Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I suspect the coming a/b/c/etc patches in the next few weeks will include minor tuning of her until icefrog is satisfied she's in the right place to add her, so she'll be in before TI.

I feel like they've done it that way before but I can't think of a specific example.

I would think the opposite. Add the hero then tune based on match data.

Kinda like how she got a bunch of buffs after being added to the game, because she was poo poo at launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTt1bqMIIMw

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Franais.
Dawnbreaker won't be in captain's mode/included in this TI. That is simply not happening.

Also the new OD astral imprisonment seems like it can be really goddamn strong

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

what is even happening here

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Buff patch metas own

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Sab669 posted:

what is even happening here

I hate to actually say this, but read the youtube comments.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I imagine Soulbind is working as intended, no? The real bugs are 1) Lotus Orb (Spell Steal too?) creating copies 2) the copies being 'player characters' like that?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Sage Grimm posted:

I hate to actually say this, but read the youtube comments.

It's even funnier now that I "understand" it.

quote:

7.30 released a new Aghanim's Shard for Meepo. It makes "Divided We Stand" (the clones) an active. Problem is, that meant Rubick could steal the spell, creating Rubick clones, and the spell could also be reflected by Lotus Orb, creating clones. This bug has now been fixed, as it was game-breaking. The clones has the HP of a level one hero. The clones also count as real heroes, meaning you can get money from them and kill-streaks.

Clip #1 Tidehunter had Lotus Orb activated, so it created a Tidehunter clone for each "Divided We Stand" targeted at him.
Clip #2 Grimstoke had used Soulbind on Lina and Enchantress, and every "Divided We Stand" used on Enchantress, created another clone on Lina.

Reworked Shard: Divided we Stand can be cast from any Meepo as long as there's another Meepo within 300 radius, causing the nearby Meepo to fling you towards a target within 900 range, dealing 100 damage and slowing the target's movement speed by 50%. Cooldown 18/16/14s Mana Cost: 100 (Each Meepo has its own independent cooldown).

Unrelated, I'm so loving excited to watch so many terrible Tinker games.

Sudden Loud Noise fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 18, 2021

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
the meepo bugs got patched out a few hours ago

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Purge is online. Goodbye my next 9 hours.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Purge is online. Goodbye my next 9 hours.

:toot:

I never watch Twitch unless it's comp dota... But for Purge Patch videos I make an exception

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Seems like all the signature OG heros got buffs

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

speaking of comp dota beastcoast is playing furia in one of the first-ish pro matches since the patch dropped

lmao tinker first round ban lets go baby

e: ITS BANE BABY LETS GOOO

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 18, 2021

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

New Clinkz it nutty, you kill creeps so fast and the Q costs almost no mana

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

New Clinkz it nutty, you kill creeps so fast and the Q costs almost no mana

yeah it's wildly overpowered lol I wouldn't be surprised if he gets an immediate nerf

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Apparently there's some kind of interaction where clicking the Underlord portal counts as casting a spell so you can click it 50 times and trigger on-cast effects like Aftershock on each click.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Clinkz Q is a farming tool for sure. As a teamfight damage spell its extremely whatever; I guess it clears summons pretty well and interacts very nicely with Maelstrom if youre vs PL or something.

I feel like the skill build didnt really change. WQWE into R>W>Q>E

The early item build also didnt change. Treads -> Soul Ring -> Deso -> Aghs Shard

Where you go from there I really like the Vlads -> Helm of the Overlord buildup. Clinkz is honestly very item independent post-deso, and its not a struggle to meander towards a 6k gold item that turns you into a god.

I messed around with Falcon Blade a bit. It still seems like an incredibly mediocre item; its insanely gold efficient but doesnt contribute towards a power spike. Every time I buy it, Im like if I didnt have this item Id be 1100 closer to deso or whatever. It rarely feels like its making the difference.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Im at too low an MMR to identify what item build is correct but I managed to get malestrom crystalis at like 22 mins, then went Glep, which was super not worth it. Once I got deso though I was going nuts and could gib basically anyone if they got stunned. Also to note Dragon lance increases the range of your Q's shots

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I havent been able to play but how is this new Clink ability any different from the Drow one? They appear to be very similar just from reading though I know Im missing something.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

mikeraskol posted:

I havent been able to play but how is this new Clink ability any different from the Drow one? They appear to be very similar just from reading though I know Im missing something.

