Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Rubby posted:

3m SecureClick smiley [>^^<]

Edit have some crackleping
https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1428144892950237188?t=JOFtVuyv0TY0e3Sn_bt_oA&s=19
https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1428152956315123713?t=iJ401VeHaMfgQ3LCntc3qA&s=19

Tzen fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

drat, tried the fake name at a rite aid and they were not having it. wouldn’t give me the shot without photo ID

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

Didn't Florida recently change its reporting process to report deaths on the day they occurred, rather than the day the deaths were reported, making it so that the stats always show a dip in the last few days, because death reporting isn't instantaneous but rather takes a few days?

iirc it takes a few weeks, not days

florida also likes to do this fun thing where they report weekly deaths, but the new weekly count doesn't match the new total count. last week they reported 108 deaths for the week but the total deaths somehow went up by 1,071??

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Yeah there are stringent requirements for using n95s (annual fit testing and medical clearance) all mandated by OSHA regulation. Frankly I'm not sure how they could deny someone using it in an work activity that doesn't require it and thus not subject to OSHA regs. It's not like meeting the requirements would be difficult, it's just that they most certainly don't have any experience in doing it and the paradoxical liability of trying to figure it out and failing at it instead of just giving you no protection and letting you die to roni.

It's why there was such a stupid crisis early on where hospitals were refusing to allow staff to use their own masks or respirators. The letter of the law with OSHA is that it has to be supplied by the employer so they'd rather risk you getting covid from lack of ppe on their part than risk running afoul of OSHA by letting you use your own.

The first TB patient I picked up for a hospital transfer we rocked up to the floor and the nurse was like "what mask size do you need?" We're all, "oh I dunno maybe a large?"

Nurse: aren't you fit tested?

EMTs working for a private company: what tested? lol no

Did the transfer wearing whatever mask size felt right will all the windows down and got TB tests after. I love america.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

That embarrassing moment when you show up to the party and realizing you are wearing the same dress as another woman who wears it a lot better.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Kreeblah posted:

Yeah, the thing is, I was diagnosed with heart failure a few weeks before I turned 32. So, my medical bills have been pretty big (last I checked, my insurance company had paid out around $300k, under great protest), and my insurance company has been fighting me every step of the way, even when it costs them more in the end because I refused to give up fighting them on poo poo.

Anyway, there's a chance I could need a transplant at some point. If my insurance company thought there was even a chance that I'm immunocompromised, I have no doubt that they'd be doing their best to get me kicked off the transplant list.

then go the Max Titers route and claim it's your first jab. Copy the info onto your real vax card with your name on it if you need to

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Ornery and Hornery posted:

drat, tried the fake name at a rite aid and they were not having it. wouldn’t give me the shot without photo ID

Go to other pharmacies and try.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
friend of a friend in Cali just got sent home from a hospital in Ventura because it was full

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

When I was a 19 y/o college student, I would drive from one convenience store to the next trying to buy a case of Busch. If they tried to card me, I would pat my pockets, say "oops I left it in the car" and drive off to the next. Usually within 5 trips I would get lucky.

:)

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

It's amazing that they even care. Maybe they've been told to watch out for people trying to get illegitimate boosters? Still doesn't make sense though, the pharmacy gets paid anyway (right?)

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/florida-couple-arrested-in-hawaii-for-using-fake-vaccination-cards/

lol trying to use fake cards for 4 year olds. yep, two shots back when they were 18

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

brugroffil posted:

It was my wife's first day back in the classroom with students today.

On her way home, she got an email that she'll need to do hybrid teaching starting tomorrow as one of her students that was in class today will now be quarantining.

I'm sure the school has a robust and well-provisioned IT department to deal with 20 new classes having to go hybrid every other day lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hybrid is death for teachers. It’s the worst compromise

Just have some teachers do remote and some in person

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nocturtle posted:

It's amazing that they even care. Maybe they've been told to watch out for people trying to get illegitimate boosters? Still doesn't make sense though, the pharmacy gets paid anyway (right?)

it's just like any other job, some manager yells at them any time they gently caress up anything according to the byzantine corporate rules

