Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

Forseti posted:

That's not sputum, it's victory butter!

lol. that person might very well have died if there were no hospital beds available

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Controlled opposition is great.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

i am harry posted:

okay so…

1000 deaths a day (bullshit low fake estimate because no one is bothering to actually count, more like 1500 a day if you ask me)

if we do nothing which is what we’re doing…

30,000 death from covid this month
300,000 in a year.

plus what, the same again per month for heart attacks etc, that can’t be treated?
so like ~600,000?

closer to 10,000,000 imho

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

lil poopendorfer posted:

closer to 10,000,000 imho

I added a few more spoilers

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

YOU JUST ALMOST DIED BECAUSE OF THIS ONE WHAT THE HELL

have u considered what doesnt kill u makes u stronger

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

It's gonna be real funny the next time Dems push a big gun control or swimming pool or auto safety bill to "save lives" while 1k or 2k people are dying every day.

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

omfg loooool

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

actionjackson posted:

is this supposed to be good or bad, i think it's great

I'm coming around to the idea so I'm not sure if that means I'm turning in to a tankie

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

If you have the capacity and resources, you should treat them.

If you're full, shove them out the door.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

brugroffil posted:

Yeah, that's probably a better way to explain my thoughts on the matter currently.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

i am harry posted:

I added a few more spoilers

haha just razzing ya :P

really i think your covid death numbers are spot on, I think 1000 deaths/day average for 2021 is about right despite vaxx/immunity. But the deaths attributed to inaccessible care/ hospital overload is just insane

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Der Meister posted:

Florida???? Georgia???

Kemp only talked poo poo about mask mandates. Maybe the colleges have to listen to him? The public school system here has a strong "local control" backbone that was set up by the GOP probably for some racist or jesusy reason years ago. While that has shot them in the foot recently, Kemp has defended local control when addressing demands for anti-mask mandates in public schools so assume there's still some good CHUD reason that outweighs political points and feeding atlanta metro kids directly to the meat grinder.

edit: a lot of GA has no mask mandate for school, but most of the metro does. The Governor can't do poo poo about it.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

brugroffil posted:

that dude is a PCP, he's not kicking people outta the ED or witholding life saving care, just refusing to see them for future appointments. WHats the issue?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J-zConMzGHo

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/reedgalen/status/1428360129322262535

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zegermans posted:

My favorite is "the masks trap pathogens that my kid was breathing out, making them sick" that's not how that works!

i suppose you can get a cold from a dirty mask but that seems better than covid (which is fake)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I have it on good authority from some very smart six figure computer touchers that this would never happen and that I need therapy for even thinking it might.

1024x768
Oct 25, 2004

oh god

this is one of the most disgusting things i've ever seen posted in this thread

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

lil poopendorfer posted:

that dude is a PCP, he's not kicking people outta the ED or witholding life saving care, just refusing to see them for future appointments. WHats the issue?

There isn't one, and it happens all the time. IIRC their only burden to the situation is to send the patient somewhere else with proper notice.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

ahh brings me back to the original thread with pictures of Wuhan residents lying in the street

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

1024x768 posted:

this is one of the most disgusting things i've ever seen posted in this thread

Liked her filming herself in the driver seat in her car

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Nocturtle posted:

How's your respirator's seal?

Pretty good. how's yours?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

aHHHHH I DONT KNOW WHAT I SAID I DONT REMEMBER

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Love to hear someone coughing in my unmasked poorly ventilated large room full of cubes office. :rip: me.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

https://youtu.be/9qWyeR4z8g0

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Acelerion posted:

I dont like how we have moved the battleground to masks. Even if by some miracle we got mandatory masks in schools nationwide it would only be one boxed checked out of about 5 that should be required before even thinking about schools opening.

It's definitely a symptom of how thoroughly the debate was won in the US by the opposition to effective public health measures. We're arguing over masks, the easiest and most superficial control available. We can't even dream or seriously discuss implementing the kind of effective measure that could bring case rates low enough to make schools safe, like closing bars/restuarants+other non-essential businesses, lockdowns, travel restrictions. Any attempt to do so is derided as "just not possible", even here on this backwater forum for shut-ins. It was a total loss for effective public health measure proponents, just a one-sided rout.

edit:

Rubby posted:

Pretty good. how's yours?

