Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

DesertIslandHermit posted:

All Congressmen, governors and the White House Chain of Command get the rich people treatment with COVID. They'll be okay but at the worst might have cheese brains forever.

As below, so above

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Majority
Jul 13, 2020

Dune 2: Chicks At The Same Time

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I am due back in the office after Labor Day. My employer has no vaccination mandate for employees. I work for the largest integrated hospital operator / insurer in Pennsylvania.

my org is forcing folks back 2-3 days a week and was planning to go full time starting Labor Day but they just decided to keep it 2-3 till October

cause things are gonna be much better a month from now vs now

no mask if vaxxed, no checking for vac status so it’s all honor system, so I am the only person in a downtown high rise with a fuckin mask on most days I’m here

I need to figure out what ada accommodation to request to keep my hosed up ticket in one piece - office w a door I can close? fuckit full wfh?

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

DesertIslandHermit posted:

All Congressmen, governors and the White House Chain of Command get the rich people treatment with COVID. They'll be okay but at the worst might have cheese brains forever.

so no change then?

i knew it, it's just the flu

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
:sickos:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-orders-every-staff-member-to-reveal-vaccine-status

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

makes me think of that south park episode where cartman fakes having tourette's so he can get away with some poo poo, but he does it so long that he loses his ability to control it and starts blurting out terribly embarassing stuff instead of just random curse words

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Is that a phone charger taped to her finger?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Epic High Five posted:

I liked how in the middle of her thread on respirators, Naomi Wu as politely as she could responded to people citing CDC stuff by pointing out that they had been wrong about absolutely everything this entire time so maybe please don't consider them a good source for planning, I need to revisit that to see if anybody got all pissed at her

lol naomi is a treasure

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rubby posted:

https://twitter.com/Gothamist/status/1428146204806897668?s=20

lol literally every government official from the federal to the local level getting shown their asses by some mermaids

I got your shirt, but they sent me hot pink instead of fuchsia :argh:

Still love the car shirt

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Epic High Five posted:

trusting the science is fine, just don't trust the CDC lol. I'm sure there's lots of serious professionals doing good work within it, but every part that is public facing or policy guiding is 100% political and unmoored from "the science"

trust the authorities in countries that have actually crushed COVID, imho

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
24 hours out from our 3rd phizer and its p much a repeat of the 2nd dose; lots of general fatigue and soreness

really wishing we owned a dish washing machine rn lol

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

mod sassinator posted:

got a good seal on that respirator

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Epic High Five posted:

trusting the science is fine, just don't trust the CDC lol. I'm sure there's lots of serious professionals doing good work within it, but every part that is public facing or policy guiding is 100% political and unmoored from "the science"

trust the authorities in countries that have actually crushed COVID, imho

I think the difference is that "trusting science" means you trust data, analysis, the scientific method, etc. The C-SPAM COVID thread trusts science. But "Trusting The Science is just religious deflection to the people that you have declared to be the authorities and worshipping whatever they say as the unilateral truth, and the moment that truth changes as declared by the authorities you immediately change and never acknowledge they ever said anything different. The D&D Covid thread Trusts The Science.

The GBS thread trusts Joe Rogan.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

FizFashizzle posted:

uh we don't call it conversion anymore we call it psychogenic non-epileptic seizure or psychogenic tremor

although i had a neurologist tell me once "if they're an adult with a stuffed animal, it's conversion.'

I scanned a guy last who's subclavian steal is so bad his posterior circulation is exclusively through the posterior communicating arteries. We keep scanning him every month because he keeps having tia's for some strange reason! DO SOMETHING!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I was supposed to report back to the office this past Monday but I'm waiting for HR to decide if they're going to grant my extension or not.

