Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Some people just have money and like things. These games are largely for those types of people.

If spending their money on Baal will genuinely make people happier, let them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

dogsicle posted:

the real question of 2.1 is who will you give your tuna to

Chongyun? Beidou?? Xinyan???
ER sands xinyan for sure, it's perfect.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Kale posted:

The whole like rabid celebration of capitalism and the idea that people want to fling themselves and their money at this character as some sort of badge of honor is just super weird and unnatural to me though as it is with how some people seem to behave around any gacha game in general any time there's a popular banner imminent. Like the literal goal to me is to ideally have to spend the least amount of in game resources possible and preferably no real life currency ever, not just like this weird celebration of potentially giving a lot of money to some company potentially in exchange for a character. A lot of those replies just can't not be bots.

In the same way that gacha is probably a fair amount of people's first introduction to gambling, it might also be their first introduction to financial domination, aka "findomming." I personally find it to be one of the most unappealing and absurd fetishes out there, but I grew up Very Without Money so its entire basis is kind of anathema to how my brain is wired. But it seems to be a pretty popular one, and it keeps dommes paid, so it has its place in the psychosexual landscape. Kinda hosed up when it's being done by a massively wealthy corporation, tho

SlimGoodbody fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Aug 19, 2021

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

SlimGoodbody posted:

In the same way that gacha is probably a fair amount of people's first introduction to gambling, it might also be their first introduction to financial donation, aka "findomming." I personally find it to be one of the most unappealing and absurd fetishes out there, but I grew up Very Without Money so its entire basis is kind of anathema to how my brain is wired. But it seems to be a pretty popular one, and it keeps dommes paid, so it has its place in the psychosexual landscape. Kinda hosed up when it's being done by a massively wealthy corporation, tho

if MHY wants to send me a zhongli cosplayer to electrocute my genitals while draining my wallet I'm not averse to it, so you may be on to something

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

when i was in a honkai guild that had a lot of whales, they were all just fellow california computer touchers that could drop 1k a week without really caring about it. being single and loving anime really does wonders for the amount of money you're willing to throw away on stupid poo poo.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

or you want to watch the full, high-quality (little NSFW) clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/RelatedAgitatedTurnipTebowing-_UbNQ7HSvvmCP5ty

Flair fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 18, 2021

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Yoimiya confirmed to be a stormtrooper in disguise.
Non-tracking projectiles is one of the reasons I don't care for bow users who AA instead of charge attack.
RIP phys fish for the same reason.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Man, the AI is so impressive in this game! It's mimicking all the shots I would've taken in aimed mode trying to hit that slime! :v:

Don't know what the heck is going on in Flair's gif, though. Never seen tracking be that bad before. Like, is that seriously how it is normally with anything walking in a circle around you?

booksnake fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Aug 18, 2021

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Flair posted:

or you want to watch the full, high-quality (little NSFW) clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/RelatedAgitatedTurnipTebowing-_UbNQ7HSvvmCP5ty

I like the part where the Fatui does his pyro infusion while standing in water.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I don't even plan to ever own Yoimiya, but I do hope she gets buffed for the sake of all the poor saps who have her.

When survey comes out, I'll do my part and choose the worst rating for everything but aesthetics.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Yoimiya's gonna get ignored in about 2 weeks because (this was a legit high upvote) Baal's burst isn't beating out a c1 Hu tao vape rotation.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

character in element without amplifying reactions does less damage than one with

also what's utility?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the subreddits truly rot brains

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

My memory is failing me but I saw someone here use chongyun,?, and then Kazuha to great effect against the electro big bulky hillchurl ( I need to know the names of the enemies).

There was a vid pic posted of it. What was the ? And did you use any special artifacts or did that not matter?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

My memory is failing me but I saw someone here use chongyun,?, and then Kazuha to great effect against the electro big bulky hillchurl ( I need to know the names of the enemies).

There was a vid pic posted of it. What was the ? And did you use any special artifacts or did that not matter?

Guessing you mean me

gandlethorpe posted:

I may have too much practice farming Emblem artifacts

https://i.imgur.com/i27T4dr.mp4

Nothing really special about my artifacts other than that they're good.

Kazuha's fully decked out in EM Viridescent. I recently switched XQ to Blizzard Strayer because things are frozen so often and Chong/Kazuha combo enables him to take advantage of multiple element buffs. Chong just has a solid Glad's set. And Diona's got Noblesse.

The 4*s are all C6, which are all very impactful in my team as well.

They're not even fully maxed. All A5 and only Chong's claymore is 90. Part of me wants to max them just to see how powerful I should be, but I kinda like wearing the ankle weights.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I got all of the primos from the new Theater Mechanicus after only Stage 4 so I'm pretty happy with the event.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tae posted:

Yoimiya's gonna get ignored in about 2 weeks because (this was a legit high upvote) Baal's burst isn't beating out a c1 Hu tao vape rotation.

lol this is kinda why I wanted to roll for baal since even if she's bad people will complain until she's mega broken. every archon is gonna be that way

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

brainwrinkle posted:

I got all of the primos from the new Theater Mechanicus after only Stage 4 so I'm pretty happy with the event.

