Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

it’s not working lamo
the growth is concentrated in his nipples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

theyre so loving terrified of even implying that the vaccines are anything but 100% the permanent solution

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The grocery store pharmacy that I got my shots at sent out an email detailing what they consider to make you eligible for a third shot

Hy-Vee posted:

WHO IS CONSIDERED SEVERELY TO MODERATELY IMMUNOCOMPROMISED?

Individuals who have one of the following conditions:
  • Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
  • Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
  • Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
  • Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
  • Advanced or untreated HIV infection
  • Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response

So I guess Max will be going to CVS if the boosters don't get approved for some dumbshit reason.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Thoguh posted:

The grocery store pharmacy that I got my shots at sent out an email detailing what they consider to make you eligible for a third shot

So I guess Max will be going to CVS if the boosters don't get approved for some dumbshit reason.

its weird they dont consider humira or similar anti arthritis stuff to be immunosuppressants, unless thats what that last line is

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

If he's on growth hormone, it's not working

edit: god loving damnit

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

owned

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Adalimumab is a disease-modifying antirheumatic drug and monoclonal antibody

:argh: monoclonals :argh:

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Thoguh posted:

have to make sure that the dumpster gets its fair share once the booster shots expire

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Thoguh posted:

*walking into hy-vee with my face covered in red washable marker dots*

uh yeah I'm here for my booster and I'm on a poo poo ton of prednisone

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

technically alcoholism qualifies as immunocompromised so good news goons

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zokari posted:

theyre so loving terrified of even implying that the vaccines are anything but 100% the permanent solution

Vaccines is like the version of the liberal saying "Just Vote!!"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CaptainBeefart posted:

That was loving infuriating to watch.

Edit: channel 7 not Masters of the Universe

I was on channel 2, but yeah, it really is the big crack-ping, that healthcare workers, who give the vaccines to children that would be NBD in 2019, fighting against getting one.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Thoguh posted:

I will be letting them know that I take high dosage levels of corticosteroids to combat my severe IDB

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

FizFashizzle posted:

technically alcoholism qualifies as immunocompromised so good news goons

good news for us and all our fathers

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
:siren: Clinics will accept phenylketonuria as an immunocompromised condition :siren:

(that’s the disease that makes you unable to drink Diet Coke)

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

Google Butt posted:

If you have the money there's no harm in buying a variety of different ones and find what work for you. A full face will always be the safest way to go if you're willing to rock it.

agreed. there's so much variety in face shapes and sizes that it's hard to say what will work best for any particular person. just gotta try 'em and see

i upgraded excitedly from my worn out budget 3m 6200 to the hot new secure click (both size medium). i love the comfort and look of the secure click mask... but it actually doesn't seem to fit my face as securely and easily as the 6200. still haven't quite got it to fit properly yet.

i pass both seal checks easily with the 6200, but i break the seal above my nose on the positive pressure check for the secure click, and the seal under my chin breaks too if i move my head a certain way. might be that i live in a stupid hot place and almost instantly get sweaty when i go outside. the silicone seal is softer and seems to get a bit more slippery on a sweaty face than the thermoplastic one does

sometimes you gotta fiddle around with them for a bit before you get the straps just right. and sometimes a certain mask just does not want to work for a certain face :shrug:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TrishaThadani/status/1428485493201641472?s=20

quote:

The employees will receive a letter from their department heads Thursday that outlines the consequences for failing to report their vaccination status by the Aug. 12 deadline. According to the Department of Human Resources, the city is recommending a 10-day unpaid suspension for the 21 employees in the sheriff’s department, 11 in the police department and eight in the fire department.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
to be quite honest it's not always sunshine and roses. but I am proud to be an american, cause at least I know i'm free

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

i'm sure everything works out for them in the end

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Love my local news guy

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

you kill a black man you get months and months of paid leave, you don't get vaccinated you somehow get unpaid leave???

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

quote:

However, the leaky vaccine changes this evolutionary pressure and permits the evolution of highly virulent strains.[13] The vaccine's inability to prevent infection and transmission allows the spread of highly virulent strains among vaccinated chickens. The fitness of the more virulent strains is increased by the vaccine.

The evolution of Marek's disease due to vaccination has had a profound effect on the poultry industry. All chickens across the globe are now vaccinated against Marek's disease (birds hatched in private flocks for laying or exhibition are rarely vaccinated). Highly virulent strains have been selected to the point that any chicken that is unvaccinated will die if infected.

wow hey look a nearly perfect analog to what is happening with covid. amazing

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Stereotype posted:

wow hey look a nearly perfect analog to what is happening with covid. amazing

Good news for respirator crew

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1428487373457924101?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

alternatively you could have told people to wear masks or ???

