Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

John Lee posted:

Yeah, but everywhere I've seen them has been either UK-only, sold out instantly, or both. I'm not just bitching, I really do want MM&O physical copies, but don't know where to get them.

Can't you get them direct from Fantagraphics?
https://www.fantagraphics.com/collections/megg-mogg-owl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Clementine doesn't make me feel nostalgia because I was never as cool as Clem or her friends. I was more like one of those random assholes they encounter.

This kind of gets at the heart of what I'm talking about. It's not that my issue with Clementine et al. is that they're not lovely enough. It's that they're not boring enough. It's like an idealized version of that type of person. The people I've known like that aren't loving around in the woods or hangin out at parties, they were hanging out smoking weed and watching tv reruns. I think it's no different than how people like to think they're big on hiking or whatever but spend most of their time crashing on the couch after work watching Netflix. The comic depicts an idealized version of that lifestyle. There's nothing wrong with that, and I do like the comic, but I just see it more as enjoyable fluff. I would actually go so far as to say that MM&O is actually less realistic, in the sense that are a hell of a lot fewer people out there like Megg than Clementine, but I think MM&O is more grounded in realistic human traits. It *does* show people at their worst, to an unrealistic extent, but at the same time I get it.

I'm also not trying to change people's minds here. You are all free to enjoy whatever you want. I, personally, enjoy Pupkin. I just love MM&O immensely and have put a lot of thought into what makes it so special to me, as someone who really don't relate with the characters at all (which seems to be a big talking point for it).

Also for fans of hosed up comics, Ines Estrada has been recently posting Cherry on her Instagram, and it's worth checking out:
https://www.instagram.com/inechi__/

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

thetoughestbean posted:

I can’t believe you hate youtubers

Can't you, though

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

womb with a view posted:

This is PFSC?? I... I don't hate this

Yeah, this is gorgeous.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hitmen for Destiny #74: In which we learn about women

==============================

Hitmen for Destiny #75: In which a more direct approach is attempted

Bodycount: still 63, for now

:allears: oh Jymre

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

The mountains in the background gave me a big urge to play some Scorched Earth.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

You forgot to add Jymre in his nerd disguise and that Max guy to your tally. To bad they're both gone now. Killing two characters the same way off screen was a weird story line decision, even for Thorsby.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Philippe posted:

Remember Skrotnisse? That poo poo's legit.

I haven't seent it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

John Lee posted:

Yeah, but everywhere I've seen them has been either UK-only, sold out instantly, or both. I'm not just bitching, I really do want MM&O physical copies, but don't know where to get them.

Have you tried a (comic) book store? Assuming you still have those.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Jymre is a trans icon.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lostclock is such a piece of poo poo

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs

Kennel posted:

Jymre is a trans icon.

:concerned:

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm not sure it's intentional, but Jymre is the protagonist for me.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Him wandering back as a new persona going “oh yeah the old person fell into a hole and died, no body” is such a good gag

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:v:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Phthisis posted:

This kind of gets at the heart of what I'm talking about. It's not that my issue with Clementine et al. is that they're not lovely enough. It's that they're not boring enough. It's like an idealized version of that type of person. The people I've known like that aren't loving around in the woods or hangin out at parties, they were hanging out smoking weed and watching tv reruns. I think it's no different than how people like to think they're big on hiking or whatever but spend most of their time crashing on the couch after work watching Netflix. The comic depicts an idealized version of that lifestyle. There's nothing wrong with that, and I do like the comic, but I just see it more as enjoyable fluff. I would actually go so far as to say that MM&O is actually less realistic, in the sense that are a hell of a lot fewer people out there like Megg than Clementine, but I think MM&O is more grounded in realistic human traits. It *does* show people at their worst, to an unrealistic extent, but at the same time I get it.

I'm also not trying to change people's minds here. You are all free to enjoy whatever you want. I, personally, enjoy Pupkin. I just love MM&O immensely and have put a lot of thought into what makes it so special to me, as someone who really don't relate with the characters at all (which seems to be a big talking point for it).

Also for fans of hosed up comics, Ines Estrada has been recently posting Cherry on her Instagram, and it's worth checking out:
https://www.instagram.com/inechi__/
Even those cool people were really hosed up. And being in your 30s is realizing A those cool people were bad and B you're less uncool than you thought. Goddamn I love being 30 something.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Have you tried a (comic) book store? Assuming you still have those.

I have not! ASAIK, the last one we had in town closed.

It's not telling me these are mostly out of stock like it was last time, so I'll start ordering one a month, I guess!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

John Lee posted:

I have not! ASAIK, the last one we had in town closed.

Well that sucks.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Phthisis posted:

Eh, kind of? Clementine seems to feature a decent amount of people sitting around doing absolutely nothing. It's a little bit... idealized seems like a weird word??? Exaggerated? But not all that much, all things considered. I'm pretty sure I've seen worse.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Yeah what's up with all these comics of people doing things. They would be much more believable if they mostly depicted people sitting on the couch watching TV and then going to sleep.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Triarii posted:

Yeah what's up with all these comics of people doing things. They would be much more believable if they mostly depicted people sitting on the couch watching TV and then going to sleep.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Triarii posted:

I'd read a Royle family comic.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this alt text.

Things are ominously cute with french fry around.

It was just a simple backside air

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Regy Rusty posted:

He is. That's why we love him!

Wait no, the other one.

Hate him.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

This is a conversation that requires at least five more boundaries

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Clementine doesn't make me feel nostalgia because I was never as cool as Clem or her friends. I was more like one of those random assholes they encounter.

I honestly can't relate to it at all and it just makes me depressed to read it. Feels dystopian to me. But I am a literal hobbit except 6 foot.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I haven't seent it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4tm5TbS6Ho

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

His Divine Shadow posted:

I honestly can't relate to it at all and it just makes me depressed to read it. Feels dystopian to me. But I am a literal hobbit except 6 foot.

What?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I haven't seent it.

skrotnisse terrified me as a kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfgV9DHJruY

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Michael Sweater also draws punk animals being mean, but they're a little needlessly chaotic even for me!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

What what, the comic depresses me. That's all. If you didn't the hobbit reference then that's not really required.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Disco Pope posted:

Michael Sweater also draws punk animals being mean, but they're a little needlessly chaotic even for me!

Properly laughed at this one

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The real Pupkin starts here.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

holy gently caress, the design on this stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Empty Sandwich posted:

holy gently caress, the design on this stuff

Not sure if that's a good or a bad holy gently caress?