How many primos in total did you get?

Kale
May 14, 2010

brainwrinkle posted:

Yeah after Stage 5 of it and getting all the primo gems and having all the giant ruin graders just walk past all my towers with their massive HP tank despite my best attempts to upgrade and place them optimally I think I'm just gonna do one more stage of this and that's plenty of Theater Mechanicus as it's just way too time consuming. The wave 4 and 5's are just so deflating having to wait and see everything just kind of fall apart but knowing you'll still make it and just have to wait longer now. I don't man they just gave some of the enemies way too much HP and I really wish I could just build more towers cause it just never seems to be enough for them most of the time no matter how much I try to stack the upgrades.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Btw, neat trick for Kazuha freeze team users (even the inferior kind that can't achieve perma Rain Sword uptime)

Hold E applies a strong Anemo that can potentially swirl Cryo and Hydro simultaneously on a frozen target, buffing both. The same goes for the first hit of his burst.

https://i.imgur.com/phfGu7F.mp4
Timing does seem to matter, but I don't think order does (i.e. whether Cryo or Hydro was applied last) or their gauge strength. You might only swirl one if it's been too long since applying the other.

Of course, when you can apply both constantly because your Kazuha applies his own Cryo and is always followed by Rain Swords it's not a huge concern :smug:

https://i.imgur.com/OpXfI8x.mp4
I love that I'm still finding new depth to Kazuha that gives me more decisions to make in combat. Literally every part of his kit is important.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

I find the wave 4 and 5 enemies relatively easy with hydro+cryo into a pyro killzone for the melt reactions. Occasionally I have to do overload killzones instead because of Geo or because the upgrade bans are brutal that round.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Those Yoimiya gifs mean nothing to me after whiffing far too many melee attacks to nobushi and Fatui that decide to skip away from them, or render a Diona field irrelevant.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

https://i.imgur.com/OpXfI8x.mp4
I love that I'm still finding new depth to Kazuha that gives me more decisions to make in combat. Literally every part of his kit is important.

When do you use press skill vs tap skill? How frequently are you normal attacking with Kaz when XQ's burst is running?

I did Kaz+XQ+XL+Benny in the last abyss and with Benny's low cooldowns and XL's pyronado it was really hard to tell how to best take advantage of the water sword procs. With Sac Sword you spend a whole lot of your time hitting your skill or watching your burst animation.

I've been playing around with mona/ayaka/kaz/flex and I have a hard time applying hydro/cryo at all let alone reliably. I almost always use hold skill too except for right after a burst.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Man if they ever have a character named or nicknamed "flex" it's going to confuse a whole hell of a lot of people looking up guides.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1428182429941051392?s=20

ignoring lost treasure, we have been truly blessed with the rerun events this patch

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

It's cool how we've had so many events that I capped the bp last week

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

dogsicle posted:

ignoring lost treasure, we have been truly blessed with the rerun events this patch

You spelled Theater Mechanicus wrong.

Lost Treasure was good, especially since they made the seelies guide you to the spots better.

Araganzar posted:

When do you use press skill vs tap skill? How frequently are you normal attacking with Kaz when XQ's burst is running?

I did Kaz+XQ+XL+Benny in the last abyss and with Benny's low cooldowns and XL's pyronado it was really hard to tell how to best take advantage of the water sword procs. With Sac Sword you spend a whole lot of your time hitting your skill or watching your burst animation.

I've been playing around with mona/ayaka/kaz/flex and I have a hard time applying hydro/cryo at all let alone reliably. I almost always use hold skill too except for right after a burst.

Generally, I've only been holding when I need a wider pull, but learning this double swirl trick I'll probably be using it more, especially as an opener. In the heat of battle, I usually just press to get a quick shatter off and refresh a buff. Going forward, I'll likely press if I don't feel like I need to get double buffs (i.e. if my burst is active and auto-refreshing one element, or the thing I'm fighting is about to die)

I can't really tell you about rotations in a Pyro team since I don't play them. But the thing to know about XQ's swords is that they have a 1s internal cooldown, and they'll fire as long as you're in the middle of a normal attack animation (i.e. it can finish cooling down after you've started a swing and still fire). So I guess don't spend too much time chaining only Es and Qs without squeezing in normals. This goes for any character, but especially whoever hits hardest with normals. My Kazuha has the 3rd strongest normals on my team, so I try not to keep him out too much, but it's still important to hit for sword procs and positioning.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't really remember the first lost treasure but this one really just felt like annoying filler content, especially with how many spots you have to check for coins. it doesn't really iterate on the idea in a meaningful way except having those floor puzzles that throw into contrast how boring the rest of the event is.

TM has its issues but they completely changed it up so we would have fresh experiences and that will certainly make for better versions in the future, on top of how it still feels good to suss out the quirks and get to breaking it over your knee multiple ways or getting into an arms race against courage sticks. i'm not fully into obeying the bans or doing solo element runs though, which might help avoid some of the boring paths this version can take.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
New TM is underrated. they fixed the biggest problem, which is that the level 10 took like 30 minutes. even the longest one of these takes like 10 iirc. Also I think all the upgrades are fun and cool.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
All the post-release events have felt like filler stuff, which is fine. Little dumb things that get me loot and add something to the commissions->artifacts->resin->quit rotation are welcome. I'd love more character/team-locked challenge events and absolutely zero more hypostasis-style events, but nothing has been bad so far.

