Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
millions of deaths lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Tzen posted:

https://twitter.com/MrFarmahini/status/1428370291470655497
[COVID-19] Setup A Firing Squad Of Maskless People

What can you even say about this? Astonishing level of hubris. Was this an administrators idea or what?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Stereotype posted:

millions of deaths lol

Lmao

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

gregday posted:

remembering back to that time trump pronounces regeneron as Reagan Enron

i dont remember that but it sounds nice

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Some Texas hospitals are looking to prioritize vaccinated patients over unvaccinated patients if things get worse (which they will).

quote:

1. “COVID-19 vaccination decreases severe infection and death. Vaccine status therefore may be considered when making triage decisions as part of the physician’s assessment of each individual’s likelihood of survival.”

2. “When vaccination status is considered, accommodations may be needed when the reason for non-vaccination is beyond the patient’s control such as but not limited to caretaker refusal to have a disabled dependent vaccinated, recent COVID-19 infection, or medical contraindication.”

3. “Many are understandably angry and frustrated with the unvaccinated, but triage must remain grounded upon likelihood of survival. Health care professionals should continue to honor duties of care and compassion.”

but wait you say, what about disproportionate rates of unvaccinated folks in disadvantaged groups? don't worry the doctors considered it:

quote:

“This policy pretends that it is just focusing on objective medical knowledge, but it ignores societal injustices,” Schmidt said. “In such cruel clarity, COVID-19 has exposed the consequences of the structural inequities that we’ve had so long. That’s why it’s critical that we don’t add to that, and in this case, we risk that.”

When I asked the task force doctors about this, they said the subject was discussed in their meeting.

“There was concern about it,” Fine said. “I think we have to acknowledge that the African-American community has been mistreated for 400 years. They have reasons to be distrustful. So we at least want physicians in triage to think about that.”

He added, “The reality is vaccination status can affect the likelihood of survival. Doctors in triage can say, ‘This is a person from a disadvantaged community. We’re going to accommodate them, and we’re going to give it [vaccination status] less weight in our mind.’”

oh wait the article continues a bit...

quote:

Unfortunately, his memo did not mention this.

“In the first version of my memo, it was there,” Fine told me. But he tried to keep his note short because he said doctors don’t have a lot of time to read.

can't expect doctors to take five additional seconds to read something critically important, better to just gently caress over the usual groups yet again.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Greg Legg posted:

What can you even say about this? Astonishing level of hubris. Was this an administrators idea or what?

Hell

We are in hell and after we die we are forgiven and we exist as benevolent spirits in a better universe

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

dew worm posted:

tired of working from home but also don’t want to go back into an office

sounds like ur tired of work

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar
lmao two neighbors just today asked me where I bought the masks for kids this thread's been recommending as I loaned one to each parent when they came over to play outside with my kids. had to share the success story.

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

they say most diseases mutate to be less deadly but uh covid does not seem to be doing that

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

someone make the respirator business card with qr code to the McMaster page

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Zokari posted:

sounds like ur tired of work

:hmmyes:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

dew worm posted:

they say most diseases mutate to be less deadly but uh covid does not seem to be doing that

Give it 3 or 4 more years at least

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

dew worm posted:

it is less deadly than sars 1

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

here's one thing i still don't get

even if HCQ and the horse paste and regeneron all are very effective in preventing covid, why would you need them in the first place if covid is no worse than the flu? :confused:

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 19, 2021

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Tzen posted:

:wtf:

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

dew worm posted:

that rule applies to viruses with like a 90% kill rate

what's covid got, like 1.5%? plenty of room to grow if it wants to. there's no selective pressure whatsoever to push it toward being less deadly. if that happens, it will be purely by accident

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Interweb posted:

here's one thing i still don't get

even if HCQ and the horse paste and regeneron all are very effective in preventing covid, why would you need them in the first place if covid is no worse than the flu?

they're all invented reasons and carousel rotating goalposts anyway

why go hospital if covid doesn't exist and is a hoax?

why do you not want to wear masks but want a surgeon to wear a mask that you claim doesn't work while they cut you open?

why gladly take an even more experimental, less tested, less used experimental treatment than a mrna vaccine?

why do you want oxygen or a ventilator so badly if covid doesn't exist?

why go to a doctor or hospital at all if you don't trust doctors or modern medical science?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ94TcRqdq8

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

osprey posted:

what's covid got, like 1.5%? plenty of room to grow if it wants to. there's no selective pressure whatsoever to push it toward being less deadly. if that happens, it will be purely by accident

