Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
Just signed up for a booster under a fake name. What should I do if my work mandates a booster? Get a fourth? Should I try to level with my vaccinator and tell them it's my third and ask them to just give it to me under my real name? Cancel this appointment and wait 3-4 weeks for my official booster eligibility?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

just imaging ur avatar sitting at the computer staring at story after story about Florida

Fairly accurate tbh

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

local bar is playing Dust in the Wind *crack*

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Biowarfare posted:

how exactly are non covid colds spreading at all or am i just in a wfh/software area where people aren't horrendously going to brunch every single day for the last 8 months and completely treating this as never existing in the first place

everyone unmasked almost at once after a year of pretty strict and uniform masking. we were all pretty vulnerable to any respiratory disease since none had really spread much in the past months.

at least that's the excuse i've heard. i'm convinced at least like 30% of all the "it's just the summer cold" stuff is actual, undiagnosed covid

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Lovelyn posted:

Just signed up for a booster under a fake name. What should I do if my work mandates a booster? Get a fourth? Should I try to level with my vaccinator and tell them it's my third and ask them to just give it to me under my real name? Cancel this appointment and wait 3-4 weeks for my official booster eligibility?

Well, that guy who got like 20 (or more) shots was fine, so you probably could just get a fourth if your job ends up requiring a booster.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Lovelyn posted:

keep getting boosters. or ask your doctor and tell them this is now patient confidentiality (I don't know what these means) so they can't narc on you

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Loucks posted:

Week two of remote schooling this year while both parents wfh full time.

I want to die. :lol:

are you doing home schooling yourself, or is it virtual learning?

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!
I think common colds are much more transmissible by fomites too? Or is that just the flu?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Thoguh posted:

The other day my wife let a neighbor that we were talking to in the driveway hold our baby because he put on a mask so it was safe.

A cloth mask, and the guy is vaxxed but followed CDC guidelines and has been acting like 2019 since May. We uh, did not agree on that.

babies can’t get covid

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Lovelyn posted:

Just put the details from your third shot on your original vaccine card.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Lovelyn posted:

i'd just copy the max titer info onto your card with a ballpoint pen. your work almost certainly can't validate anything beyond looking at a card you produce

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

i'd just copy the max titer info onto your card with a ballpoint pen. your work almost certainly can't validate anything beyond looking at a card you produce

Most places at least in the US are on a "honor system" self-attestation process

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol rachel gutman probably already got their 3rd shot
also congrats on your 3rd jab :getin:

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

mod sassinator posted:

everyone unmasked almost at once after a year of pretty strict and uniform masking. we were all pretty vulnerable to any respiratory disease since none had really spread much in the past months.

the funny thing is a decent chunk of my coworkers are indian/asian and have either been through "2021 relatives back home with delta in fire pits" or "sars 1.0 epicentre hell", never stopped unmasking at any point in the pandemic including outdoors and started masking in jan 2020, and you can very clearly see a delineation between the people that have seen it before and the people that haven't

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Go in, use your real name, get a new card, worry about it later.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Kreeblah posted:

Well, that guy who got like 20 (or more) shots was fine, so you probably could just get a fourth if your job ends up requiring a booster.

if u get 20 shots u can go super saiyan

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So what exactly are The Atlantic reasons for not getting it?

Not following the rules / Boomers need it before you !

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
:lol:

He started talking before they started the stream, so it cut in to him mid-sentence.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Forseti posted:

Local news about school staffing shortages

:lol: can't believe nobody wants to die for those choice gigs

we just got our school nurse hired this week. our school was going to have to share a nurse with two other schools. it's madness

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgN_OFosKzY

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

etalian posted:

So what exactly are The Atlantic reasons for not getting it?

Not following the rules / Boomers need it before you !

i only skimmed it and saw some weak "well this disease expert said in some cases with other diseases if you over stimulate your immune system it can be bad, but we don't know yet if it's bad for covid"

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Lovelyn posted:

just be honest and say you got a booster sooner than they were authorized for reasons that are none of their loving business. maybe you have a health issue that prompted you to get a booster sooner than later, and you have the proof.