They're very similar but the range on the Clinkz one is super long. Clink's also proc attack modifiers like Deso, Maelstrom, Crit, etc. The way it ends up working functionally is that in fights, this basically replaces autoattacking, since you can stay on the very outskirts of the fight

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

mikeraskol posted:

I haven’t been able to play but how is this new Clink ability any different from the Drow one? They appear to be very similar just from reading though I know I’m missing something.

Clinkz can pierce with his and cover less aread basically

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Clinkz shoots in a straight line. Drow sprays an arc.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

god drat ixmike is so bad at dota

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Have any teams or big streamers tried to do carry Willow yet with yet another buff to it

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
it's so hosed up that clinkz got worse when only six people alive ever played him anyways

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

jsoh posted:

it's so hosed up that clinkz got worse when only six people alive ever played him anyways

I watched Gorg's patch analysis and he was kind of baffled at the patchnotes. The big thing he said was "it feels like they didnt watch any pro dota at all until the Euro Qualifier finals and decided that OG didn't win convincingly enough and so they buffed every OG hero and nerfed every hero the losing teams almost beat them with." Dusa TA and Luna all barely touched, yet heroes like Necro who hadnt been touched at all competitively get killed for some reason. Axe isn't even totally dead, he's just not outright broken, and also for some reason Gyro got way overbuffed and now he's just loving insane? Like, man. Some of the changes were cool and I'd like to see what happened to Tinker happen to more heroes, but god drat, I don't understand the fear of just loving killing the stacking meta instead of now adding one more hero to the roster of characters who annihilate the triangle

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Icefraud bought OG nfts, he's just trying to pump their value now setting them up for a 3 time win

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Seriously buffing Pangolier is so goofy loving poo poo

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

jsoh posted:

I think hes even better. I think hell turn into an actual meta carry now.

Treads, Soul Ring, Deso, (Dragon Lance), Shard, Vlads, Helm of the Overlord, Aghs

Its just constant power spikes and insane damage while being incredibly mobile and a superfarmer.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah clinkz is like genuinely broken, he's first ban material. He can farm insanely fast and his ability to poo poo out damage in a teamfight with relatively little exposure is nuts

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

win rate dropped like 5%! I guess that's due to people picking him tho. it sucks that it seems like you need to buy attack speed now

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

jsoh posted:

win rate dropped like 5%! I guess that's due to people picking him tho. it sucks that it seems like you need to buy attack speed now

It's the opposite, his Q acts as attack speed so you only need damage/attack modifiers

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i tried playing some dota, big mistake

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

sugar free jazz posted:

i tried playing some dota, big mistake

Cant wait to tell people to go back to Pokemon Unite (including myself)

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

It's the opposite, his Q acts as attack speed so you only need damage/attack modifiers

being able to backdoor towers with like 20k was a big part of the hero and the thing doesn't hit buildings

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder if Overlord's going to get nerfed because Lycan can get at like 12 minutes and then the game's just over. Ancient Dragons are insanely hard to kill at that point and one can completely take over the split pushing role while you hunt for kills.

Also I totally thought this summer event was the ti replacement lmao

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
We gotta get at least one zoo meta per year, we were due

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Acerbatus posted:

I wonder if Overlord's going to get nerfed because Lycan can get at like 12 minutes and then the game's just over. Ancient Dragons are insanely hard to kill at that point and one can completely take over the split pushing role while you hunt for kills.

Had a beastmaster get one at 13 min and it was terrifying to see, singlehandedly carried our team.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

This isnt an indictment of the build, but every ally or enemy thats tried to rush HotO has only managed to feed. 5k MMR, 3 distinct games.

Maybe its because non-micro players are attempting a very demanding playstyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
What I am absolutely prepared to say is that offlane/support Tinker is complete and total dogshit but mid Tinker is significantly better now than it was previously.

Also, Lycan is broken but you should probably buy other items after getting HotD and Vlads instead of instantly combining them