Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Rubby posted:

Pretty good. how's yours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

holy poo poo I thought the regeneron grift was a run of the mill pumping the stock grift I had no idea Florida was doing regeneron POPUPS at the loving LIBRARY. are these people paying out of pocket or something???

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

lmao so many people that got away with half assing stuff with COVID pre-Delta are now popping positive.

They probably also immediately got the good poo poo five seconds after the test results came back so will suffer no consequences, but still.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

holy poo poo I thought the regeneron grift was a run of the mill pumping the stock grift I had no idea Florida was doing regeneron POPUPS at the loving LIBRARY. are these people paying out of pocket or something???

Probably billing the state in a roundabout way for DeSantis to pocket public funds.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Mr Interweb posted:

uh....we kind of need that rear end in a top hat to stay alive

Why?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

empty whippet box posted:

going back and forth from in person to remote learning over and over again is probably really super convenient for everyone involved

when I think of what's best for my children's mental health, I instantly think of constantly shifting schedules and expectations while the adults flail at an invisible menace

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Gio posted:

i want to punch every lib that stands on a pedestal decrying the fact that we’re going to distribute boosters to everyone before most of the world gets a first dose. its obvious these ppl dont personally give a gently caress about covid themselves, theyre def living the suck ‘n gently caress blue MAGA lifestyle now that they got their fauci ouchie. theyre just picking a position they think makes them morally superior. they would all choose to flush vaccine about to expire down the drain rather than it go into the wrong hands.

it's amazing that this rhetoric only took hold in the mainstream when it became about following the rules

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

he is an evil man and he is guaranteed to suffer no serious effects of any kind as a result.

I think Delta is stronger than Karma

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Shere posted:

I hadn't heard from my mom in a couple weeks and it's because she decided that she'd be going on vacation to the Florida panhandle starting today and 1) knew how I'd react if she told me and 2) couldn't not tell me. So she waited until she was already there to do so. She brought her unvaccinated husband with her. My brother told me she lied to me about being vaccinated, too. lol. lmao.

:sever:
lmao jesus christ

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Shere posted:

I hadn't heard from my mom in a couple weeks and it's because she decided that she'd be going on vacation to the Florida panhandle starting today and 1) knew how I'd react if she told me and 2) couldn't not tell me. So she waited until she was already there to do so. She brought her unvaccinated husband with her. My brother told me she lied to me about being vaccinated, too. lol. lmao.

i know someone who traveled to Florida for an elective surgery. this week.

covid is over

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

https://www.visitjacksonville.com/events/

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DeSantis is rich because he scammed Medicare, so I assume he's gonna make money off this somehow

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mdemone posted:

I think Delta is stronger than Karma

rich people never suffer consequences. not really.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Maybe just one little lap dance.

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011
My new pastime is watching Covid infection numbers go up to the Initial D soundtrack.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

CaptainViolence posted:

in my state, they're counties with maybe a couple hundred people people and no major central civilization (just, like, a combo bar and gas station in the middle of nowhere), so they bounce from green to red wildly since one person catching it registers as 50/100k or whatever and then that slowly averages out with all the days where nobody catches it

as goes the bait shop, so too, the nation

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Stevie Lee posted:

is we the DCCC?

is this a joke

as bad as dems are, if even one of them kicks the bucket in the senate, we won't be passing any remotely useful legislation or appoint any non-chudjes to the courts for the next 3 years. AT LEAST

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I found out my mother who moved to Sarasota a few months ago, and has lung cancer....lied to me about being vaccinated (like everything else ever)

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

CaptainViolence posted:

in my state, they're counties with maybe a couple hundred people people and no major central civilization (just, like, a combo bar and gas station in the middle of nowhere), so they bounce from green to red wildly since one person catching it registers as 50/100k or whatever and then that slowly averages out with all the days where nobody catches it

50/100k would be amazingly low these days

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

same that is loving incredible lmfao

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Shere posted:

My immune compromised (on humira) 77 year old stepmother in law and 70 year old father in law flew to Florida a few weeks ago. I gave the 77 year old a n95 , the 70 year old refused since he's vaccinated

They then just didn't leave the kids house they were visiting since they got scared

Also isn't regeneron the poo poo that Works and is super expensive and saved trump?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

fosborb posted:

when I think of what's best for my children's mental health, I instantly think of constantly shifting schedules and expectations while the adults flail at an invisible menace

"a menace that only children are aware of while the adults are ignorant of it and either fully immune or become unknowingly corrupted by it" is probably going to be a hefty and inexplicably popular subgenre of "dystopian future YA books" shortly

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

I had to briefly stop in the office earlier today and went in jeans t-shirt and tennis shoes. It owned

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Try to guess the outcome before looking at the spoiler!

