Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Nope and nobody knows.

Honkai players, is there any equivalent to event-limited gear and whether they ever get rerun?

Yes there are some event only gear and you get another chance on them latter. But then again, you can also farm the very old 5* chars and their consts in that game and I don't see this ever happening here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeah Yoi’s tracking is insane when it wants to be. She will just aim straight into the air when the mech array launches itself. And firing beedo bolts at small dudes is amazing.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

God, I wanted Klee. Why didn't you come home? I'd've been so happy :(

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

That said, as much as I complain about Azhdaha, his boss theme is extremely hype and I crank up the volume every time I fight him

Worst part of this fight is he interrupts it by talking to you. Storm Terror can talk, but he doesn't interrupt his awesome music.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
So I've been losing my mind over an underground chamber near Narukami Shrine.
And I think I'm about ready to give up on it, since it doesn't really seem like there's anything nearby that would lead in there.

The chamber is here, near the broken bridge northwest of Kamisato Estate:

When looking in from above, there seems to be a lever down there, making this the exit.

So I've been searching up and down the area for an entryway and I haven't really been able to find much until a few days ago.
When you jump into the area below Narukami Shrine, the chamber for the final part of the sacred sakura cleansing quest and just below the ceiling, look in the direction of the underground chamber, you can spot this root:

When jumping over to the wall behind there and heading to the left for a bit, you can spot this grate:

It looks pretty shoddy because the lighting changes and turns dark when you get near it.

When you climb up to it, you find a spot that is boarded up, but you can look through there to spot a cage and a bunch of other stuff.

So at the very least, it seems like the underground chamber does connect there, since it would line up nicely. They even furnished it a bit.
I've tried climbing in using Geo Traveler/Zhongli/Venti and squeezing Sayu through some cracks, but I haven't really had much luck and that can't be intended anyways.

So I was wondering whether anyone has any clues as to what exactly this might be or whether any of you found anything. I've been searching to the west of this spot, figuring that it might be a longer underground tunnel, but so far haven't really found anything.
It doesn't really show up on the official map that has all the chests, so it's probably just in development or some leftovers from an unfinished area.

Zwiebel fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 19, 2021

Kale
May 14, 2010

Been doing the Venti story quest finally and couldn't help but chuckle at some things like Little Timmies imaginary Ruin Guardian friend or the training dummy ladies imaginary friend being non-stoic faced Jean nodding in approval of her efforts. Also Paimon just saying the OoB line in response to talking to Timmie and its literally that exact sound clip. Definitely one of the funniest story quests I've done yet.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Zwiebel posted:

So I was wondering whether anyone has any clues as to what exactly this might be or whether any of you found anything. I've been searching to the west of this spot, figuring that it might be a longer underground tunnel, but so far haven't really found anything.
It doesn't really show up on the official map that has all the chests, so it's probably just in development or some leftovers from an unfinished area.
It does seem like an unused or future area.

Apparently it is possible to squeeze through that hole you found, but an easier way is to log out right above the grate switch. When you log back in, it should let you activate the switch and you can get in and wander around. That's how I got in.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Ardlen posted:

Apparently it is possible to squeeze through that hole you found, but an easier way is to log out right above the grate switch. When you log back in, it should let you activate the switch and you can get in and wander around. That's how I got in.

Ah, thank you. That's good to know.
I've been spending a lot of time trying to figure out whether I just missed something, since, y'know, there might've been a chest with 10 whole primogens hidden in there. (!!!)

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Ardlen posted:

Yep, that works. Looks like the spot is meant for a future questline or something.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Yeesh that bloody place has been driving me mad as well, thanks for the posts. Thosts.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Oh nice, I'm glad the initial info about account linking was a little off... Prior to 2.0 I was reading up on it and it sounded like if you'd ever played on PSN you just couldn't link at all, but it turns out you just have to create a fresh mihoyo account to be able to do cross-save.

Tried it out today and it all worked great.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Zwiebel posted:

So I've been losing my mind over an underground chamber near Narukami Shrine.
And I think I'm about ready to give up on it, since it doesn't really seem like there's anything nearby that would lead in there.

