Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Fulham just need the MJ statue back, front and centre. It would fit their fate of being doomed to an eternity of bad owners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If I were a billionaire owner of a soccer club i would simply buy all the best players from around the world and have them play in my team.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I haven't plaid a lot of football manager, but I've played enough to recognize this rhetorical trap.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/OfficialEGO/status/1428022156101922826

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i mean i don't suggest suing Vegeta, nah

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Technically I think Vegeta would be protected by crown immunity.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I don't follow football of any sort but is Enfield Town higher or lower ranked than Cardiff City FC, I need to know where Super Furry Animals rate in the sponsor power levels.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

I don't follow football of any sort but is Enfield Town higher or lower ranked than Cardiff City FC, I need to know where Super Furry Animals rate in the sponsor power levels.

A lot lower

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

This is sort of like sponsoring a single A or rookie ball minor league baseball team

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1126307735446769665

he'll yeah

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

forkboy84 posted:

Enfield are probably a less shambolic club than Fulham tbh. Khans probably need to stick to wrestling as they seem bad at real sports.

I actually like Enfield Town, as I really support the idea of fan-owned clubs. So I'm mostly just making fun of WWE here.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Edge & Christian posted:

Cardiff are in tier 2.

Enfield Town are in tier 7 and at that point its a bunch of semi-pro teams.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Tony should have the Jags wear AEW badges just to flex on vince

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MrBling posted:

Cardiff are in tier 2.

Enfield Town are in tier 7 and at that point its a bunch of semi-pro teams.

that's too many leagues. you can't have that many!!

edit:
altho i guess its like that in america with the MLB farm system and poo poo. if you love baseball god there's so much poo poo for you to follow

smarxist fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 19, 2021

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Super Furry Animals >>>> NXT UK, good to know!

After all they accurately predicted Vince McMahon's attitude towards NXT UK decades ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h6icgaSUCo

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Aug 19, 2021

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I enjoy these two different follow-ups:

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1126308089303425024
https://twitter.com/HannonCommaSean/status/1128781550332665856

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Seams posted:

If I were a billionaire owner of a soccer club i would simply buy all the best players from around the world and have them play in my team.

I would sign them all but have most of them spend their time playing in Florida rec leagues and running drills in a warehouse all day.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Edge & Christian posted:

Hell, Goldie Looking Chain are higher than NXT UK in the sponsor power levels

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

Technically I think Vegeta would be protected by crown immunity.

Also being married to the richest person on the planet.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mfcrocker posted:

Hell, Goldie Looking Chain are higher than NXT UK in the sponsor power levels

that streets album from 2020 whipped tho

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This is the entire NXT UK roster minus WALTER isn't it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Vince stifling creativity once again!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Endless Mike posted:

This is the entire NXT UK roster minus WALTER isn't it

You're having a chuckle, but NXT UK has about 40 people, and I don't hear about it having waves of releases. Working theory is that Vince has forgotten they exist.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

You're having a chuckle, but NXT UK has about 40 people, and I don't hear about it having waves of releases. Working theory is that Vince has forgotten they exist.
They're supposedly taking advantage of government benefits for Corona right now that have the government paying 80% of their wages. You might see people getting released when that runs out.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Oh yeah, that makes sense.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

smarxist posted:

edit:
altho i guess its like that in america with the MLB farm system and poo poo. if you love baseball god there's so much poo poo for you to follow

Basically all the football leagues in the UK from the premier league down to a bunch of lads from your local pub signed up to the local Sunday league team can be in the same pyramid system. My brother plays for a team that if they were to be promoted for something stupid like fifteen years in a row would end up in the Premier League.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Lamuella posted:

I actually like Enfield Town, as I really support the idea of fan-owned clubs. So I'm mostly just making fun of WWE here.

Absolutely this, and also non-league football is way more fun to watch in person than league football. Awful players who love slide tackles, stands with no rain coverage, the ball bobbling multiple times on a simple pass because the pitch is so poo poo, being allowed to take your drink to your seat, being allowed to drink full stop, all good stuff.

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 19, 2021

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

smarxist posted:

edit:

that's not even HALF the divisions in the English pyramid

source: me, who once took a team from the 22nd or 23rd level and promoted then al lthe way to the Premier League in Football Manager

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

They’re virtually all signed for contracts that are barely above minimum wage in the UK, so it can be funded entirely by loose change HHH finds in sofa cushions and the pockets of clothes he forgot to check before washing.

Only half of this post is hyperbole.

Pylons posted:

They're supposedly taking advantage of government benefits for Corona right now that have the government paying 80% of their wages. You might see people getting released when that runs out.

This would only apply to people they aren’t actively using, as in this person would have to just be sat at home not doing anything that could remotely be considered work. They can’t even answer work emails or talk about work beyond “am I coming back to work yet, no, ok speak to you again later”.

I don’t watch NXT UK because nobody watches NXT UK so I don’t know what their current crop of on air wrestlers looks like. They could be using tons of people but if they’re just using the same 6 people every show like raw and smackdown it’ll likely be in order to maximise their furlough benefits. Or just be bad booking as usual I guess.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 19, 2021

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
The wrestling sim equivalent is taking a promotion from backyard to global in extreme warfare revenge

Couldn't have done it without my franchise player Scoot Andrews

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

beggar posted:

The wrestling sim equivalent is taking a promotion from backyard to global in extreme warfare revenge

Couldn't have done it without my franchise player Scoot Andrews

Scoot "New Boot Goofin'" Andrews

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Let’s Go Scott Aw Dangit

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

stab posted:

that's not even HALF the divisions in the English pyramid

source: me, who once took a team from the 22nd or 23rd level and promoted then al lthe way to the Premier League in Football Manager

Did you hit the point where you were standing in another room when you got a touchline ban?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Absolutely this, and also non-league football is way more fun to watch in person than league football. Awful players who love slide tackles, stands with no rain coverage, the ball bobbling multiple times on a simple pass because the pitch is so poo poo, being allowed to take your drink to your seat, being allowed to drink full stop, all good stuff.

Jumpers for goalposts, isn't it?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

History Comes Inside! posted:

I don’t watch NXT UK because nobody watches NXT UK so I don’t know what their current crop of on air wrestlers looks like. They could be using tons of people but if they’re just using the same 6 people every show like raw and smackdown it’ll likely be in order to maximise their furlough benefits. Or just be bad booking as usual I guess.

According to the one podcast I listen to that covers them, they're actually putting on an enjoyable one hour show with some very good matches right now. Apparently the A-Kid vs Devlin feud has been really excellent.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Last I checked Devlin shouldn’t be near any kids

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Sigma posted:

devlin wasnt a child abuser, just a normal abuser

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
So he shouldn't be let near any people then.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

forkboy84 posted:

Khans probably need to stick to wrestling as they seem bad at real sports.

tony khan cut timmy tebow himself rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sigma posted:

Check again