Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

He’s apparently made nice with Kathleen Kennedy. Makes sense that the Rangers show could be repurposed for this. Good on him, I’m definitely interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

He didn't sue Disney and they'll obviously never say it but they have to know the sequel trilogy was a disaster so there probably aren't hard feelings about him saying so (long after it isn't commercially impactful).

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
If anything a Finn series could recast the Sequel Trilogy in a better light, kinda how Clone Wars made the Prequels better.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I will always say gently caress Disney for what they did to Finn. What an absolute waste of raw potential for an amazing character arc for loving space horses on a spaceship. I hope this is true.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Bismuth posted:

You dont care about any of anakin, ahsoka, ezra, sabine, luke, leia, boba, omega (probably) or rey?

I struggle to give a poo poo about characters who appear to be like 40 but act like teens, I think they'd be more fun if they actually looked the part or we got to see what clones were like at that age. Technically the oldest clones are only 13 at the end of the war and should look more like 26 than the age they do in the show, and none of them have more than 3 years of battle experience since attack of the clones took place in 22BBY and order 66/bad batch is in 19BBY

I started caring about Anakin when he stopped acting like a teenager. Ahsoka's amazing character turnaround happened when she matured. Ezra was the least interesting part of Rebels. (which was close, he was neck-and neck with Zeb for that) Luke was the least interesting part of the OT, and neither Leia nor Sabine really read as a teenagers. Rey was the least interesting part of the sequels. Who gave one single gently caress about teen Boba?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I've actually wound up watching a bunch of Clone Wars in the wake of finally catching up on the new things, and here's something that's relevant to what the thread was talking about earlier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBpoZH6U1tY&t=163s

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Madurai posted:

neither Leia nor Sabine really read as a teenagers.
Yeah Sabine has way too much backstory and is hypercompetent in too many fields for her age. Or possibly any age. She's not a great character.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Ezra, Luke and Ahsoka all get way better when they stop acting like teenagers. And even then, none of the characters listed act like 2020's teenagers as described in that Tumblr or whatever post.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Dude probably saw Loki and thought if he could parlay a show's success into a leading role for a major motion picture, things would be rosy for him.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Burning_Monk posted:

If anything a Finn series could recast the Sequel Trilogy in a better light, kinda how Clone Wars made the Prequels better.

Maybe we could finally see something about the stormtrooper resistance they kinda hinted they were going for before they decided to piss everything good away for the loving mess Rise of Skywalker was.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I dislike how Disney treated Boyega, but I don't feel like it'll translate into wanting to watch a sequel-series even if it stars him. The sequel trilogy left such a sour taste that I'd rather not be reminded that it exists at this point.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
I'm game.

I loved the prequels and TCW and BB severely and incredibly supplement them. Ahsokas story to me is almost as exciting to me as the complete story of Anakin. The CW finale and her confrontation with Vader are Rebels are so good!

I think the sequels are awful from start to finish. And yet the mere suggestion that Nala Se being conscripted by the new Empire and the remnant Empires scientific interest in Grogu might be related to Snoke and Palapatine and now the possibilty of something interesting with Finn is personally enough for me to see if Lucasfilm can turn steaming three piles of crap into flowers.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
On Star Wars dot com it is apparently been posted that Snoke is a direct clone of Palpatine that wasn’t powerful enough to hold Palp’s power and that’s why he’s so deformed. But he had the most potential of any clone at that point so Palpatine used him. I have not verified this.

Also I actually liked The Force Awakens and thought it was a good movie. I thought Starkiller base was a little over the top and silly but it was a good set up for what could have been a good trilogy. I would be down with them reshooting episodes 8 & 9. Especially if they wouldn’t kill of Luke and he and Rey kill the Emporer together.