:words:

I bet it's linked to that grave(?) in the gorge to the northwest of the exit. There's a very significant-looking path of glowing flowers (plus some visibly hewn-out stairs) which leads to a mundane-looking sword stuck in the ground. I still haven't found a way to interact with it, and it's pretty close by. Seems likely there'll be a story quest there in the future.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Magus42 posted:

Oh nice, I'm glad the initial info about account linking was a little off... Prior to 2.0 I was reading up on it and it sounded like if you'd ever played on PSN you just couldn't link at all, but it turns out you just have to create a fresh mihoyo account to be able to do cross-save.

Tried it out today and it all worked great.

Are you saying you managed to get your PC account linked to be playable on PSN? Because I've had this same issue where I tried the PS5 version once so I thought I was screwed from ever using my PC account on console.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I played the game on a PC account just long enough to get the teapot so I could get the BP for buying stuff from its teapot salesman every week on my PS5. :haw:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Are you saying you managed to get your PC account linked to be playable on PSN? Because I've had this same issue where I tried the PS5 version once so I thought I was screwed from ever using my PC account on console.

No, other way around; I've never really played it on PC, only on PS. I just ignored the account I'd created for PC before that has barely any progress and created a new account for the linking.

According to their docs, if you're looking to go the other way and have logged into GI on PSN then you're SOL on that PSN account.

I don't think there's a fix for your case :/

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Bah. That's what I figured. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I finally got full EM artifacts on Kazuha and got Iron Sting to level 90 and my god the things he does for Ayaka's damage numbers :eyepop:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Harrow posted:

I finally got full EM artifacts on Kazuha and got Iron Sting to level 90 and my god the things he does for Ayaka's damage numbers :eyepop:
Ayakachat, I swapped over from my R1 L80 Black Sword to an R2 L90 Anemona, and against non-frozen enemies it feels like a slight step down. Against frozen enemies I press a button and suddenly I'm in a barren white space collecting loot. No survivors.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

Bloody Emissary posted:

I bet it's linked to that grave(?) in the gorge to the northwest of the exit. There's a very significant-looking path of glowing flowers (plus some visibly hewn-out stairs) which leads to a mundane-looking sword stuck in the ground. I still haven't found a way to interact with it, and it's pretty close by. Seems likely there'll be a story quest there in the future.

I had randomly come across both of those places earlier today while electroculi hunting. From the presentation of the grave (especially the two electro crystal flies around) I'd be inclined to think it'll have a future story quest as well.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Harrow posted:

It's like a 50% damage boost or more. It's insane.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Magus42 posted:

According to their docs, if you're looking to go the other way and have logged into GI on PSN then you're SOL on that PSN account.

I've never touched it on PSN, though I'd like to if for no other reason than early Aloy and enabling remote play. After reading those docs I'm not sure if I'd break my entire account by doing whatever linking is involved.

This is like the whole changing your email address thing, which isn't possible if you signed up with a specific email address because you need a Mihoyo account... which you can't have without an email address. Everything to do with their account management reads like a five-man operation from the 90s.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
To Xiangling fans - is there a trick to not feeling like her E is one of the most miserable things to use in the game, or do you just stomach it so you can enjoy her Q?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

gandlethorpe posted:

To Xiangling fans - is there a trick to not feeling like her E is one of the most miserable things to use in the game, or do you just stomach it so you can enjoy her Q?
you press it when you remember to but it basically doesn't exist. Instead think of her and Bennett as sharing an E.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Figured she's only usable with another Pyro to leech energy off. I hope Thoma fills the void of non-clunky off-field Pyro support.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

I've only been playing for less than a week, but what's worked wonders for me is Xiangling E, wait a second for the bear to shoot flame once, then immediately switch to Sucrose and hitting her E, massive pyro swirl for everyone :supaburn:

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Not very relevant for most Inazuma content sadly, but if you're running an anemo support it's a lot easier to position enemies such that Guoba can consistently connect with attacks. I think he can maybe even succesfully fire into Venti's tornado? But in general he is very much an unnecessary cherry on top of the sundae that is Pyronado.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i've seen guoba do some sick crits in my time, so he gets a pass

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Mailer posted:

I've never touched it on PSN, though I'd like to if for no other reason than early Aloy and enabling remote play. After reading those docs I'm not sure if I'd break my entire account by doing whatever linking is involved.

