Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

The Oldest Man posted:

Did Biden recognize the Taliban yet

Can't recognize them without having a sanctions package ready because of the optics, but can't risk smacking them with crippling sanctions and categorical refusal to release their treasury funds while the evacuation is ongoing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Gonna lmao if China tells the US to gently caress themselves on the sanctions.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

hobbesmaster posted:

no you need to be a true patriot and listen to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBPhIhb6E_U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p733z6aKwMA

Going to blast these as I drive around my town

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

it's really understated just how much americans and the west absolutely loathe the afghan people

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

VideoKid posted:

After four years of Trump’s insane and corrupt foreign policy the US has no standing in the rest of the world.

I am absolutely sure that everyone reading this thread knows about the UN laughing at Trump. Still, here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nIhBZqZBmQ

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Digital Jedi posted:

Going to blast these as I drive around my town
your car will turn into a rocket car

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Gonna lmao if China tells the US to gently caress themselves on the sanctions.

Like, I'm just your average rube but isn't it obvious that China is not going to abide to any US sanctions without getting a ridiculously huge bribe? Right now they must be on the phone with the Taliban negotiating a loan to cover the accounts that has been frozen.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

yellowcar posted:

it's really understated just how much americans and the west absolutely loathe the afghan people

It is more we don't really care either way, the issue is that China is gaining from this (and also a fair amount of humiliation).

Remember during the Cold War when generals were talking about strategies in terms of "megadeaths"?

trucutru posted:

Like, I'm just your average rube but isn't it obvious that China is not going to abide to any US sanctions without getting a ridiculously huge bribe? Right now they must be on the phone with the Taliban negotiating a loan to cover the accounts that has been frozen.

At this point it is more likely that the US is going to sanction Chinese mining and construction firms going into Afganistan.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 00:03 on Aug 20, 2021

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Ardennes posted:

It is more we don't really care either way, the issue is that China is gaining from this (and also a fair amount of humiliation).

Remember during the Cold War when generals were talking about strategies in terms of "megadeaths"?

No, there is definitely a lot of resentment of Afghans because they had the audacity to not let us "win."

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

lol that "left vet" weiner was whining about tankies and retweeted this

https://twitter.com/ItsMarieMcCurdy/status/1427602917092216875

https://twitter.com/TheAtryan/status/1427998246945890310?s=20

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

yellowcar posted:

Afghans rank between sub-Saharan Africans and factory-farmed tilapia on the average American's "give a poo poo" scale.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

No, there is definitely a lot of resentment of Afghans because they had the audacity to not let us "win."

Is that really about the Afgan people or they were just toys we can't play with any longer so we are throwing them out of the crib?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

the military is good when it does things i want and bad when it does the bad things i dont want... correct

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Ardennes posted:

Is that really about the Afgan people or they were just toys we can't play with any longer so we are throwing them out of the crib?

Either way you're talking about Afghan people.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
it me im the tankie who saY "the Taliban is great"

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

trucutru posted:

Who the gently caress knows. The United States has nothing but violence left to export and after this embarrassment they are probably itching to win a fight.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

ram dass in hell posted:

it me im the tankie who saY "the Taliban is great"

The Taliban is not great

God is great for delivering Afghanistan from the Americans.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

skooma512 posted:

The Taliban is not great

God is great for delivering Afghanistan from the Americans.

praise be to the agents of G*d but all glory to G*d :hmmyes:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Ardennes posted:

you can look at all the victim blaming going around pinning this loss on the afghan people not "standing up and fighting"

mad that they won't fight and die so the western liberal's vanity doesn't take a hit and making them feel bad for a few days this week

mad that they have the audacity to ask to be taken in and resettled as refugees because they'd otherwise be executed

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Paladin posted:

The Taliban accidentally touched the wrong switch and now General Dynamics is billing the US government seven trillion dollars for the autonomous driving feature.

allah ackbar

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

for all the crying liberals do about afghan women and children being left behind to be slaughtered, they sure as hell don't want to bring them home where they live

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
Can't believe the people of Afghanistan so selfishly let our Soldiers down and made them sad. Just complete disrespect

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Honestly who would keep fighting after everyone in charge stole as much as they could and then hosed off into the sunset? I really don’t know what’s wrong with people who expect people to keep fight after that l.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/MandelaFace/status/1428497695224725509

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

That description of the Taliban really proves that the US government, intelligence, and general populace has absolutely no idea about the history of Islamic thought or where modern fundamentalist movements came from. Absolutely no understanding of basic facts, and while it's easy to say it's because Trump made everything post-truth, it's always been this way. LMAO.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/remilitari/status/1428255125118898179
dear god india has fallen to isis

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

yellowcar posted:

for all the crying liberals do about afghan women and children being left behind to be slaughtered, they sure as hell don't want to bring them home where they live

I love Puerto Rican’s and negros
as long as they don’t move next door

So love me, love me, love me
I’m a liberal

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

this is so loving dumb

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
You must gather your party before killing God

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
the world could use less of the US standing around imo. creepy country.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

PawParole posted:

this is so loving dumb

while I generally support the idea of attacking and dethroning god I don’t want to do it with these people.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

lol that "left vet" weiner was whining about tankies and retweeted this

https://twitter.com/ItsMarieMcCurdy/status/1427602917092216875

loving dweeb. Jesus Christ

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Nbc national news said the taliban was letting people into the airport but it was still dangerous because their idea of crowd control was shooting over people's heads. P sure they showed American troops doing the exact same thing a few days ago, but propaganda machine go brrr.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

PawParole posted:

this is so loving dumb

lol look at this noob trying to solo Allah

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

ricecult posted:

That description of the Taliban really proves that the US government, intelligence, and general populace has absolutely no idea about the history of Islamic thought or where modern fundamentalist movements came from. Absolutely no understanding of basic facts, and while it's easy to say it's because Trump made everything post-truth, it's always been this way. LMAO.

According to Doug Laux, former CIA case officer, they didn't even have anyone who spoke Pashto in the entire country in the late 2000s :v:

And he said he found out about some local important figure dying before the agency did just because he picked up a Pakistani newspaper and could read it.

https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781250116888

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

skooma512 posted:

According to Doug Laux, former CIA case officer, they didn't even have anyone who spoke Pashto in the entire country in the late 2000s :v:

And he said he found out about some local important figure dying before the agency did just because he picked up a Pakistani newspaper and could read it.

https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781250116888

The funny part here is that USA was always like this.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

close shave for the Taliban but looks like they found the paint bucket tool again

https://twitter.com/remilitari/status/1428399578915774470?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

Nbc national news said the taliban was letting people into the airport but it was still dangerous because their idea of crowd control was shooting over people's heads. P sure they showed American troops doing the exact same thing a few days ago, but propaganda machine go brrr.

us polices idea of crowd control is shooting into people.