Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

blue maga is real and they've been going wild since January.

They did what the Daily Show told them to do, orange bad man is gone, and they want their reward right fuckin now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

empty whippet box posted:

why the gently caress would an actual doctor take ivermectin. how the gently caress could anyone be so loving stupid.

doctors don't necessarily know anything about medicine they just have to memorize a bunch of books

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
PA with the first +3k day in a while.

Serf posted:

gently caress dress codes in general, but one of the big benefits of working from home for me was that i could wear shorts all day and take my prosthetic leg off. did wonders for taking care of the skin on my stump

Fair enough.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

had my first patient requesting me i write a letter stating she doesn't have to get the covid vaccination because of her history of seizures.

messaged back that "There is currently no indication in the literature or your past medical history that would exempt you from receiving any of the covid vaccinations."

also she asked me to fax it to her place of work. She works at a nursing home

lol

lmao

get jabbed bitch

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
All that chat about TB protocols from earlier got me thinking... now that our society has normalized ideas like "communicable diseases aren't real" and "quarantines and PPE are a violation of MUH HIPPO RIGHTS", any attempts to enforce the old TB rules are going to be met immediately with a horde of screaming chuds and eventually ruled unconstitutional by the supreme court

Tuberculosis is back baby!!!!!

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Florida???? Georgia???

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fosborb posted:

name the one thing that will absolutely ensure republican governors double down on their stupidity

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

loving :lmao:

Those governors are going to frame them and put them on the wall in their offices and use them for campaign ads.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Der Meister posted:

Florida???? Georgia???

sorry they only have so many letters in them

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost
I don't have much experience w pediatrics but generally they try not to let children die from single organ failure. Whereas some old person w multiple comorbidities who gets pneumonia .. You might have 'the talk' w the POA and withdraw care if they're unlikely to survive/recover. But not w kids so if they can't "move the meat" pediatric kids are just gonna pile up in the PICUs

Adult covid patients were already notable for languishing for weeks, too 'well' to die and too sick for Trach/extubate, compared w most acute resp failure patients. So I think an inability to clear accumulated admissions, rather than sheer influx of numbers, could be what leads to bigly death numbers

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Der Meister posted:

Florida???? Georgia???

They get the most extreme punishment: the feds will pay your teachers and school administrators

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Vermont update for 8/19

169 new cases (99 new cases yesterday)
21 currently hospitalized (-8 from yesterday)
9 in ICU (no change)
1 new deaths

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

LionArcher posted:

I just had a birthday and bought a bunch of clothes.

it was all new lounge wear because I know I’m not leaving the house for another year.

Where'd you grab it? I'm after some nightgowns with pockets because gently caress it, I can go that low here on the farm.

that is awful acting

do they wanna slap their wrist while they're at it

Serf
May 5, 2011

Forseti posted:

They get the most extreme punishment: the feds will pay your teachers and school administrators

i like that this sets the precedent for the federal government to pay for things that the state government won't. 1 weird trick to own your opponents when they're in office

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ice Phisherman posted:

I expect empty platitudes from politicians and eventually some politician is going to get attacked by an angry parent. Perhaps shot or at least shot at. But I don't expect thousands of children to just get shuffled underneath the rug. As a mass we're pretty jaded but the personal tragedies are going to radicalize at least a few people towards violence.

Someone else said that nothing happened after Sandy Hook. I say that it's hard to retaliate against a lone wolf shooter. Even though there are communities that essentially mint new "lone wolves", though obviously not always. But decisions made by government that kill this many children? People already hate government and they have a wide variety of targets to choose from. Also the dead at Sandy Hook were 27 children. The dead will likely number in the thousands. So this will become a numbers game.

So you have many potential targets of an identifiable group of people in government and far more aggrieved people who will possible be radicalized or who are already radicalized. And radicalization happens a lot easier now that people are more often stuck at home with access to the internet.

I expect violence against people in government.

i like reading your speculative fiction about a country where people care about things before lmaoing and remembering which timeline we actually live in, where sandy hook parents think their own children are crisis actors

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I still dress every day for work like I always did. Except safety shoes.

1. When I do have to go in I can just change shoes and leave.

2. This helps me separate work and not work.

3. Who tf had uncomfortable work clothes in the first place? Why would you own uncomfortable clothes?

My work clothes were reasonably comfortable but not as comfortable as shorts and a tshirt.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Hahahaha, I'm dying here.

Hmmmm... do I do what the mob threatening to shoot me and my family wants or do I go with the guy citing a demented old man's statement on civil rights?

God drat liberals are loving dumb

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
apparently TX, FL and GA already got letters about school masks

seeing the success there, the Biden admin has decided to do the same thing 6 more times

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

FINALLLY

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

What the gently caress is even the point of the federal government if they refuse to do anything to address anything the states do to try and murder their own citizens.

Serf
May 5, 2011

covid could kill a million kids and it wouldn't move anyone to do anything

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Thoguh posted:

What the gently caress is even the point of the federal government if they refuse to do anything to address anything the states do to try and murder their own citizens.

If you put the words in exactly the right order, the local government has no choice but to do what you say.

It's like Rumpelstiltskin

Edit: :discourse: on the new thread title

Forseti fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 19, 2021

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Guess who's staying underground bro

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

had my first patient requesting me i write a letter stating she doesn't have to get the covid vaccination because of her history of seizures.

messaged back that "There is currently no indication in the literature or your past medical history that would exempt you from receiving any of the covid vaccinations."

also she asked me to fax it to her place of work. She works at a nursing home

lol

lmao

get jabbed bitch

oh my god

my hideous disaster of an ex-wife is a nurse and even she has her head screwed on right about this

the gently caress is wrong with people

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

capitalist tricks to take your money and your life

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

whatever happened to that covid-24 michael bay movie?

