Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Get Bit launched

$19 for game.
$69 for shipping to Australia.

We have solved the shipping crisis!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Infinitum posted:

Nice.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Not if you get bit, it isn't.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm gonna pimp Bug Council of Backyardia again, cause they'll probably just scrape over the line and I think it looks like a fun trick taking game.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/engrogames/bug-council-of-backyardia

Luis Francisco has apparently just come on board to help redo some of the artwork, which was basically my only complaint, and should help improve the product greatly.

They posted some updated WIP art.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Get Bit launched

$19 for game.

We have solved the shipping crisis!

Wow, I hate the new art and swimmers a lot. Didn’t think they could do that poorly.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Current TCG weird funding campaign:
D-Spirits The Official Trading Card Game
$18,000 with 30 backers, 14 of which are in the $1,000 tier?

I just think it's such a shame that these projects can generate instant money and some really great looking independent projects sometimes can't crack $10,000.
Then again, maybe the whole thing is a weird scam and the money isn't really spent at the end? Maybe the creator got 14 of his friends/family to give him a grand each?

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Aug 18, 2021

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JazzFlight posted:

I just think it's such a shame that these projects can generate instant money and some really great looking independent projects sometimes can't crack $10,000.
Then again, maybe the whole thing is a weird scam and the money isn't really spent at the end? Maybe the creator got 14 of his friends/family to give him a grand each?
That sure looks like trash

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down

bowmore posted:

That sure looks like trash

You just don’t get it man! They wreck havoc! Wreck. Havoc.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

JazzFlight posted:

The guy appears to be genuine, he's got an instagram going back a few years with his characters (albeit a few years ago it wasn't good, but all artists have to start somewhere). I'm guessing yeah, he got a few big investors up front to make sure it funds, and then everyone else is gravy. Also, lol that the minimum level you can back at to receive something is $100, and it's just a booster pack.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

The_Doctor posted:

The guy appears to be genuine, he's got an instagram going back a few years with his characters (albeit a few years ago it wasn't good, but all artists have to start somewhere). I'm guessing yeah, he got a few big investors up front to make sure it funds, and then everyone else is gravy. Also, lol that the minimum level you can back at to receive something is $100, and it's just a booster pack.

well at least it's a box of booster packs (20)

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

he look pretty happy doing it. I'd probably buy one of his books if I ran into him at a con or spx or something

i would probably not give him 100 bucks for a 20 trading card blister packs

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I’m just kinda baffled by the idea that a new physical TCG launch is a good idea in 2021.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Everyone's trying to get in on that Logan Paul, pull-a-gun-out-at-Target money, right?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Definite eyestrain on those cards.

Wish him the best, but "this is Pokemon TCG but not" feels like a tough sell in the long term. I wish I could say the shenanigans with Pokemon GO or Pokemon Unite have cost the property goodwill, but it turns out all you have to is preview a new 'Mon and people forget all that real quick.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So about those Broken Token organizers.... You'll see more of this if any other kickstarters offered them as a reward.

https://twitter.com/Cephalofair/status/1428393530532171779?s=20

Turns out the CEO is pretty horrible!

Content Warning: Sexual assault, Sexual situations, Cheating, Mental Abuse, Emotional Abuse, and Stalking.
https://medium.com/@ashrtaylor13/speaking-up-to-protect-others-73f152bcb772

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 19, 2021

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

So about those Broken Token organizers.... You'll see more of this if any other kickstarters offered them as a reward.

TW: Sexual assault, emotional abuse.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Bodanarko posted:

TW: Sexual assault, emotional abuse.
Sorry, CW's are at the top in the link but I should have copied it in my post. Fixing that now.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

JazzFlight posted:

It has strong SquisherZ energy.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DalaranJ posted:

It has strong SquisherZ energy.

Get your stickers today!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

dwarf74 posted:

Content Warning: Sexual assault, Sexual situations, Cheating, Mental Abuse, Emotional Abuse, and Stalking.

Ugh. I have a bunch of Broken Token inserts. I'm not going to, like, get rid of them since they're already paid for and I can't take that back, but now I feel kind of gross about them and I sure as hell won't be buying any more.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

welp on the spirit island inserts I backed

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

last four days on the Dungeon Degenerates reprint and it seems extremely my poo poo but a p huge buy in. I know someone earlier posted a strong recommend but if anyone else has input I'd love to hear it

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Buck Wildman posted:

last four days on the Dungeon Degenerates reprint and it seems extremely my poo poo but a p huge buy in. I know someone earlier posted a strong recommend but if anyone else has input I'd love to hear it

I like it. It's a bit Arkham Horror-ish in that you have different decks of enemies and encounters for the different regions you go to, and there's a growing doom accumulation that you have to fight which can eventually end the game. But the doom accumulation is slower than an Arkham Horror thing, so not as frantic, and really only becomes an issue over a long campaign. There's an overarching narrative/choose your story path book thing, similar to like a Tainted Grail or other narrative game, so you can play a campaign. Some of it comes down to how much you dig the aesthetic. It can be a lot to look at, but I like the style.