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yeah my old job I got pulled into the managers office and she was telling about the state did contact tracing for an outpatient we did an mri on like 2 weeks ago that was actually positive for active TB at the time and I got a whole packet from the state and an order to get tested for TB if I wanted. I didn't bother since I'm tested annually and I wasn't even involved with the patient so it wasn't necessary. Still, I can't stop thinking about how we've had a century of hard learned experience with highly infectious airborne disease with TB and it all just got memory holed for covid because it's economically inconvenient.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1428048306048012294?s=20
https://twitter.com/CTULocal1/status/1428038458963079171?s=20

I can't believe the Republicans are putting educators and students in danger with bad COVID policies

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Is this new news to people? It was new to me.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/british-study-shows-covid-19-vaccine-efficacy-wanes-under-delta-2021-08-18/

Based on more than three million nose and throat swabs taken across Britain, the Oxford University study found that 90 days after a second shot of the Pfizer or Astrazeneca vaccine, their efficacy in preventing infections had slipped to 75% and 61% respectively.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

quote:

🎶Have some faith in Fauchi! 🎶

Fauchi is the new Ruth Bader Ginsburg, huh?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

90 days seems like a lot less than 6 months

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1428013287791284229?s=20

lol that the juiced Lollapalooza numbers are being used by people nationwide to twist the narrative

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
It’s 2021 and I am learning about CIA crimes against humanity on Tiktok:

CIA held fake vaccination drives in Pakistan hoping to find leads to Osama Bin Laden’s DNA

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2277145-cias-hunt-for-osama-bin-laden-fuelled-vaccine-hesitancy-in-pakistan/

When news of it broke, vaccine hesitancy in Pakistan grew 23-39%

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

Nocturtle posted:

lmao the crackdown on this was pretty rapid or i just got lucky

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Brock_toon/status/1428146415981711360?s=20
https://twitter.com/nytimesmusic/status/1428035209690234890?s=20

these people are dumber than Fred Durst

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

McCracAttack posted:

Fauchi is the new Ruth Bader Ginsburg, huh?

quick get him to officiate a wedding

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Captain Magic posted:

Is this new news to people? It was new to me.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/british-study-shows-covid-19-vaccine-efficacy-wanes-under-delta-2021-08-18/

Based on more than three million nose and throat swabs taken across Britain, the Oxford University study found that 90 days after a second shot of the Pfizer or Astrazeneca vaccine, their efficacy in preventing infections had slipped to 75% and 61% respectively.

not news to the thread, but yeah it hasn't been talked about much. basically the UK and Israeli vaccination data is all converging on the same rough number for delta of about 42-69% and dropping way lower after 6+ months

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hey that’s good news about palooza

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Steve Yun posted:

CIA held fake vaccination drives in Pakistan hoping to find leads to Osama Bin Laden’s DNA

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2277145-cias-hunt-for-osama-bin-laden-fuelled-vaccine-hesitancy-in-pakistan/

"Blowback? What blowback?" - The CIA, every time.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Steve Yun posted:

lol I still can't believe people are just now learning about this. I remember hearing about it in like 2012 or whatever and just being like "welp we're never loving eliminating another disease"

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I've been listening to Chance The Rapper's "Everybody's Something" and seeing those stories of those two parents dying feet away from each other in the ICU is making me feel some way

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
My friends school announced that mouthpieces on brass instruments count as masks so they can have full band practice (safely)

His wife reported them to the state board of education in hopes the school gets stripped of accreditation

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

mod sassinator posted:

not news to the thread, but yeah it hasn't been talked about much. basically the UK and Israeli vaccination data is all converging on the same rough number for delta of about 42-69% and dropping way lower after 6+ months

but hey 8 months lol

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

good tips!

second pharmacy shot me down

the hunt continues…

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

this guy's my fuckin hero

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Atrocious Joe posted:

these people are dumber than Fred Durst

self-reporting... the people who went to lollapalooza during the covid pandemic will definitely be happy to admit straight away that they got infected with covid

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Situation in Australia.... seems bad

So pure and innocent

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
what is the american endgame here? just keep things open until every single hospital in the nation is overwhelmed? and then what? What the gently caress are we doing

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

This country is so loving stupid it makes my blood boil
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1428160535749545987?s=20

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Casey Finnigan posted:

what is the american endgame here? just keep things open until every single hospital in the nation is overwhelmed? and then what? What the gently caress are we doing

death

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

good tips!

second pharmacy shot me down

the hunt continues…

The worst they can do is tell you to keep going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

Casey Finnigan posted:

Kill minorities, olds, and the rural surplus population mostly