Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

and the followup:

https://twitter.com/hellotushy/status/1428460133596729352

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/garfpooop/status/1428477234826801154

Yes, stand in awe of Allah and recognize the power and light of Islam

Valiant effort, dumbest_bitch

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Simpsons has been better memes for longer than it was a good show probably

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/hellotushy/status/1428447474855907340

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

Valiant effort, dumbest_bitch

Literal witchcraft people realizing God is more powerful than them.And instead of submitting to him, thinking they can Captain Pollution him.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's the whole story here again? I've forgotten it

https://www.versobooks.com/blogs/4385-failing-to-plan-how-ayn-rand-destroyed-sears

quote:

Executives would attach screen protectors to their laptops at meetings to prevent their colleagues from finding out what they were up to. Units would scrap over floor and shelf space for their products. Screaming matches between the chief marketing officers of the different divisions were common at meetings intended to agree on the content of the crucial weekly circular advertising specials. They would fight over key positioning, aiming to optimize their own unit’s profits, even at another unit’s expense, sometimes with grimly hilarious result. Kimes describes screwdrivers being advertised next to lingerie, and how the sporting goods division succeeded in getting the Doodle Bug mini-bike for young boys placed on the cover of the Mothers’ Day edition of the circular.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Yestermoment posted:

Literal witchcraft people realizing God is more powerful than them.And instead of submitting to him, thinking they can Captain Pollution him.

if you're not trying to kill god what even is the point of magic

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Stexils posted:

someone hasn't read the dragonlance books; tl;dr it never goes well

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Stexils posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFDZVbmWbXM

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
My favorite part of the Sears self-destruction:

Sears had a lot of very popular and successful in-house brands which were a big part of their profit margin, because cutting out the middleman let them sell products for less than the competition while still making more profit per unit sold. But store departments were graded by their net sales. So if they sold a Kenmore product for $180 it would make them look worse than selling a comparable 3rd party brand for $200--and worse, it would make the in-house brand managers look good because their sales are up. So department heads started doing everything in their power to avoid selling Sears' in-house brands, even though it meant the company would make less money.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Stexils posted:

https://twitter.com/stev_d/status/524686327233921025

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ABCmediawatch/status/1428495793363636227

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

JPrime posted:

someone hasn't read the dragonlance books; tl;dr it never goes well

Sounds like YOU haven't played the Shin Megami Tensei/Persona games. It can go very well.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

trapped mouse posted:

Sounds like YOU haven't played the Shin Megami Tensei/Persona games. It can go very well.

Sounds like YOU haven't played ENOUGH Persona/Shin Megami Tensei. Killing a small-g god largely goes fairly well; trying to kill capital-G God is at best an exercise in futility or at worst a key to eternal torment.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Cleretic posted:

Sounds like YOU haven't played ENOUGH Persona/Shin Megami Tensei. Killing a small-g god largely goes fairly well; trying to kill capital-G God is at best an exercise in futility or at worst a key to eternal torment.

Aww man. I actually haven't played enough of those games. I really got the wrong impression of them from friends/twitter people then.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Cleretic posted:

devil survivor 2 owned cause you basically go power cycle god so it forgets it wants to reset human existence

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

the holy poopacy posted:

My favorite part of the Sears self-destruction:

My "favorite" bit of pillaging:
The only big asset Sears and Kmart really had left is the property they sat on. The CEO Eddie Lampert decided the only way to save the companies was to sell off the land and generate some quick cash. The buyer? Another one of Eddie Lampert's companies. Sears/Kmart now lease what they previously owned.

Saw that happen in eve online once and people were like "woah, woah, woah! WTF?" Most scams are legal in that game and it's basically a libertarian simulator and even those folks thought that move was a bit much.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

MisterOblivious posted:

My "favorite" bit of pillaging:
The only big asset Sears and Kmart really had left is the property they sat on. The CEO Eddie Lampert decided the only way to save the companies was to sell off the land and generate some quick cash. The buyer? Another one of Eddie Lampert's companies. Sears/Kmart now lease what they previously owned.

