Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Spoondick posted:

"im going to the library to check out"

"cool, which book are you going to check out?"

"i wasn't talking about books"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

elected leaders turning a pandemic into a market making opportunity is not a low i expected

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

euphronius posted:

who is more vaccinated:
MDs or JDs

probably no MVPs like joel embiid

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Schmoe Cwead posted:

took about an hour of searching but i finally found the most prescient tweet that has ever been twat

https://twitter.com/MichaelRCusack/status/1297839753811779584

are we predicting 2022 is going to be worse too? this pandemic seems to generally follow the pattern of the 1918 Flu and the second year was the worst of that from my understanding... can see delta burning through enough people this fall/winter that there won't be enough covid-naive people left for a real pandemic again

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Schmoe Cwead posted:

my state just had the first covid patient die waiting for an icu bed luckily it wasnt in my town but HERE WE FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOO

SKULL.GIF posted:

+450,000 cases in America in three days

it is the height of summer
lmao dark times ahead

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

turd in my singlet posted:

are we predicting 2022 is going to be worse too? this pandemic seems to generally follow the pattern of the 1918 Flu and the second year was the worst of that from my understanding... can see delta burning through enough people this fall/winter that there won't be enough covid-naive people left for a real pandemic again

I have no reason to believe each year won't be worse than the last

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Please tell me this guy died.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

euphronius posted:

who is more vaccinated:
MDs or JDs

I think it's CDs

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

euphronius posted:

who is more vaccinated:
MDs or JDs

fuuuuuck lol

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm just going to continue laughing manically behind my respirator

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Every year has been worse than the year preceding it. Why would 2022 be any different? :shrug:

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Google Butt posted:

I have no reason to believe each year won't be worse than the last

tahts the general rule but next year doesn't have to be worse bc of covid specifically

(its probably gonna be the supply chain poo poo finally coming through imo)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I have literal 0 hope that anything will be different next year, especially since poo poo is actively getting worse and it's almost September already

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Just had a thought. In America, those who are smart are seeing an pretty great opportunity that isn't going to come around very often. In few weeks or more, you can just simply fake your own death and just disappear and get a new identity somewhere else. It's the perfect time to do so. Ain't nobody is gonna be looking too deeply

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

skewetoo posted:

Every year has been worse than the year preceding it. Why would 2022 be any different? :shrug:

Nah man there was that string of years in the 90s where things got more and more rad

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Good soup! posted:

Nah man there was that string of years in the 90s where things got more and more rad

sadly, the time of the neon fanny pack has long since passed

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

i can't find 3M HF-800s anywhere in canada

not that we need it as much as the states but my wife is a care provider and was thinkin it'd be nice to have

even if there's an equivalent that's comfortable for 8 hour shifts i'd appreciate reqs

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Inspector Hound posted:

The cans should be speakers with a mic or a Bluetooth connection so you can play music through them from your phone

e with speakers and no ridiculous mouth window I'd consider it

Same here. I would absolutely consider it if the mouth window wasn't there and it was full face. A respirators with speakers and a mic that isn't ludicrously priced would be so nice.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
video games have been getting better over the years. That should make up for everything else

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Durf posted:

i can't find 3M HF-800s anywhere in canada

not that we need it as much as the states but my wife is a care provider and was thinkin it'd be nice to have

Same. Tried a bunch of places.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Casey Finnigan posted:

video games have been getting better over the years. That should make up for everything else

yeah splitgate is pretty sick

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Atrocious Joe posted:

I just went to schedule a COVID test for someone I know at CVS and their page says they are done testing for the day
https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing?icid=coronavirus-lp-nav-general-testing

I've scheduled tests on their page at 1am before. wtf is this

lmfao it's like over the air television in the 80s and 90s. it's just off... after 2am

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Good soup! posted:

You could make the argument that America peaked in 1997. Tech was on the way up, no deficit, no 9/11 yet, Russia on the mat after dissolution...

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

checked the comments on this for the News Review (Roseburg local newspaper) and one of them started with "Ivermectin for my cattle is dirt cheap,"

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

turd in my singlet posted:

I'm not predicting definitely worse but I'm sure as gently caress not predicting better

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Idiot Kicker posted:

You could make the argument that America peaked in 1997. Tech was on the way up, no deficit, no 9/11 yet, Russia on the mat after dissolution...

the peak of American civilization was the release of The Matrix in 1999

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Ebola Roulette posted:

GA's governor looks at what's happening in Florida, Texas, and other southern states. He nods knowingly.

"Aha! That's the solution"

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianKempGA/status/1428512725072818179

Open

er

uP

MORE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c84ooIjliT4

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Georgia's almost at 10k cases today :cripes:

E: I have to take my puppy to the vet tomorrow for her shots. They stopped wearing masks in the building so I'm not going in and I'm rubbing my sweet little girl down with a puppy grooming wipe. I hate to hand off this little wiggly pup to someone so much.

Idiot Kicker posted:

1996-2000 were pretty drat good years economically and such and it just seems like everything went to poo poo the second 9/11 happened.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Good soup! posted:

Yeah, the peak was THPS and Dreamcast, after that it was all down hill

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Casey Finnigan posted:

the peak of American civilization was the release of The Matrix in 1999

1999 was so rad we got cocky and created Jar Jar, and Mambo #5. We blew it.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Idiot Kicker posted:

Deus Ex was released June 2000.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Georgia's almost at 10k cases today :cripes:

1996-2000 were pretty drat good years economically and such and it just seems like everything went to poo poo the second 9/11 happened.

those years included the president being impeached and newt Gingrich being the speaker of the house lmao

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

euphronius posted:

those years included the president being impeached and newt Gingrich being the speaker of the house lmao

Yeah Clinton lost steam in 98 so I chose 97.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

euphronius posted:

Yeah it fuckin ruled

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

11 new cases in NZ today, not too bad.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm fairly amused that Biden is so much worse than I had expected

He's on pace for Buchanan II :lol:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
weird that America, like me, peaked when I was in high school

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

euphronius posted:

Yeah I think that says a lot about America.

Forseti posted:

He's on pace for Buchanan II :lol:

Just wait until he fucks up and thinks the cameras are off and says some poo poo like "get these goddamned kids out of my office" after a masked photo op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Helith posted:

Two months into lockdown in NSW and now they introduce mandatory outdoor masking for the entire state. Up until now it was only mandatory outdoors for the 'LGAs of concern' and everyone else had to wear a mask in indoor public spaces and public transport.
Also lockdown extended until the end of September now, though I expect it won't end then either, it'll get extended again.

edit: also a 9pm-5am curfew for the hotspot areas and they'll only be allowed out for an hour a day.

lol yeah, i was looking deeper at the NSW restrictions and i was lollin at being able to hit up bondi beach w/ no masks. i suspect we're going to see a lot of people not take it seriously and ignore the mask mandates.

i also think the extension to the end of sept is going to piss a lot of people off who are going to ignore curfew and the other restrictions.

crepeface posted:

https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1428523118985814017?s=20
wonder if the seriousness has sunk in for the nsw residents who don't take covid serious and whether this weekend is going to take off