Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib

Rescue Toaster posted:

I got my 5G->6G upgrade today, the pharmacist was nice enough to come out to the parking lot and do it in the car since I live in a shithole state where nobody wears masks, even in a pharmacy. They asked what the cause of my immunosupression was and that was it.

Glad to hear you got that sorted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I'll just save you the time. Antivax parents went to church camp, got Covid and died weeks apart. Begs their relatives to make their kids get the vaccine before they died.

Asked for the vaxx after they got sick too

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
I am sitting next to the pharmacy at Costco where I just got my Pfizer booster shot (3rd).

I just went to my doctor for something else anyways, and I asked her to write me a little letter saying I have comorbidities and to call if they have questions.

I had no reaction from the first two shots, and I’m in my 15 minute wait having no reaction.

The reason it’s hard to get at all is because we need to start shipping American vaccines to the rest of the world I hear. That’s a good idea.
America had 50 million shots stockpiled last I heard. If you can get a third, get it. If you haven’t gotten your first two, go get them.

Do it for everyone else if you won’t do it for yourself.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Solvent posted:

Do it for everyone else if you won’t do it for yourself.

You'd be thrilled to know how little that argument holds weight with the anti-vaxx crowd :(

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

They do not and never have cared about children. It was entirely about hatred, not compassion, even imaginary. It was about pretending that all their political enemies are child molesters. It was creating a fantasy situation not so they could be concerned about imaginary children, but so they could be outraged about imaginary crimes.
True, and the really convenient thing about imaginary enemies is that you will never ever catch them, so you can wage your unhinged crusade against them forever!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Zugzwang posted:

True, and the really convenient thing about imaginary enemies is that you will never ever catch them, so you can wage your unhinged crusade against them forever!

I mean, I could think of a few pedophiles who are or recently were in the government....

Those of course, aren't the targets.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Hamburlgar posted:

Nooooo loving way.

That lunatic is @liquidearth_glass on Instagram. Check out his page for more hilarity/lunacy.

Full-blown lunatic glassblower. Holy tucking poo poo.

Also, how do I save that video?!

Yeah give em views, that'll discourage them

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i will have two astra zenicas, a pfizers, and uhhhhh gimme a large sputnik v.

naem
May 29, 2011

numberoneposter posted:

i will have two astra zenicas, a pfizers, and uhhhhh gimme a large sputnik v.

sir this is a wendy’s drive through

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
I've never given any consideration to the thoughts and opinions of a white guy with dreadlocks and its served me well so far.

Castaign
Apr 4, 2011

And now I knew that while my body sat safe in the cheerful little church, he had been hunting my soul in the Court of the Dragon.

Pekinduck posted:

I've never given any consideration to the thoughts and opinions of a white guy with dreadlocks and its served me well so far.

Just found my new email signature; thanks!

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Pekinduck posted:

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005
This is a long term care worker in BC Canada, this isn't about efficacy, it's purr politics. Fire dis bish:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

Here’s a gift article link: https://wapo.st/37Y8G3r

OgNar posted:

Beaten, but its sometimes good that MSN steals articles and just runs other sites pages through theirs.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/fa...ocid=uxbndlbing

Generally, if its WP and its paywalled, try searching for its title on bing with MSN in the box.

Thanks!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

naem posted:

sir this is a wendy’s drive through

Oh in that case give me a Pfizer frosty

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

skooma512 posted:

I mean, I could think of a few pedophiles who are or recently were in the government....

Those of course, aren't the targets.
Yeah but we live in hellworld, so America has evidently decided it doesn’t care about the sex criminals who have occupied or are currently occupying the highest levels of power in the US.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I really wasn’t expecting Something Awful to be last bastion on rationality in the world but here we are.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

^^^ Can you copy/paste? I'm getting paywalled. tia ^^^

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/quick-javascript-switcher/geddoclleiomckbhadiaipdggiiccfje?hl=en

Voila. No more paywall.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Koirhor posted:

I really wasn’t expecting Something Awful to be last bastion on rationality in the world but here we are.

