Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.supremenewyork.com/previews/fallwinter2021/accessories/supreme-mg-1-100-rx-78-2-gundam-ver-3-0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmfao

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The Advanced MS Joint in this thing is vestigial and unnecessary to say the least.

edit: wtf, my tablet time traveled? I just finished it.

Carteret fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 18, 2021

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

They should make a drip gundam

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Tonight I've built the Aestivalis Aerial Battle Frame and woof this one's pretty bad.

This thing is so goddamn BLUE it could sing "da-ba-dee-da-ba-di".

It's also really, really frustrating because there's so many dumb choices in it. Unlike the OG Battle Frame, it doesn't have the landing-jet gimmic where the front struts pivot forward, it's just a solid blue piece despite most of the leg sharing parts with the other Aestivalis kits. It's also missing the stickers for the ankle axles and feet that you'd expect to find as standard, because they're identical on all the models. There's also no stickers for parts that should be orange like the shoulder tips. Oh, special mention goes to the :wtc: cockpit ejection gimmick shared on all of the Frames I forgot to bring up; The front chestpiece sits in two polycaps you're expected to wiggle forward and lift. You know, the things that are supposed to hold a piece firmly in place.

The vernier mounts are also short nubs that threaten to come off at the slightest effort. If you look at the back photo you can see how perilously short they are. If I was going to score these things, the OG Battle Frame would be a 6/10 (mostly okay for it's time, worth it if you know what you're going into) and this thing would be a hard 4/10. It's pretty low-effort even for a kit from the late-90's. If you want one, you will want paint and a panel-liner.

I also took a peek at the third kit I bought, the Artillery Battle Frame, and uh... can anyone spot the difference between the box art and parts?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

My latest submission, a MG Zaku 2 (2.0)

A short summary, gently caress these pipes. It took me a day of constant pulling to get the ones for the chest.

Next up, something from Build Divers

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Yawgmoft posted:

They should make a drip gundam

They should reprint the Linkin Park Gundam.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

They should reprint the Linkin Park Gundam.

Or make a 3 Dodais Down set.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I got done with my Ver Ka Wing Zero (The bot at least. Might do weapons later). Really cool model but drat if it needs the stand (Though it was funny that the wings can double to prop up the bot if you do not have the stand ready yet :v: ). I did not enter it into Backlogust because I started on it several months ago and did not know if I should enter it in.

Anyway, I am trying to decide if I want to tear into my PG Unleased or work on another backlog item: The blue RX-78 I got from P-Bandai last year, so when I do get done with the PG Unleashed I could make a "Don't ever talk to me or my son or his sons ever again" picture with all my Grandpas.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
MG Freedom Gundam 2.0 completed. Panel lines and stickers applied.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Decided I wanted to do the RX-78 MG 3.0 first. Build my way up, so to speak.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

Decided I wanted to do the RX-78 MG 3.0 first. Build my way up, so to speak.

Save time and skip the core fighter if you're going for speed, there's a big chest block that holds the LED unit and replaces much of it. Check the end of the directions for details.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Quick and easy one tonight. If my HG Messer preorder ever ships, I’ll have it to stand next to this one for the Hathaway part of my shelf.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Midjack posted:

Save time and skip the core fighter if you're going for speed, there's a big chest block that holds the LED unit and replaces much of it. Check the end of the directions for details.

Too late, just completed the Core Fighter :v:

Its neat so far but dang if it isn't lousy with small details and indentations that you need to pay attention and, more importantly, not clip or break off, in order to build the thing correctly.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Saw the local B&N had Frame Arms kits instead of Gundam Models, which could lead to more Kotobukiya kits?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Next submission is a cool leo kit from build divers. You have multiple options for heads and shoulders so you can make whatever you want. The ankles and legs are pretty weak though, most of the love for the kit went into the customization optims.

Up next is another Wing kit, a maganac.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Down to my last of the three Aestivalis kits and oh boy is this one a mixed bag.

Bandai.

Why?

You could've done this in dark-green, or dark-grey, and it would've been relatively on the mark. Why Chocolate Brown? Those green stickers on the shoulders just make it embarrassing. The worst part? I actually like this kit, mechanically at least. It's a fun little build, and has some neat gimmicks for a 90's kit, because the support legs partsform out with extension struts, and the claws open and shut. They didn't need to do either, but they're nice to have. The cannon's control arm also folds in-and-out. Also it included stickers for the feet this time, unlike the Aerial Combat Frame, so it's got that going for it, I guess.