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Biowarfare posted:

the entire security industry is always full of work because:
people hate using secure passwords
people hate using 2 factor auth
people are lazy
people are stupid
people make mistakes
people hate any form of friction when interacting with a system even if that friction prevents significant loss

I am finishing a Security+ oriented bootcamp (shut up, I know) in September and quit my bartending job to study for this last month (which I should be doing right now instead of shitposting), so I’m always thrilled to have confirmation of job security in security

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Morbus posted:

jetz0r posted about it earlier, but Marek's disease is a good example of what can happen when a highly contagious virus encounters a vaccine that prevents serious illness, but does not neutralize the virus fast or well enough to stop infection & transmission.

quote:

Because vaccination does not prevent infection with the virus, Marek's is still transmissible from vaccinated flocks to other birds, including the wild bird population. The first Marek's disease vaccine was introduced in 1970. The disease would cause mild paralysis, with the only identifiable lesions being in neural tissue. Mortality of chickens infected with Marek's disease was quite low. Current strains of Marek virus, decades after the first vaccine was introduced, cause lymphoma formation throughout the chicken's body and mortality rates have reached 100% in unvaccinated chickens. The Marek's disease vaccine is a "leaky vaccine", which means that only the symptoms of the disease are prevented. Infection of the host and the transmission of the virus are not inhibited by the vaccine. This contrasts with most other vaccines, where infection of the host is prevented. Under normal conditions, highly virulent strains of the virus are not selected. A highly virulent strain would kill the host before the virus would have an opportunity to transmit to other potential hosts and replicate. Thus, less virulent strains are selected. These strains are virulent enough to induce symptoms but not enough to kill the host, allowing further transmission. However, the leaky vaccine changes this evolutionary pressure and permits the evolution of highly virulent strains. The vaccine's inability to prevent infection and transmission allows the spread of highly virulent strains among vaccinated chickens. The fitness of the more virulent strains is increased by the vaccine.

ahahahahahaha hahahahahaha AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA crackping

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

navyjack posted:

I am finishing a Security+ oriented bootcamp (shut up, I know) in September and quit my bartending job to study for this last month (which I should be doing right now instead of shitposting), so I’m always thrilled to have confirmation of job security in security

just get used to adamantly telling a c-level that they have to use 2fa, being told no and to make an exemption, and then they get popped

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

mod sassinator posted:

iphone charge cable with a bandaid

Not to take away from her being a lying psychopath, but 24/7 oxygen monitors are little LED lights and a sensor on a white cord that they bandage to your finger like that. I had surgery at the beginning of the year and had to wear one of those loving things until I got out of SICU. (It would set off an alarm if my O2 went below 97, which was a huge pain in the balls.)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

just turn the death knob to 11

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hate passwords so much

half of my day is typing in passwords to a locked screen saver and dealing with 2fa

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

I hate passwords so much

half of my day is typing in passwords to a locked screen saver and dealing with 2fa

this is what hardware security keys are for

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Biowarfare posted:

this is what hardware security keys are for

my employer would never allow them lmao

thankfully I can do 99% of my job on office 360 on whatever machine

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
at my old job we used to just email each other the new password for the work stuff whenever it changed lol

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Biowarfare posted:

just get used to adamantly telling a c-level that they have to use 2fa, being told no and to make an exemption, and then they get popped

If the military taught me anything was how to tell the brass poo poo they didn’t want to hear and then not caring when they did what they wanted anyway.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
welcome to why there is always opening for security, because your higher ups refuse to implement security after hiring you, ignore all your recommendations, demand a 2fa exception for the CFO, and when he gets phished and loses all payroll records and PII to some child it's your fault

i am super privileged but somehow i cannot survive a few months with no pay because six figure salaries here starting with a 1 are considered to more or less be 'needs assistance'/low income and living paycheck to paycheck

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Casey Finnigan posted:

at my old job we used to just email each other the new password for the work stuff whenever it changed lol

also the passwords were fall2019, winter2020, spring2020, etc.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Whenever I see a usb stick in the parking garage I sprint to my computer and jam it in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Casey Finnigan posted:

also the passwords were fall2019, winter2020, spring2020, etc.

Going to have to report you to the FBI for this security breach of my organization