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Der Meister posted:

Florida???? Georgia???

Sleepy Joe and the Dems are too pussy to send even a mean letter to potential swing states

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Thoguh posted:

wealth extraction and funneling op

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Wamsutta posted:

all clothing which isn't gym clothing is by default uncomfortable. having to tuck a shirt in is violence. gently caress office attire forever

u havent lived until you've worn bib overalls with a flannel shirt when it's just a little cold but not sweater weather

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Gio posted:

whatever happened to that covid-24 michael bay movie?

overtaken by events

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ice Phisherman posted:

I expect empty platitudes from politicians and eventually some politician is going to get attacked by an angry parent. Perhaps shot or at least shot at. But I don't expect thousands of children to just get shuffled underneath the rug. As a mass we're pretty jaded but the personal tragedies are going to radicalize at least a few people towards violence.

Someone else said that nothing happened after Sandy Hook. I say that it's hard to retaliate against a lone wolf shooter. Even though there are communities that essentially mint new "lone wolves", though obviously not always. But decisions made by government that kill this many children? People already hate government and they have a wide variety of targets to choose from. Also the dead at Sandy Hook were 27 children. The dead will likely number in the thousands. So this will become a numbers game.

So you have many potential targets of an identifiable group of people in government and far more aggrieved people who will possible be radicalized or who are already radicalized. And radicalization happens a lot easier now that people are more often stuck at home with access to the internet.

I expect violence against people in government.

It's going to be qanon people shooting up hospitals because nothing good will come of this demon cracker nation or its people

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

lol

fosborb posted:

apparently TX, FL and GA already got letters about school masks

seeing the success there, the Biden admin has decided to do the same thing 6 more times

lmao

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

OK baizuo posted:

It's going to be qanon people shooting up hospitals because nothing good will come of this demon cracker nation or its people

Has anyone tried sending qanon a sternly worded letter yet?

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

Anyone else feel grateful for getting covid?

quote:

Okay hear me out - I was fully vaccinated with moderna back in may. I work in the service industry and we basically stopped wearing masks months ago. Everyone at my work is vaccinated, I wasn’t worried about covid AT ALL. I’m a healthy 32yo man.

On 8/2 I woke up with a 102 fever, got a rapid test, positive, confirmed with a PCR the next day. I woke up with that 102 fever and feeling like I got hit with a Mac truck for the next 9 days in a row. I had the full gauntlet of symptoms.. smell/taste loss, gastrointestinal issues, body aches, sweats, cough, headache etc., everything. Luckily I already had a pulse oximeter at home, so when my cough got bad I started monitoring my oxygen sat. Day 10 I woke up and couldn’t get my o2 saturation above 90. Dropped to 72 after a quick shower, and I woke up my roommate to rush me to the ER.

I have never gotten a room at the hospital so fast haha. 5 minutes and I had oxygen and an IV and a team of doctors around my bed, all trying to figure out why I was so ill although vaccinated. Still don’t know why. Everyone’s best guess is a family history of lung issues + contracting the delta variant.

I was hospitalized for 5 days. They gave me the full treatment: steroids, remdesivir, regeneron, O2, etc. it was unclear which direction I’d go for the first two days, and then I finally turned the corner and my lung function started improving around day 3. I was so loving relieved. I’ve never been that seriously ill. Never even been hospitalized prior.

I got out on Monday morning and the only thing I can compare the feeling to is getting out of jail. I’m filled with this overwhelming sense of gratitude just to be free and healthy and well. I’m still on oxygen, and likely will be for a week or so yet, but I’m free! I can walk and take deep breath’s and hug my friends and put my feet in the ocean and sit in the sand and sun.

I truly feel like I have a new lease on life. I’m so grateful to have had this experience with covid, and recovered, so that I could have a new perspective and renewed enthusiasm for my unbelievably fortunate life. Thanks entirely to my amazing team of doctors and nurses at the VA hospital who not only nursed me back to health but kept me calm and comfortable and content to the best of their ability. You guys were the real MVPs.

Anyways, I just felt the need to share. I sincerely hope that all of you who are currently struggling heal fast and well. Stay positive and trust your doctors. All the love and well-wishes from this stranger.

Thank You, Lord Jesus, For Giving Me Covid

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

osprey posted:

Anyone else feel grateful for getting covid?

Thank You, Lord Jesus, For Giving Me Covid

That's not sputum, it's victory butter!

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I dont like how we have moved the battleground to masks. Even if by some miracle we got mandatory masks in schools nationwide it would only be one boxed checked out of about 5 that should be required before even thinking about schools opening.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

okay so…

1000 deaths a day (bullshit low fake estimate because no one is bothering to actually count, more like 1500 a day if you ask me)

if we do nothing which is what we’re doing…

30,000 death from covid this month
300,000 in a year. if delta were to not change anything about its rate of spread, which we know will actually increase as more people get infected

plus what, the same again per month for heart attacks etc, that can’t be treated?
so like ~600,000?1mil

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
I hope the letter they sent to Florida used simple English

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

quote:

I can walk and take deep breath’s and hug my friends and put my feet in the ocean and sit in the sand and sun.

YOU JUST ALMOST DIED BECAUSE OF THIS ONE WHAT THE HELL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

is this supposed to be good or bad, i think it's great