Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

websites I wish existed:

https://fire.faucinow.gov/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Lacrosse posted:

Not only did the CDC say it was safe, they actively encouraged it. In fact, if you didn't immediately burst forth to suck n gently caress you were labeled as being a broke brain with cave syndrome.

https://www.usnews.com/news/economy/articles/2021-05-14/consumer-confidence-falls-in-early-may-amid-inflation-fears

The disappointing May consumer confidence report was reported one day after the CDC said "open everything up guys, covid's over!"

I have absolutely no doubt that the administration got early numbers, panicked, and reacted by ordering the CDC to remove restrictions. lol

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mod sassinator posted:

lmao reddit quarantined the r/NoNewNormal subreddit that was all about funny memes against covid lockdowns

Ironic,

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

McNugget Buddy posted:

The Walmart with 50 checkout lanes and only two are open, but instead it's a hospital with available beds

:capitalism:

do Walmarts have that many lanes purely because of November and December?

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Dear Faculty, Staff and Students,
Welcome to the beginning of a new academic year at Clemson. To all of our new faculty, staff and students joining us for the first time, we are thrilled that you are here.

While we all hoped this pandemic would be behind us, the Delta variant has revived the need for us to take proactive measures to protect our Clemson community. Each of you can help make this a safe and healthy campus.

As we announced yesterday, masks are required in all Clemson facilities statewide for the next three weeks — except when you are in a private residence hall room or office or eating in a dining hall — as we work to curb the spread of the virus. The science is clear that this is a very reliable method to help protect yourself and others.

If you are not vaccinated, now is the time to consider doing so. The vaccination clinics are conveniently located next to our testing site at Fike where Clemson has one of the very best testing programs in the country. I would encourage you to take advantage of this free, rapid, and abundant testing service. Visit our COVID-19 website for more information about our testing requirements and other protocols.

Click below to view my welcome message video.

I wish you all the best this semester. Let’s work together to have a safe and successful year.

Go Tigers!

lmao Idiots

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

https://www.usnews.com/news/economy/articles/2021-05-14/consumer-confidence-falls-in-early-may-amid-inflation-fears

The disappointing May consumer confidence report was reported one day after the CDC said "open everything up guys, covid's over!"

I have absolutely no doubt that the administration got early numbers, panicked, and reacted by ordering the CDC to remove restrictions. lol

after august confidence numbers come out there will be a "You don't need to wear masks if you get the booster!!" guidance change. it almost perfectly lines up with the sept 20th booster rollout

LMAO

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol that "Cuban doctors are slaves!" thing is still going around? It fuckin rules because everybody who whines about it just ends up describing a boring employer/employee relationship and can't even find one of the doctors who is angry at the setup. It always comes down to them seeing medicine being treated like a skilled trade without any limits on enrollment and central deployments in the vein of any other skilled contractors as literal slavery.

If those doctors had absolutely nothing about their situations changed at all but they were being contracted by HRW with them taking an equal share of the agreed upon fees they'd be perfectly fine with it even.

Der Meister posted:

do Walmarts have that many lanes purely because of November and December?

at this point it's probably just an excuse to have a socially invisible way to have all but two guarded aisles between the product and the exit

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

remembering around this time last year when we were discussing whether or not REINFECTION?! could even happen

and now people are just nonchalantly dropping "oh yeah, this person I know had covid 3 times"

The D&D thread was yelling at me for bringing up reinfections long after it was widely accepted that reinfections are common (even on TWiV, and the European LEAD study on reinfections one was out as well), very lmao.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

started watching this hillsborough county (florida) school board meeting and the superintendent is just such a huge fucker. He's using the most corporate weasel word bullshit i've ever heard. "i understand that some people are sensitive to the way covid is interacting with our community." he thinks masks should still be optional though. people's freedoms are very important!!!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Look, it can't spread while you're eating, no one has stomach covid.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Boy howdy I do not want to go to college. Decided to go back because I wanted to do something about climate change (lol) and am now gonna be the late 20something weirdo in the lecture hall with a respirator on. Was really looking forward to using their gym, considering I have to pay for it anyway. Nuts to that.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuZzaVKmOs4

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Look, it can't spread while you're eating, no one has stomach covid.

I know at my work it was amusing all the signs, then you would sometimes see 10-15 people at a big table eating lunch together.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

lol they are just trying to make it past refund day.

"No refunds will be made on a semester's tuition and fees after four weeks from the last day to register."

Aug 24, Tue Last day to register or add a class or declare Audit

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Casey Finnigan posted:

so if you're treated in a non-air conditioned tent in a hospital parking lot by a biostatician who just became a nurse a few days ago do you still get hit with a massive hospital bill?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Aurubin posted:

Boy howdy I do not want to go to college. Decided to go back because I wanted to do something about climate change (lol) and am now gonna be the late 20something weirdo in the lecture hall with a respirator on. Was really looking forward to using their gym, considering I have to pay for it anyway. Nuts to that.

you wouldn't stand out that much in a science class tbh

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

SKULL.GIF posted:

remembering around this time last year when we were discussing whether or not REINFECTION?! could even happen

and now people are just nonchalantly dropping "oh yeah, this person I know had covid 3 times"

IIRC it was around this time last year that we started to learn about mutations found in danish mink farms and early cases popping up in people. whole lot of "variants are nothing to worry about" talk at the time lol. life comes at you fast

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_5

CLUSTER FIVE ALIVE!