I found out today why my boss never called asking where I was--he's at home in quarantine lol

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
apparently I found the one CVS in the state that gives a gently caress about checking things so the plan is for me/gf to test Rite Aid's "will not turn away for lack of id" policy for our #3

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Thoguh posted:

I think the difference is that "trusting science" means you trust data, analysis, the scientific method, etc. The C-SPAM COVID thread trusts science. But "Trusting The Science is just religious deflection to the people that you have declared to be the authorities and worshipping whatever they say as the unilateral truth, and the moment that truth changes as declared by the authorities you immediately change and never acknowledge they ever said anything different. The D&D Covid thread Trusts The Science.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
"Child Behavior Expert and Coach" lmbo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

rip to the tipshat guy

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

now that's a page that would give me confidence in the findings, I was speaking more in a general sense than about any specific study tho

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Der Meister posted:

hmm maybe something should be done about this particular lunatic political party

Vote for them!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the us education system is the worst in the world

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Thoguh posted:

the best litmus test would probably be to ask someone if they think Emily Oster's advice constitutes actionable "science"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

I scanned a guy last who's subclavian steal is so bad his posterior circulation is exclusively through the posterior communicating arteries. We keep scanning him every month because he keeps having tia's for some strange reason! DO SOMETHING!

sounds like a vascular problem to me

ie not my problem

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

WaryWarren posted:

No public indoctrination. We all die together.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Iron Crowned posted:

I got your shirt, but they sent me hot pink instead of fuchsia :argh:

Still love the car shirt

ohno!

I don't know what Threadless CS is like but the DTG company my mate worked at would do a reprint for free if their vendor made a mistake on shirt style/colour and let them keep the original shirt because it was cheaper than paying for return shipping. Worth a try to reach out, anyway. Two excessively, but varyingly hued, pink shirts for the price of one? Buddy, that's what I call Value

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

I love how she whines about kids not questioning authority when that's been the chud goal for loving ever.

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.
https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/st-louis-county-judge-to-issue-order-soon-on-mask-mandate/

quote:

ST. LOUIS– The two sides battling over the St. Louis County mask mandate have failed to reach a compromise. Circuit Judge Ellen Ribaudo said she will issue an order shortly.

Yesterday, Judge Ribaudo told the attorneys for the Missouri Attorney General and St. Louis County keep trying after they failed to reach a compromise.

The legal battle comes after the attorney general’s office filed a suit contesting St. Louis County’s mask mandate.

St. Louis County’s attorney told the judge Wednesday the county offered a compromise. It was willing to publish a memo stating the mask policy would not be enforced unless there was an extraordinary case. Many critics of the mandate contend the order had no real enforcement mechanism in place.

The attorney representing the state told the judge the state would accept a mask recommendation but not a continuation of what he called an “unlawful” order.

Supporters of the mandate say a recent increase in COVID-19 cases, including younger patients, warrants action. Some business owners expressed frustration and confusion after the St. Louis County Council voted on July 27 to overturn the mandate, one day after the mandate went into effect. St. Louis County Executive Dr. Sam Page has insisted the mandate remained in place.

“The judge is trying to get the elected officials to do their job,” said St. Louis-area attorney Jay Kanzler.

He believes a compromise would result in a greater buy-in from the public and expects a court battle to involve politics.

lmao what is the midpoint between a mandate and no mandate? wtf

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

WaryWarren posted:

"God has beautiful plans for us"

over/under on days until COVID positive: 6.5

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

i'm sure negotiating with the virus will work THIS time

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/jaycaspiankang/status/1428350955368566790

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

brugroffil posted:

"God has beautiful plans for us"

over/under on days until COVID positive: 6.5

my god, a proper use of over/under on the forums

a miracle

i'll take the under

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

A mandate, if you want to. Duh.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
for daycrew, I varianted the real good covid tracker and will be updating it for this wave at least, using the daily NYTimes GitHub dataset

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Bathtub Cheese posted:

lmao what is the midpoint between a mandate and no mandate? wtf

People can get half-pregnant, right?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

FizFashizzle posted:

sounds like a vascular problem to me

ie not my problem

Yeah he has a completely occluded left subclavian. But they keep consulting neuro every time he comes to the er and neuro keeps ordering mri/mra brain mra neck every time as if something different is going to be there.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I'm sure that there'll be some spread from it, but it should be noted the Mann Center is an open air venue (there's a roof over part of it with some lawn seating) in Philadelphia which still has pretty low numbers relative to the rest of the country right now

acems
May 8, 2019

wait wait don't sneeze on me

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Imagining an India-like hospital system collapse in a society with more guns than people

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

There is none, you can't meet halfway with a contagious disease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

WaryWarren posted:

Computer, block all social media posts containing the words "muzzle," "sheep," and... uh, let's go with "healthy immune system" just to be sure.