Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bust Rodd posted:

I would prefer a PvP focused game mode with PvE elements to a PvE game mode with PvP elements

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I doubt it would be straight up BR PUBG style, like parachuting in, shrinking circle etc. but a large scale, squad based PVPVE mode would be the perfect fit for TLOU. Games like Tarkov and Hunt showdown are conceptually great imo they just aren't very polished and they are too hardcore and fiddly for my liking. I'm really not attached to the trappings of BR, but the core of it is having this huge map and a squad of friends vs everything else. Which is dope.

My ideal TLOU 2 fantasy multi (for some hypothetical large scale mode I'd still want traditional modes in there)

Spawn on a large map, much like the one that was data mined above, with a squad of 3 or 4 or whatever
Fill the map with all sorts of zombies from the game.
Spawn 4 or 5 other teams
Set objectives around the map you have to fight the other teams over
Either extract or have some distinct way to win via an objective or whatever
Ditch BR looting. let people Let people used their preferred loadouts. Looting still can be a thing. Ammo, meta currency, in round currency for armor and weapon upgrades etc...Just an incentive to explore
Then just let everyone fight each other.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

the leaks show a multiplayer Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 kind of deal. i'm sure they're up to something where successive survival matches change with conditions, which sounds awesome because it's basically bringing the meta 12 weeks thing into alignment with actual gameplay rather than just set dressing

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCCgf2YqV6M

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Playing with you guys is genuinely tough, but at least it's always possible to shiv one of you in the face. Playing a pub game tho :psyduck: it's like playing against wizards. Everyone has 45 molotovs and can hit me with an assault rifle through walls

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

watch the whole vid if you haven't already

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FoTy5JPP00

acksplode
May 17, 2004

On TLOU Day 2021 the Storm will begin. Loyal hunters among the public and the rank-and-file at Naughty Dog will arrest Neil Druckmann and the rest of the tourist studio leadership who have suppressed Factions 2.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

to the shroom gulag with them all

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

A5 wag me beef

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9sNJhprh3U

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

I didn't make it to the last two sessions, and this vid made me realize me how much I miss it. Hype as gently caress for tomorrow now :hai:

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism
Hype promises fulfilled :haibrow:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Tourism.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Puzzles

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7_n_D8baHc

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s not real.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

auspace you are the first person imma do this to

edit; in the meantime i'll do this to you next tues

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 2, 2021

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Factions 2 manifestation post: I see your smoke bomb (OP bricks/bottles are correctly still left out) and immediately L1 lunge out of its effective radius, simultaneously equipping my bow and explosive arrow, aimed and ready to turn you into a light mist as you rush. Then we hop over to the co-op dog wave shooter mode for a bit.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

acksplode posted:

Factions 2 manifestation post: I see your smoke bomb (OP bricks/bottles are correctly still left out) and immediately L1 lunge out of its effective radius, simultaneously equipping my bow and explosive arrow, aimed and ready to turn you into a light mist as you rush. Then we hop over to the co-op dog wave shooter mode for a bit.

behold! a paleblood mist!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wanted to play but was too busy realizing that my car tires cost $500 a piece and sitting in a waiting room trying to enjoy my switch while also realizing I don't enjoy 2d mario games at all anymore or being a person playing a switch in public.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
When factions 2 finally comes out... well. Let us just say this thread is going to pop off like the clicker from the rat king.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

I wanted to play but was too busy realizing that my car tires cost $500 a piece and sitting in a waiting room trying to enjoy my switch while also realizing I don't enjoy 2d mario games at all anymore or being a person playing a switch in public.

Wut car do u drive that the tyres are that expensive?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just a regular rear end toyota but they came stock with run flats which are expensive as hell.

and 500 was the most expensive option I was being dramatic. I went with the cheapest one which was still goddamn $300 a tire.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Just a regular rear end toyota but they came stock with run flats which are expensive as hell.

and 500 was the most expensive option I was being dramatic. I went with the cheapest one which was still goddamn $300 a tire.

1200 for tyres is still a ton of tyre.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Preaching to the choir on that one.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

I would ditch the run flats personally and put normal tyres on there. That is my opinion as a professional mechanic

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I cannot wait to perfectly flute an exploding arrow underneath a car that one of you is hiding under and turning your sneaky rear end into tomato paste, Factions 2 FACTIONS 22222

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Full packmaster build. No weapons, just dogs and dog augments.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
If I can reprise my combat medic kit, then I am forming the Sorry Squad. We will win and destroy all, but we will apologise for doing so. :hai:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kazzah posted:

Full packmaster build. No weapons, just dogs and dog augments.

An unbearable build right here. I would never hurt a dog

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
They should remake Crash Bash with Last of Us characters

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TLOU kart racing when

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Fast of Us

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ellie for Smash

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

fridge corn posted:

I would ditch the run flats personally and put normal tyres on there. That is my opinion as a professional mechanic

Neither here nor there and I'm not a professional mechanic, but even after a pop, a tow, and a new tire, you're still probably spending less than $300 a tire. Do you live in the loving outback with your Toyota Camry?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Tourism.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

fridge corn posted:

The problem is that they came stock on my RAV4, so it doesn't have a place for a spare. It doesn't have that mount on the back like most of them. I could very well put regular tires on there, but then I'd have to just stick a spare in back of the car which would suck rear end because I use that space all of the time.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

veni veni veni posted:

The problem is that they came stock on my RAV4, so it doesn't have a place for a spare. It doesn't have that mount on the back like most of them. I could very well put regular tires on there, but then I'd have to just stick a spare in back of the car which would suck rear end because I use that space all of the time.

No spare, get Triple A.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Tbh youd be better off with just a can of that liquid latex gunk and a mini 12v air compressor, which is all you get anyway with a lot of cars these days, even those that didnt come equipped with run flat tyres.

Run flat tyres are not an alternative to a proper spare wheel. They're only meant to help you limp to a destination where you can get it repaired and if you've driven on it "flat" for any significant length of time the tyre is binned anyway. Theres nothing clever or special about run flat tyres, they're just ordinary tyres with really stiff sidewalls which has the unfortunate side effect of making your car ride like poo poo when you run them

They're a stupid expensive gimmick I'm afraid