Unacceptable, that seal needs a shave.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Nocturtle posted:

It's definitely a symptom of how thoroughly the debate was won in the US by the opposition to effective public health measures. We're arguing over masks, the easiest and most superficial control available. We can't even dream or seriously discuss implementing the kind of effective measure that could bring case rates low enough to make schools safe, like closing bars/restuarants+other non-essential businesses, lockdowns, travel restrictions. Any attempt to do so is derided as "just not possible", even here on this backwater forum for shut-ins. It was a total loss for effective public health measure proponents, just a one-sided rout.

In hindsight, leaving the response to this pandemic to a bunch of 40-something bald dudes with lovely facial hair screaming "QUIT BEING A PUSSY" was probably a bad idea

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Nocturtle posted:

edit:

Unacceptable, that seal needs a shave.

and the end lesson to politicians will be newsom’s recall lol

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
https://www.tmz.com/2021/08/19/jerry-messing-fedora-guy-covid-ventilator-freaks-and-geeks/

quote:

Jerry Messing -- the "Freaks and Geeks" actor who's also the face of a famous meme -- has COVID and is fighting for his life in Florida

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1428357774564478976

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

where's the needle

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

she lists herself on iG as a "hashimoto's warrior" lmao

thats almost as weird as people with PCOS calling themselves "cysters"

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

that's horrifying

hope those posters are prepared for dms full of abuse and death threats for maligning desantis

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thoguh posted:

What the gently caress is even the point of the federal government if they refuse to do anything to address anything the states do to try and murder their own citizens.

to produce year over year profits for capitalists

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-e46xdcUo

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

where's the needle

In DeSantis's arm for a fourth jab.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

beyond parody

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1428353036754178069
Conservative lawmakers including Reps. Heidi Sampson (R-Alfred), Tracy Quint (R-Hodgdon), Laurel Libby (R-Auburn), Assistant House Republican Leader Joel Stetkis (R-Canaan) and Republican Sen. Lisa Kiem (Oxford) spoke at the event. In their remarks, they validated false and dangerous claims about vaccines, at times framing the public health initiative as a government experiment in violation of individual liberties. Rep. Chris Johansen (R-Monticello) was also present at the rally after losing his wife to COVID on August 10.

Libby, who was among those that led the failed 2020 people’s veto campaign opposing childhood vaccination in Maine, egged on the crowd Tuesday.

“What are you prepared to do to protect your kids and the generations to come?” Libby said. “Will we have the right to make our own medical decisions, or will the government? The stakes have never been higher. And to be clear: this is war.”

“When we win this war you can tell your kids and grandkids you fought for them,” Libby continued. “We must stand together. It will take every one of us.”

During her speech, Sampson claimed Mills’ mandate was a government ploy to illegally test “experimental” COVID vaccines on unwitting citizens. She described Mills as the “reincarnation” of Nazi doctor Josef Mengele, who performed deadly medical experiments on Jewish people in concentration camps during the Holocaust.

“Do I need to remind you of the late 1930s and into the 40s in Germany. And the experiments with Josef Mengele,” Sampson said. “What was it? A shot. And these were crimes against humanity. And what came out of that? The Nuremberg Code. The Nuremberg Trial. Informed consent is at the top and violating that is punishable by death.”

The Augusta protest follows other recent events where Maine lawmakers helped inflame anti-government sentiment while using their office to lend credence to vaccine misinformation and other conspiracy theories. Sampson was also a key sponsor of the recent anti-vaccine rally in Belfast. That gathering featured Dr. Christiane Northrup and Kevin Jenkins, who were recently named two of the twelve most influential spreaders of vaccine misinformation on social media by the Center for Countering Digital Hate. Holocaust denier and former CIA agent Robert David Steele also shared the stage with Sampson.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Hello??? Covid????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

https://youtu.be/SJaGOVYvkCo