If they could fix up their grappling mechanic in 2.1 that'd be a great opportunity for fun stuff.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dogsicle posted:

i don't really remember the first lost treasure but this one really just felt like annoying filler content, especially with how many spots you have to check for coins. it doesn't really iterate on the idea in a meaningful way except having those floor puzzles that throw into contrast how boring the rest of the event is.

TM has its issues but they completely changed it up so we would have fresh experiences and that will certainly make for better versions in the future, on top of how it still feels good to suss out the quirks and get to breaking it over your knee multiple ways or getting into an arms race against courage sticks. i'm not fully into obeying the bans or doing solo element runs though, which might help avoid some of the boring paths this version can take.

this run of lost treasure's a little better iirc since I don't think the seelie went to hover over the dig spot, you just had to find it

they did do some bigger changes to tm but they don't actually fix the problems people had and imo make it less fun

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Also still have best event double ley lines next week.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

After trying TM a couple of times, I'll probably pass. Not to say it's *bad*, just was never fan of TD games in the first place.

But I do like how they continue to do random minigames. Hopefully the fishing controls in 2.1 aren't too annoying.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

gandlethorpe posted:

Btw, neat trick for Kazuha freeze team users (even the inferior kind that can't achieve perma Rain Sword uptime)

Hold E applies a strong Anemo that can potentially swirl Cryo and Hydro simultaneously on a frozen target, buffing both. The same goes for the first hit of his burst.

Of course, when you can apply both constantly because your Kazuha applies his own Cryo and is always followed by Rain Swords it's not a huge concern :smug:

An enemy that is frozen can have 2 auras. "Frozen" counts as a cryo aura, but does not react with hydro (it will react with other elements, however, like a cryo aura). Therefore, after freezing a target, you can reapply Hydro, letting there be 2 elements on an enemy.
Hold E applies 2 gauge anemo to enemies. You need to use a Swirl reaction with a stronger anemo gauge than the hydro gauge on a frozen enemy in order to swirl both the frozen (cryo) and hydro auras. Tap E is only 1 gauge, and therefore not strong enough. The only requirements are the enemy must be frozen, have hydro applied after being frozen, then hit with Kazuha's hold E or Q (Kazuha Slash also applies a 2 gauge anemo). Venti E and both of Jean's skills also apply 2 gauge anemo, though this will only really apply to VV, since neither offers any special buff from swirling. If you trigger the double swirl with Kazuha's Q, you should be infusing with Hydro, due to infuse priority.

Also, I believe you mentioned that it was easier to clear the Emblem of Severed Fate domain, if you didn't let the Lawachurl shield up. Perhaps it is!
https://i.imgur.com/g7kZWgt.mp4

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Hazdoc posted:

An enemy that is frozen can have 2 auras. "Frozen" counts as a cryo aura, but does not react with hydro (it will react with other elements, however, like a cryo aura). Therefore, after freezing a target, you can reapply Hydro, letting there be 2 elements on an enemy.
Hold E applies 2 gauge anemo to enemies. You need to use a Swirl reaction with a stronger anemo gauge than the hydro gauge on a frozen enemy in order to swirl both the frozen (cryo) and hydro auras. Tap E is only 1 gauge, and therefore not strong enough. The only requirements are the enemy must be frozen, have hydro applied after being frozen, then hit with Kazuha's hold E or Q (Kazuha Slash also applies a 2 gauge anemo). Venti E and both of Jean's skills also apply 2 gauge anemo, though this will only really apply to VV, since neither offers any special buff from swirling. If you trigger the double swirl with Kazuha's Q, you should be infusing with Hydro, due to infuse priority.

Yeah, after further testing, it seems that Hydro does need to be applied to an already frozen target. I think XQ's orbiting swords were applying it the times I thought Cryo was on top. I'm having a tough time consistently double swirling with any other Hydro, because of course.

I can sometimes do it with Mona if I'm quick enough with an attack and a dash. But why bother lol

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I find that it's literally impossible for me to get the achievement for earning 400 exp on level 10... Because I've hit the exp cap.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I started a break shortly after Dragonspine came out, so my cursed sword is only partially refined; has there been any chance since then to update that, or might it come around again later?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Nope and nobody knows.

Honkai players, is there any equivalent to event-limited gear and whether they ever get rerun?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Magus42 posted:

I started a break shortly after Dragonspine came out, so my cursed sword is only partially refined; has there been any chance since then to update that, or might it come around again later?

no rerun (yet?)
but there was another free-weapon event for a klee-themed book
and there will be one again in ~12 days for a fishing-themed spear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Sometimes Yoi gets tired of the lack of pyrotechnics in her skill and makes her own using locally available materials:
https://i.imgur.com/IB8UVoY.mp4
baby you're a fiiiiirrrrework....