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

zegermans posted:

I do wonder if there are actual limits to DeSantis' "own the libs" politics. Like how fast do the bodies need to stack before people are like "wait... my dad coughing up blood doesn't own the libs at all!"

pretty sure this is the experiment being conducted right now. desantis is gauging floridians' reactions to full throated death cult fascism. sort of a pre-trial so he knows what he can get away with, when he becomes prez. he keeps leaning harder and harder on the controls to cause more death and suffering. in the background his loyal maga fans scream and cheer for more, and literally threaten death to those who oppose him in any fashion, irl or online

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol Inslee you coward moron gently caress
make a loving mask mandate god damnit

edit, stream was slow

Tzen fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 18, 2021

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
Higher education vax mandate by October 18. Employees only, though. Not students. Dunno if it covers private institutions.

And "religious reasons" for exemptions.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

i only skimmed it and saw some weak "well this disease expert said in some cases with other diseases if you over stimulate your immune system it can be bad, but we don't know yet if it's bad for covid"

We're still waiting on the Science!

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Tzen posted:

lol Inslee you coward moron gently caress
make a loving mask mandate god damnit

https://www.king5.com/article/news/education/inslee-reykdal-wednesday-covid-response/281-fde678f0-515e-4c75-a612-a3deab74c119

looks like he did just that thank loving god

spatula
Nov 6, 2004

Kreeblah posted:

who got 20 shots, and where is the trip report? I must know

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

fosborb posted:

we just got our school nurse hired this week. our school was going to have to share a nurse with two other schools. it's madness

Tbh I am loving amazed schools still pay to have a nurse on staff instead of just like a teacher or medical assistant to put bandaids on.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

surprised those schools are even bothering with quarantine.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

spatula posted:

who got 20 shots, and where is the trip report? I must know

https://twitter.com/medicalaxioms/status/1426726495511216131

He was admitted for blunt trauma.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

oh i guess i missed it, this stream started off mid-presentation
loving finally fukc

edit, there it is, this stream is slow
takes place Monday, public indoors must wear masks
loving bare minimum poo poo but thank you gently caress

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Pillowpants posted:

Motherfucking....

KId who came to my sons birthday party has a loving fever (The party i did not want to have but was overrulled)

looks like we've got a code purple for the goon divorce spreadsheet

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

post COVID posted:

new C-SPAM vax strat just dropped

drat I lived in the epicenter of sars but I didnt get it maybe I have sars adjacent titlers

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
Indoor mask mandate in "public places" starting Monday.

Exception for vaxxed workers who don't work with the public (:lol:).

Oh, and an exception for athletes. And people with "medical reasons" for not masking.

loving coward.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Tzen posted:

oh i guess i missed it, this stream started off mid-presentation
loving finally fukc

edit, there it is, this stream is slow
takes place Monday, public indoors must wear masks
loving bare minimum poo poo but thank you gently caress

i don't know when school starts here because im a childless spinster but i sure hope some sort of closure loving happens!!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
well there it is, a weak sauce mask mandate for washington.

only applies to people indoors in public. does not apply to private places without the public (like an office). doesn't apply to indoor athletes (lol)

takes effect in 5 days on Monday. LMAO... good thing the virus waits a week to surge

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Kreeblah posted:

Indoor mask mandate in "public places" starting Monday.

Exception for vaxxed workers who don't work with the public (:lol:).

Oh, and an exception for athletes. And people with "medical reasons" for not masking.

loving coward.
lol yeah i can already see workplace HR's reading to play this loop hole so they can keep seeing those smiling faces in the office

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
What the gently caress "medical reason" could you have that prevents you from wearing a mask but wouldn't mean COVID would totally gently caress you up? gently caress, I hate this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

that owns