Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1428438150116958212

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BONGHITZ posted:

i can fix her.

Your dick ain't that big

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

fosborb posted:

oh god people are showing up crazy sick for Regeneron rather than going to the hospital

https://twitter.com/bjoewolf/status/1428383551729307657?s=19

you guys are giving out monoclonal antibodies at libraries? what the gently caress is going on?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

kalensc posted:

For almost a decade I ran an ultimate frisbee league which used university fields (Concordia) but was open to both students and the public. We last played on March 8th, 2020.

Some players reached out to ask if we were starting up again. Before replying "lol, no" I went to check the uni website and see if anything had been updated recently.

Oh

Oh goddamnit you idiots

Welp, time to start raising hell.

I tossed words into an email and sent it away without really editing it, cause gently caress it. CC'ed a student and faculty union too, excited to be demoralized when no one gives a poo poo.

quote:

Subject: Current guidelines do not sufficiently mitigate risk of Delta transmission

Hello,

I have significant concerns with the current guidelines for indoor masking and distancing on Concordia campuses, as listed on the following website:

https://www.concordia.ca/coronavirus.html

The Delta variant possesses several characteristics which increase the likelihood of transmission between staff and student populations.

As per recent data and analysis, researchers have published papers asserting the following:

- mRNA vaccine (i.e. Delta, Moderna) efficiency versus infection begins decreasing within 3 months of 2nd vaccination (VE as low as 50% within 6 months for some populations);

https://www.ft.com/content/49641651-e10a-45f6-a7cc-8b8c7b7a9710

- Delta infections result in very high viral loads very quickly. Infected people typically shed the coronavirus for 2+ days before developing any symptoms;

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02259-2

- Delta transmission occurs not only via respiratory droplets from sneezing, etc but also from smaller particles (aerosols) emitted when talking normally (i.e. unmasked). In enclosed spaces such as classrooms, airborne transmission can occur over distances much greater than 2m.

https://www.pnas.org/content/117/22/11875

Delta transmission is known to be exponential (r0 of approximately 6, versus wildtype covid r0 of approx 2), and has caused preventable illness and death throughout India, the United Kingdom, the entirety of the United States, several of Canada's western provinces, and a great many other regions.

Children under 12 will not be eligible for vaccinations for quite some time, and their school re-openings will trigger outbreaks that cascade into neighborhood transmission and then on-campus transmission.

The virus infects, transmits, and evolves so quickly that a modern bureaucracy simply cannot react in time. By the time the number of known on-campus transmissions reaches an unpalatable number, the number of actual on-campus transmissions will be an order of magnitude greater.

In the time that I've spent drafting this email, University of Toronto has announced stronger guidelines vis-à-vis vaccinations and other NPIs. Please follow suit, and implement any and all proactive measures which can further protect Concordia's communities.

Thank you for your time and your on-going efforts. I am available anytime should you have any questions or wish to discuss related matters.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

uhoh

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

IAMKOREA posted:

you guys are giving out monoclonal antibodies at libraries? what the gently caress is going on?

DeSantis and his donors get a cut of every dose that gets sold

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

IAMKOREA posted:

Tbh at first it went over me just how hosed up that is lmfao

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

death... death... death...

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

hello gop senate

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol delta kill me please
:theroni:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

hell yeah gently caress this guy

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

uh....we kind of need that rear end in a top hat to stay alive

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mr Interweb posted:

don't worry, nobody in the Senate who catches it is gonna get so much as a cough

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

too bad none of them will die

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

https://twitter.com/EliotETC/status/1313994219887837184

so glad this goofy rear end Fallout item of a drug is back in the news

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

" I'm almost dead from covid but god is on my side, so I will make it"

*dies*

*goal posts move so that "god is on my side, so I will make it" means he made it into Paradise*

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

covidactnow.org

All the western states/alaska will be filled in soon.

wtf are these islands of green. are they just shooting anyone who drives in and burning the bodies

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

senator lickin'pooper

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

this is still the banner at the top of the NYC Covid-19 page

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-main.page

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

IAMKOREA posted:

Failed state! Lol. Everything in America is rickety jury rigged poo poo built on grift.

Anyway. I just found out that my kid's school has outdoor lunch tables if kids would feel more comfortable there, which is great. He's already asked me to drive him, at least at the beginning. That was the last piece of the puzzle, at least until next month when band starts.

I feel kinda gobsmacked that the problem was already solved, mash'allah, thank you Jesus, Buddha's name be praised. E: special thanks to the master of the universe for presenting me with a timely eject button from the poo poo show that is Texas.

Strep Vote fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 19, 2021

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

or are they just not reporting in which case lol

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

KlavierVogel posted:

Welp I had a disgusting thing happen to me today! I went to my employer's "employee appreciation picnic" at the local amusement park and, while riding the tamest super-old wooden rollercoaster, I got pegged IN THE EYE with a giant wad of phlegm or snot or something. It happened while going through a dark tunnel, so it was like a horror movie or something: I felt something wet hit my face, I reached up to wipe it away and I'm like OMG STICKY. There was so much... It got all in my hair too :gonk: I was wearing a KN95 (of course) but I had contacts in instead of my normal glasses... If I get sick from this, man, I can't even.
hahha my god :rip:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

IAMKOREA posted:

florida

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Epic High Five posted:

don't worry, nobody in the Senate who catches it is gonna get so much as a cough

truth. even Chris Christie survived COVID (though Delta may be a bit more of a beast).

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

hahaha rip Wicker, you know he ain't dosed

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

fosborb posted:

for daycrew, I varianted the real good covid tracker and will be updating it for this wave at least, using the daily NYTimes GitHub dataset

:coronatoot:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

turnip kid posted:

are you guys saying that's fake? there's a go fund me. gotta be legit!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-dom...5e-347a87b4af40
lol they've swindled $16k from folks already

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

KlavierVogel posted:

Welp I had a disgusting thing happen to me today! I went to my employer's "employee appreciation picnic" at the local amusement park and, while riding the tamest super-old wooden rollercoaster, I got pegged IN THE EYE with a giant wad of phlegm or snot or something. It happened while going through a dark tunnel, so it was like a horror movie or something: I felt something wet hit my face, I reached up to wipe it away and I'm like OMG STICKY. There was so much... It got all in my hair too :gonk: I was wearing a KN95 (of course) but I had contacts in instead of my normal glasses... If I get sick from this, man, I can't even.

Can't believe that something like that happened at an amusement park. That amusement park with indoor sections of it's rides must have been full of idiots, who went to an amusement park while a pandemic was spiking.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

Turns out mindbending levels of corruption is completely fine if you do it in the open

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao letters, loving letters
you loving worthless fucks you god drat moron rear end in a top hat worthless fucks

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

McCracAttack posted:

https://twitter.com/stephaniemirah/status/1428428782717833229?s=20

So what do we think? Will they make it longer than 10 days this time? Less than 10?

going back and forth from in person to remote learning over and over again is probably really super convenient for everyone involved

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

[COVID-19] Please pray like you have never prayered before

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

lmao at the popup antibody clinics just lmao

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i want to punch every lib that stands on a pedestal decrying the fact that we’re going to distribute boosters to everyone before most of the world gets a first dose. its obvious these ppl dont personally give a gently caress about covid themselves, theyre def living the suck ‘n gently caress blue MAGA lifestyle now that they got their fauci ouchie. theyre just picking a position they think makes them morally superior. they would all choose to flush vaccine about to expire down the drain rather than it go into the wrong hands.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Buck Wildman posted:

wtf are these islands of green. are they just shooting anyone who drives in and burning the bodies

in my state, they're counties with maybe a couple hundred people people and no major central civilization (just, like, a combo bar and gas station in the middle of nowhere), so they bounce from green to red wildly since one person catching it registers as 50/100k or whatever and then that slowly averages out with all the days where nobody catches it

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

is we the DCCC?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mdemone posted:

hahaha rip Wicker, you know he ain't dosed

he is an evil man and he is guaranteed to suffer no serious effects of any kind as a result.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

are the letters tied to national guard rifles?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

KlavierVogel posted:

holy poo poo lol :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!
lol the irony