Saw that happen in eve online once and people were like "woah, woah, woah! WTF?" Most scams are legal in that game and it's basically a libertarian simulator and even those folks thought that move was a bit much.

Wasnt that exactly what the WeWork guy did as well? Everything old really is new again.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Wasnt that exactly what the WeWork guy did as well? Everything old really is new again.

Ray Kroc was well aware of it.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
It wasn't as thorough, but there was a lot of that "make 'em fight!" attitude when I worked at Gamestop, too. The whole store's selling way more subs/preorders/whatever than one would hope in a small town? Who cares, send a nasty e-mail to whoever sold the lowest. Promised the SGA they're being trained for a management position? Give it a few months, hire another SGA, tell them the same thing and then split the hours between them. If called on it, the manager blames his manager who blames his manager, or they just tell the complainer they shouldn't worry if they're outworking the other SGA. THEN you had guys working the system, turning a $10 preorder into two $5 preorders unbeknownst to the customer so the numbers would look better. An assistant manager got caught doing this, but he didn't get punished because... well, he had the best numbers in the store! How could we fire him?!

Probably low on a billion things wrong with Gamestop, but it was one of the couple dozen that made me bail.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/cavalorn/status/1428440568120684549?s=21

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/notbaldanymore/status/1404171062376501251

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I'm completely lost. What's the joke? Is there one?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I don't get it either, maybe I'm officially old and out of touch.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Chas McGill posted:

I don't get it either, maybe I'm officially old and out of touch.

it's not Thursday so you're also out of time

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Math is hard? I guess? Although that math isn't.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Tiggum posted:

I'm completely lost. What's the joke? Is there one?

87 is up there with 51 as "numbers that feel like they should be prime"

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

If you're an idiot like me, your first thought upon seeing that tweet would be something like "no way, those numbers are too wild and different to be divided" and then check the tweet and know youre dumb.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Biplane posted:

If you're an idiot like me, your first thought upon seeing that tweet would be something like "no way, those numbers are too wild and different to be divided" and then check the tweet and know youre dumb.

same. And I was on the math team in high school. I wasn't good or anything.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Take a number thats almost 30, multiply it by 3, get a number that's almost 90, do the soyface: This Is Content

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

"content" basically translates to "poo poo"

I need to start using that now. "What a loving content I just had" "ugh had KFC for lunch now I gotta drop some content"

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

codo27 posted:

I need to start using that now. "What a loving content I just had" "ugh had KFC for lunch now I gotta drop some content"

What's it like being on Medicare?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean content is a neutral word.

It doesn’t really mean good or bad

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

In the context you see it 95% of the time today its the title given to a piece of cow dung excreted by whatever talentless dingbat is desperately volunteering to be a shill for any company that will give them stuff

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

codo27 posted:

Excellent use of your English degree.

https://youtu.be/U9Dcsa0FhrM

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I hate things. 95% of the time a thing will be boring, worthless or even dangerous. Almost no things are any good at all and even the good things are fleeting or expensive

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

it's not Thursday so you're also out of time

Omg I even I had to look that up...

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

flavor.flv posted:

I hate things. 95% of the time a thing will be boring, worthless or even dangerous. Almost no things are any good at all and even the good things are fleeting or expensive

Theodore Sturgeon posted:

That's right, 90% of all science fiction is crud. But I'll go you one better; 90% of everything is crud

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Wait until you find out about all the things that don't exist that you can still hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Memento posted:

87 is up there with 51 as "numbers that feel like they should be prime"

The sum of the digits is divisible by three, therefore also is the number itself.

projecthalaxy posted:

Take a number thats almost 30, multiply it by 3, get a number that's almost 90, do the soyface: This Is Content

See also: Grothendieck’s prime