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Aurubin posted:

Can you do something like WGU instead? It's dirt loving cheap compared to other US colleges, and all online.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Fisman bringing some handy facts and figures for Ontario (Canada) (the concept is universal though)

https://twitter.com/DFisman/status/1427940663925092354?s=20

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Aurubin posted:

No one will know how old you are with your respirator on.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1428045859921465345

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol told my boss well I shouldn't be here cause I was here with her Sunday night while she was arguing with me about the vaccine being pointless and she'll never get the 5g nanochip as she was hot with roni and dicknosing.

Doesn't matter, I'm vaccinated so occupational health does not consider me an infection risk. I think I have a headache. I'm going to loving die from a chud antivaxx coworker. God please can I have the monoclonal 6g femtochips

May your titers be firm against what's coming.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

delta

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Epic High Five posted:

lol that "Cuban doctors are slaves!" thing is still going around? It fuckin rules because everybody who whines about it just ends up describing a boring employer/employee relationship and can't even find one of the doctors who is angry at the setup. It always comes down to them seeing medicine being treated like a skilled trade without any limits on enrollment and central deployments in the vein of any other skilled contractors as literal slavery.

If those doctors had absolutely nothing about their situations changed at all but they were being contracted by HRW with them taking an equal share of the agreed upon fees they'd be perfectly fine with it even.

at this point it's probably just an excuse to have a socially invisible way to have all but two guarded aisles between the product and the exit

My understanding is that america is the only country in the world that puts doctors on such a ridiculous pedastal that they are gods among mere mortals analogous to c suites. In England the doctors put in loving peripheral IVs. If you asked a doctor in america to do that you'd get the same reaction as if you just told them to get in there and clean the poo poo off that cdiff patient. Utterly beneath them.

This may or may not help the thread understand where MadJackal mindset comes from. Feudal lord bishops that graciously provide healing services to the peasantry at their convenience.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

polo

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
*thinking harder than I've ever thought before*

Masks should be required ... everywhere except one of the more crowded places in university and where the vast majority of on campus students will attend multiple times each day

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Standing our ground and shooting the virus like Chief Wiggum

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

Casey Finnigan posted:

with trump it was like being on a runaway train driven by a dumb clown that's panicking and doing a bunch of stupid poo poo to try to stop the train. with biden it's like being on a runaway train driven by a smiling silent man who doesn't acknowledge your presence and won't even try to stop the train

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

"masks are good because they allow us to avoid quarantines"

https://twitter.com/ProfEmilyOster/status/1428064884474920964

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Asproigerosis posted:

My understanding is that america is the only country in the world that puts doctors on such a ridiculous pedastal that they are gods among mere mortals analogous to c suites. In England the doctors put in loving peripheral IVs. If you asked a doctor in america to do that you'd get the same reaction as if you just told them to get in there and clean the poo poo off that cdiff patient. Utterly beneath them.

This may or may not help the thread understand where MadJackal mindset comes from. Feudal lord bishops that graciously provide healing services to the peasantry at their convenience.

This is also why so many of our doctors loving suck. They get high on their own bullshit and utterly dismiss people's concerns until, oops, maybe they should have looked into that before it developed into stage 4 cancer or whatever. Especially for non-white, non-cis-dude folks.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Eh I'm a hypocrite anyway because I go to the gym 5 days a week and I'm like the only person with a mask there. Plus my job has a fun mix of dicknosing and executives just straight up not wearing masks despite it being mandated. Something about a 200 person class in a big recycled air lecture hall just gets to me, probably cause it's new. Least they're required to be vaxxed.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

it was posted in the dnd thread within the past few days

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

actionjackson posted:

lol, you never know, most people can't even pronounced my job title correctly

You never answered whether or not you count microbes though so I'm gonna continue to assume you do.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

lol they are just trying to make it past refund day.

"No refunds will be made on a semester's tuition and fees after four weeks from the last day to register."

Aug 24, Tue Last day to register or add a class or declare Audit

same poo poo as last year

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Louisgod posted:

COVID virion infantry: sir the battle is going badly
COVID virion captain: how are we losing??
COVID virion infantry: it seems we don't have a leg to stand on
COVID virion captain: oh gently caress lol
COVID virion infantry: lmao

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Asproigerosis posted:

is the doctors' union or whatever still actively restricting enrollment numbers?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
i would LOVE to find out the real story why this:

https://twitter.com/garthbrooks/status/1427414545962766336

turned into this: https://variety.com/2021/music/news/garth-brooks-cancels-stadium-tour-concerts-1235043959/

quote:

Country superstar Garth Brooks, one of the few reliable stadium-fillers in the business, has canceled his remaining shows for 2021. The performer said refunds will be offered on the approximately 350,000 tickets that were sold for stadium gigs in five cities.

Brooks had previously indicated that he was rethinking upcoming dates, in light of spiking COVID rates. He’d previously done stadium shows in five cities this year.

“In July, I sincerely thought the pandemic was falling behind us,” Brooks said in a statement. “Now, watching this new wave, I realize we are still in the fight and I must do my part.”

in four days

there is a lot more not being said I bet, LMAO. four days is also the average incubation time from infection to symptom onset...

bUt LoLlApAloOzA wAs SaFe!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

brugroffil posted:

"masks are good because they allow us to avoid quarantines"

https://twitter.com/ProfEmilyOster/status/1428064884474920964

I thought she announced that she was going to shut the gently caress up?