I don't know if color choice factors into the plastic budget at all, but it's like they made a good kit and then someone asked "how can we make this just a little bit poo poo like the others?". It's honestly worth buying if you're willing to paint it completely, but otherwise it's just so... CHOCOLATE

Chocolate artillery raiiiin!!

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

If the artillery is brown you can't see the enemy poop themselves.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Augustus Gloop recovery unit

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
How GOOhNs aren't the mascot gunpla for this forum and don't get mentioned once a page here baffles me.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

koreban posted:

How GOOhNs aren't the mascot gunpla for this forum and don't get mentioned once a page here baffles me.

It's hard to muster enthusiasm for a no-grade 1/144 from 2003, even if it is the GOOhN.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

koreban posted:

All GOOhNs are equal, but some are more equal than others.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Midjack posted:

Wish I had, but I made the corefighter then wedged it up in the chest and it won't come out. At least it's pretty solid, somehow.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Anora posted:

Saw the local B&N had Frame Arms kits instead of Gundam Models, which could lead to more Kotobukiya kits?

They had those at the one near me as well yesterday. Does bluefin distribute those or are they from Koto USA directly, I wonder?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://p-bandai.com/us/cont/campaign/goe2021

Gundam Expo. Another chance at the RG Perfectibility

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gustav Karl completed. Looking forward to a Messer after doing this one. The massive panels are nice after a couple of high detail master grades.

e: next up - granddaddy Gundam The Origin.

koreban fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Aug 20, 2021

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

El Burbo posted:

Literally never gonna have the chance to get an mg perfectibility huh :negative:

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

El Burbo posted:

I expect they'll only have 20 in stock like last time.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Literally never gonna have the chance to get an mg perfectibility huh :negative:

I've built if, it's okay I guess. The shield tails make it impossible to stand unless you have an actual stand or a large area to set it up on.

It's super unbalanced. Looks great though.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

While you folks scramble for the Unicorn, I'm going to get myself a Gouf Flight Type.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

That Mark 2 HG looks pretty cool too. I keep on debating if I should get the PG of the Mark 2 once I have room for another PG.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Azubah posted:

I expect they'll only have 20 in stock like last time.

Goddamn, is the popular P-Bandai stuff always like that?

I really want that Perfectibility

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

koreban posted:

It's called "MOBILE GOOHN", you see...

...and most goons aren't very mobile.

I'll see myself out.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

MechaX posted:

Goddamn, is the popular P-Bandai stuff always like that?

I really want that Perfectibility

There were some things at last year's g-expo that sold out in hours, some in minutes. The RG Perfectibility is the only one (that I can recall and was interested in) that sold out in seconds.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Napoleon Nelson posted:

There were some things at last year's g-expo that sold out in hours, some in minutes. The RG Perfectibility is the only one (that I can recall and was interested in) that sold out in seconds.

Oof. Welp, better start looking at some back up plans so I can at least get some of the stuff I’m interested in (not sure if I dig a lot of these clear versions to be honest)

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

After years of thinking about getting me some gunpla I'm finally getting some. Limiting myself to a budget of 40 a month, so getting me some nibs, a black gundam marker, the entry grade RX 78-2 and thr HG RX 78GP01Fb.

I will get all the 0083 suits, but ill also get me other kits along the way.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

I ordered from here but wasn't able to cancel my other order, though I can return it. I do have a question: Do they include any extra sheets? Apparently the one I got does.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Took a few days and caught up on sleep, but now I'm back.

This is way more red and darker than I really was expecting, oddly enough.

And that's one stinky-stupid-man special completed.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

That looks fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I'm sure I'll fiddle with this later and I regret not taking as much care and using some techniques in hindsight, especially with how many flaws get enhanced with photos, but I'm done enough with my custom that I'm considering it done enough.

I present to you my Fellowship (a very good tabletop RPG) character, Xenu Vhar (Reforged Body). If anyone knows the game, she is a former Remnant turned Lantern.

I like how much the glow effect can work even in decent light.

Full combat mode.

Under a blacklight.

No lights, just self-glow. It doesn't last forever, but drat it looks cool.

I need a second May kit eventually so I can have swapable feet, since I wasn't able to get the foot claws removble in a way that I liked and ended up just glueing.
I really should have airbrushed the gold instead of brush-brushing it. That particular gold mix does not want to level.