Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

U-DO Burger posted:

my work is being stubborn and is basically trying to torpedo my homeschooling plan by insisting that my work schedule isn't nearly as flexible as they first implied. part of the reason they gave was because other people have been quitting and so they need others to fill in the schedule gaps

feeling pretty close to going for the nuclear option and just quitting and laughing in their faces as it dawns on them how hosed they are now that most of their staff is loving gone, but goddamn it would be hard to find wfh employment on short notice

I saw business gorilla was posting recently recruiting wfh people. Could be worth a pm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

fosborb posted:

just matches on the peak of both. I know I at least was expecting the ratio to change this wave, but so far it really isn't. my initial guess is that vaccinated people aren't really testing either, so it's still primarily testing and deaths of unvaccinated people

yep that's why i think real cases are at least 300k daily, we're just seeing way, way way more asymptomatics than ever before. and with masking gone its made it easier for the unvaccinated to catch when they went a whole year without doing so

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

LA County opening up more vaccine hours

Hello I’m Justin Phora Prick

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 19, 2021

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Business Gorillas posted:

im back

:siren::siren::siren:WORK FROM HOME OPPORTUNITY:siren::siren::siren:

are YOU a goon who is dreading to have to go back to a lovely office during a loving pandemic?
do YOU or someone you know have a knot in their stomach because their psycho boss wants them back in the office and see their smile?
are YOU able to have an internet connection for 40 hours a week and able to read, talk, and not be a total shithead on the phone?
do YOU live in Ohio, Delaware, Utah, Arizona, or Illinois?

GOOD NEWS! WE'RE HIRING!
hi, my name is business gorillas and i want to do BUSINESS! my company is currently hiring for phone jockeys in a couple different departments. it's a basic customer service gig that pays $16.00/hr starting plus a signing bonus of up to $2,000 with full benefits, including education assistance. i'm not going to lie, the job is dull and unrewarding, but WHO CARES? i bet your current job is too!

if not wanting to die because your small business tyrant work-landlord keeps masks optional is right for you, send me a dm so we can talk!!!

worried about your resume? no problem! so long as you aren't a complete fuckup, i'll help you with your resume! even if you might be a complete fuckup, i'll still look at your resume and tell you to GET OUT OF MY FACE!!!!!

]WE LOSE ENOUGH OF OUR LIVES TO OUR WORK, GOON. THERE'S NO REASON TO LOSE YOUR LIFE BECAUSE OF IT.

inquire within! my dm's are open!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If business gorilla's company starts hiring in every state, he's gonna finally have enough money to get through that plexiglass barrier at the business enclosure

KlavierVogel
Feb 27, 2004

[] an old crow spoke to me [] busted leg limped down the street [] said we're both tied to our own trees [] cut me loose, cut me loose []
Welp I had a disgusting thing happen to me today! I went to my employer's "employee appreciation picnic" at the local amusement park and, while riding the tamest super-old wooden rollercoaster, I got pegged IN THE EYE with a giant wad of phlegm or snot or something. It happened while going through a dark tunnel, so it was like a horror movie or something: I felt something wet hit my face, I reached up to wipe it away and I'm like OMG STICKY. There was so much... It got all in my hair too :gonk: I was wearing a KN95 (of course) but I had contacts in instead of my normal glasses... If I get sick from this, man, I can't even.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

mastershakeman posted:

yep that's why i think real cases are at least 300k daily, we're just seeing way, way way more asymptomatics than ever before. and with masking gone its made it easier for the unvaccinated to catch when they went a whole year without doing so

also most people are just taking at home tests and nobody is reporting poo poo

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

KlavierVogel posted:

Welp I had a disgusting thing happen to me today! I went to my employer's "employee appreciation picnic" at the local amusement park and, while riding the tamest super-old wooden rollercoaster, I got pegged IN THE EYE with a giant wad of phlegm or snot or something. It happened while going through a dark tunnel, so it was like a horror movie or something: I felt something wet hit my face, I reached up to wipe it away and I'm like OMG STICKY. There was so much... It got all in my hair too :gonk: I was wearing a KN95 (of course) but I had contacts in instead of my normal glasses... If I get sick from this, man, I can't even.

rip

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

KlavierVogel posted:

hmm, gross

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

business gorillas please open for business in WA in the next week or so, thanks in advance

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/bangordailynews/status/1428411392999268354?s=19
:rip: rear end in a top hat

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My roommate just told me to go to the strip club because apparently I'm on my period.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i walked into a warehouse today where no one was wearing masks. myself and the two people with me, all kn95/etc. masks.

every time i walked into a new area, i was surprised to find no one wearing a mask

...but i was at another of their locations earlier in the week, and everyone was wearing masks????

another example of the herd mentality behind mask wearing, i suppose

e: in harlem

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

My roommate just told me to go to the strip club because apparently I'm on my period.

What's a more embarrassing way to get COV19

-local Strip club
-Getting it Obama's birthday part after he made one of his boring speeches

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Ok,

I found the Data on HHS website.

https://imgur.com/Id8Wc5b

It appears as though we have 193,000 beds left across the country.

3500 (Now) COVID hospitalizations a day = 55 days until collapse

Pillowpants fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 19, 2021

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

I don't understand the difference between a locust and a grasshopper

locusts are more badass, there was a locust plaque in a little book you may have heard of... THE BIBLE

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

etalian posted:

-local Strip club

- Phish show

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Pillowpants posted:

Ok,

I found the Data on HHS website.

https://imgur.com/Id8Wc5b

It appears as though we have 193,000 beds left across the country.

i will now cherry pick this sentence and go "see we have more than enough beds for everyone theres literlaly zero shortage" ignoring the fact that airlifting someone on a vent from florida to california is idiotic

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

KlavierVogel posted:

I'm welding my door shut and never leaving the house ever again

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

You know whenever a GOP Chud congressman gets COV19 they will do everything in their power to cheat the Ghana coffin dancers.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

etalian posted:

-local Strip club

Oof, Obama's Birthday Party by a country mile.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

the cool thing is its now socially acceptable (relatively) to dance on these peoples graves.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Iron Crowned posted:

lmfao

I realized today that I haven't been on a plane in over three years. Doing my part (safely) (from home).

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

what am I even looking at here

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

iphone charge cable with a bandaid

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

mastershakeman noooooooooo

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

KlavierVogel posted:

thats not how pegging works

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shoulda got the Slutts juice

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I got my two doses of slut juice, I can wear a mask, the strip club doesn't sound too bad...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Shoulda got the Slutts juice

God has great and exciting things in store for us all.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
oh, that's right, I don't have any money

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Iron Crowned posted:

oh, that's right, I don't have any money

Remember what happened the last time you went to a strip club??!!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Marjorie Taylor Green lookin kinda hot here ngl

we've been inside too long

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/stephaniemirah/status/1428428782717833229?s=20

So what do we think? Will they make it longer than 10 days this time? Less than 10?

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 19, 2021

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i can fix her.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Strep Vote posted:

Remember what happened the last time you went to a strip club??!!

But the CDC already burned their masks, they can't burn them again

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
oh god people are showing up crazy sick for Regeneron rather than going to the hospital

https://twitter.com/bjoewolf/status/1428383551729307657?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Finally, a goon correctly using over under