General Bullshit > COVID-19: I really wasn't expecting Something Awful to be the last bastion of rationality in the world

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Tagra posted:

General Bullshit > COVID-19: I really wasn't expecting Something Awful to be the last bastion of rationality in the world

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Shaka_Amandla/status/1428049627299913730?s=19

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

There's never a bad time to give props to the GOAT

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

latinotwink1997 posted:

So, isolationist until when? That’s what I’m asking. Will I never get to visit NZ then? Do they lock down every other week for a single positive test? At what point is it deemed “safe” for them? Are they at 30% vaccine rate because of supply or demand?

New Zealand doesn't need you to visit. The world is not your playground.

This is the first nationwide lockdown in over a year, and the first community case since February (so yes the first "single positive test" in the community since February).

Sorry you live in a failed state, but other countries are allowed to do better.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

slinkimalinki posted:

This is the first nationwide lockdown in over a year, and the first community case since February (so yes the first "single positive test" in the community since February).

It is just stunning how entitled these assholes all feel about getting to travel the world and spread their filthy germs everywhere. This will not stop until international travel requires as much quarantine time as it takes for COVID to become detectable.

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

American life has become a drag (thanks boomers!) so i can see why people would want to travel elsewhere.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Saw this from a vaccine expert who thinks three doses will last a long time:

https://twitter.com/PeterHotez/status/1428100925982445568?s=20

https://twitter.com/PeterHotez/status/1428286729212071936?s=20

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Haven't heard any word about 5G / Chemtrails cocktail in the UK yet (largely due to not being in the UK for a month to visit famil), I got my second AZ jab on April so bring on the boosters and I can up my lamppost licking game. :getin:

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Novovax's biggest problems isn't production and delivery, it's that their trials started later and have taken longer so it's not actually approved for use anywhere yet.

No, it's production and getting everything proper. Moderna and Pfizer got approved within a few weeks of their trials ending. Novavax UK trial ended a long time ago and US trial had final data in May.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Michigan

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

Schmeichy posted:

I think the last estimate I saw was winter, and if Pfizer and moderna feel confident submitting their preliminary data, it'll probably get emergency authorized like the adult versions.

October

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Solvent posted:

The reason it’s hard to get at all is because we need to start shipping American vaccines to the rest of the world I hear. That’s a good idea.
America had 50 million shots stockpiled last I heard. If you can get a third, get it. If you haven’t gotten your first two, go get them.

Millions of doses have expired and been thrown out in the US already. There's been about 680,000 doses chucked in the bin in GA alone

https://twitter.com/JustinGrayWSB/status/1428119465166770187

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

No, it's production and getting everything proper. Moderna and Pfizer got approved within a few weeks of their trials ending. Novavax UK trial ended a long time ago and US trial had final data in May.

Which goons got into the Novavax trial? Petey, I think?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Millions of doses have expired and been thrown out in the US already. There's been about 680,000 doses chucked in the bin in GA alone

If a have-not country wanted to start a war over this hunger games poo poo, who could blame them at this point.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Aug 19, 2021

KittenCaboodle
Jan 16, 2014

Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

Which goons got into the Novavax trial? Petey, I think?

I'm in the UK one which is ongoing and due to finish in the next couple of months, although they reported their results a few months ago. I had heard that scaling up production had been problematic, but I don't know how accurate that is.

The estimates they have given for when they will file for approval have shifted from Q2 to Q3 to end of the year now, I believe. Information is sparse.

naem
May 29, 2011

I hope that a third/booster shot makes you complete immune, that everyone who wants one and their kids get one more problem, then just let the morons die out gently caress em

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

naem posted:

I hope that a third/booster shot makes you complete immune, that everyone who wants one and their kids get one more problem, then just let the morons die out gently caress em

I'm optimistic in hoping for a yearly jab to go along with my flu one.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

And like 80% of the world still isn’t vaccinated fully lol
Nice work America

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1428095680317382663?s=20

Hmmm, something happening? Or another big wet fart

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

come on, man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

slinkimalinki posted:

But if American’s can’t visit your country, how will you stay supplied with freedom and democracy?