Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JERICHO VS WARDLOW 9 5.66%
STATLANDER VS NYLA 6 3.77%
BEST FRIENDS VS HFO 4 2.52%
ELITE VS SYDALS AND DANTE FREAKING MARTIN 131 82.39%
DARK ORDER VS GOOD BROS 9 5.66%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Ivelisse must've sent out her feelers and realised that WWE doesnt want her because shes too old and that shes blacklisted from everywhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Will Ric Flair show up tonight to manage 2.0 against Sting & Darby and form some sort of insane faction acting as manager for 2.0 and Garcia? Flair obviously is a trash person but I imagine we see him in AEW at some point. Flair was featured in the stuff building to the match on Road To, and can you imagine the promos Flair and 2.0 would do together?

I don't know about these things, but people were talking like Flair is under a non-compete, but those are impossible to enforce in Mexico.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Ivelisse and Tessa Blanchard in an arms race to see who can burn every possible bridge in the wrestling industry first

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

haha I also said gently caress off out loud

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’m pretty sure Flair’s getting me too’d in a couple weeks, if I am aware of this Tony has to be so I think signing him now is a mistake. Maybe people just won’t care when the dark side of the ring episode drops though, but it’s a lot worse than anything else anyone at AEW has ever been accused of so maybe they will.

I keep seeing people post about that and totally forgot about it when I made my post, but you're probably right. Or hopefully are, at least.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah but did you have gas station food in your mouth please get on my level

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Actually don't do that to yourself, please

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Wheres the growing thunder rosa painted ironicat

“My higher goal has always been to shed light on anything that could improve women’s wrestling in any way, shape, or form,” Ivelisse said. “So I do feel that a big reason is, again, just because I’m a female, they feel the freedom to just, you know, pick me apart, etc. It seems to be a trend that seems to be trending. Because it hasn’t been just me, it’s been other females as well. Any female that starts blowing a bunch of steam or whatever, somehow, someway they want to find a way to, to bring them down, drag them down or whatever.

“Well, see, unfortunately, the thing is that on the women’s side, there’s so much improvement that needs to happen,” Ivelisse said. “Because unfortunately, the cattiness crap from high school still happens in women’s locker rooms. And the thing is that a lot of males are in positions of power, and then they just roll their eyes anytime something happens, like ‘oh, it’s just girls being girls.’ Like, dude, no, no. That’s why I feel it’s so imperative to put such importance to female veterans because they’re the ones who, first of all, have gone through stuff and have earned the right to be able to impose any kind of, you know, rules to make more order within the environment. Not so they can feel powerful, or whatever, for the improvement of the environment; number one. And for better efficiency out there in the ring.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Shinjobi posted:

I'm in my car during my lunch break and seeing this tweet got a loud, mouth half full of garbage "gently caress off" out of me.

Same, especially since her immediate response to getting dropped by AEW was to basically accuse Thunder Rosa of sleeping with AEW management.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Ivelisse seems to be taking the male comedian "I went away for a few months so now I get to come back, right?" approach to being problematic.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

maaaaan why couldn't this mask have been on the store when I ordered stuff two or three weeks ago :(

I guess next time I make an impulsive sale driven purchase I know one thing to add...

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’m pretty sure Flair’s getting me too’d in a couple weeks, if I am aware of this Tony has to be so I think signing him now is a mistake. Maybe people just won’t care when the dark side of the ring episode drops though, but it’s a lot worse than anything else anyone at AEW has ever been accused of so maybe they will.

It's genuinely insane to me that signing him is on the table with that hanging out there (and, you know, the general details of that incident being well known), but I guess he's been around the wrestling industry forever so people will try to get away with using him until they can't anymore. At this point I fully expect him to get signed; who knows what the fallout will end up being

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Today i learned Ivelisse is only 33 and has burned every bridge by acting like shes Mercedes Martinez.

Edit: shes YOUNGER than Thunder Rosa

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Lid posted:

Today i learned Ivelisse is only 33 and has burned every bridge by acting like shes Mercedes Martinez.

Edit: shes YOUNGER than Thunder Rosa

LMFAO

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

xbilkis posted:

who knows what the fallout will end up being

pretty much nothing

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

pretty much nothing

Maybe if Flair refuses to sell for Thunder Rosa there will be fallout

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Eat My Fuc posted:

Maybe if Flair refuses to sell for Thunder Rosa there will be fallout

Of all Flair's numerous damning faults, refusing to sell isn't one of them.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lid posted:

“My higher goal has always been to shed light on anything that could improve women’s wrestling in any way, shape, or form,” Ivelisse said. “So I do feel that a big reason is, again, just because I’m a female, they feel the freedom to just, you know, pick me apart, etc. It seems to be a trend that seems to be trending. Because it hasn’t been just me, it’s been other females as well. Any female that starts blowing a bunch of steam or whatever, somehow, someway they want to find a way to, to bring them down, drag them down or whatever.

