Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

The most insufferable car / owner culture. Imagine him actually driving that thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

GoLambo posted:

every loving time with these dipshits.

you can smell it, i swear. there is a stench to this kind of careerist

What's his game plan here though, clearly this is burning a lot of goodwill in leftist spaces, is he going to be pivoting to the liberal establishment now, or what?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

What's his game plan here though, clearly this is burning a lot of goodwill in leftist spaces, is he going to be pivoting to the liberal establishment now, or what?

New cohost of Bad Faith

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

drat y'all still fall for this huh

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Mr. Lobe posted:

well right now he's king of an ash heap. i kinda think he panicked about losing some measure of control of his baby and in so doing managed to straight up kill the thing.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

Pretending to be English and Jewish, simply disgusting behavior

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

uber_stoat posted:

well right now he's king of an ash heap. i kinda think he panicked about losing some measure of control of his baby and in so doing managed to straight up kill the thing.

Seems like a hell of a blunder though, in the absence of any fallback plan. Maybe I'm overestimating how canny you have to be to get into a position like his

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Countdown to Nathan J Robinson announcing his Substack

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

BGrifter posted:

Countdown to Nathan J Robinson announcing his Onlyfans

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1428062286845911043?s=20

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I was subscribed to Current Affairs for a bit back in 2017 maybe? I thought the articles were mostly good and the magazine itself was very pretty with lots of nice illustrations. I remember the run up to the 2020 election - NJR interviewed the woman that Biden sexually assaulted.

Then when Bernie dropped out he started writing articles “Biden is better than Trump! Yes he’s a rapist but vote for him anyway!”

And I just tuned the magazine completely out after that.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1428063405127061511?s=20

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

jesusdasupajew never misses

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
i feel so bad for those writers who panicked suddenly upon realizing upward mobility wasn't available at the Jacobin

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shipon posted:

jesusdasupajew never misses

He did it to James Lindsay and Linsday legit melted down over it and kept tagging Twitter Support lmao

https://twitter.com/jesusdersupajew/status/1412162592529797150?s=20

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BKWelles/status/1428105778691444741

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
lmao

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/petersterne/status/1428120401360601089

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
How the gently caress do you sustain that level of drip on 45K a year?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I mean, he's probably right in the sense that CA is done after this

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Nathan L Robinson

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

lol you loser, nobody would have been mad if you were like "everyone makes the same, we're gonna be as egalitarian as we can but I'm steering this ship"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Related content

https://twitter.com/jackmirkinson/status/1428095598125883398?s=21

Basically no one respects writers less than editors or the people in charge of the writer’s guild

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Groovelord Neato posted:

I tried doing that but it didn't work. Also if you never parried you missed out on the best combat in video gaming.
I've done a lot of playthroughs with parries since and I agree. That said I've never got the hang of parrying in any Dark Souls and opt for the no shield dodging style. Though parrying isn't as necessary in them anyway.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Pharmaskittle posted:

lol you loser, nobody would have been mad if you were like "everyone makes the same, we're gonna be as egalitarian as we can but I'm steering this ship"

isnt this literally what he did and people are mad anyway?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Mr. Grinch posted:

isnt this literally what he did and people are mad anyway?

I haven't really dug into it much but it sounds to me like he fired a bunch of people who were dumb enough to talk to him, their boss, about unionizing. nobody comes off looking very savvy unless I'm missing something.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

"This organization has been heading slowly for some sort of reckoning where it was going to have to be made clear once and for all what kind of authority I wanted to have over it. And I was in denial about the fact that the answer is I think I should be on top of the org chart, with everyone else selected my me and reporting to me."

how could you stay mad at this man

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Farm Frenzy posted:

how could you stay mad at this man

He killed the Kung Fu panda's whole family, how could you not?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pharmaskittle posted:

I haven't really dug into it much but it sounds to me like he fired a bunch of people who were dumb enough to talk to him, their boss, about unionizing. nobody comes off looking very savvy unless I'm missing something.

Not unionizing but restructuring as a co-op

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

call me nathan j the way I've been robin 'em /
it's a current affair if my bitch start a union /
when she lick my nuts I say she's been succin dem /
coop a hoe, get top in the whip again

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Like most Nathan J Robinson things it's too many words so I will not be reading it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sucks because Current Affairs was good and Robinson writes great takedowns of folks like Shapino and Peterson.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1262268575559147521

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

"This organization has been heading slowly for some sort of reckoning where it was going to have to be made clear once and for all what kind of authority I wanted to have over it. And I was in denial about the fact that the answer is I think I should be on top of the org chart, with everyone else selected my me and reporting to me."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XggUCi1jtz0

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

Built on immoral grounds when the I in ibew stands for infedility

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

Sucks because Current Affairs was good and Robinson writes great takedowns of folks like Shapino and Peterson.

His take on the Zizek vs. Peterson debate was terrible. Like most squishy leftists he's okay at talking poo poo about right-wingers and their failures, but infantile when it comes to actually advocating a left position.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sleeptalker posted:

His take on the Zizek vs. Peterson debate was terrible. Like most squishy leftists he's okay at talking poo poo about right-wingers and their failures, but infantile when it comes to actually advocating a left position.

I skipped any article that wasn't making GBS threads on Charles Murray or Steven Pinker.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo they uploaded a cushvlog to youtube within a day of the stream.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Writing a “great takedown” is probably the most worthless and self-serving thing you can do in terms of writing though. Epic posting about how Jorp is a hypocrite or how Smol Ben is disingenuously obtuse is not moving the needle on anything anywhere, it’s not changing anyone’s mind, it’s just creating mindless content to drive clicks and engagement and ultimately continue to draw attention towards the subject.

Like, when David Roth writes a funny article about Trump’s sweaty steaks or a baseball player’s rancid politics, he is explicitly taking the low road and making fun of them for being gross and stupid, but he’s not ever trying to take the high road and make it about how he is smarter or has better beliefs or ideology than they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
To be fair, much of his writing about Murray and Shapiro is not about what pieces of poo poo they are, but about the structure that they're a part of. (That is, the right-wing interests that pay their speaking fees, astroturf orgs like TPUSA, scream about free speech, and have no interest in debate.)