E484Q Delta variant sampled in the Uppsala district. People traveled from Spain and Portugal.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/uppsala/ny-deltavariant-sprids-i-uppsala-lan-inte-hort-att-man-sett-den-i-andra-delar-av-sverige (Swedish)

English news article:
http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2021-08/19/c_1310135194.htm

ABBA variant

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao the Fauci progression for Booster shots issue:
-Booster shots aren't needed / Waiting on the Science
-Booster shots will be needed for a small select group of Americans (immuno-compromised)
-Booster shots will only be needed for elderly people
-Oops booster shots will be needed by everyone on a 8 month schedule

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i am ur friend and support ur decision to slam as many types of spike proteins in yourself as possible, crazy cloud

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Insanite posted:

imo these anxious students need to get therapy and stop letting fear rule their lives!!!

:hmmrona:

https://twitter.com/KRON4WTran/status/1428031254050447362?s=20

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Schnorkles posted:

i am ur friend and support ur decision to slam as many types of spike proteins in yourself as possible, crazy cloud

same and same but with dog turds, one love

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
best friend is getting married in october. started planning this last year with the expectation that covid would've been contained by now (lol)

because I've gotten booster and am respirator crew, I'll probably still be attending unless poo poo loving implodes

unfortunately, my second best friend is coming with me
and despite my attempts to convert her to respirator crew, she's planning on making a cloth mask to match her dress. and getting her hair done in a salon the day before the wedding

all this despite 3 of her (non immediate) family members having died from this, with a 4th on the way

how do i get this woman to crack-ping so she doesnt become a loving plague rat

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I have spent a whole year coming up with the perfect balance of safety, mental health, and institutional concerns to COVID and now I'm going to take a big sip of beer because there's no way that a more virulent strain is going to koolaid man in and ruin everything

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Happy parents, Our daycare is back!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

etalian posted:

lmao the Fauci progression for Booster shots issue:
-Booster shots aren't needed / Waiting on the Science
-Booster shots will be needed for a small select group of Americans (immuno-compromised)
-Booster shots will only be needed for elderly people
-Oops booster shots will be needed by everyone on a 8 month schedule

All over the course of what, not even a month?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Schnorkles posted:

I have spent a whole year coming up with the perfect balance of safety, mental health, and institutional concerns to COVID and now I'm going to take a big sip of beer because there's no way that a more virulent strain is going to koolaid man in and ruin everything

:borked:

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I had a mixed mRNA 1-2 dose you'll be fine lol

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Haven’t seen Fauci in 5 days

Come out here you coward

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

McNugget Buddy posted:

Organizing high school/college walkouts is probably the best idea at this point

If the teachers don't do it first

a lot of teacher are chuds or Blue MAGA

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

good god that we're* still using such lovely masks so deep into this thing. they're all going to get it.

* as in america. respkrewe life.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1428007029055148032?s=20

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gio posted:

a lot of teacher are chuds or Blue MAGA

"our union has endorsed our death - never break from the union"

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
this morning the nurse at walmart asked us if we were getting our first shots together because of the delta wave that's coming, and i played off it it like 'yeah its going to be ridiculous.' she tried to compliment us by saying that if more people would do what we were doing then we could get this under control soon. without flinching i referenced the cdc's increasingly exponential, vertical looking graphs and then she admitted she doesnt really have hope anymore, actually.

after our booster we then picked up some box fans for the corsi boxes im building for my partner and their students so they may have less of a chance to die when they return to school in a few weeks.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

come on man. there's about to be no functional hospitals in the second most populated state in the country. Nobody in government can open their loving mouths about this? I feel like I'm losing my mind

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

thedavid posted:

Thanks for that. I did got to the cdc website and did their little wizard thing and it was like "LOL. LMAO. Call a doc I guess?"

So of course I posted to cspam.

the only risk we take, that we're forced to take, is that i come to work every day since 6/1.

this morning the guy in the office not far from me would. not. stop. sneezing.

multiple people with persistent coughs.

just the summer flu season! open biden

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Blaziken386 posted:

best friend is getting married in october. started planning this last year with the expectation that covid would've been contained by now (lol)

because I've gotten booster and am respirator crew, I'll probably still be attending unless poo poo loving implodes

unfortunately, my second best friend is coming with me
and despite my attempts to convert her to respirator crew, she's planning on making a cloth mask to match her dress. and getting her hair done in a salon the day before the wedding

all this despite 3 of her (non immediate) family members having died from this, with a 4th on the way

how do i get this woman to crack-ping so she doesnt become a loving plague rat

hey who posted those colored KN95 masks

edit:

https://www.shopmaskc.com/collections/kn95-masks

https://greensupply.com/collections/colored-kn95-masks

https://masklab.us/collections/kf-series

If you can find one to match her dress you can convince her to wear an actual mask that works, and therefore not get infected at the salon

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 18, 2021

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Thoguh posted:

All over the course of what, not even a month?

Watching the CDC take on COV19, is like watching the 300k+ strong Quisling Afghan Central government try to control the Taliban

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Casey Finnigan posted:

come on man. there's about to be no functional hospitals in the second most populated state in the country. Nobody in government can open their loving mouths about this? I feel like I'm losing my mind

hmm lemme see whats out there in the local news there

https://twitter.com/KPRC2/status/1428039058786242564?s=20

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Casey Finnigan posted:

https://twitter.com/SeauxCocoa/status/1427686841659109389

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Casey Finnigan posted:

If you don't look at this dead gay comedy forum or otherwise weren't particularly online you'd never know any of this poo poo is happening lol

The evening news gives it 4-5 minutes before moving on to whateverthefuck human interest poo poo is going on right now and our leadership hasn't made a peep.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

These rules are very similar to NYC's public school rules so will be super interested to watch their experience. Nice of them to start up a full month before schools here do. One minor difference last time I checked NYC's public school worker vaccination rate was only 60-70%. If these guys see crazy case numbers everyone will.

BTW what is it with American schools and these crazy early start dates right in the middle of summer? In Canada you weren't in school until mid-Sept. It's very strange.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Masks except while eating and drinking is completely loving meaningless when everyone clusters together to eat for gently caress's sake. ahhasdhafjsdadsjdgfgfd

They all do this, logistically I don't think they have a real alternative. Dealing with an actually serious airborne infectious disease properly is just too difficult so we have to pretend it doesn't exist when convenient.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

lovely phone pic, great shirt. Thank u rubby.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
with trump it was like being on a runaway train driven by a dumb clown that's panicking and doing a bunch of stupid poo poo to try to stop the train. with biden it's like being on a runaway train driven by a smiling silent man who doesn't acknowledge your presence and won't even try to stop the train

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
only 28 cases in china yesterday. lmao they totally beat delta variant with just a couple weeks of fast testing, contact tracing, and a nationwide mask mandate

for reference two weeks ago they had over 100 cases a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

fits my needs posted:

hmm lemme see whats out there in the local news there

https://twitter.com/KPRC2/status/1428039058786242564?s=20

lmao people are escaping into their own little bubbles of reality and away from any live tv. good poo poo.