Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Xaris posted:

thats the only good SUV.

no there was a different one obsessed with a luxury porsche suv and defending it instead of just getting a subaru like a normal person

My Subaru has a little laser that scans my face, recognizes me, and adjusts the seats and mirrors for me and puts my stereo presets on. What the gently caress does the Porsche do beyond that? Suck your dick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Tubgoat posted:

It's a station wagon, though?

hell yeah

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Tubgoat posted:

It's a station wagon, though?

Hell yeah

Apr 7, 2003

Big sex wagon.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The heng seng tech index is currently crashing.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My Subaru has a little laser that scans my face, recognizes me, and adjusts the seats and mirrors for me and puts my stereo presets on. What the gently caress does the Porsche do beyond that? Suck your dick?

what does it do when you miss a payment

Apr 7, 2003

Proust Malone posted:

what does it do when you miss a payment

I'm paying $320 a month at 0% interest for 63 months and can write a check to pay the entire loan off tomorrow if I feel like it, so I don't particularly worry about missing a payment. Why do you ask?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

You understand that the 1990 factory that made the 486 chips that NASA uses isn't just still cranking out 486s and waiting for NASA to buy more, right?

what do you mean, those factories still exist down the bus from my engine and satellite lines you can just divert one of the conveyors to the car line and be good

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

The heng seng tech index is currently crashing.

looks like it's been doing that for a bout a day

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-19/china-stocks-in-u-s-resume-slide-after-brutal-selloff-in-asia

Hit Alibaba, Tencent, others.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
only thing that matters now is stuff that can cause US stocks to crash. everything else is yawnzor nothingburger.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Gunshow Poophole posted:

what do you mean, those factories still exist down the bus from my engine and satellite lines you can just divert one of the conveyors to the car line and be good

you joke but it's astonishing how many people think manufacturing is like video games

the best recent example is the board game stuff where all of the indignant twitter nerds don't understand why America doesn't just have spare manufacturing capacity laying around to produce ten trillion pounds of formed plastic bullshit with raw materials that are also laying around.

That or why we can't just throw up four walls in a week and call it a factory when we identify a hole in the supply chain. It takes months or years to start up new production lines much less new facilities.

Changing anything, at all, on my lines requires a dozen people and months of work depending on how elaborate of a change. We are shifting one of our core components in our main product to something cheaper, better and more efficient to use. The change over is expected in 5-6 months. I've been preparing for it for over a year.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Yeah the index hit an all time low about an hour ago.

Buy the dip!

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0z4FweCy4M&t=7835s

inspiring sir

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

it makes you feel rich obviously.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Xaris posted:

it makes you feel rich obviously.

more like makes other people feel poor

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Xaris posted:

thats the only good SUV.

no there was a different one obsessed with a luxury porsche suv and defending it instead of just getting a subaru like a normal person

I drive an old classic Jeep Cherokee that's been a project of sorts and almost up to 300k miles now, and in the last months I've had multiple notes pinned on it in parking lots that say "hey man nice Jeep if you want to sell it here's my number". people really want a small but utilitarian SUV it seems. it's sad the cash for clunkers killed most of these things, there's really nothing else like it. i'm going to keep it going until it's (likely) stolen or completely explodes (very unlikely, although a fuel line did rupture once)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/business/status/1428579060083568640?s=20

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i have been doing some psycho-historian calculations and i think i have something. the soviet union withdrew from Afghanistan in February 1989, but their puppet government survived until April 1992. that means the soviet puppet government survived 39 months after the withdrawal of soviet forces. the soviet union collapsed in August 1991, 31 months after their withdrawal from Afghanistan.

now compare this to the USA occupation situation. US forces began withdrawing in may 2021, and by august 2021 Kabul was captured. this means the US puppet government collapsed in 4 months. comparing this with the soviet puppet regime there is a 10:1 corruption/incompetence ratio at play here. the USA empire is clearly 10x as corrupt as the soviet union. by extrapolating this ratio using the power of psycho-history i can predict that the US government will collapse entirely by November 2021

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

sullat posted:

more like makes other people feel poor

America baby! If someone else is suffering more than me, I win.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
who is american putin

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Mola Yam posted:

who is american putin

buttigieg

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

yeah but american govt is just a loose collection of corporations. you cant collapse what doesnt exist

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rutibex posted:

i have been doing some psycho-historian calculations and i think i have something. the soviet union withdrew from Afghanistan in February 1989, but their puppet government survived until April 1992. that means the soviet puppet government survived 39 months after the withdrawal of soviet forces. the soviet union collapsed in August 1991, 31 months after their withdrawal from Afghanistan.

now compare this to the USA occupation situation. US forces began withdrawing in may 2021, and by august 2021 Kabul was captured. this means the US puppet government collapsed in 4 months. comparing this with the soviet puppet regime there is a 10:1 corruption/incompetence ratio at play here. the USA empire is clearly 10x as corrupt as the soviet union. by extrapolating this ratio using the power of psycho-history i can predict that the US government will collapse entirely by November 2021

:hmmyes:

the math checks out

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Rutibex posted:

ah but you see, the american system requires corruption to function, it is inherent so it's actually a good thing that it's corrupt because that's businesses having a say

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
we can’t get our normal bottles at the soda factory (a major brand that you have definitely heard of) I work at right now because of a resin shortage. the ones we can get have a shorter shelf life (only by a week, but still, lol)

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

drat guess fukuyama was right this is the end of history

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Rutibex posted:

0/10 not enough Zenzian statistical methods

Apr 7, 2003

Tiberius Christ posted:

drat guess fukuyama was right this is the end of history

the most reddit name. fuk u, y ama

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

irpoweroutlet posted:

we can’t get our normal bottles at the soda factory (a major brand that you have definitely heard of) I work at right now because of a resin shortage. the ones we can get have a shorter shelf life (only by a week, but still, lol)

Psycho history poster is correct the end is nigh

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Mola Yam posted:

who is american putin

george hw bush

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

yeah but american govt is just a loose collection of corporations. you cant collapse what doesnt exist

gonna end up doing some bigly austerity on SS and medicare and transition to the full 401k/private insurance corporate fiefocracy america has always yearned for (while grinding the underclasses to a fine dust used to fuel 1099 jobs)

this will keep the dollar strong enough to stay on top for possibly a decade!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mola Yam posted:

who is american putin

cheney

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
idk there is no american putin dumbass

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

USA gets a Putin in the 2 potus bushes but they’re like the same guy because of American exceptionalism

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

It was so loving bad in post-communist Russia that I remember lovely rear end white supremacist shill mag Soldier of Fortune (my dad had a sub because he was a dipshit) running articles about how poor post-Soviet working people had to resort to sex work to keep their heads above water in 1993 or so.

I wasn't referring to Russia. I was under the impression Poland, Hungry, etc were quickly integrated into the Western Europe's economic orbit in the 90s.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mola Yam posted:

who is american putin

bezos

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

adding another post. why not

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Twitter has taken away Danny DeVito's blue check mark after he started tweeting pro-union stuff. Now that's some petty poo poo.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

OhFunny posted:

Twitter has taken away Danny DeVito's blue check mark after he started tweeting pro-union stuff. Now that's some petty poo poo.
Looks like it's already back:

https://twitter.com/DannyDeVito/status/1428051103074045953

but still lol that the entire 'verification' process appears to be something that a random twitter temp can accidentally toggle with a misclick at any time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
"accidentally"