Greenville County Republican Party leader Pressley Stutts died Thursday morning after battling COVID-19 for nearly a month.
lol

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1428448303549718535

lol

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1428444430911029257?s=20

drat that sucks

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

SchrodingersCat posted:

I do not like these beds at all
COVID has now come for all
A cough, a choke, a hack, a pall
The ER left me in the hall.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

U-DO Burger posted:

my work is being stubborn and is basically trying to torpedo my homeschooling plan by insisting that my work schedule isn't nearly as flexible as they first implied. part of the reason they gave was because other people have been quitting and so they need others to fill in the schedule gaps

feeling pretty close to going for the nuclear option and just quitting and laughing in their faces as it dawns on them how hosed they are now that most of their staff is loving gone, but goddamn it would be hard to find wfh employment on short notice

:sickos:

dm me, goon

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

drat that must've been on hell of an orgy

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

is this a joke

as bad as dems are, if even one of them kicks the bucket in the senate, we won't be passing any remotely useful legislation or appoint any non-chudjes to the courts for the next 3 years. AT LEAST

if Angus croaks maybe Sara Gideon can run again with the $10 million she still has banked from her failed-from-the-start campaign to unseat Susan Collins (related: i saw a Bye Bye Susan bumper sticker on my lunch break lol)

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

how many people in the senate are less than 400 years old

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

going back and forth from in person to remote learning over and over again is probably really super convenient for everyone involved

It is the absolute worst. Kids (and school staff) need consistency. I have a hunch that most school districts that start in Sept are not going to learn the lessons from the districts that started in August and the same thing is gonna happen.

There are some school districts in MN that are requiring masks for everybody (which is good!) but only cloth masks (which is bad! Provide students with daily KF94's please), and not while eating and drinking (which means no masks during lunch).

Last year I put a ban on eating in my classroom because some students used that as an excuse to just not wear a mask all class. Gonna have do the same again this year.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Bout to reap a million vaxxed-in-February elderly people

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

fosborb posted:

oh god people are showing up crazy sick for Regeneron rather than going to the hospital

https://twitter.com/bjoewolf/status/1428383551729307657?s=19

people lined up in a hallway writhing around in agony on the bare ground begging for a dose of "Regeneron" sounds like a dumb science fiction movie but instead it's a documentary lmao

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

The Senate has Bear Week?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

U-DO Burger posted:

business gorillas please open for business in WA in the next week or so, thanks in advance

I'm actually working with a couple other goons that are hiring for other positions in all 50 states. Send me a dm with what you're looking for and I'll see what I can do!

(I'm making a JOBS JOBS JOBS thread this weekend with more info)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Is he the most famous person to die of it?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1428450718378233864?s=20

:iiam:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Thesaurus posted:

how do you get the anonymous vax at cvs, for a third shot? Don't they ask you for an ID, SSN, or do anything to confirm identity?
here are some instructions via the old thread,

Tzen posted:

just got home from CVS, here is my 3rd Pfizer shot trip report,

3 hours ago I went to CVS's website and used a fake name, the stores address and phone number, and no other info to sign up for a 4pm shot
arrived at store and left wallet/phone/everything in the car
upon entry, the security guard admired my 3M HF-800 mask and asked what it was, where I got it, etc. I told him to google '3m secure click' and that i bought it from grainger.com
went to the pharmacy, no one was there except the tech
told her i'm here for my 4pm appointment to get my vaccine
she asks to see the confirmation email or text, i tell her i don't have that on me
she asks for my name, i give her my fake name
"oh there you are Johan, 4pm"
she asks me to go sit in the prep/shot area while she gets the jab ready
*wait*
as she's readying the shot, she asks me to confirm my birthday
confirm it without thinking (lol here is where i'm glad i used my actual birthday)
goes through the whole safety protocol etc. she's still prepping
during this time i ask if she's giving a lot of jabs, she said a few a day (lmao)
she asks for arm pref and i give
she gives me the jab
A++++++ will get jabbed a 4th time if/when needed
also lmao i got 3 loving pfizer jabs while my two kids have 0. loving love it. loving great.

Bears Unltd. posted:

go big or go home

These are all of my husband and I’s cards. Trip report on third dose:

Scheduled online at CVS, used information seen on Max and Ashley’s cards. I used the name of my elementary school bully (I’m sentimental that way), and my husband chose the comedy option. To make it easy to remember, he made his birthday 6/7/89. We both used the phone number of the Walgreen’s across town and the address of a large apartment complex in the next town over, but didn’t add the apartment number because it is optional.

We both went to each other’s appointments, but we scheduled them on different days; I don’t think this was necessary, we just did it because our schedules worked out that way. When we arrived, the tech just asked for our names and then checked us in without further questions. When we were taken back for our respective shots, the person administering the shot asked us to confirm our birthdates. I had to sign a digital consent form, but my husband did not (I guess the pharmacist knew Max was a cool guy). After the shot, they gave us our completed cards.

For those interested in side effects of the third dose, it felt very similar to the first dose for me, and my husband’s side effects were very mild. I woke up feeling fine today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

DeSantis is rich because he scammed Medicare, so I assume he's gonna make money off this somehow

Scam $1m from CMS and go to jail

Scam $100m from CMS and get elected governor