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it mutates to have a significantly higher kill rate. And if that happens, we're just going to see more people die, because what the gently caress are humans gonna do about it?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Kreeblah posted:

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it mutates to have a significantly higher kill rate. And if that happens, we're just going to see more people die, because what the gently caress are humans gonna do about it?

hey at least theres a chance at 90% it'll burn out quickly? then things go back to just delta

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

because I don't get this joke already when I am about with my respirator

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Killing younglings in the library.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Somebody photoshop Gollum saying "Max titers precious" TIA

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

https://youtu.be/G_5UOkUDti8

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Tzen posted:

Death cult death cult death death D E A T H

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I wasn't going to post this but you talked me into it:

It's been T+24 hrs since I tricked the clinic into giving me Pfizer shot after having been vaccinated with J&J in early April. So far the only side effect I've had is a sore arm, but the soreness is significantly less than with the J&J shot.

J&J: immediate pain at the injection site like I'd just gotten hit in the upper arm with a 5lb sledgehammer. Pain went away after 24hrs. On the pain scale the soreness was probably a 6

Pfizer: no pain immediately after the shot but slowly ramped up over several hours. After 24 hours I'd call this soreness an 2 on the pain scale.

I have things I'd like to do this weekend but I'm being tentative on making plans in case I jinx myself and get wrecked over the next 24 hours.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

~ELASTOMERIC ELITE ISSUES~
I still have some questions/concerns about the quality of my seal and if I'm doing everything right. I don't want to derail this thread much, plus it already moves fast and replies get lost. I wouldn't mind PMing someone if they're able and willing to help - because I have no one IRL I can turn to for this stuff - but I imagine I'm not the only one with concerns and questions.
Maybe we should have a thread for respirator chat and stuff? I feel like there's probably enough to justify it?

:justpost:

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

osprey posted:

seems bad

KlavierVogel
Feb 27, 2004

[] an old crow spoke to me [] busted leg limped down the street [] said we're both tied to our own trees [] cut me loose, cut me loose []

Thoguh posted:

Can't believe that something like that happened at an amusement park. That amusement park with indoor sections of it's rides must have been full of idiots, who went to an amusement park while a pandemic was spiking.

Yeah yeah, I know :saddowns:. I was masked the whole time, and it was just a short tunnel section. I knew it wasn't a zero-risk activity, but I didn't expect to experience a perfect example of why face shields are a good idea :gonk: Wear your glasses, goons!!

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Biowarfare posted:

why go to a doctor or hospital at all if you don't trust doctors or modern medical science?

It's all posturing with these assholes, especially this one. They change their tune real fuckin' quick when they get seriously scared that they're gonna die.

I have a friend who, several years back, had to go spend some time with some Christian Science family members because one of them gave in and went to the hospital. My friend was there specifically because her relative did not understand, let alone believe in, germ theory, among many other things, so she had to translate between regular doctor-patient communication and crazy speak.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Tzen posted:

lmfao. just fuckin lol until im dead

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

dew worm posted:

This isn't right, viruses mutate to become more communicative, which usually means they become less deadly for their host, but not always, especially in the short or medium term. Being less pathogenic is an incidental result of the usual methods of increased infectivity.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao at the breakthroughs

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Shifty Pony posted:

Some Texas hospitals are looking to prioritize vaccinated patients over unvaccinated patients if things get worse (which they will).

but wait you say, what about disproportionate rates of unvaccinated folks in disadvantaged groups? don't worry the doctors considered it:

oh wait the article continues a bit...

can't expect doctors to take five additional seconds to read something critically important, better to just gently caress over the usual groups yet again.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Summerfest/status/1428174633921130497?s=20
https://twitter.com/WillyPorter/status/1428019159317860353?s=20

you all still ready for Summerfest

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

So glad I don't live there any more. That's gonna be a disaster.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

OK baizuo posted:

I never thought my misanthropy could reach the levels it's presently at but well, America makes fools of us all.

I was a misanthrope before it was cool

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

How in the gently caress are people waiting until like 80% O2 saturation to get help? I have a thing that restricts oxygen that's supposed to stimulate red blood cell growth to help pre-train for high altitude and you're supposed to sit there breathing through it for an hour long session keeping your O2 and 90%. It loving sucks and is incredibly uncomfortable.

Are most Americans just THAT unhealthy generally that they don't notice something like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Atrocious Joe posted:

you all still ready for Summerfest

this guy isnt

https://twitter.com/JimmersFanClub/status/1428188386402111493