You should be fine. The first time you open Genshin on PS there's a one-time option to enter your account info to link, after which point it auto-creates a new account and can never be linked to your existing account again. (Q4 on the linked page)

So the worst case should be "welp I can't link my PSN account anymore" as opposed to "well poo poo my progress is gone" - I get the feeling they went this route instead of allowing overriding explicitly to prevent losing progress by someone hitting the wrong button.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

It's cool how we've had so many events that I capped the bp last week

I just capped BP 10 days early so can focus exclusively on clearing out some quests and exploring now. I might actually finally catch up mostly to only new content if not now then by the end of 2.1's season.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
man guoba and oz hanging out together blowing up everything in sight was the sickest poo poo in launch week when I was AR10 and 0em overloads instantly killed hilichurls

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kale posted:

I just capped BP 10 days early so can focus exclusively on clearing out some quests and exploring now. I might actually finally catch up mostly to only new content if not now then by the end of 2.1's season.
3 days of resin going solely to Ayaka powerfarming. Sounds good to me, as someone who is also holding onto all primos for the next banner (currently up to 25 pulls woop woop)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Bleh, I still need to do a bunch of farming on the damned mechanical array. Thankfully I unlocked the waypoint/domain down there last night for easier travel.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Magus42 posted:

Bleh, I still need to do a bunch of farming on the damned mechanical array. Thankfully I unlocked the waypoint/domain down there last night for easier travel.
I alternated it with warping to a point that some sakura blooms should be near, then running around and getting those and after a few minutes popping back in for a respawn. It breaks up the two worst grinds at least.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

man guoba and oz hanging out together blowing up everything in sight was the sickest poo poo in launch week when I was AR10 and 0em overloads instantly killed hilichurls

Extremely same. I wish the numbers and mechanics remotely supported overload teams to be on par with vape/melt, they’re way more fun.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Overload works pretty well with Yanfei+Fischl. I have an EM sands on Yanfei and it gets her enough EM for overloads around 6-7k with pretty good frequency. The stagger also helps keep squishy Yanfei safe.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Thundering Fury Bennett is another option if you want to use overload. I ran it as one of my teams in the current abyss and it's more than capable of getting all the stars.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I was playing with a guy that had a higher level/talent/constellation Bennett than mine but he didn't build for HP his heals were crap. Like he'd never heal me past 70% because he didn't heal in big enough chunks. My Bennett will take me straight to full like a real bro.

Tarezax posted:

Overload works pretty well with Yanfei+Fischl. I have an EM sands on Yanfei and it gets her enough EM for overloads around 6-7k with pretty good frequency. The stagger also helps keep squishy Yanfei safe.
Ehhh, I have an EM sands on Yanfei too but I'm really not seeing it. I got rid of the full crimson witch because Yanfei just wasn't working with Fischl as well as I'd hoped. I use Yanfei with XQ now.

I just realized Yanfei is a great fisher with her charged attack.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I hope Tatara tales just an endless sequence of daily busywork that rewards me primo

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Sanctum posted:

I was playing with a guy that had a higher level/talent/constellation Bennett than mine but he didn't build for HP his heals were crap. Like he'd never heal me past 70% because he didn't heal in big enough chunks. My Bennett will take me straight to full like a real bro.

Ehhh, I have an EM sands on Yanfei too but I'm really not seeing it. I got rid of the full crimson witch because Yanfei just wasn't working with Fischl as well as I'd hoped. I use Yanfei with XQ now.

I just realized Yanfei is a great fisher with her charged attack.

You never need more than 70% if you just kill the badguys dead fast enough.
That other guy knew the true way of the Bennett.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I run Bennett with a shield char pretty often anyway because it kinda sucks when you spend half the length of his ult dodging or getting bonked around by attacks, in which case you really only need the healing for a top-up.