Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

RealFoxy posted:

Is it controversial for me to call Girloncinema a grifter for opening an OnlyFans? I still think she's a step away from opening up a dogwhistle patreon so she can talk about her unbias opinions without being harassed (for having dumb opinions and pandering to the right-wing and anti AEW fans)

e: That patreon already exists nvm

It’s not controversial because she’s dumb as gently caress and an easy target. Go nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

which one is bob odenkirk in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm4vxE5xY_k

My bad. Figured it was from that John Wick knock off

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
It’s ok to poo poo on anybody in the Cornette orbit.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NickRoweFillea posted:

It’s ok to poo poo on anybody in the Cornette orbit.

Thought you wrote obit and was looking forward to some discourse.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

SG Bamboo posted:

Is that Jagged and Shane Matthews? When did they manage to escape being Everrise?

They signed new contracts, debuted a show on the WWE YouTube channel and were cut within like a week or something ridiculous.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

IceAgeComing posted:

They signed new contracts, debuted a show on the WWE YouTube channel and were cut within like a week or something ridiculous.

Cut the very next day.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

About 30 days before debuting on AEW.

IceAgeComing posted:

Haha that's great. Happy they've managed to land on their feet, I really enjoyed their Chikara stuff once upon a time

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

Thought you wrote obit and was looking forward to some discourse.

I hope my probe for celebrating Vince and Cornettes deaths like a national holiday isnt too long or at least doesnt fall on a Wednesday.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SG Bamboo posted:

Haha that's great. Happy they've managed to land on their feet, I really enjoyed their Chikara stuff once upon a time

They've already gotten an insane push in only about 2 weeks. They've managed to piss off Jon Moxley, Eddie Kingston, Darby Allin, and Sting.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MikeFullingto10/status/1428419474676387841

(Note that this is in response to a joke posted in reply to a chart showing WWE stock being down over the last two months)

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

RealFoxy posted:

Is it controversial for me to call Girloncinema a grifter for opening an OnlyFans? I still think she's a step away from opening up a dogwhistle patreon so she can talk about her unbias opinions without being harassed (for having dumb opinions and pandering to the right-wing and anti AEW fans)

e: That patreon already exists nvm

I don't think it's controversial, especially because her grift is progressing the way a bunch of people predicted.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/WWEEliasFan1/status/1428447160949936135

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Holy poo poo, it's Elias' one fan!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Just for fun, I went through the roster on the AEW site and I think it's about 21%. This is being generous and counting people like Trent and Matt Sydal who were technically in WWE at one point but didn't come directly from there. If you went with people who came directly from WWE, it'd be even lower.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

IGgy IGsen posted:

so it's elias

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

IGgy IGsen posted:

i liked elias :manning:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

graph posted:

Guess we can't post your Twitter anymore :(

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Elias was cool for approximately the 400 milliseconds Braun was braining him with a double bass, and during the Supersonics joke. At all other times he was cringe.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

graph posted:

Why did you add the number 1 to your twitter handle.
Did you think there would be more?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

Just for fun, I went through the roster on the AEW site and I think it's about 21%. This is being generous and counting people like Trent and Matt Sydal who were technically in WWE at one point but didn't come directly from there. If you went with people who came directly from WWE, it'd be even lower.

Yeah, if you count everyone who was ever on WWE TV, it's 26-28 out of like 110. But that includes like... Colt and Lance Archer

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
How many people count MJF because he was an extra that one time?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

I’ve seen some count Britt since she made a handful of appearances.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

All of them

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
These people count Omega because he was in DSW for 5 minutes.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gaz-L posted:

These people count Omega because he was in DSW for 5 minutes.

Nah, these people have never even heard of DSW. A lot of them presumably think NXT was the 1st ever developmental territory.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

How do you know that? You don't. Maybe AEW put tickets on resale sites as a modern day way of "papering" the town? They want a full building, so I can see them holding back on a percentage of tickets sold on TicketMaster to sell these themselves in order to ensure a bigger crowd.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I... what...

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

So that's how they do those "member of the roster is in the crowd watching the match" spots!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dude no ticket reseller that wants to stay in business is going to take a significant amount of comps to move on an event no matter how hot it is. People study this poo poo like stock markets and take extremely conservative risks.

I'm glad I don't have social media anymore to wade through all this stupid poo poo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/wwe_wwf_Junkie/status/1428549607647219712

Yeah I'm sure MJF can't wait to leave the company that just put him over Chris loving Jericho.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/wwe_wwf_Junkie/status/1428549607647219712

Yeah I'm sure MJF can't wait to leave the company that just put him over Chris loving Jericho.

WWE: Where the Big Boys Play

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Sydney Bottocks posted:

WWE: Where the Big Boys Play

Look at the adjective!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/p7ty3a/people_are_talking_about_roman_saying_cm_punk/

Just loving amazing

Like a kid doing a book report from one source

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

That poster is definitely too young to have seen those John Cena vs John Laurinitis main events

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Can't wait for this thread tomorrow

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Rarity posted:

That poster is definitely too young to have seen those John Cena vs John Laurinitis main events

You're onto something

"She’s 20 years old, she’s the first wrestler in my entire life watching wwe to work for wwe and be younger than me"

On Cora Jade's favourite wrestlers growing up being CM Punk and AJ Lee.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/rivayir/status/1428506598771724296

Heels can never smile or be funny/goofy on purpose

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I wouldn't call that a bad opinion or take, Emi's had issues connecting with American audiences and a straight clear as glass character would help a lot. Her heel Queen Emi worked in the torunament as well ti wasn't in front of a crowd and the sycophantism worked easy, whereas over here this is peoples first exposure to her (she hasn't been live on AEW outside of youtube since 2019).

She can be a smiling goof to the ring and then just stiff the poo poo out of her opponents like the second coming of Aja Kong and everyone would understand it immediately. When fans can't work out if they're supposed to cheer or boo they have no reaction which is the worst reaction.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

fez_machine posted:

https://twitter.com/rivayir/status/1428506598771724296

Heels can never smile or be funny/goofy on purpose
They totally can.
But that's not a bad take, there were a lot of problems with how Emi was portrayed initially in AEW. Not sure if the exact thing described in that tweet happened excactly like this, I don't remember. But I do remember finding it weird that she ping-ponged so hard between typical face and heel mannerisms.

I get that in japanese wrestling doesn't have the same face/heel dynamic as western wrestling and it's handled differently, but Emi in AEW was a bit weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The main problem with Emi's AEW presentation was her god awful theme :colbert: