Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

OAquinas posted:

oh yeah. It was also fully T2 rigged (which nobody does); easily half a trillion went up in smoke there.

...yes...nobody...

fuckin hilarious that ours survived and theirs did not, during their offensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

evilweasel posted:

...yes...nobody...

I'm still waiting for the manufacturing sotiyo in 1dq to get the final t2 rig. :smugbert:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Ajaxify posted:

I'm still waiting for the manufacturing sotiyo in 1dq to get the final t2 rig. :smugbert:

We will have to hack the gibson to increase the total rig calibration on an upwell structure by 50.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

evilweasel posted:

...yes...nobody...

Goddamn we're stupid rich.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Holy poo poo that papi ping owns to read now

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Kitfox88 posted:

I know about most of those but Jack “Jack Gates” Gates is missing from my colander brain and I’m curious

I just remember that every time he was mentioned, he always had a special honorific title like Jack "Iron Fist" Gates or Jack "Tiger Tamer" Gates. And of course Jack "Jack Gates" Gates.

The one time I remember him on an op, he was flying ahead of a big fleet in an interceptor (or something else small and fast). He blew through a red gate and landed right in the middle of like a dozen hostiles camping said gate. We immediately get a bit of panic over the comms as everyone starts to lock on to him and he's attempting evasive maneuvers, but then "They're running away. Because I've got like...a million muscles." Not because there were 100 goon ships gating in.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Looking at old maps going back to 2007 and I see Goons have never held the North East region.

Is that right?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
we've purged tenal a few times

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

notaspy posted:

Looking at old maps going back to 2007 and I see Goons have never held the North East region.

Is that right?

There be Drone Russians. No one wants that.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ajaxify posted:

It doesn’t fit. Not enough calibration for three t2 rigs.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

evilweasel posted:

Thus, they're still waiting

checkmate :colbert:

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

evilweasel posted:

loving bullshit :ccp:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Lakedaimon posted:

I just remember that every time he was mentioned, he always had a special honorific title like Jack "Iron Fist" Gates or Jack "Tiger Tamer" Gates. And of course Jack "Jack Gates" Gates.

The one time I remember him on an op, he was flying ahead of a big fleet in an interceptor (or something else small and fast). He blew through a red gate and landed right in the middle of like a dozen hostiles camping said gate. We immediately get a bit of panic over the comms as everyone starts to lock on to him and he's attempting evasive maneuvers, but then "They're running away. Because I've got like...a million muscles." Not because there were 100 goon ships gating in.

An incredible hero that I’m better off for knowing about, thank you. :patriot:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Honestly his callout of btls in the comedy goldmine is a masterclass in callout posts.

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?
Joined a couple days ago. Jumped in on a fleet in my Condor. No idea what was going on.

Was guarding a gate when a never ending chain of titans came through. Neat.

Ended up at a Keepster that was being destroyed. We were guarding a gate for some reason. Towards the end the FC warps us in to get some shots in on the target. Was at like 50km out, my weapons only got to 3500m. Try to get into range, get to 5000m and then I'm in my capsule for some reason. Don't know what happened. Did not get on the kill.

10/10 would die again.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

so, guess who popped their head up out of the weeds?

yup. dozer. mans asked me to pass a message:

yep, mandozer posted:

To the guy I gave my t00nies to: Did they find a good home yet? If not, email mandozerthegreat at goatse dotte cx and I’ll take em back. They really should have ended up with a newbee by now though. Do not dm viva miriya, that account is dead.

I’m back. Mainly because I heard they (all of eve) tried to “BoB” goons again (gently caress that noise).

As a very important aside, I’m really sorry for all the bad posting and vitriol over the years. Hope you can accept my collective apology for that. It’s long overdue.

also he expressed vague interest in reviving hole sqad or helping do so, if anyone is so inclined.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

evilweasel posted:

I'll admit it. The real truth is this whole war I thought we were just being cheap about this one thing. You can cast me out of goondor now.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

dragonshardz posted:

also he expressed vague interest in reviving hole sqad or helping do so, if anyone is so inclined.

That name is soooo familiar. Did he play SQUAWK... I mean, MWO as well?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I got to use my carrier today.

Granted it was to ref a structure and later to shoot a blue on 1dq undock, but I got to dust off my expensive station spinning toy.

Oh yeah, we also managed to put over 3.5 million damage into a brutix before it died. https://zkillboard.com/kill/94606069/

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

wilderthanmild posted:

I got to use my carrier today.

Granted it was to ref a structure and later to shoot a blue on 1dq undock, but I got to dust off my expensive station spinning toy.

Oh yeah, we also managed to put over 3.5 million damage into a brutix before it died. https://zkillboard.com/kill/94606069/

I assume it was being repped?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Magugu posted:

Joined a couple days ago. Jumped in on a fleet in my Condor. No idea what was going on.

Was guarding a gate when a never ending chain of titans came through. Neat.

Ended up at a Keepster that was being destroyed. We were guarding a gate for some reason. Towards the end the FC warps us in to get some shots in on the target. Was at like 50km out, my weapons only got to 3500m. Try to get into range, get to 5000m and then I'm in my capsule for some reason. Don't know what happened. Did not get on the kill.

10/10 would die again.

Welcome! I was in one of the Muninns. You were probably caught by that Keepstar’s PDS (point defense system, blows up small stuff that’s close by).

What’s your in-game name? How are you doing on isk?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

The Locator posted:

I assume it was being repped?

Yeah. It was just some loving around to get a ton of damage on a supcap killmail.

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?

Bob Socko posted:

Welcome! I was in one of the Muninns. You were probably caught by that Keepstar’s PDS (point defense system, blows up small stuff that’s close by).

What’s your in-game name? How are you doing on isk?

Guess I need to get in a ship with longer range.

"Palehorse Named Steve" is my in game. I got 11m, mostly from the starter missions. Haven't really figured out how to make isk yet. I got a venture from the free frigs and tried to mine a bit, but there were NPC ships that came in. Not sure if the ship would have survived them. I read about salvaging, but I haven't found where to salvage yet. It's information overload right now, so I'm not really sure what to do. It's a lot to take in. So I figured I would just jump in fleets, keep working on the skill plan and everything will figure itself out.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Magugu posted:

. So I figured I would just jump in fleets, keep working on the skill plan and everything will figure itself out

This is the way :shobon:

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Next time just shoot the keepstar, even if you're not in range a miss counts

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Ajaxify posted:

That name is soooo familiar. Did he play SQUAWK... I mean, MWO as well?

Mandozer played P&W with our crew and was a commissar during that hellwar we were in.

Lets Get Patchy
Aug 8, 2006

dragonshardz posted:

I'll resub for anything involving the revival of the greatest iteration of goons in holes.

Edit: please don't give dozer leadership stuff.

Lets Get Patchy fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Aug 20, 2021

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

MaxPowers posted:

Im a free agent now. Anyone wanna find goku and rebirth an astra in there? I swear I'll only be mildly high.

What was the jcode do you remember?

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

LiberalExtinction posted:

Mandozer played P&W with our crew and was a commissar during that hellwar we were in.

what is p&w

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Lets Get Patchy posted:

Edit: please don't give dozer leadership stuff.

Why not? what could possibly go wrong?

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

Spiteski posted:

What was the jcode do you remember?

j102055 looks about right

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

MaxPowers posted:

j102055 looks about right

I THINK that's right.

edit: I checked my killboard and yeah I'm more certain now.

edit: Jeezus haven't played since 2018 and squid stuff goes back as far as 2014 for me. Where'd the time go?

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Aug 20, 2021

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

That's a nice hole. I know the current group also has a C4-3/5 set up, and my own krabbing den is a C4-2/5. I'll keep my eyes peeled as a roll over the next few days.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I'm hearing the siren call of That Real poo poo

awox
Aug 21, 2015
luv2club
This jeveassets thing says I have 9 trillion ISK worth of poo poo, the gently caress do I do now?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

awox posted:

This jeveassets thing says I have 9 trillion ISK worth of poo poo, the gently caress do I do now?

you contract it all to weaselior, obviously

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

awox posted:

Help reimburse under 10% of PAPI's war losses lmbo

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

awox posted:

If you send it to me I'll double it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Magugu posted:

"Palehorse Named Steve" is my in game. I got 11m

I just sent you 10x that.