Also the old meme of “how many times do we have to teach you this lesson old man” really hits hard when Palpatine can’t seem to learn to loving stop force lightning when it is loving kill you.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
They should just film an epilogue for episode 9 where Luke wakes up at the Jedi temple from a wicked nightmare and young Kyle runs in to see what’s wrong and Luke tells him about his hosed up Emperor nightmares from The War over a cold blue tiddy milk and about working through your fears in a mature way.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I know it doesn’t make sense what with R2 and the metal hand and whatnot, but I’d find it very funny if the person who picked up Grogu at the end of Mando S2 was actually Luuke just bringing him back into the Empire’s clutches.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Bismuth posted:

Excuse the tumblr writing style since thats where (i think) this came from but I would have liked it better like this

Just keep their writing exactly the same but they're younger clones. Tbh always seemed weird that we got to see exactly 3 ages of clone: adult, pre-teen, fetus, despite them apparently being in non-stop production for years. I would have liked a 16-18yo appearing BB, i feel like it would fit their writing even better, especially their levels of cockiness and naiveté

I hate every single word of this.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Anita Dickinme posted:

On Star Wars dot com it is apparently been posted that Snoke is a direct clone of Palpatine that wasn’t powerful enough to hold Palp’s power and that’s why he’s so deformed. But he had the most potential of any clone at that point so Palpatine used him. I have not verified this.

Also I actually liked The Force Awakens and thought it was a good movie. I thought Starkiller base was a little over the top and silly but it was a good set up for what could have been a good trilogy. I would be down with them reshooting episodes 8 & 9. Especially if they wouldn’t kill of Luke and he and Rey kill the Emporer together.

Also the old meme of “how many times do we have to teach you this lesson old man” really hits hard when Palpatine can’t seem to learn to loving stop force lightning when it is loving kill you.

Luke gets to achieve apotheosis with the Force and go out like Obi-Wan. Don't keep trying to take that away from him.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Mark Hamill has repeatedly stated that Luke didn't die, he teleported himself to a nudist planet.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F-6h50Y3q8

Not to harp on Filoni too much but it's really hard not to read a frenzied backpedaling in "fundamentally, Star Wars should make you feel good"

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 19, 2021

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Stoked for Visions. The trailer looked great. Gives me some serious Animatrix-like vibes.

howe_sam posted:

I skipped Bad Batch because I just don't really care that much about clones, but Visions looks dope and I'll definitely be checking it out.

I implore you to watch Bad Batch, it will make you care about clones. In fact, just watch the Clone Wars while you're at it.

Care about clones.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Anita Dickinme posted:

I thought Starkiller base was a little over the top and silly but it was a good set up for what could have been a good trilogy.

Starkiller itself would have been a lot more meaningful if it's relationship to Ilum was a thing that was clearly established in the movie in some way. Now it's just a retcon that's being added back into canon in various stories. Have Hux gloat about how the Jedi came there to find crystals for their sabers, and now the planet itself has been turned into a weapon to strike back against the Republic's ideals, etc.. Would make it something more than just random super-weapon planet.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Madurai posted:

Luke gets to achieve apotheosis with the Force and go out like Obi-Wan. Don't keep trying to take that away from him.

I still believe he should have been able to kill the emperor again and have the good ol, “stay dead this time” line. But maybe after he could die of the big sad like his mom and sister. :cheeky:

Teek posted:

Starkiller itself would have been a lot more meaningful if it's relationship to Ilum was a thing that was clearly established in the movie in some way. Now it's just a retcon that's being added back into canon in various stories. Have Hux gloat about how the Jedi came there to find crystals for their sabers, and now the planet itself has been turned into a weapon to strike back against the Republic's ideals, etc.. Would make it something more than just random super-weapon planet.

This alone would have made it so much better for me.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Nothing had any context in that movie.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Pretty sure that was a revalation unique to Fallen Order and wasn't actually part of the plan for TFA anyways. It was just "Hoth but Death Star!"

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Cross-Section posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F-6h50Y3q8

Not to harp on Filoni too much but it's really hard not to read a frenzied backpedaling in "fundamentally, Star Wars should make you feel good"

I get what you’re saying, but Star Wars should be about making you feel good, about the good guy winning even in the face of overwhelming odds. That’s its lane. I voraciously consume cynical, existentially troubling content as much as the next aging millennial and absolutely poo poo on forced earnestness and schmaltz, but Star Wars should be about making you feel good about being good and believe in doing the right thing. Which is why it is so aggravating when done poorly.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Arquinsiel posted:

Pretty sure that was a revalation unique to Fallen Order and wasn't actually part of the plan for TFA anyways. It was just "Hoth but Death Star!"

Yeah, it's unlikely that it came from the movie, but it was something that's been theorized since TFA-era galaxy maps were published that had the base roughly in the same place as Ilum had been previously.
Pablo Hidalgo or someone else might have had the idea early on, but concept art for the base didn't have a specific planetary biome, and they seem to have settled on Not Hoth because of a piece of concept art JJ liked featuring a Jedi/Sith duel at night in a snowy forest.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Only tangentially related, but the Disney+ show Monsters at Work did a Wampa cave scene in Episode 7 “Adorable Returns” that I thought was funny.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Marsupial Ape posted:

I get what you’re saying, but Star Wars should be about making you feel good, about the good guy winning even in the face of overwhelming odds. That’s its lane. I voraciously consume cynical, existentially troubling content as much as the next aging millennial and absolutely poo poo on forced earnestness and schmaltz, but Star Wars should be about making you feel good about being good and believe in doing the right thing. Which is why it is so aggravating when done poorly.
Yeah, this is why as much as I know that The Empire Strikes Back is the best movie on a technical level in the original trilogy, I still love Return of the Jedi more. There's something worthwhile in the idea that if you can make it through the bad times you will win out and be okay :unsmith:

Also it's nuts to see that the R2-D2 they used for shooting there has GREEN panel detailing :psyduck:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arquinsiel posted:

Also it's nuts to see that the R2-D2 they used for shooting there has GREEN panel detailing :psyduck:

Probably so they could chroma key in reflections.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Arquinsiel posted:

Yeah, this is why as much as I know that The Empire Strikes Back is the best movie on a technical level in the original trilogy, I still love Return of the Jedi more. There's something worthwhile in the idea that if you can make it through the bad times you will win out and be okay :unsmith:

:hfive: Same here. The end of RotJ, cheesy as it is, is perfect Star Wars to me.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
^^^^
:hfive:

Waffleman_ posted:

Probably so they could chroma key in reflections.
That's definitely it, but it's just funny because the Special Edition of ESB actually fixed the issue that has his head be transparent due to the blue panels in the original version.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Madurai posted:

One little tweak would have changed everything. Instead of having Luke fall over like he's exhausted, it should have been portrayed that he had reached such a level of power that he shed his physical form. The whole "luminous beings" thing that Yoda speaks of.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Sash! posted:

One little tweak would have changed everything. Instead of having Luke fall over like he's exhausted, it should have been portrayed that he had reached such a level of power that he shed his physical form. The whole "luminous beings" thing that Yoda speaks of.

I still want a scene of older Luke strolling down a corridor, casually and bloodlessly using Mind Trick to put stormtroopers to sleep. That would be a lovely mirror image to Vader’s corridor rampage at the End of Rogue One.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Marsupial Ape posted:

I still want a scene of older Luke strolling down a corridor, casually and bloodlessly using Mind Trick to put stormtroopers to sleep. That would be a lovely mirror image to Vader’s corridor rampage at the End of Rogue One.

I always thought the hallway in Mandalorian was that, but it just showed how similar Luke and Anakin really were. I had always sort of hoped Luke would be the Big Bad for a sequel trilogy since I was little.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Cage Kicker posted:

I always thought the hallway in Mandalorian was that, but it just showed how similar Luke and Anakin really were. I had always sort of hoped Luke would be the Big Bad for a sequel trilogy since I was little.

That sort of thing will never happen, since Rian Johnson making Luke little bad made the fandom lose their poo poo.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Jehde posted:

That sort of thing will never happen, since Rian Johnson making Luke little bad made the fandom lose their poo poo.

Little bad is a hell of a description of Luke standing over a sleeping child with a ignited light saber and murder in his heart

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Little bad is a hell of a description of Luke standing over a sleeping child with a ignited light saber and murder in his heart

Sounds like someone is accepting the Kylo Ren version of this story as fact.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

From a certain point of view yadda yadda

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Its Rinaldo posted:

And instantly regretted that moment of anger so much he exiled himself for 20 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

C’mon, every single one of you has wondered at some point “what would my dad do?” and for Luke, that answer is fairly evident :twisted: