Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

Saw this one a couple of weekends ago at an NWR beach in MA. The sign was posted on every side of the car, and the windows were all covered to block visibility into the car. The driver was walking around with a golf club, umbrella, a mask, and large sunglasses to completely block their face. This ended with police involvement after the car’s owner started swinging the golf club near a refuge employee telling them to leave a closed section of the beach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

EPICAC posted:

Saw this one a couple of weekends ago at an NWR beach in MA. The sign was posted on every side of the car, and the windows were all covered to block visibility into the car. The driver was walking around with a golf club, umbrella, a mask, and large sunglasses to completely block their face. This ended with police involvement after the car’s owner started swinging the golf club near a refuge employee telling them to leave a closed section of the beach.

PLEASE keep me updated, who is this person???? Who isn’t this person????

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

When you get banned from Twitter but you still got to let your thoughts fly free.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

teen witch posted:

PLEASE keep me updated, who is this person???? Who isn’t this person????

Sounds like a victim of "gang stalking" delusion

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Scratch Monkey posted:

Ironic, his deranged behavior is what got him the attention of an anonymous cluster of strangers

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

COLDS NURSE DON'T JAbS KILL 187 DO

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Scratch Monkey posted:

To be fair to gang stalkers, a lot of humans lack the sensitivity needed to pick up the nervous, anxious energy a person gives off when they want to be left the gently caress alone, so gang stalkers probably get their personal space violated all the time.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Yoinked from the tech relics thread

Humphreys posted:

9 years ago I found this in a work carpark. I love seeing it again

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

They can't sensor my bumper. :colbert:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I'm just surprised Frank is such an enduring topic there have been 12 symposiums about him.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
That bumper has it out for Mark & Jack

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Ror posted:

https://i.imgur.com/7QgHOpr.mp4
Tesla. There are many new cars on that sub.

https://i.imgur.com/AsveLBl.mp4
that last one cracked me up for the sheer audacity of it

Doing whippits while driving is a whole nother level. We used to drive an hour to pick up a few hundred at a time and we never made it home without breaking open a box or two on the ride

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
wow a hoarded out tesla, we're really in the future.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Brain Curry posted:

Doing whippits while driving is a whole nother level. We used to drive an hour to pick up a few hundred at a time and we never made it home without breaking open a box or two on the ride

dang man, cool

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Ror posted:

https://i.imgur.com/AsveLBl.mp4
that last one cracked me up for the sheer audacity of it

cut a hatch in the passenger side floor and open it up whenever the cops are on your tail, so as to release a tinkling plume of empty whippits like a poor man's sack-o-marbles. RIP anyone on a motorcycle driving behind you though.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Bismuth posted:

Spotted in the wild today, and hell, same

When did Jose move to Oregon?

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

quote:

At Microwavio's we solicit to minors, however we do not solicit minors.
thank you for the clarification, mr microwavio.com

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

This one, from many pages back.., has got talking heads lyrics down the side and a grandaddy song over the top.

There's probs some decent CDs in that car

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Appeared on imgur today:

For all those words I can't even figure out what his actual complaint is.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
It reads like a dude who lost custody of his kids and the cops won't help get them back

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

that truck legit looks like it's full of kids bodies in plastic totes.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
God I can probably guess the story already, but I want to hear the dad tell it to me.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

LifeSunDeath posted:

that truck legit looks like it's full of kids bodies in plastic totes.

I do like the menacing suggestion "look in box"

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I have the feeling that if that person had even a basic level of literacy I would find his concerns genuinely heartbreaking instead of confounding. I think best-case scenario is a custody issue where he was, probably correctly, assumed to be incompetent as a parent. Worst-case ... ...............

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Behind every infocar is a worst case scenario

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I appreciate the single Human Rights Campaign sticker for LGBTQ+ rights.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Hirayuki posted:

I appreciate the single Human Rights Campaign sticker for LGBTQ+ rights.

Sometimes an equal sign is just an equal sign

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

EPICAC posted:

Greeley is the Florida of Northern Colorado, so this is pretty normal for Greeley man.

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Greeley is the Florida of Northern Colorado, so this is pretty normal for Greeley man.

My step mom is from Greeley. This explains so many things.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
speaking of northern Colorado, I saw this driving around today:

I did not blur out the license plate, it had a semi-opaque cover over it, maybe because of people like me taking pictures of their stupid car

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Okay, boomer.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder if there were weirdos who got nostalgic for telegrams when mass availability of phone networks became a thing

It's hard to think of a technology that was rendered more obsolete by its successors than VHS

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I think 8-tracks were actually even more utterly forgotten and skipped in nostalgia

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

It's hard to think of a technology that was rendered more obsolete by its successors than VHS
[/quote]

I've seen media that imitates some of the quirks of VHS for aesthetic reasons, but the picture quality was so goddamn bad that I suspect there are more people nostalgic about laserdisc.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The nostalgia about vhs was ease cheapness and reusability

The quality was fine for the contemporaneous tvs

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Antigravitas posted:

I'm just surprised Frank is such an enduring topic there have been 12 symposiums about him.
"Frank" is the Trump Pillow Guy's Facebook/Twitter/whatever competitor.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/04/30/mypillow-ceo-on-his-new-site-frank-and-the-4-things-you-cant-say-on-it/

Unfortunately this man seems to have confused it with the URL for Frank's Peach.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

The Mobile VFA strikes again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Quarex posted:

I think 8-tracks were actually even more utterly forgotten and skipped in nostalgia

at least 8 tracks kind of could song select, technically an advantage over cassettes