“Well, see, unfortunately, the thing is that on the women’s side, there’s so much improvement that needs to happen,” Ivelisse said. “Because unfortunately, the cattiness crap from high school still happens in women’s locker rooms. And the thing is that a lot of males are in positions of power, and then they just roll their eyes anytime something happens, like ‘oh, it’s just girls being girls.’ Like, dude, no, no. That’s why I feel it’s so imperative to put such importance to female veterans because they’re the ones who, first of all, have gone through stuff and have earned the right to be able to impose any kind of, you know, rules to make more order within the environment. Not so they can feel powerful, or whatever, for the improvement of the environment; number one. And for better efficiency out there in the ring.

gently caress all this lol, you lead a group of adults by demonstrating the ability to lead and take initiative on doing poo poo people don't want to do because leadership (at the levels of trying to gel a unit of disparate elements rather than like, "leadership" in a corporate sense) usually involves tedious poo poo that you take on doing because you want a project to succeed and that's the kinda poo poo that motivates you. it's easy to see that Thunder Rosa works her god damned rear end off to make anything she's involved with and all the people too look fantastic, that's why she's going to be a leader, not because someone up a chain says she is. Ivelisse sounds like the worst type of loving climber/power broker, bleh.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Ooooo boy can't wait to be there in person tonight!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Ric Flair is currently trending on Twitter because of a picture of a man that looks like him (but probably isn't actually him) going down on a woman on a plane or train. Draw your own conclusions about whether people will be shocked by the details of the plane ride from hell.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Brian Pillman Jr looks real good in a singlet. That plus the mullet makes him look like a white Shingo Takagi. Good look for him.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

StarkRavingMad posted:

Ric Flair is currently trending on Twitter because of a picture of a man that looks like him (but probably isn't actually him) going down on a woman on a plane or train. Draw your own conclusions about whether people will be shocked by the details of the plane ride from hell.

That's a train brother.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Dimebags Brain posted:

Brian Pillman Jr looks real good in a singlet. That plus the mullet makes him look like a white Shingo Takagi. Good look for him.

The new gear VB had looked really good on all of them, but Pillman's was definitely the biggest upgrade.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

His profile pic says otherwise...

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Mr. Squishy posted:

That's a train brother.

I did not look too closely at the picture, I will gladly take your word for it.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Lid posted:

i hope to return to AEW after that unfortunate misunderstanding, except the misunderstanding is people don't realize i'm right about everything and they need to do what i say all of the time

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/KingSerpentico/status/1428072105992671234?t=PS9Mz4Mi0XNu_ADPKTavzg&s=19

Lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/BranCutler/status/1428011213259214852

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

smarxist posted:

it's easy to see that Thunder Rosa works her god damned rear end off to make anything she's involved with and all the people too look fantastic, that's why she's going to be a leader, not because someone up a chain says she is.

She already is a leader. She owns Mission Pro, an all-women promotion. Imagine trying to big league that just because you had a cup of coffee in WWE.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Ivelisse can't accept that she's an rear end in a top hat who needs to do better so of course she's going to play the gender card

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol that Ivelisse thinks she'd get picked up again when AEW could just sign Ruby Soho, Kilynn King, Masha Slamovich, or Kiera Hogan instead. Literally any of the women we've seen on Dark the last 6 to 7 months would be a far better get

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Wheeler Ruta

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
wheeler rooter

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Ganso Bomb posted:

Will Ric Flair show up tonight to manage 2.0 against Sting & Darby and form some sort of insane faction acting as manager for 2.0 and Garcia? Flair obviously is a trash person but I imagine we see him in AEW at some point. Flair was featured in the stuff building to the match on Road To, and can you imagine the promos Flair and 2.0 would do together?

Matt and Jeff would probably die at the thought. Flair's promo's are a huge influence haha

but with whatever is going on probably not

stab fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 18, 2021

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/08/ivelisse-says-she-would-like-to-return-to-aew-despite-recent-misunderstanding/

don't loving do it

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I really don't get why Ivelisse is so triggering to this thread, pages upon pages any time she comes up of people angrily agreeing with each other. on the 1-10 scale of bad people in wrestling she barely registers even a 1, it confuses me!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Not trying to make this confrontational but who’s a 5 or 10?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

I really don't get why Ivelisse is so triggering to this thread, pages upon pages any time she comes up of people angrily agreeing with each other. on the 1-10 scale of bad people in wrestling she barely registers even a 1, it confuses me!

EMF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

Not trying to make this confrontational but who’s a 5 or 10?

benoit would be a 10, grizzly, just worst of the worst. A five would probably be someone like that moron q anon NXT guy who was fired because he's inherently an evil person but has no power to move the needle in any way he's just some weak little goofy dipshit, a 1 would be like Punk or Ivelesse but it's just a figure of speech to say she isn't some kind of evil person because she's narcissistic and fucks up her own career. she's not worth the level of vitriol in my opinion so it confuses me.