One thing I will say is that you don't need a lot of the stuff that's in the bigger bundles. The miniatures you don't need, the zines and lore books you don't need (even if they are fun background reading), dungeon breakout is apparently some kind of separate mini-game. Looking at the pledge levels, even for someone coming in for the first time, I'd recommend going "Just the Game" for $70 and then adding some of the booster packs or character packs as addons if you want. Character packs are probably the best value, the booster packs just add like 13 more enemies each. But you really don't need the huge buy in.

All of the old expansion stuff and the lore books and whatnot are available on their website for just slightly more than the Kickstarter price, so you could get the game and a couple addons during the Kickstarter and then buy more expansion stuff later after you know whether you like it or not.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
An expansion campaign for Edge of Darkness just launched recently and I'm wondering what folks think about the game if anyone's played it.

They have a discounted all-in pledge that looks pretty appealing, considering how difficult it can be to find a copy of the base game itself.

I really enjoyed Mystic Vale for the card crafting and light push your luck elements, and my understanding is that this is much more crunchy and medium-heavy when it comes to decision making and possible strategies.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

thanks. I'm not interested in the minis or the magazine but I might plunk down for some of the expansions. based on your rec I think I'm gonna go for it

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
An author friend of mine is running his first RPG Kickstarter and I figured I'd plug it here since I think I'm the only goon in our immediate friends circle. He's been GMing TT games for me over the past 20 years and is, imo, a good writer but I'll just copy the opening pitch from his KS and let the goons to whom that sells wander on over of their own accord.

"What is Strange Hills? It's a No Dice, No Masters game about bad people who've done bad things.
People who were part of the ruling class in a tyrannical dictatorship. All that's over now, the entire world is dying, and they have to decide: will I be better now that it's all over? It's inspired by things like the Dark Sun campaign setting, the film Mad Max: Fury Road, and a lot of dark fantasy novels. It's a game about losing everything you have, and trying to redeem the one thing remaining, yourself.

Hi, I'm Jason Vanhee, and I'm a writer and gamer. I've been fussing around with tabletop roleplaying game creation for a few years now, but Strange Hills is the first big project that I feel really deserves a big audience.

At first I struggled to find a good system for it, but then I remembered Jay Dragon's absolutely brilliant Sleepaway and realized that a No Dice, No Masters game would work well. In those games you can collectively tell stories as a group, and Sleepaway had the darkness tinged with freshness and hope that I really wanted, so I knew it was possible. It turned out to be more than possible; I built a game I feel really leans into the No Dice, No Masters groove while still being mine."

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

dwarf74 posted:

Jesus Christ

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Gabriel just launched The Exquisite Corpse In Maggot's Keep, a branching narrative gamebook written in the Exquisite Corpse format, where each writer writes a branching pathway based on the last few pages of the previous entry and a shared world. Illustrated by JN Butler (who also did the art for TEN MILLION HP PLANET) and written by a ton of incredible authors, I'm super proud of the team behind this. It's the first Sandy Pug Games project I've not directly headed up, so we're all hyped for what this means for us moving forward.

Gabriel's also the person who made Orc Stabr with me, all those years ago. He's responsible for most of the funniest ideas that came out of that.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gkomisar/the-exquisite-corpse-in-maggots-keep

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Secret Weapon is shutting down and handing off the 3d bases project to Every Little War.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Cat Face Joe posted:

Secret Weapon is shutting down and handing off the 3d bases project to Every Little War.

Man that sucks. Secret weapon has been rad just for their weathering pigments alone

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Edit wrong thread, meant to put it in the TG Industry thread

Comstar fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 21, 2021

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

How did Brexit affect a California based company?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The_Doctor posted:

Perhaps they managed their EU distribution through a UK-based firm and can't easily get out of the contract.

On a related note, Tinners Trail arrived just now. This is related because it's set in Cornwall and you just know that pasty-wielding fucker on the cover voted Leave.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jedit posted:

Perhaps they managed their EU distribution through a UK-based firm and can't easily get out of the contract.

On a related note, Tinners Trail arrived just now. This is related because it's set in Cornwall and you just know that pasty-wielding fucker on the cover voted Leave.

Ugh, that gently caress. :mad:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The_Doctor posted:

It looks like they were in talks to sell to European owners instead of shutting down.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

JazzFlight posted:

wait what

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I showed you my Buttox, show me your D-Spirit.

Seriously that wording is awful and sounds like they mostly based it on mistranslated proxy YuGiOh cards.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

xiw posted:

wait what

Holy poo poo that's an actual thing. There's an actual butt monster that eats all the food and shits over your opponent

EDIT: Oh my god, they have a monster called Hood Rat. It's literally a black faced monster in a hoodie that eats other monsters

EDIT 2: Jesus, it keeps going. There are two cards that I saw that have an actual nose. One is the Hood Rat. The other is a goblin obsessed with money

Kaza42 fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 23, 2021

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dingymon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Any strong feelings on Black Rose Wars? I see their new stand-alone Rebirth is on KS right now and I'm considering grabbing that and even looking at grabbing an All-In from the original game. Would love to hear other goons' thoughts.